PDA

View Full Version : Can I get an "AMEN" Brother

Not So Fast
08-16-2006, 07:05 AM
I know, second gripe in a week or so but after watching a crowd of people with PWC's (also everywhere else too) that were on the main channel by the sandbar yesterday I cant say how much I hate the f---ing things and how absolutely stupid the riders were (most are, sorry its true). These guys (3 or 4) were doing their "show " carving up the water and squirting each other with sharp turns and seeing how close they could get to each other. I wonder why they run into one another, DUH!!! Anyway, why do it THERE, right beside the path of boats going up & down the river. The boat drivers DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO, hell I dont think the PWC drivers know either. It just does not make sense to do that there does it??
Be courteous and do it some other place where it's safer for everybody, like Elsinore or Perris would be great. :D
Now all you guys that will come on here and say the boaters are stupid also, you have a point as some are, but you cannot deny that boats do not run around in circles, driving eratically like PWC's do. It's a dangerous game you play and REGULATION is coming and not a minute too soon for me :mad: Flame on!!!!!!!!!! NSF

HM
08-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Be courteous and do it some other place where it's safer for everybody, like Elsinore or Perris would be great. :D
HA HA! It is illegal to do spinouts on seadoos at Elsinore - and they do a decent job of enforcing it. Try again vent boy!!! :D

blown dough
08-16-2006, 07:24 AM
HA HA! It is illegal to do spinouts on seadoos at Elsinore - and they do a decent job of enforcing it. Try again vent boy!!! :D
The word illegal, like that makes them not do it yeah right. Tinted front windows in California is ILLEGAL, but probably 99% of us have them. Driving thru a cross walk before the people are 100% out of it and back on the side walk is ILLEGAL, but you know as soon as they are out of the way of your car you roll out. So why do you feel since its ILLEAGL its not still done?

Not So Fast
08-16-2006, 07:25 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

framer1
08-16-2006, 07:26 AM
I know, second gripe in a week or so but after watching a crowd of people with PWC's (also everywhere else too) that were on the main channel by the sandbar yesterday I cant say how much I hate the f---ing things and how absolutely stupid the riders were (most are, sorry its true). These guys (3 or 4) were doing their "show " carving up the water and squirting each other with sharp turns and seeing how close they could get to each other. I wonder why they run into one another, DUH!!! Anyway, why do it THERE, right beside the path of boats going up & down the river. The boat drivers DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO, hell I dont think the PWC drivers know either. It just does not make sense to do that there does it??
Now all you guys that will come on here and say the boaters are stupid also, you have a point as some are, but you cannot deny that boats do not run around in circles, driving eratically like PWC's do. It's a dangerous game you play and REGULATION is coming and not a minute too soon for me :mad: Flame on!!!!!!!!!! NSF
PWC almost took Shadow and I out going to Mobia(sp) on Saturday....Shadow threw his half full water bottle at one on them :) Another one did a u-turn right in front of me...I had to litterally stop on one of the thinest parts of the river. I just can't figure out what they are thinking. I won't pass one unless they see me, I just know if I do they will turn right in to me :mad:

MR HARLEY
08-16-2006, 07:27 AM
The word illegal, like that makes them not do it yeah right. Tinted front windows in California is ILLEGAL, but probably 99% of us have them. Driving thru a cross walk before the people are 100% out of it and back on the side walk is ILLEGAL, but you know as soon as they are out of the way of your car you roll out. So why do you feel since its ILLEAGL its not still done?
Fiesty this morning, I like it. :D
Have you had your :coffeycup this morning princess. :p

voodoomedman
08-16-2006, 07:32 AM
I hate idiots period. I have a waverunner but stay at body beach when I'm screwing around but I still keep my eyes open of what's around me. Last time we were out we were there for a week so we finally bought a tube and on Friday some idiot on a Sea Doo starts cutting my wake 15 feet from the back of the tube with my wife and niece on it. I have to keep the boat going but I start flipping the guy off and cussing at him and telling him to get the hell away from them(had to tell the niece she never saw that). I was hoping he would come by over in our cove so I could give him a piece of my mind. I hate regulation on the water but I'm for mandatory education. These idiots don't understand that while the boat may keep going if the girls bounced out then they wouldn't but his stupid a$$ Sea Doo would. If he would hurt them he better hope that he gets put in jail for a long time because when I would get through with him he would be wishing he was back in a cell with Bubba.

blown dough
08-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Fiesty this morning, I like it. :D
Have you had your :coffeycup this morning princess. :p
Good morning sugar, and no, no coffee yet sittin at home waiting for the housekeeper to get here and shes late, then headed to the office for my coffee which I need badly.

Run_em_Hard
08-16-2006, 07:36 AM
My father in-law was in a wakeless area and had a jetski come up to him and turned sharp at the front of his boat(openbow). He chased him down and was yelling at him, the ranger came and didn't do shit. Just told the kid and his gf to not do it anymore. While the kid sat there and laught. Bullshit.

HM
08-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Perhaps you haven't drank your coffee today and it impaired your ability to read the WHOLE post, because you missed the part about them doing a pretty good job of enforcing it.
Perhaps I will have my 5 year old read it to you and explain what it means? You always start out the day being this grumpy? :D

framer1
08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
How come they don't think the 5 mph zones have anything to do with them :confused:

Jyruiz
08-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I wonder how bad it has to get before mandatory classes are required. :220v:

Tequila-John
08-16-2006, 07:54 AM
I wonder how bad it has to get before mandatory classes are required. :220v:
I hope classes are required soon brother

Not So Fast
08-16-2006, 08:01 AM
PWC almost took Shadow and I out going to Mobia(sp) on Saturday....Shadow threw his half full water bottle at one on them :) Another one did a u-turn right in front of me...I had to litterally stop on one of the thinest parts of the river. I just can't figure out what they are thinking. I won't pass one unless they see me, I just know if I do they will turn right in to me :mad:
So what do we do about this situation as boaters. I know that not every PWC rider is an idiot but it sure seems like a quick way to become stupid and go against basic safety issues. These things have become so fast and ANYBODY can buy or RENT one without any "on the water safety training or basic education". And if you notice the rentals places are growing in numbers, Windsor now has there own little rental place, and another floating vendor or 2 in Thompsons Bay (dont like them much either).
In all seriousness and not being a hater or smart-ass, because like it or not we have to share the water, this problem is growing and fast.
I absolutely support some type of a YEARLY operating permit (safety class?)for operating any type of watercraft. if you dont possess one then you CAN'T RENT, A pain in the arse for all of us,YES, but the time has come because of the numbers of watercraft out there, not like the "ole days for sure" It is unsafe on the water anymore. JMO NSF

RitcheyRch
08-16-2006, 08:06 AM
I saw the LE giving tickets out for that a few weeks back when I was at Elsinore. Heard the fine is pretty high.
Last weekend when we were in Goose Flats near McIntyre Park in Blythe we had some a-hole Seadoo come in there going so fast that he almost took out a few boats. He almost hit the buoy that says "NO WAKE".

Jyruiz
08-16-2006, 08:07 AM
So what do we do about this situation as boaters. I know that not every PWC rider is an idiot but it sure seems like a quick way to become stupid and go against basic safety issues. These things have become so fast and ANYBODY can buy or RENT one without any "on the water safety training or basic education". And if you notice the rentals places are growing in numbers, Windsor now has there own little rental place, and another floating vendor or 2 in Thompsons Bay (dont like them much either).
In all seriousness and not being a hater or smart-ass, because like it or not we have to share the water, this problem is growing and fast.
I absolutely support some type of a YEARLY operating permit (safety class?)for operating any type of watercraft. if you dont possess one then you CAN'T RENT, A pain in the arse for all of us,YES, but the time has come because of the numbers of watercraft out there, not like the "ole days for sure" It is unsafe on the water anymore. JMO NSF
Sucks cause that can put some of the rental places out of business, but I agree, something has to be done. What really sucks is that I got friends with PWC's, but they don't act like idiots when they are on them, and those are the people that are really going to suffer because of stupid stuff the non educated PWC operator/renter.

HM
08-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Paintball guns never had a better use.....

Not So Fast
08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Paintball guns never had a better use.....
Holy One; you and I think alike on that and think of how easy it would be to know the really bad drivers at the end of the day. There could be a rating system
1-4 hits = not careful-beware
5-9 hits = pretty bad-dangerous
10-15 hits = total disregard for safety (does spinouts at any time,anyplace!)
15 and above = move up to 38 spl rounds next time (J/K dont get all uptight) :idea: NSF