PDA

View Full Version : EBB Tide Marine. Any experience??

ParkerRat
01-12-2006, 12:15 PM
I need some background on EBB Tide marine in Garden Grove. Anybody know Bruce? He seems like a real nice guy but I am getting a bit frusterated. i am not saying anything negative about him, just looking for others experiences.
Heres my situation:
Siezed one drive on my boat last summer. Took it to K & H marine who put in what I thought were 2 factory rebuilt drives. Turns out they were used drives that he got from Bruce at EBB Tide marine. k&H said they went thru them and they were in perfect shape. Well after about 20 hours the Starboard top ends blows up. Took it back to EBB tide and they said I must have hit something. Pretty sure I didnt hit anything and there was no mark on the props or anything. At this point, no way to say what happened so I bit the bullet and spent $2,500 to rebuild the top end. Towed the boat back to the river and launched. Starboard motor is now overheating. Checked the Impellar and replaced the water pump. Still overheating. Took the boat into EBB tide and they want $1,000 to replace the impellar (since they had to check it anyway), tear out my flush kit and replace the hoses, and test the system.
Just curious if anybody else has had any work done by EBB tide and if they had a good experience. At this point I am kicking my own ass for not just buying new drives!! Any help would be appreciated.