PDA

View Full Version : Outsourcing what?

Seadog
08-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Article in the news about how companies are turning to India for health care. It seems that they can get operations that would normally cost $100,000 in the states, done for $20,000. The hospitals meets the same international standards as ours do, and the patient gets luxury care for $87/night. Plus, getting to spend a couple of days or more touristing. They had one guy going there that was not only not going to be out major bucks for his co-pay, but as I read it, he would be getting $10,000 as a bonus. It seems that U.S. health care is so bloated and ham-stringed by bureaucrats and lawyers that it is over twice the cost of any other western nation. I think it is about time we did some sweeping changes to our health care.

Tequila-John
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
NICE! they had that topic on 60 minutes serveral months back pretty cool

doesitfloat?
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah, just don't be surprised if you wake up missing a kidney!!
Urban legend aside, I have trouble thinking of anything that is running smoothly or efficiently in our GREAT country right now. It seems that everything is out of whack...just don't know what the final punchline is going to be....
medical costs, gas, insurance, immigrant issues, terrorism, billions for war(s), global warming (maybe?), outsourcing of everything, NAFTA failing, national debt exploding, China emerging,the rest of the world (except England and Israel) thinking that we are bloated, spoiled and selfish...feel free to add. Oh, and of course, used boats not selling!