08-12-2006, 02:38 PM
11.43 mm = .45"
11.25mm= .443 "

Danhercules
08-12-2006, 02:43 PM
11.43 mm = .45"
11.25mm= .443 "
Damn.
My Father passed away about 3 years ago, and my Mother did as well last year. Before she passed away, she gave all of us kids some guns. My dad was really into guns.
The wife I an I want to use them. We singed up for a handgun safty class in a few weeks. I need to get ammo.
On the barrel it says 11.43MM. Is that the ammo I ask for?

YeLLowBoaT
08-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Damn.
My Father passed away about 3 years ago, and my Mother did as well last year. Before she passed away, she gave all of us kids some guns. My dad was really into guns.
The wife I an I want to use them. We singed up for a handgun safty class in a few weeks. I need to get ammo.
On the barrel it says 11.43MM. Is that the ammo I ask for?
what exactly type of hand gun is this???
I mean there are some autos that have some funky calibers( tons of comp guns run some pretty strange stuff...) Then again if its a wheel gun it could be almost anything... lots of "custom" stuff has been made in autos and wheels...
Pics would be helpful.

77charger
08-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I believe a .45 bullet actually measures .443 I reload for all my guns and i do measure the bullets from time to time.Post a pic and someone might be able to describe or know what it is

YeLLowBoaT
08-12-2006, 03:49 PM
.45 acp bullet size is .451
.45 long colt is .452

YeLLowBoaT
08-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Cartage size varries drasticly, depending on when it was made, by who, and rather or not it was bastardsized

Liberator TJ1984
08-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Not caliber related :)
But if you two are going to take the class , use a semi-auto .
It covers all styles of carry . If you qualify with a wheel gun ? that is all you can legaly carry. At least that's the rule down over yawnder :cool:

YeLLowBoaT
08-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Just pulled out the big ass gun book
if its 11.43x23mm its .45 acp; however, It did say some stuff about some of the western euro/russian knock offs of having strange camber sizes not letting you use american ammo...

centerhill condor
08-12-2006, 05:53 PM
take it to a shop and ask an expert. Be careful when displaying the firearm... real nice and easy like. best of luck.

lakewake
08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Is a 11.25MM a 45?
Take it to Turners, They can inspect the fire arm and recommend the right ammo.
Chino Store
Turner's Outdoorsman
12615 Colony St.
Chino, Ca. 91710
909-590-7225

LUVNLIFE
08-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Not caliber related :)
But if you two are going to take the class , use a semi-auto .
It covers all styles of carry . If you qualify with a wheel gun ? that is all you can legaly carry. At least that's the rule down over yawnder :cool:
We don't worry about that here in Cali. We can't LEGALLY :rolleyes: carry :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 01:02 AM
.45 long colt is .452
Jacketed .45, colt(long) or acp is .451.
Cast .45 is .452, for either also.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Just pulled out the big ass gun book
if its 11.43x23mm its .45 acp; however, It did say some stuff about some of the western euro/russian knock offs of having strange camber sizes not letting you use american ammo...
Chambers can be reamed, barrels can be replaced. :)
.45acp is a SWEET round, accurate, not as bad recoil-wise as it gets credit/blame for, and, especially with a good hollowpoint, definitely gets the attention of any crack-head or tweaker it lands in, regardless of how high they are.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 01:10 AM
We don't worry about that here in Cali. We can't LEGALLY :rolleyes: carry :rollside:
Someday there will be concealed carry nationwide .... well 49 states anyhow. Ya'all in Cali are screwed. :yuk:

Cheap Thrills
08-13-2006, 02:59 AM
.45 long colt is .452
Speer list both .451& .452 for either .45auto, 45 Colt , and the .451 for 45 Win ,454 Casull.
If it's chambered for the Casull cartridge you better eat your Wheeties before you decide to squeeze off a round. :D
I believe the 11.25 was an old Turkish round. The Colt 1999A1 was chambered for it too which is a .45 ACP.
Have fun &
Be Safe
C.T. :wink:

Danhercules
08-13-2006, 08:21 AM
I believe the 11.25 was an old Turkish round. The Colt 1999A1 was chambered for it too which is a .45 ACP.
Have fun &
Be Safe
C.T. :wink:
This gun is made in Argentina, well thats whats on it. I am workin on some pics now.

Danhercules
08-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Heres some pics. Camraphone, sorry. I can get some better ones later in wanted.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763Gun.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763gun2.jpg

77charger
08-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Appears to be a 1911 style gun the 11.25 throws me off though!!!Most likely a .45 acp

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Heres some pics. Camraphone, sorry. I can get some better ones later in wanted.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763Gun.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763gun2.jpg
Aregntinian "knockoff" (licensed made) Colt 1911A1 (the longer grip-safety tang and the scalops in the frame behind the trigger define the "A1" version.)
It'll digest .45acp quite nicely.
They can be just a hair off standard in some dimentions so are hard to fit grips to and sometimes need a bit of good gunsmithing replacing sears & such (nothing is really "drop-in" anyway). Fine anti-personell tool there. :) :) :)
If you ever decide you want someone to just take it off ya hands ... pm me. :crossx: Remember I'm po from giving ex-wives all my gun-money tho. :yuk:

Danhercules
08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Aregntinian "knockoff" (licensed made) Colt 1911A1 (the longer grip-safety tang and the scalops in the frame behind the trigger define the "A1" version.)
It'll digest .45acp quite nicely.
So your sayin I can buy .45 rounds? Do I have to look for anyting special? Like dose it have to say .45acp on the box??

77charger
08-13-2006, 11:58 AM
.45acp is all you need nothing too special.Buy some ball ammo for target practice it also feeds thru the gun easier.When it comes to hollow points for home use buy a box of them then go to a range and see how they fire thru the gun some guns are very picky make sure they all fire good with no jams,hang ups or feed probs.
I had a springfield that was picky with certain ammo and flawless with others.My colt fires any ammo you give it whter it is dirty or clean.

stompnstang
08-13-2006, 02:36 PM
So your sayin I can buy .45 rounds? Do I have to look for anyting special? Like dose it have to say .45acp on the box??
its a chz its there knock off duty pistol of the .us 1911 you will have to find a russian or chz round.. now adays you can find it by the box or the case even crate at gun shows yet i am not sure how the gun show laws are out in cali since they screw up all the gun laws .. DO NOT shoot 45 acp thru it ill try to post pics of what happens if you do .

RitcheyRch
08-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I wouldnt mind taking a handgun or shotgun safety class. Maybe we can get a bunch of people from here and take one.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 06:39 PM
its a chz its there knock off duty pistol of the .us 1911 you will have to find a russian or chz round.. now adays you can find it by the box or the case even crate at gun shows yet i am not sure how the gun show laws are out in cali since they screw up all the gun laws .. DO NOT shoot 45 acp thru it ill try to post pics of what happens if you do .
I should probably refrain from mentioning the large number of those Argentine 1911's that are in the US digesting .45acp on a daily basis then.
Besides, http://www.brownells.com/Default.aspx Pretty much every single 1911 part you could EVER want or need.
Briley match grade barrel with spherical bushing (top of the line) $225
Wilson Combat drop-in barrel and orig style bushing, $185
All in .45acp.
It'll shoot best with ball (full metal jacket) ammo, as that is what the magazines were designed for. I shoot a LOT of semi-wadcutter through my Llama (from Spain) and it loves it, even thru magazines it isn't supposed to feed from.
The feed lips on the top are almost square-cut notched on a mag for ball ammo, they are cut in a smooth taper to feed swemi-wadcutter or ball.
Will likely feed any hollowpoint just fine. My Llama even eats the CCI 200 grain JHP like it's ball, never hiccups once, and that slug is so short, and the hollow is so huge it is a notorious bad-feedeer. If it feeds THAT, it'll feed anything. I handload tho. ;-) There are some areas to inspect very closely for wear tho on a 1911 (and the "clones"). There are notches/groves in the top of the barrel just ahead of the ejection port. These are the locking lugs and thay match a set of cuts in the top of the slide on the inside. No rounding should occur on them (either set) or the timing is off, and a new barrel is in order (slide too if damage is bad enough).
Make sure it will not drop the hammer with the safety off if the grip safety is not depressed ((on the back of the frame) this prevents a loose grip from shooting and dropping it), and make sure the hammer will not drop if the safety is ON.
One of my pet peeves, the "unsafeness" of a single action auto, especially the 1911. :mad: :mad: :mad: f'ing PC crowd. :mad: :mad:
If the safety and sear system are in proper tolerance, it is completely IMPOSSIBLE for the hammer to fall, with the safety ON, from the full-cocked position, without breaking pieces as the safety holds the sear locked against the hammer notches, and it will not slip, slide, bounce, be shook, hit, knocked loose untill the safety is disengaged, unless you break the sear, the safety, or both (hard to do).
I don't have pix, sorry.

YeLLowBoaT
08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Smokin have you see the double action only 1911 form para. They use the recoil to put tention on a spring that pulls the hammer back when you sqeeze the trigger. I was amazed at how light the pull is. I mean its extremly close to pull of a factory 1911. I know a few hardcore 1911 guys that have gone to it for thier carry gun.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
It's not Czech, it's Argentine production, made by govt of Argentina for their millitary, back in the past, and those are .45acp as far as I have ever heard.
9) Colt M1911A1 Argentine Modelo 1927: S/N 1 to 10,000 = July 28, 1927 to Feb. 16,
1928 ( Marked on slide with " COLT CAL. 45 MOD. 1927" and S/N's stamped on
top of slide in Colt's italic numbers.) SYST. COLT pistols made by Argintina under
licence from Colt marked on right of slide with "EJERCITO ARGENTINO / SIST.
COLT CAL 11.25 mm. Model 1927". Other M1911A1 pistols made in Argintina at
Fabrica Militar de Armas Portatiles, Rosario, Argintina S/N 10,001 to 112,000

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Unless I miss my guess, that would be the LDA from Para, and I have heard nothing but good things about it. Someday I'll get to see for myself. :)

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 07:01 PM
OK, indigging furhter ,,, I have it here ..... not a colt, or a lisenced copy, but a Argintine ingineered copy, barrel and bushing interchangable with a colt, nothing else. Info on it here:http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/ballester.htm
A few exerpts here.
The history of the Ballester-Molina dates back to 1929 when two enterprising Spaniards, Arturo Ballester and Eugenio Molina established a company for producing Hispano-Suiza automotive products in Buenos Aires. The name of this company was Hispano Argentina Fabrica de Automoviles Sociedad Anonima (HAFDASA), or Spanish-Argentine Automobile Factory,
The HAFDASA engineers began work on this contract in late 1936/early 1937. The decision was taken modify the original Browning design to facilitate and economize production along the same lines as two Spanish companies Bonifacio Echeverria, S.A. (Star) and Gabilondo y Cia, S.A (Llama). The main changes introduced by these companies were the elimination of the grip safety, a backstrap integral to the frame, and a pivoting trigger with a side mounted sear bar and disconnector. These changes, as applied to the Star Model B pistol were of particular influence to HAFDASA's designers.
Consequently, while the completed HAFDASA design bore a strong external similarity to the Colt M1911A1, only the barrel and magazine are interchangeable with the Colt pistol. Note: Barrels and magazines made by HAFDASA are identifiable by the marking "HA" inside a diamond. The following is a list of differnces between the HAFDASA pistol and the M1911A1:
a) The hammer strut on the HAFDASA pistol is much shorter than that of the M1911A1.
b) The firing pin stop on the HAFDASA pistol is not recessed on the side as it is on the M1911A1.
c) The safety lock on the HAFDASA pistol is redesigned with a larger diameter pin, and it can be applied with the hammer cocked or fully down.
d) The mainspring housing on the HAFDASA pistol is an integeral part of the frame.
e) The HAFDASA pistol has a pivoting trigger with a single extension along the right side that cams the side mounted disconnector and engages the sear.
f) The magazine catch on the HAFDASA pistol is assembled differently.
g) The HAFDASA pistol has no slide stop disassembly notch.
The next iteration of the HAFDASA pistol were modified to speed up and economize on production accordingly: The backstrap checkering was replaced by horizontal serrations, the wooden grips had long vertical serrations, and the fine slide retraction grooves were replaced by groups of vertical grooves separated by wide gaps. Additionally, the Modelo 1938 designation was dropped, and the pistol was now known as the "Pistola Ballester-Rigaud."
At some point between 1940 and 1942, HAFDASA changed the trademark name of the pistol from "Ballester-Rigaud" to "Ballester-Molina," with the change reflected in the markings on the slide of the pistol. At the same time HAFDASA began to use plastic, instead of wooden, grips on the pistol.
Starting in 1947, the HAFDASA pistols had been supplanted in Argentine use by the DGFM Sistema Colt M1927 pistol, a clone of the M1911A1. While the HAFDASA pistols began to be withdrawn from Argentine service in the 1960's, many served until the mid-1980's when they were finally replaced and sold as surplus on the US market. It is believed that HAFDASA produced between 80,000 and 90,000 .45 caliber pistols.
Serial Number Range Date Range (loosely)
1 - 12,000 1938 - 1942
12,000 - 23,000 1942 - 1944
23,000 - 108,000 1944 - 1953

SmokinLowriderSS
08-13-2006, 07:08 PM
From MidwayUSA, one of my sources of loading/reloading equipment and components, their guntech dictionary section.
Definition for "45 ACP":
Bullet Diameter .451; Overall Loaded Length 1.24; Can be made from 45 Winchester Magnum; Rimless Straight; Created by John M. Browning, 1905; Also called 45 Colt Auto, 11.25mm Auto

Danhercules
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
This is what I have, I think.
SYST. COLT pistols made by Argintina under
licence from Colt marked on right of slide with "EJERCITO ARGENTINO / SIST.
COLT CAL 11.25 mm. Model 1927". Other M1911A1 pistols made in Argintina at
Fabrica Militar de Armas Portatiles, Rosario, Argintina S/N 10,001 to 112,000

Danhercules
08-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I will type it all out. This is whats on the left side of the pistol. ( when holding it to fire)
"PISTOLA AUTOMATICA C.11.25MM FABRICADA POR "HAFDASA"
PATENTES INTERNACIONALES "BALLERSTER-MOLINA"
INDUSTRA ARGENTINA
On the other side...
EJERCITO ARGENTINO
The serial number is in the 24,XXX range.