PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center movie.....

HavasuSelect
08-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Anyone see it yet? Any thoughts? Do you guys think it's too soon to be making movies about?

Throttle
08-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Anyone see it yet? Any thoughts? Do you guys think it's too soon to be making movies about?
I have mixed emotions about it... I am unsure of the timing, seems like producers are gonna capitalize on it as the date comes around again too.

HavasuSelect
08-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I have mixed emotions about it... I am unsure of the timing, seems like producers are gonna capitalize on it as the date comes around again too.
Ya same here. On one hand I hate to see people try to capitalize off of something so horrible, but on the other hand it's a good reminder for us as to what happened and not to take anything for granted.
I saw the movie yesterday. They used a lot of actual news reports and footage. The special effects were good. The story even better. The characters are based on actual events.

Comanche3Six
08-18-2006, 12:31 PM
It was very good.

Devil's Advocate
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
The movie was definitly more focused on survivors stories (specifically 2 policemen that were pulled from the wreckage) rather than the destruction of that day. I think the concept of portraying it that way was good but I think the movie lacked some depth in how they portrayed it. I respect Cage as an actor but I think the movie could have been a lot stronger and better developed characters. If you're looking for a detailed replay of everything that happened that day, you won't get that in the movie. Still emotional :cry: .

joekidd
08-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I thought the movie was very respectful and well made. I enjoyed that is focussed on the human interest stories of the people who put their lives in harms way and not on the terrorism. Good movie, I highly recommend it.

ratso
08-18-2006, 01:28 PM
The movie was definitly more focused on survivors stories (specifically 2 policemen that were pulled from the wreckage) rather than the destruction of that day. I think the concept of portraying it that way was good but I think the movie lacked some depth in how they portrayed it. I respect Cage as an actor but I think the movie could have been a lot stronger and better developed characters. If you're looking for a detailed replay of everything that happened that day, you won't get that in the movie. Still emotional :cry: .
lol... I bet you cried during Titanic too. :cry: :cry: :D

Devil's Advocate
08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
lol... I bet you cried during Titanic too. :cry: :cry: :D
Why yes I did, but I'm a big cry baby anyway... :cry: :cry:

RitcheyRch
08-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Thinking will wait for video.

Not So Fast
08-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Ya same here. On one hand I hate to see people try to capitalize off of something so horrible, but on the other hand it's a good reminder for us as to what happened and not to take anything for granted.
I saw the movie yesterday. They used a lot of actual news reports and footage. The special effects were good. The story even better. The characters are based on actual events.
I felt the same about exploitation of that horrible day but I watched an interveiw with Cage and he said that the movie was made to not be entertaining so much as to tell the stories of the bravery of the people that lived it. Sort of documentary style. I do want to see it since i saw that interveiw, heard it was very good?? NSF