PDA

View Full Version : Damaged 99 centurion elite v-drive...help

wakeboardlove
08-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Ok, so my buddy parked my boat on the rocks 2 weekends ago. Ouch! :mad: The damage is mostly fiberglass on the bottom, one side, prop. Any thoughts on what I should do with it. Motor, structure, interior, pro-flight tower, trailer are all still good. www.brandisland.com/boat.doc (http://www.brandisland.com/boat.doc)

squirt'nmyload
08-21-2006, 07:19 PM
holy shiat!!!!! i just did this with a friends boat....i was the only sober one on the boat so i was forced to drive. i'm used to my jet and wasn't thinking and went into some shallow water when all of a sudden...WHAM..right on some rocks into about 2-3 ft of water. at least we were in a no wake zone so i wasn't goin to fast. we did the glass work ourselves but it was 1300 bucks to replace the prop, shaft and to have a skeg welded back on. good luck with yours...sweet boat

DUCKY
08-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Not trying to spam you, but I can fix that.
Did the boat sink?
Won't be cheap, but much cheaper than a new hull....
Give me call if you'd like to talk about it.
-Scott

wakeboardlove
08-22-2006, 06:17 AM
No sinking involved. Did you see the pics? The guy i took it to said 15K to fix it, then offered to buy it from me. hmmmm Makes me wonder if he's legit.

lakewake
08-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Damn that's a nasty scrape. Did the prop shaft flex up into the hull? It doesn't look like it bent that far north but those two latteral chop marks look like the rotation from the prop. Are you on the hook for the repair? Sorry for the heartburn man,I feel for ya.

Schiada Time
08-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Ouch Brandi! its going to be cashy to fix for sure. I'm glad to see you have a boat though. looks like that trip to Mohave all those years had an inluence on you.
Trav

wakeboardlove
08-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Trav - Don't you remember, your dad made me drive, you took me out for a relaxing afternoon, and I didn't want to remove myself from the jet ski? You might say it had a mild impact. I also ever so fondly remember no stepping on the seats!! Lizard licker!

Schiada Time
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
He still talks like that B. Its all coming back to me now about our afternoon boat ride and your wild jet ski behavior. good times. Driving back from the lake in my old black Chevy and stopping in bartsow to look at all the trinkets in the gift shop. Oh girls. Glad to see you boating. Stay off the rocks. They damage things.

wakeboardlove
08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
"oh Girls" who was with us?

Schiada Time
08-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Just you. Talk to ya later. Work is getting in the way of my boat project!

wakeboardlove
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
yeah what time did you leave to go work on that boat yesterday?

Schiada Time
08-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Left work at 3:45 and worked until 12:45 AM. Tired today. Should be in water in about 2-3 weeks. good luck on the boat search. Winter is a good time to buy as people don't want to store them all winter and since boats are seasonal gloomy weather is a negotiating tool.
trav

wakeboardlove
08-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't forget about those people who pay a bunch of money and decide they only go out 3 times a season! That how I got my last boat for a good price.
Mom actually has (2) 3 car garages so I've got no problem with winter storage. Free indoor storage rocks!
Yeah I bumming rides throught the rest of this season.

DUCKY
08-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Sorry I didn't check back on the thread. I could see that kind of an estimate, but it might be a little high. Maybe more like 10 is realistic, but I haven't seen it in person. I won't be offering to buy it from you though...It's not my kind of boat :)

Riomouse911
08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I have seen lots of direct and V-drive wake boats come through the shop these past 2-3 years, and most are 7-10K to fix.. incl. glass, running gear etc...hit up your Insurance Co., and they should cover most of it..
15k, waaaaay too high!

wakeboardlove
08-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone. I managed to sell it. Between insurance and the sale price I made more at least what it was worth.
For those interested I sold it for 6K. To the same guy who said he couldn't give me more than $2,500, and couldn't fix it for less than 14K. hmmmm
All is well, except for the fact I'm bumming rides until I find a new boat.