PDA

View Full Version : Enertia Props (Has anyone tried one?)

TCHB
08-12-2006, 02:10 PM
In a forum search i found this that was interesting...(These props are out now)
I happen to work in the propeller division at Mercury Marine........ I would like to try and answer some of the topics brought up here regarding the New Enertia Propellers.....
-The suggested retail price for the Enertia will be $646- each.
-The new X7 alloy is as stated..... 30% stronger and 4 times more durable...... this allows us to cast the propeller with thinner blades (thinner blades = less resistance = greater performance) with out sacrificing durability.
-We are a member of the N.M.P.A. (National Marine Propeller Association) and we have sent several of our earlier prototype X7 Enertia propellers to various members to perform welding tests and various types of repairs and the response we received was that they are not that much different to work with than conventional stainless propellers.... so I would guess that any type of repairs that you might need would be relative to what you might pay currently for a conventional stainless propeller repair.
-These propellers have been tested and still are being tested on a variety of applications and conditions.... which is part of the reason the propellers will not be available until the 2nd quarter.
-The HP claims are based upon the fact that we gained 2 MPH top end speed during our testing......if you compare that increase in speed to HP is results in 17 HP gain....
-The testing results that you see in a lot of the Enertia promotional material are using a Mirage Propeller as a baseline propeller...
- We have found that the Enertia propellers tend to turn another 2-300 RPMs pitch for pitch which should prove to be beneficial on the newer higher horsepower fourstrokes....
- Additionally we are offering the propellers in 1" pitch increments to help dial in the appropriate WOT range of the a lot of the higher horsepower fourstroke outboards.
Thanks, KGF.

Mr. Naudio
08-12-2006, 02:25 PM
beer

Hotcobra270
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
interesting

TCHB
08-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I always wondered why they did not sell props pitched in 1 inch size ranges?

phebus
08-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I beleive at this point, they are only available in the Mirage. When they come out with a Bravo, I will try one.

Desert Rat
08-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I beleive at this point, they are only available in the Mirage. When they come out with a Bravo, I will try one.
Whats the difference between the two?

phebus
08-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Mirage is a three blade prop, Bravo is a four blade.

TCHB
08-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I wonder if you could really tell the difference by looking at the two?