PDA

View Full Version : 91 frwy at Lakeview

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Strange for the second day in a row now, I have noticed 4 or 5 people hanging out on the overpass bridge at the 91 frwy at the lakeview exit in the Anaheim area. They are on the east side of the bridge facing the west bound traffic and they have what looks like a tablet PC's in their hands like they are keeping track of something..anyone else notice this or know what's up?? Just curious..

Tequila-John
08-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Strange for the second day in a row now, I have noticed 4 or 5 people hanging out on the overpass bridge at the 91 frwy at the lakeview exit in the Anaheim area. They are on the east side of the bridge facing the west bound traffic and they have what looks like a tablet PC's in their hands like they are keeping track of something..anyone else notice this or know what's up?? Just curious..
Possible Survey?

Wet Dream
08-16-2006, 08:00 AM
In the Chicago area, the information signs were displaying:
"REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES ON AREA OVERPASSES TO THE POLICE"
I'm not kidding. This was 2 days before the airline bust last week.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Possible Survey?
Looks like it.....I was in the wrong lane or else I would have asked one of them..

reDECKulous
08-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Did they have towels on their heads?

h2oski2fast
08-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Go figure, it's CalTrans........ One guy surveying with 4 guys supervising.

harddriver
08-16-2006, 08:27 AM
2nd Day in a row for these guys. Plus a suburban facing on coming traffic just off to the side at the W/B Toll Plaza. Pretty sure they're trying to figure out how to screw people out of even more money with their outrageous tolls. :crossx:

moneypit
08-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Do they have AK-47's strapped to their sides? :rollside:

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-16-2006, 09:06 AM
lol..no towels or weapons that I can see...

Biglue
08-16-2006, 09:07 AM
When you saw this, was there cones and trucks marking the areas they were working in? If it was Caltrans usually they mark off their work areas. You can't be too careful these days with these radicals.
Here is a similar story. About a year ago I was at a Target about a mile from my house. I noticed there was middle eastern man snapping pictures away at the entry of the store while another one leaned up against a pilar at the entrance. I thought it was pretty funny. On my way out, about ten minutes later I noticed the same man walking back from the parking lot and was maybe 20 yards from the entrance of the store now and began taking more pics of the front of the store. Again with the same guy following closely behind him. I thought these two were way out of place and the pictures of a Target are not quite a tourist thing. I figured I'd better be a good citizen and do something about it. I walked up to him and I asked him "what's with all the pictures?" He spoke almost no English and was real sketchy. I notified the security on the parking lot and I called the Carson Sherrif's station to make sure some real authority knowing about it. Hopefully it was a false alarm but I felt I couldn't take that chance. Especially that close to my home.

Robert1050
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I've exited at Lakeview before and while waiting for the light to change on the North side of the bridge, got a good look at what they are doing - they are counting traffic in the regular lanes. Don't know who they're working for, but I've seen them up there off and on for about the last year or so.....
Robert

Deano
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I think they were seeing how things went when they opened up the flood gates..traffic was unusually light today. The regular 1 hour drive was 30 minutes. :rolleyes:

sintax
08-16-2006, 09:17 AM
I've seem them do this on occasion for the past few years. I'm usually on the 91 west bound at the time. It just happens that when they are up there doing god knows what, people get all distracted and forget how to drive. They slow down to a crawl so they can get a GOOD look as they go under the over pass.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Not cal trans..no cones or any markings....

westcoastcat
08-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Hey,I saw those guys this morning too!
I'm usually in auto-pilot at that time in the morning, but I thought it was kinda strange too.

Racer277
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
The fng's at civil (road) engineering outfits have to count traffic. It is the first step in a traffic study. If you want to change anything with the roads, in any way, you must have a study.
The eastbound exit is a goofy offramp/intersection. I assume in 10 years they may change it, so better start a study now.
Don't know what they could change on the westbound side.?.

BrendellaJet
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I exit lakeview daily. They are counting cars. Happens once a year or so for a couple days.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
08-17-2006, 09:19 AM
What a job.....counting cars all day...lol....thanks for the info....

Racer277
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM
What a job.....counting cars all day...lol....thanks for the info....
The kid I work with said it's not as exciting as it sounds. :rolleyes:
He said about like holding one of those 'new home' signs. :boxed:

beerjet
08-17-2006, 10:00 AM
We get peole like that also sitting on street corners in my neck of the woods ,usually in pairs . They need to figure out a way to get people out of california.
-beerjet-