PDA

View Full Version : Charter Cable..........

topless
08-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I have them for cable, phone and internet. They suck!!!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
08-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Are they soon becoming Time Warner?

mickeyfinn
08-20-2006, 05:24 AM
What speed internet do you have? Upload speed is important if you have voip phone. I have chater 5 meg internet and charter cable. I use vonage for phone and it works pretty good. If I ever have a problem and need tech support they do absolutely suck. Not sure if charter phone is voip or not.

JetBoatRich
08-20-2006, 05:37 AM
I know Charter well :argue:
They have not been sold to Time Warner :rolleyes: yet
With Verizon upgrading their plant, Charter needs to do something to compete :rolleyes:

Parker Dreamin
08-20-2006, 06:55 AM
I have Time Warner for cable modem, have Direct TV for TV service, have verizon for phone.....
just the other day Verizon was in the backyard installing new fibor optic lines up and down the street......
Does anybody know what new services this is going to offer me ?

ratso
08-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Cable??? Phone??? and Internet???
Damn girl... How many times you gotta try something before going "Hey, this ain't workin' out?" :rollside: :)

JetBoatRich
08-20-2006, 07:32 AM
I have Time Warner for cable modem, have Direct TV for TV service, have verizon for phone.....
just the other day Verizon was in the backyard installing new fibor optic lines up and down the street......
Does anybody know what new services this is going to offer me ?
Fiber to the Home, called FiOS :rolleyes:
They wil be offering Video, High Speed, of course phone :rolleyes: They call it Triple Play.
I have crews out there, off of PCH and Calle Mayor

Parker Dreamin
08-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Fiber to the Home, called FiOS :rolleyes:
They wil be offering Video, High Speed, of course phone :rolleyes: They call it Triple Play.
I have crews out there, off of PCH and Calle Mayor
that is where i live, on Newton... between Calley Mayor and Anza....
what type of video ? for your TV ? will the high speed be better then DSL ?... give me some more details...... when will it be ready? price, etc...thanks bud.

lalhc
08-20-2006, 09:08 AM
What speed internet do you have? Upload speed is important if you have voip phone. I have chater 5 meg internet and charter cable. I use vonage for phone and it works pretty good. If I ever have a problem and need tech support they do absolutely suck. Not sure if charter phone is voip or not.
I have a similar s/u: Charter 5 MB for internet, Vonage for home office, Verizon for home phone, and Dish Network for TV. Charter's telephone service is NOT VOIP.

socaldj1
08-20-2006, 09:42 AM
I have Charter for Internet and TV. I found the trick to getting the best price. Call them and tell them your going to change providers unless you get a better price. They will transfer you to the "Retention Department" and give you all the promotions they are offering new subscribers. I have every cable channel including HD channels and 5meg internet for $111/ month.

Hardly Satisfied
08-20-2006, 09:46 AM
we have it also the only good thing is that it comes all on one bill and same price every month .we use our phone all the time

Tequila-John
08-20-2006, 11:07 AM
I have COX

mickeyfinn
08-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I have Charter for Internet and TV. I found the trick to getting the best price. Call them and tell them your going to change providers unless you get a better price. They will transfer you to the "Retention Department" and give you all the promotions they are offering new subscribers. I have every cable channel including HD channels and 5meg internet for $111/ month.
I was having problems a while back, told them if it didn't get fixed this week I was gonna bail. Was told to hold while they transferred me to "customer retention". The guy was clueless, I asked if he was in retention and he told me "no I am in Washington".

Hallett19
08-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I have COX
How many? I only have 1 ;)
Charter blows, I have them for Internet and Cable. It took them 2 months and 8 service calls and dozens of phone calls from me to come out and run a new cable from the box to my Condo, the cable had deteriorated. It took them 2 hours to run it and now it works fine. I complained telling them I want credit back for the last 2 months due to my internet and HD not working consistently, we will see on my next bill if their customer service is as bad as their field techs...

JetBoatRich
08-20-2006, 06:41 PM
that is where i live, on Newton... between Calley Mayor and Anza....
what type of video ? for your TV ? will the high speed be better then DSL ?... give me some more details...... when will it be ready? price, etc...thanks bud.
That was my crews, I will be back out there Thursday to look at their work :rolleyes: hopefully they did OK by your house :rolleyes:
Big difference between FiOS and DSL, you won't be sorry :cool: I have heard great stories about the product. The video consist of Digital and HD lineups.
Your area should be ready by the end of September :cool: I don't have prices, but I know a few people on the boards have the product
If you sign up, my installation crews will do the outside work :boxed: Verizon employees do the inside work

onesloryd
08-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Just wait until you get your bill after their special promotion.

Parker Dreamin
08-21-2006, 06:43 AM
That was my crews, I will be back out there Thursday to look at their work :rolleyes: hopefully they did OK by your house :rolleyes:
Big difference between FiOS and DSL, you won't be sorry :cool: I have heard great stories about the product. The video consist of Digital and HD lineups.
Your area should be ready by the end of September :cool: I don't have prices, but I know a few people on the boards have the product
If you sign up, my installation crews will do the outside work :boxed: Verizon employees do the inside work
good work so far.... i came home one day and the wires were laying across my back yard, then the next day they were out and up. I am excited to hear about the stuff, when your guys come out make sure they hook me up..ahahahaha.

spectratoad
08-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I have COX
Ok let the razzing begin :)