PDA

View Full Version : Safe Boating Class in Canyon Lake

bgchuby01
01-12-2006, 07:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you that live near the Canyon Lake area I am hosting a United States Power Squadron Safe Boating Class starting on Wed, Feb, 22 at 700pm. The class will run for two hours, for four weeks. Costs are limited to the materials only. This is a short course mainly for lake boaters. Once you take the exam at the end and pass you should be able to take your certificate to your insurance company for a discount. We all know that you can go out and if you have the money buy the fastest boat on the lake. BUT do you know how to operate it safely and withing the rules. The class will be held inside of Canyon Lake but if you live nearby I will sign you through the gate to attend. I, like most of you love to go fast but as a whole we need to do it safer. If this class can help one person not get hurt then it is worth it.
To sign up email me at Jeffymurray@aol.com or call me on my cell at 909-816-1101.
:rollside:

Sportin' Wood
01-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Back to the top. Hey mods any chance of a short term sticky on this?

soupersonic
01-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I am all for safety classes , everyone should take one, but as far as saving on my insurance they said no deal. :mad:

Old Texan
01-12-2006, 09:35 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you that live near the Canyon Lake area I am hosting a United States Power Squadron Safe Boating Class starting on Wed, Feb, 22 at 700pm. The class will run for two hours, for four weeks. Costs are limited to the materials only. This is a short course mainly for lake boaters. Once you take the exam at the end and pass you should be able to take your certificate to your insurance company for a discount. We all know that you can go out and if you have the money buy the fastest boat on the lake. BUT do you know how to operate it safely and withing the rules. The class will be held inside of Canyon Lake but if you live nearby I will sign you through the gate to attend. I, like most of you love to go fast but as a whole we need to do it safer. If this class can help one person not get hurt then it is worth it.
To sign up email me at Jeffymurray@aol.com or call me on my cell at 909-816-1101.
:rollside:
Hope the course includes boating etiquette starting at the boat ramp. :rollside:

bgchuby01
01-12-2006, 12:03 PM
As for proper manners at the boat ramp. I always tell the students that if they are sitting somewhere and feeling blue or whatever, go to the local launch ramp and just sit back and watch. It will bring a smile to your face every 30 seconds.

hambone
01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
How much are the materials? What is the schedule for the class?

bgchuby01
02-01-2006, 05:38 AM
The cost runs about 25.00 for materials only. If you bring your wife or kids they can share your books so that there is no added cost

Mr. Crusader 83
02-01-2006, 04:28 PM
where am i going. cheaper insurance im there.

bgchuby01
02-01-2006, 05:18 PM
The first class will be held in Canyon Lake. If you live outside of the gates I will call you in for the classes.

CJ
02-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey Chub! How long is the class? I was thinking about bringing my 7 year old. Too much for him???

bgchuby01
02-09-2006, 07:43 AM
The class is not hard and I welcome young children to come and learn along side their parents. I think that it is a great idea for kids to come and learn how to play safely on their parents boats

meaniam
02-13-2006, 08:15 AM