PDA

View Full Version : beaverretriever has a HOT

SHOTKALLIN
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
23' lightning. Is this the same hull as the Eliminator 236, Genesis 23xs, Cobra 23' razor, Ultra 23, etc... The deck portion of the mold on all these boats look identical. Have they been splashed? Are all the bottoms the same? Cobra told me thier 23 has the same bottom as the 26&27 razor. Who is the original designer ot this boat? Eliminator? Ultra?
This is a Hot Boat and it has timeless lines.

beaverretriever
08-16-2006, 01:47 PM
23' lightning. Is this the same hull as the Eliminator 236, Genesis 23xs, Cobra 23' razor, Ultra 23, etc... The deck portion of the mold on all these boats look identical. Have they been splashed? Are all the bottoms the same? Cobra told me thier 23 has the same bottom as the 26&27 razor. Who is the original designer ot this boat? Eliminator? Ultra?
This is a Hot Boat and it has timeless lines.
Whatever I say will probably be wrong. Im not sure where the original mold came from. Its a pretty old design but damn it works well.
All I know is, Im really happy with it. I would call Brad at Lightning. Tell him I sent you. He is a great guy and will answer all your questions.
John.

havaduner
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I think it is an Ultra hull. Cobra made some changes to the boat after they split from Ultra, but the essence of the boat is the same. It has timeless lines, and beaverretreiver put some great gel colors together on his.

jbtrailerjim
08-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Eliminator originally had it. They sold it to DCB. DCB sold it Ultra. Ultra sold it and the Lightning line to what used to be known as Ultra of San Fernando Valley. They are now known as Lightning. I believe Lightning shares the molds with Genesis since Jason of Lightning and Jerry of Genesis are brothers.
Not sure how many changes or if any have been made to the molds. I heard DCB made some changes to it after they bought it. But I don't know if it is true or not.
I'm sure ULTRA28 (John West) could give a much better history lesson on the hull than I can.

Kilrtoy
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I would call Brad at Lightning. Tell him I sent you. He is a great guy and will answer all your questions.
John.
REALLYYYYYY :rolleyes:

Hustler
08-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Eliminator originally had it. They sold it to DCB. DCB sold it Ultra. Ultra sold it and the Lightning line to what used to be known as Ultra of San Fernando Valley. They are now known as Lightning. I believe Lightning shares the molds with Genesis since Jason of Lightning and Jerry of Genesis are brothers.
Not sure how many changes or if any have been made to the molds. I heard DCB made some changes to it after they bought it. But I don't know if it is true or not.
I'm sure ULTRA28 (John West) could give a much better history lesson on the hull than I can.
Sounds pretty close but Jason of Lightning is the son of Jerry from Genesis who at one time owned Ultra :D

wedge44
08-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally i believe it went like this.....eliminator had original 23 mold....then went to DCB who did 23 extreme....then sold too ultra....from there when Jeff left Ultra molds stayed with him from when he was a ultra dealer of Montclair....molds stayed W/O approval from JW...can U say lawsuit & Settled etc..then when Cobra opened thay had 23 (somehow I think JerVanBeck is involved as Jeff used to work for the former ultra owner) and then Genesis has a splash of the same molds...now Lightning has 23 molds and isn't Jason younger brother to JVB.....sounds like incest to me........have fun with the stories......Wedge 2003 ULTRA 23XS last of the john West 23's :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
08-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally i believe it went like this.....eliminator had original 23 mold....then went to DCB who did 23 extreme....then sold too ultra....from there when Jeff left Ultra molds stayed with him from when he was a ultra dealer of Montclair....molds stayed W/O approval from JW...can U say lawsuit & Settled etc..then when Cobra opened thay had 23 (somehow I think JerVanBeck is involved as Jeff used to work for the former ultra owner) and then Genesis has a splash of the same molds...now Lightning has 23 molds and isn't Jason younger brother to JVB.....sounds like incest to me........have fun with the stories......Wedge 2003 ULTRA 23XS last of the john West 23's :D :D :D
Jesus christ, who is on first :boxed:

jbtrailerjim
08-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Sounds pretty close but Jason of Lightning is the son of Jerry from Genesis who at one time owned Ultra :D
LOL...Brother, son, cousins, whatever.... I'll keep my comments to myself about those two guys. ;) :D

beaverretriever
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
I knew the story was long but I couldnt remeber the whole thing. It seems like a good hull. It works well.

ECeptor
08-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the ***boat version of Genesis 5 (the who begat who part). Anyone of those builders 500yrs old?

jbtrailerjim
08-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I knew the story was long but I couldnt remeber the whole thing. It seems like a good hull. It works well.
Yep, it's a nice performing hull. I love my Ultra version of it. I almost bought the 23XS when Ultra still owned the molds. I bought the 247XS instead because of the built in swim step. Your boat came out real nice BTW. Congrats and enjoy it. :cool:

ULTRA28
08-16-2006, 02:28 PM
First I would like to say that Beaverretriever has one of the best looking 23XS' I've ever seen. Not to mention his awesome wife.
Now here is the story on the 23.
Designed and built originally by Brent and Bryant Leach known as Extreme. I heard it was based off of an Advantage, but that I'm not sure of. It went on to become the Eliminator 22 Extreme for a short period before being sold to Dave. It was then known as the 22 Extreme by DCB. I bought the molds in 99. There were two sets of molds. I later sold one set to Joel at Genesis. The other set became Lightning when I started Lightning Powerboats. I sold Lightning along with the molds to Jason Van Beek a few years ago. Jason is Jerry Van Beeks younger brother. Cobra (Jeff Bohn) took an Ultra hull and stretched it 15" and made his own set of molds off of it.

JB in so cal
08-16-2006, 02:29 PM
First I would like to say that Beaverretriever has one of the best looking 23XS' I've ever seen. Not to mention his awesome wife.
Designed and built originally by Brent and Bryant Leach known as Extreme. I heard it was based off of an Advantage, but that I'm not sure of. It went on to become the Eliminator 22 Extreme for a short period before being sold to Dave. It was then known as the 22 Extreme by DCB. I bought the molds in 99. There were two sets of molds. I later sold one set to Joel at Genesis. The other set became Lightning when I started Lightning Powerboats. I sold Lightning along with the molds to Jason Van Beek a few years ago. Jason is Jerry Van Beeks younger brother. Cobra (Jeff Bohn) took an Ultra hull and stretched it 15" and made his own set of molds off of it.
sounds like an Ozark family tree :rolleyes: all inbred n shit.

wedge44
08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
HUSTLER.....I don't know about Son.....When Jerry had BIG HOUSE overlooking Puddingstone...I was there at Jerry's house when he introduced me to his brother Jason (not son)...that was in '93/'94 when Jeff Bohn(cobra) was part's man....Ron Sanchez (Essex) was sales/design....Carter Reed (Canyon Huls/Warlock Boats) was in rigging.....I have long history with ULTRA back before Jerry was involved and Hank Van Olfen owned company....Jerry was son in law at the time.....Wedge

beaverretriever
08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Brad was very cool to me. Most of the sales guys were very nice that I talked too. MOST of them gave me plenty of time and answered my questions. I think there was only one company that the sales guy acted like his shit didnt stink.
I dont need a lot of hand holding, and if Im taken care of when needed Im usually pretty stoked.

wedge44
08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
John you told me U built me the best 23 ever....... :D :D :D ......wedge

beaverretriever
08-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks John. That means alot. Hope all is well.

thumbs
08-16-2006, 02:43 PM
John you told me U built me the best 23 ever....... :D :D :D ......wedge
He does.............

SHOTKALLIN
08-16-2006, 03:19 PM
your kilin me kilr

RiverDave
08-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Yep, it's a nice performing hull. I love my Ultra version of it. I almost bought the 23XS when Ultra still owned the molds. I bought the 247XS instead because of the built in swim step. Your boat came out real nice BTW. Congrats and enjoy it. :cool:
The 23XS and the 247 have different bottoms don't they?
I love the 247 BTW.. Great performing / riding boat! Little narrow, but what a bullet.
RD

SHOTKALLIN
08-16-2006, 03:20 PM
which one is the CROOK?

jbtrailerjim
08-16-2006, 03:40 PM
I love the 247 BTW.. Great performing / riding boat! Little narrow, but what a bullet.
RD
The 247 is a twin stepped hull.
The 247 is a great performing boat for sure. I've been in some pretty boat chopped and wind blown out water in Havi and it rides real nice for a boat of its size.

XTRM22
08-16-2006, 03:43 PM
RD
According to the owner of Extreme trailers the 22' and 24' (DCB versions) sat on the same trailer (he owned a 24 for a while). Both could be had with a step bottom, but they might have put 2 steps in the 24'.
Chuck

XTRM22
08-16-2006, 03:46 PM
He does.............
Hmm I'm pretty sure DCB built the best version of this mold :crossx:
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/Chuckboat/CHUCK4aa.jpg
Chuck

socalmofo
08-16-2006, 03:58 PM
I have Lightning's 24' version. Which is the old 247 from Ultra and the Old 24 Extreme from DCB and so on. Been a great boat. I feel Jason is a good guy. He spent a long time with me and my girlfriend when we were researching boats.
I spoke with Beaver Retriever when he was ordering the boat and it seems like everything I told him is true. Been a good experience so far. I bought my boat from Lightning's stock of boats. Had it in a week.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-103-1155222643_thumb.jpg

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I have Lightning's 24' version. Which is the old 247 from Ultra and the Old 24 Extreme from DCB and so on. Been a great boat. I feel Jason is a good guy. He spent a long time with me and my girlfriend when we were researching boats.
I spoke with Beaver Retriever when he was ordering the boat and it seems like everything I told him is true. Been a good experience so far. I bought my boat from Lightning's stock of boats. Had it in a week.
damn that boat could be a relative...introduce yourself out there :D
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-6-40220-Dic.Jpg

beaverretriever
08-16-2006, 04:42 PM
damn that boat could be a relative...introduce yourself out there :D
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-6-40220-Dic.Jpg
LOL, I thought your two boats looked similar. I love them both. Super cool.

Jyruiz
08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Nice looking boat.

Kilrtoy
08-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Brad was very cool to me. Most of the sales guys were very nice that I talked too. MOST of them gave me plenty of time and answered my questions. I think there was only one company that the sales guy acted like his shit didnt stink.
I dont need a lot of hand holding, and if Im taken care of when needed Im usually pretty stoked.
Im glad your happy and you were taken care, that is what is important

Kilrtoy
08-16-2006, 05:19 PM
your kilin me kilr
Come on I only call it as I know it to be :boxed:

Kilrtoy
08-16-2006, 05:20 PM
DICUDMORE is a JACKER
LETS GET'EM

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 06:14 PM
DICUDMORE is a JACKER
LETS GET'EM
I'll bet ya a Dr Pepper mine was laid up first...

THOR
08-16-2006, 06:40 PM
RD
:cool:

SHOTKALLIN
08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Hmm I'm pretty sure DCB built the best version of this mold :crossx:
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/Chuckboat/CHUCK4aa.jpg
Chuck
That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that yours has a Kool Aid dispenser in the glove box does it? :rolleyes:

dicudmore
08-16-2006, 07:50 PM
That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that yours has a Kool Aid dispenser in the glove box does it? :rolleyes:
say it ain't so :220v: :skull:

XTRM22
08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Well yeah, but it's a billet dispenser and it says DCB on it! I have a sticker that says "DCB World's Best" it must be true, or they wouldn't have put it on a sticker....right? :) :crossx: :)
CHuck

Tequila-John
08-17-2006, 01:09 PM
I am so f'in confused right now? Who owned the mold 2nd?

jbtrailerjim
08-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Technically Eliminator owned the molds second. Bob Leach's boy's designed and built them under the Extreme name for a short time in the early or mid 1990's.

XTRM22
08-17-2006, 01:18 PM
The way I understand it, the brothers Leach developed the mold and brought it into Eliminator. It was built at Eliminator and called the Extreme Cyclone ( there's a few around including one goofy looking one with a radar arch) It isn't the same mold as the 236 Eagle which Eliminator already was building so Bob Leach sold the Molds to Dave @ Dave's Custom Boats. These were Dave's first molds
The 22' and 24' Extreme were the first boats where DCB laid up their own glass. About the time Dave introduced the 26 Mach, he sold the Extreme molds to John West, and from there John Explained it better then I knew. :)
Chuck