PDA

View Full Version : Hook up on bathroom fixtures?

Jrocket
08-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Anybody here get a decent price on tubs,vanities,mirrormtravertine and such?Mainly tubs?Homedepot and Lowes are either out of stock or have so so products.

lewiville
08-14-2006, 08:30 PM
check out our web site
www.keyaccess.com

superdave013
08-14-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't know about for the bathroom but when we did our kitchen RSSA in Anaheim smoked Lowes and the Depot's pricing with a better grade items. It was nice to use a small family store too. They were very helpfull.

Jrocket
08-14-2006, 08:39 PM
check out our web site
www.keyaccess.com
You do the advertising for all of those companys or do you have an actuall fixture company? Alot of info on that site for sure.

YeLLowBoaT
08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Your best bet is to shop the "high dallor" bath show room places( make sure to get model numbers.)For women the pics in the catalog just don't do... then go find a bizzy mom and pop and have them order the stuff for you. The Mom and pop shop I use( I also know the owner very well) is alway 10-50% for the "designer" fixtures then ether the box stores or the "showcases". Hell even on normal plumbing parts they are way cheaper. I always try to give the mom and pops my biz, They actaully know thier products and on most things thier prices are cheaper...

lewiville
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
You do the advertising for all of those companys or do you have an actuall fixture company? Alot of info on that site for sure.
I do the advertising for our magazine co. I know of some nice fixture company's in there.

Chestah Cheetah
08-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Anybody here get a decent price on tubs,vanities,mirrormtravertine and such?Mainly tubs?Homedepot and Lowes are either out of stock or have so so products.
Not to hijack your thread JRock, but I'm looking for the same stuff - specifically bathroom vanities. It seems that the crap at Home Depot or OSH for $300 is just that...crap. You will find some higher end furniture outlets with nicer stuff (Restoration Hardware) but they charge upwards of $2000 - $3000. I am actually heading down to L.A. this weekend to re-do two of the bathrooms in the house there - I am going to be hard pressed to find something ready to drop in to the footprint where the tile ends for what I want to pay.
*I have found one manufacturer with nice stuff for a decent price: Acme Furniture - If they end up having what I need in stock.
Anyone have any suggestions for a good selection of bathroom vanities?

Jrocket
08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Hijack away brotha.I got some info from Xtrm22(Chuck)that this company sells quality stuff.Might not be available quick enough for you but its nice from what Ive been seeing so far.
http://www.merillat.com/

RiverToysJas
08-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Anyone ever check out Builder Surplus in Santa Ana? I've seen their TV ads, but never been there. I plan to check it out sometime....
RTJas :D

YeLLowBoaT
08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Anyone ever check out Builder Surplus in Santa Ana? I've seen their TV ads, but never been there. I plan to check it out sometime....
FYI... Alot of the "builder Surplus/ contractors warehouse" places mainly carry 2nds/ damage/cheap crap. I am not saying its not wroth a look, just double check everything.

Jrocket
08-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Is that the place off the 57 and 91 area?

Chestah Cheetah
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Great stuff on that link JRock - Hideaway hamper, great place for stinky socks. I think you're right though, no way those are available this weekend. My time down south is pretty limited so I kind of need to find a ready solution that's close enough in size and maybe just tile in the blank spots if any. Not the absolute best way to do things but then again I can't spend weeks on this project either. I plan on coming in the first night to demo and patch holes, paint the next day, install cabinets/towel racks/toilet/etc. on Sunday and drive back up.
Couldn't find a website for Builders Surplus Jason - I'll try to call and see if they the stuff. Thanks.

RiverToysJas
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Is that the place off the 57 and 91 area?
No, it's between Warner and Dyer on Main in Santa Ana.
Builders Surplus Inc
http://www.builderssurplus.net/index_files/image004.jpg
www.builderssurplus.net
2500 S Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92707
(714) 546-1032

Chestah Cheetah
08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
www.builderssurplus.net
Well F$%&IN Ey!

RiverToysJas
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Well F$%&IN Ey!
Yeah, that was like a .02 second Google search. :cool:

Jrocket
08-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah, that was like a .02 second Google search. :cool:
I'm such a nerd. :)
BTW,who fell asleep and mailed you a Moderator key?

RiverToysJas
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm such a nerd. :)
BTW,who fell asleep and mailed you a Moderator key?
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Moderators Rule! :crossx:

Jrocket
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Moderators Rule! :crossx:
Ahh the old wording switch,thats so HH and over with. :p

RiverToysJas
08-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Ahh the old wording switch,thats so HH and over with. :p
The student has become the master! :boxed:

Chestah Cheetah
08-15-2006, 08:24 AM
How about a Builders Surplus type of store in the L.A. area?

Huntingtonbeach
08-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Send me the part numbers for anything you find online: Moen, American Standard, Jacuzzi, etc.
I get it all at wholesale from our supply houses, maybe I can save ya a buck or 2 and most of the higher end stuff is minimum 2-3weeks order time and if its a custom color think 6-8.
Rob

Chestah Cheetah
08-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Rob, do you deal in vanities also or just the fixtures?

Huntingtonbeach
08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
If your looking for something pre-made then your screw'd... even when we get the interior designers involved they tell there clients to go shop at restoration hardware or pottery barn. If it custom stuff then I have a few good cabinet shops that can compete with the off the shelf but its not any cheaper. I build higher end houses in the OC/LA area so I'm happy to hook up whomever I can or atleast point them in the right direction. I hate all the shady contractors out there that give me and the other honest guys a bad name!!!

Chestah Cheetah
08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it would have to be premade as I don't have time to wait. I was all set for a banzai run to pick up supplies for two bathrooms and knock them both out by Sunday until a buddy (lets call him the voice of reason) suggested I only do one...just in case. :)

Huntingtonbeach
08-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Wise friend!!! My wife is ready to kill me because the tub I ordered 3 months ago still isn't in yet... I can't understand why she is pissed, the house has only been under construction since March LOL

Chestah Cheetah
08-15-2006, 01:34 PM
The good angel on my right shoulder says "make sure and leave them at least one working bathroom" but the hurry up and get 'er done angel on my left shoulder says "what's wrong with brushing your teeth at the kitchen sink?" :cool: