PDA

View Full Version : Attn: 76Anthony

Wizard29
08-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Geico is telling me they don't have a motorcycle adjuster in my area. They say I need to have a shop take a look at the bike and provide Geico with an estimate for repairs. I think that's BS no adjuster can come to me, but whatever.
Are you able to do something like this if I bring the bike to you? If so, where is your shop? Hopefully not too far away from Rancho Cucamonga...

h2oski2fast
08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Actually you are better off not having an adjuster come out. Adjusters work for the Ins company and usually have the mind set of doing what is best for the company and not the insured. You can take the bike to which ever reputable shop you like and get an estimate. Be forewarned that if the quote from the bike shop is outrageous, then they will send out an adjuster.

RitcheyRch
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
And have the adjuster go to the repair shop. Easier to let the repair facility deal with the adjuster.

Wizard29
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, probably better off with an independent shop, but with my wedding being one week from Friday, I had hoped an adjuster would come out and save me some time.

wsuwrhr
08-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Geico is telling me they don't have a motorcycle adjuster in my area. They say I need to have a shop take a look at the bike and provide Geico with an estimate for repairs. I think that's BS no adjuster can come to me, but whatever.
Are you able to do something like this if I bring the bike to you? If so, where is your shop? Hopefully not too far away from Rancho Cucamonga...
Don't you have insurance on your the bike?
Call your insurance company and let them deal with it. If the damage is over $500, you will have to notify them ANYWAY. That is what you have insurance for "transer of risk".
Hopefully you will have "no fault" on the police report, or you could call the officer in charge of your case. Make sure it will say that. Makes a difference when you renew. I have to keep a copy on hand whenever I had to renew because anytime rates can be increased they will be.
Brian

h2oski2fast
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM
You can have the insurance apprasier write a sheet for you for the damage, then take that sheet to a shop of your choice. The shop will then review the estimate from the insurance company and call in whats called a supplement for any thing that the insurance company did not write for. The insurance company and the body shop then add on to the original estimate anything that was not included. Just because the appraiser writes a sheet that is not the final estimate. A reputable body shop will fight for you to get the bike fixed back to preaccident conidition. All you will be responsible for is your deductible. Let the shop and insurance company work it out, it will save you lots of time and phone calls.
Obviously someone didn't read the first post.

blown dough
08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
You are right my bad, guess I'm not as perfect as everyone else.

76ANTHONY
08-14-2006, 06:32 PM
im sorry i just logged on. yes our shop can do the estimate, i hope so we are a honda dealership. :) and we are in the palm springs area, about a 45 minute drive, maybe an hour. yeah they seem not to send gieco appraisers out to houses, dont know why. give me a call tomorrow at work and i'll hook ya up.
scott service manager
desert cities honda
760-343-4455.

djunkie
08-14-2006, 09:30 PM
im sorry i just logged on. yes our shop can do the estimate, i hope so we are a honda dealership. :) and we are in the palm springs area, about a 45 minute drive, maybe an hour. yeah they seem not to send gieco appraisers out to houses, dont know why. give me a call tomorrow at work and i'll hook ya up.
scott service manager
desert cities honda
760-343-4455.
Service manager?????? LOL!!!!!!! More like payed post wh**e. :crossx: :crossx:

ChumpChange
08-15-2006, 07:00 AM
What is the exact damage on the bike? I can't remember what type of crash you had, what is a T-Bone with Fork Damage or a lay down? There is a shop in San Dimas that does Faring repair and did a really good job on mine. If that is all you need, let me know and I'll look them up.

Wizard29
08-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Scott, I sent the pictures to your e-mail. They are kind of large, so I don't know if Yahoo will kick them back. Let me know if you get them or not.
Chump Change, this is a lay-down with what looks like fork damage. The left one is leaking now, and the handlebars are tweaked slightly to one side. I don't know if that means the forks are bent or if the bars just shifted. From the looks of it, if the bars would shift, they would have to take the tops of the forks with them since they are all attached in the tree. San Dimas isn't too far away, so if you have their number handy I may use it.

76ANTHONY
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Scott, I sent the pictures to your e-mail. They are kind of large, so I don't know if Yahoo will kick them back. Let me know if you get them or not.
Chump Change, this is a lay-down with what looks like fork damage. The left one is leaking now, and the handlebars are tweaked slightly to one side. I don't know if that means the forks are bent or if the bars just shifted. From the looks of it, if the bars would shift, they would have to take the tops of the forks with them since they are all attached in the tree. San Dimas isn't too far away, so if you have their number handy I may use it.
GOT THEM JUST FINE. OK YOUR PARTS ALONE COME TO 1987.40. the labor is about 500.00....so 2500 is your grand total, if the bars arent bent and the forks arent bent..
scott