PDA

View Full Version : looking into getting a tatoo

robsformula
08-22-2006, 07:14 AM
I am looking in to getting my first tatoo, something aroung 3 to 4 inches on the back side of my right shoulder. I was thinking of putting the 2 sponsons of a cat kind of at a right angle with the tips ending with the nips of a women. I love boating and the good things it has to offer. So that is what I kind of had in mind. Any suggestions in this?

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2006, 07:16 AM
If your looking for some 1 else imput on a tattoo, you should not get one.

KACHINA KEN
08-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Haha, skip the tat and go buy some boatgas.

riverracerx
08-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Your insurance will go up if you put a cat on your back. And ask about the layup. You may not be able to take your shirt off for 3-4 months either.

Jbb
08-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Dont forget the zip ties...lots of zip ties..?

topless
08-22-2006, 08:01 AM
I think I'll get a black widow spider on my ass with the caption "BITE ME"

78 challenger
08-22-2006, 08:07 AM
I have seen some other post on tattoos in here and most of the people around here are tattoo haters. Your back is great place to get you first tat, that way if you decide it is not for you , you don't have to see it everyday in the mirror. Be careful cause they are very addicting. My first was on my Back and now I have full sleeves. Think hard about it and see it drawn out first. Do not just let some artist go crazy with his ideas, see it on paper first, it needs to represent you, not the artist.

blown dough
08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
All I know is it hurt like hell!!!!!!!!!

Debbolas
08-22-2006, 01:35 PM
My sis is a tattoo artist.............she is very good and local to Huntington Beach:D She also works in Hawaii and Princess Pirate Tattoo, or some such place. She won't do a tattoo unless she thinks it will look good, as that reflects on her skill.:D Go with what YOU like. :clover:

mondorally
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
My sis is a tattoo artist.............she is very good and local to Huntington Beach:D Where does she work out of?
-Justin

TRUMP TIGHT
08-22-2006, 03:04 PM
I took a lot of heat by posting pics of my new tattoo, but i wasnt looking for anyone to tell me if that is what i should have gotten. I was just showing the work i had done and about 300 post later people finally felt their opinions were heard. If you want one get one if you have second thoughts wait or go get drunk!;)

Debbolas
08-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Where does she work out of?
-Justin
Pirates by the Sea in Hawaii.........and she use to work at Peckerwoods, now she freelances. Currently she is in Hawaii, but PM me and I can give her your number.
She is also on myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54081050

Debbolas
08-22-2006, 03:09 PM
That's some good advice, Moose. :cool:
I KNEW I shouldn't have posted THAT :rolleyes:
I use to weigh a LOT more than I do now.......... :rolleyes:

LAFD
08-22-2006, 03:13 PM
if you have to ask other people than dont get it. personally i cant really picture your tattoo lookin very good. but again my opinion. if you really want it and have a pictures in your head as to how you want it dont let anyone tell you different. and dont let the artist try a change your mind. let them suggest but if you dont like there idea tell them no.

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 03:15 PM
I use to weigh a LOT more than I do now.......... :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, Deb. You are certainly looking great now. :)
I have removed the post.

Debbolas
08-22-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, Deb. You are certainly looking great now. :)
I have removed the post.
OMG!
:rolleyes:
I was joking
I am five foot nine and have BIG bones, of course they were bigger back then, and I collected moose's so they called me moose......I'm not mad.........although I was thinking about posting Tom Browns four favorite flavors of .._________________<---------------fill in the blank ;)
:D
You can tease me about my weight, hair, looks, wrinkles etc...just leave my kids, husband, pets and boat alone :argue:

mondorally
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Pirates by the Sea in Hawaii.........and she use to work at Peckerwoods, now she freelances. Currently she is in Hawaii, but PM me and I can give her your number.
She is also on myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54081050
Will do. I would like to see her portfolio next time she's in town. I have something in mind but want to make sure the right person does it.
-Justin

Debbolas
08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
I think she has some of her tats on her space.

christhomas2
08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
If there is grammar in your tat, have someone else do your spelling! It's spelled Tattoo

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 05:12 PM
You can tease me about my weight, hair, looks, wrinkles etc...just leave my kids, husband, pets and boat alone :argue:
How come I can't tease you about zipper leg?

Jbb
08-22-2006, 05:30 PM
OMG!
I was joking
I am five foot nine and have BIG bones, of course they were bigger back then, and I collected moose's so they called me moose......I'm not mad.........although I was thinking about posting Tom Browns four favorite flavors of .._________________<---------------fill in the blank ;)
Collect Mooses you say....here is one for you....this one is always hanging around my friends hunting cabin in Idaho...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860Idaho05_019.jpg

Mrs.Killer
08-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Don't do it, much too common now a days

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
....this one is always hanging around my friends hunting cabin in Idaho...
Is that the friend with the bad cataracts?

ratso
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
If there is grammar in your tat, have someone else do your spelling! It's spelled Tattoo
...yeah yeah yeah, and i before e and all that bs. I was a spelling bee champ and "Tattoo" is a commonly misspelled word Sparky... :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
08-22-2006, 05:35 PM
.... "Tattoo" is a commonly misspelled word Sparky... :rolleyes:
Difficult, perhaps, but easier to spell than Herve Villechaize.

Jbb
08-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Is that the friend with the bad cataracts?
No cataracts ... :p He's there to kill elk....not moose......moose tags are by lottery only ...and very expensive.....so Im told

ratso
08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Difficult, perhaps, but easier to spell than Herve Villechaize.
...and supercalifragilisticexpialidoches

cc322
08-22-2006, 06:24 PM
El Toro Inkhouse. If your serious i will set you up with a friend of mine.

Legal Chemistry
08-23-2006, 09:53 AM
I happen to be looking for recommendations for a tat artist. I'm in SoCal (SD, but will go to ??? if his/her work is good.) Anyone out there got someone they would highly recommend in SoCal? My previous were done by someone who past away (age) and the other is now... in jail. Memorial tat. thanks.

Nord
08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
I am looking in to getting my first tatoo,
Whatever you do, please have someone else do the spelling if you have writing put on yourself. lol
~NORD~

Debbolas
08-23-2006, 12:03 PM
How come I can't tease you about zipper leg?
That's zipper BACK to you:D
I was actually thinking of getting ivy or a daisy chain tattoed (sp) down my back to cover my back scar from all my back surgeries.....Scream nixed THAT idea, my sis wanted to do a zipper :Dlol:D

FreshTracks
08-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Dude--Get a tribal or barb wire around your bicep. SIIIIIIICK!!!

rrrr
08-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Dude--Get a tribal or barb wire around your bicep. SIIIIIIICK!!!
LMFAO!!! :D
BTW, yesterday I was in a store and saw a woman around sixtyish in a sleeveless shirt....
She had a big jailhouse tat on her arm, "BYRON '63".
Uh, it seemed like a good idea at the time........ :crossx:
Another 30 years and there's gonna be a whole generation of elderly grandmothers with sagging tramp stamps......... :rolleyes:

blown dough
08-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Hart and Huntington did mine and they are awesome.