PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

Diablo54
08-21-2006, 10:09 AM
The left side of my truck has water spots from the wind blowing the water from the sprinklers. :mad: I know to get the water spots off the Window I use toothpaste but what about the spots on the paint. Does anyone know what to use on the rims and the paint ??? :cry:

DMOORE
08-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Use white vinegar. It will take it right off and won't harm the paint. Then just wash as normal. Works great on boats also.
Darrell.

Jordy
08-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Hot Sauce (www.boatbling.net) ;)
Vinegar will take the wax off. Hot Sauce has a wax in it. :D

Trailer Park Casanova
08-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Yep, white vinegar, then I use Meguires minute wax and turtle wax liquid in a 50/50 mix in a spray bottle.
Easy as can be.

RiverDave
08-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Well 1st off, are the waterspots in the paint to the point where they won't "wash" off? I.E. Was it hardwater that was left on their for awhile?
Contact Magic 34 on the boards, he'll set you up with one of his Dri Wash detail kits. It comes with the dri wash (which in my experience is the best for washing actual cars hands down) but also comes with "oxigone" which is a real light... I don't even want to use the word abrasive because it's not.. It will remove almost anything without damaging paint or scratching chrome / billet. There's also a metal polish in the kit for the wheels etc.. After you get everything cleaned up, a good wash with the Dri Wash will actually protect the car in the future from water spots forming, and your car will stay longer cleaner. It's all I use nowdays for washing both mine and my g/f's trucks. I'm blown away at how well it works.
RD

Bradman
08-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Used Hot Sauce for the first time 2 weeks ago and I'm a believer. Took off all the water spots and left the boat looking great!!! Used to use Nautical Reflections, not any more.