PDA

View Full Version : Funny? PHUUUCCCHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO!

JB in so cal
08-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Live Rattlesnakes Released In 'Snakes On A Plane' Theater
POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT August 22, 2006
UPDATED: 1:46 pm EDT August 22, 2006
Two live diamondback rattlesnakes were released in an Arizona movie theater during a showing of the new film "Snakes on a Plane," according to Local 6 News.
Authorities said pranksters released the young venomous rattlesnakes in a dark theater at the AMC Desert Ridge near Tatum and Loop 101 in Phoenix.
The two snakes caused a panic in the dark theater, according to the report.
"That to me is very scary," herpetological association representative Tom Whiting said. "I would hate to be watching a movie about snakes and have a rattlesnake bite me."
Wranglers were called to collect the snakes, the report said.
No one was injured in the incident and, so far, the culprits have not been caught.
Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theater in backpacks.
"This thing is under someone's chair and they go to sit and they just push your foot in the air and startle it -- obviously all they got to do is startle this thing," Phoenix Herpetological Society spokesman Daniel Marchand said. "It's dark. They can't see you, you know that well. If it's scared, boom it strikes."
The snakes were released into the desert.
Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Chromegorilla
08-22-2006, 10:40 AM
I know it nots funny but why am I laughing.......ok composure.....
That was focked up for sure...
HEHEHEHEHE.....

carreraelite
08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
There isn't a local T.V. channel 6 here in Phoenix....

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2006, 10:50 AM
wtf released rattle snakes. WTF were they thinking. Now if it had been some none vinomus snake it would have been funny as hell.

uvindex
08-22-2006, 10:54 AM
There isn't a local T.V. channel 6 here in Phoenix....These guys didn't get the memo :)
Local 6 Website (http://www.local6.com/spotlight/9717727/detail.html)

RitcheyRch
08-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Just one more reason not to waste my money on this movie.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Yea, a few bull snakes would be funny. They're only dangerous if you happen to be a bird or mouse. They do look a lot like rattlers tho. I see quite a few here in Ks from time to time. A couple genuine Diamondbacks!?!?!?!? Fuk no!