PDA

View Full Version : What? Haaaaaaaaaaaa???

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 11:53 AM
My Mom's brother is at the lake and the geezers around here are all yelling at each other. They're talking over each other and my Mom's voice is horse as hell.
It's driving me batty.
A couple of weeks ago I tried to approach the subject of a hearing aid as gently as possible. I told my Mom she might enjoy life more if she could hear better. I had to repeat myself several times to which she replied, "There's nothing wrong with my hearing."
My Dad is the only one of the 70+ crowd that can hear worth a shit. Ironically he a man of extremely few words. :D

Jbb
08-13-2006, 12:03 PM
My Mom's brother is at the lake and the geezers around here are all yelling at each other. They're talking over each other and my Mom's voice is horse as hell.
It's driving me batty.
A couple of weeks ago I tried to approach the subject of a hearing aid as gently as possible. I told my Mom she might enjoy life more if she could hear better. I had to repeat myself several times to which she replied, "There's nothing wrong with my hearing."
My Dad is the only one of the 70+ crowd that can hear worth a shit. Ironically he a man of extremely few words. :D
The writing is on the wall Brown....You need to hang with a younger,healthier crowd.....dumbass..... :p
btw.....my former career destroyed some of my hearing as well...mock me for asking you to repeat yourself....and your ears will be ringing for months.....be forewarned... :mad:

Debbolas
08-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Are you sure they aren't just Portagese?
"Frank & Kelly" lived down the street from us, and Frank was Portagese....Kelly use to complain ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOW LOUD THE PORTAGESE WERE AND THEY ALL YELLED OVER EACH OTHER!!!
Scream and I didn't believe her, until Frank's brothers came down to help them move.
DAM, if they didn't yell over each other,and you couldn't understand anyone because EVERYONE was yelling!!! I got a headache from sitting next to them and had to leave the room. We never doubted Kelly again ;)

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 12:16 PM
We never doubted Kelly again ;)
... and one of these days Jbb will never doubt me again. :mad:

hoolign
08-13-2006, 12:29 PM
... and one of these days Jbb will never doubt me again. :mad:
I doubt it

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 12:34 PM
You people mock me like imitation chicken luncheon meat. :mad:

hoolign
08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
You people mock me like imitation chicken luncheon meat. :mad:
We've been loafing abit!

Rexone
08-13-2006, 12:44 PM
It's driving me batty.
Regina Gazette, by Jerome Biggevent:
Tom Brown spotted with parents has been driven batty due to lack of hearing.
His ears have adapted to the situation well it seems.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732bat.jpg
Man you weren't just a kiddin Tom. You appear really aggravated. I would suggest you take a moderate sedative and lay down for a bit. :jawdrop:

hoolign
08-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Regina Gazette, by Jerome Biggevent:
Tom Brown spotted with near parents house has been driven batty due to lack of hearing.
His ears have adapted to the situation well it seems.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732bat.jpg
Man you weren't just a kiddin Tom. You appear really aggravated. I would suggest you take a moderate sedative and lay down for a bit. :jawdrop:
Some nice fermented prunes may assist !

Bruddah's Gal
08-13-2006, 12:58 PM
we had the same problem with my grandma. the whole family chipped in and got a hearing aid for her as a christmas present :rollside: no more yelling and repeating!

ROZ
08-13-2006, 01:54 PM
It's driving me batty.
wow...maybe they should all log on to ***boat.com :)

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 02:34 PM
wow...maybe they should all log on to ***boat.com :)
I don't think ***boat is ready for such interesting converstaion.

hoolign
08-13-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't think ***boat is ready for such interesting converstaion.
WHat?? HAAAAAAAAAAAA?????

h2oski2fast
08-13-2006, 04:49 PM
It's driving me batty.
I can't believe JBB didn't say this.................. But, Hey Tommy maybe it's time for you to move out of your parents place........ Either that or stop complaining and join the fun. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Are you sure they aren't just Portagese?
I've tried to get the 'man-o-war' nickname to stick to my mom but she didn't care for it.
We just finished having a 'family' dinner. After dinner, my Dad pulled out a match book, opened it up, and began sliding it between his teeth to clear out some plaque problems that had been bothering them. When done, he set the match book down on the table for the group to enjoy during after dinner conversation.
Right now... as I type this... they're asking me what's so interesting on the computer that takes me away from the family conversation.

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Tommy maybe it's time for you to move out of your parents place........ Either that or stop complaining and join the fun. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
I hope you fall off your skis going really, really fast.
Thanks, Josh. :D

h2oski2fast
08-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Josh????????

Tom Brown
08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Josh????????
Yes, Josh. He's the guy who originally came up with that line so I thought I'd pass along the credit. :cool:

ROZ
08-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Did mom make a fresh batch of mufffins?