PDA

View Full Version : scope question ,hunters/riflemen????

atxwrangler
08-22-2006, 12:50 AM
i just got a model 700 bdl for fathers day,i bought a scope for it off of ebay today,a 3.5 x 10 x 50 burris.can anyone tell me what rings and bases i need??thanx in advance!

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Best way to figure that out is to take the gun and the scope to the local gun shop and have them match it up.

ONAROLL
08-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Marty,
take it to a gunsmith, you can get most 1 inch rings at any sporting good store but you want the scope to fall into "natural alignment" when you shoulder the rifle, so the installed height of the scope as well as eye relief will be based on the rings you select, a good smith will have a selection so you wont have to "buy and try" a shitload of rings, bring it up here with ya and I introduce you to the best smith in the country in my opinion........this week I pick a 4 1/2 year custom rifle project.........Vic
p.s. since your coming this way bring your seats.........lol... :p

atxwrangler
08-22-2006, 03:33 AM
darn, i guess i finally found something that i shouldn't buy on ebay!l.o.l.i got the scope for 225.00 on ebay though,400.00 everywhere else.it is new in the box with the lighted rectical.vic, i think it's almost time you come to the coast.my buddy has a nice salt h2o rig,he could take us fishing if we plan it when he and i are off!