PDA

View Full Version : My shop tour in California

spectras only
08-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Just returned from my annual family union in california. Did a 4K+ mi trip including Archview , Canyonland and Grand Canyon natl parks . Spent only a short time in Havazoo :cry: . Checked in at Ultra Boats to see how they're doing .Thanks John for the usual warm velcome :cool: .Their boat [ 28'] still one of my favorite. A short jaunt to DCB to see how Patyacht's boat coming along .
Charlie , your boat is awesome ! No wonder they call you 'cheer leader' for Dave , I would be too if I had your boat :) . I would have loved to do more places like Hallett and others . Finished my visits with Gene at Howard [ also one of my favorite product since I've been familiar with them since the 70's]
who was very friendly and took his time show me his facility and operation.
The 28 deckboat is stunning and the rigging looked first rate. My favorite is definitely the 28 Bullet , unless they're coming out with a larger model later ;) . Gene, thanks again to drop your lunch to show me and my son around . :cool: we had a great time overall .

Kilrtoy
08-15-2006, 12:39 AM
John always has a warm welcome to all, regardless if you are buying his boat or not
Sounds like a seriously fun , but long road trip

MrsSigEpMock
08-15-2006, 08:08 AM
John always has a warm welcome to all, regardless if you are buying his boat or not
Sounds like a seriously fun , but long road trip
Do I smell an Ultra Warm-up??? :idea: Hmmm......

spectras only
08-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Kilrtoy , I was looking for your boat in the channel , but couldn't see it . Saw at least half a dozen DCB , but must have missed yours :rolleyes: . The trip was great , except one close call at Parker where a semi decided to pull out from behind another semi to pass , making me pull to the shoulder giving my family a whiplash :2purples: . Guess one close call isn't too bad ,considering the distance we traveled :)

voodoomedman
08-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Do I smell an Ultra Warm-up??? :idea: Hmmm......
I don't think I've ever seen him say anything bad about Ultra.

Rexone
08-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Attila sorry I couldn't arrange a good time in the evening for you to stop by, please let me know if you're around again.

spectras only
08-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Mike , I'll be in your hood next year , since the wife is all emo about family lately ,so a trip is most likely :)