PDA

View Full Version : Any Realtor's with Victorville MLS access??

CJ
01-13-2006, 02:49 AM
I'm looking for a few listings out there. Please help!

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Hey CJ, you are making us appraisers look like an unprofessional bunch by asking for help to do your work on ***boat.com all the time.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97242
My suggestion is that if you don't have MLS in an area you probably shouldn't be working there. Pony up the $$ and get the MLS, its a cost of being in business.
I always tell the people who bitch about the fees being too high that you get what you pay for and this just proves my point.
Sorry for being so harsh but this kind of stuff just gets to me.
OK, now you can tell me I'm an ass hole :)

SHOTKALLIN
01-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Thats like poaching :argue:

totenhosen
01-13-2006, 08:59 AM
That is funny Outnumbered but very true! I think Ivan Dan has access to the area.

al cole'holic
01-13-2006, 09:24 AM
..what do you need Chris??? :)

svlperry
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM
i got a friend of mine that is a realitor out here if u need any help

CJ
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll take a little ribbing due one last message. I was a dumbass for not getting the one shot. I could have driven all the way back to Palmdale but I knew I had friends nearby who could help. Most people around here know me well enough that I would do the same for them, and have.
FYI, I had already passed on the order but my client pleaded me to handle it personally due to the trust they have in me. You do get what you pay for, thank you. :)

CJ
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I pay well for data access however I am only around 90 percent confident with the tax data I have paid for access to. I hate being half ass so I thank al cole'holic and the my many other friends for the offers.
No need to prove myself here. I have done it time and time again over the years and will continue to do so.
I consider myself lucky to have such a network of friends here. However I would expect no less than a few harsh messages on this board lately. I'm glad to see Feifer cleaning up around here. I remember the day when RiverDave was king.

Kachina26
01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
access to public side of the MLS here (http://vvmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Victorvalley&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=lTmYUwbQu3E%3D) unless you have to have the realty side.

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey, I'm all about helping out other HB peeps when I can but its a little different situation here. We're talking about mooching/begging for help that you are too cheap or lazy to pay for/do yourself. Like I said, if you are not willing to pay for the data in a given area than don't do a "half-ass" job and go up out of your element without MLS access. Stick to your home area or step up and pay for the data. You make appraisers look like jack-asses.
Signed, Asshole :rollside:

CJ
01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey, I'm all about helping out other HB peeps when I can but its a little different situation here. We're talking about mooching/begging for help that you are too cheap or lazy to pay for/do yourself. Like I said, if you are not willing to pay for the data in a given area than don't do a "half-ass" job and go up out of your element without MLS access. Stick to your home area or step up and pay for the data. You make appraisers look like jack-asses.
Signed, Asshole :rollside:
Dude, you keep comin'. Who's making us look bad? Apparently you don't know me. You must have something against some appraiser, or x-client who went with a better appraiser :cry: Appraiser and LO . . . focus much?
By signing 'asshole :rollside:' are you trying to soften the blow or something? This board is really going downhill.

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Dude, you keep comin'. Who's making us look bad? Apparently you don't know me. You must have something against some appraiser, or x-client who went with a better appraiser :cry: Appraiser and LO . . . focus much?
By signing 'asshole :rollside:' are you trying to soften the blow or something? This board is really going downhill.
No, I just don't like mooches and free-loaders. MLS is a cost of doing business, step up and pay for it or stay in OC where I assume (hope) you do pay for and have MLS.
And no, I just know that a lot of people will think I'm an asshole for calling it like it is and I thought I would save them some typing.

al cole'holic
01-13-2006, 05:26 PM
boo hoo :cry:

C-2
01-13-2006, 06:26 PM
No, I just don't like mooches and free-loaders. MLS is a cost of doing business, step up and pay for it or stay in OC where I assume (hope) you do pay for and have MLS.
And no, I just know that a lot of people will think I'm an asshole for calling it like it is and I thought I would save them some typing.
You must not know CJ - otherwise you would be stuffing your foot in your mouth. He's serious when he sez he would do the same for anybody else.
Tapping your friends/contacts is not only a basic business practice, but a smart move.
God forbid you ever ask for a hookup. :yuk:

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 06:27 PM
boo hoo :cry:
I don't get it. Whos whining? I'm not the one mooching? I pay for my access.

al cole'holic
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't get it. Whos whining? I'm not the one mooching? I pay for my access.
...dude's been on here a long time, I have had the pleasure of talking with him here and there over the years...if he needs something that I got in front of me and can give it to him with no skin off my back, who gives a $hit :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
01-14-2006, 07:44 AM
You guys are right--he is better than me because he has been on Hot Boat longer :rolleyes: What was I thinking :confused:
Yes, mooching MLS access is good business practice. Maybe I should quote ***boat.com as a data source in my next appraisal. I'm sure the OREA and Appraisal Institute would approve. :rolleyes:
And don't worry, you won't catch me on here asking for help doing my job. I do quite OK on my own.

RiverToysJas
01-14-2006, 08:06 AM
You guys are right--he is better than me because he has been on Hot Boat longer :rolleyes: What was I thinking :confused:
I agree with you there!.....Chris has friends here that are willing to help him out, because he (or his wife) have help them out. Nothing wrong with that!
RTJas :D

C-2
01-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Outnumbered - you having a bad day or someting? You just don't get it, but maybe you should. It's called networking, not the cost of doing business.
You tell me what makes since;
If I need some data out of Nebraska to complete an assignment - do I pay an exorbitant fee to get the info?
-or-
Do I ask somebody in Nebraska for the info, with the understanding I'll return the favor when they need something from Cali?
CJ was asking for a supplemental data source, not for somebody to do his job. The manner and source for finding a hookup is irrelevant, and it's sux to know CJ will most likely not tap his friends on HB due to your unnecessary and mean spirited comments. :yuk:

bigq
01-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Let me settle this...outnumbered you're an ASSHOLE...their done. :rolleyes:
Now on the defense of outnumbered I have asked a few questions of him in the past and he has always been kind enough to answer them with no quibble. That was when he was in CA though so maybe the heat is getting to him. :D
CJ seems like a nice guy and so does C-2 and the others and I expect answers when I ask questions on this board damnit! :rollside:

CJ
01-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I appreciate all the kind words guys. I am happy to have earned them, and will keep doing it every day. I'm sure Outnumbered would help out a friend if he could. He doesn't know me. Probably a good guy.
Although, as a professional appraiser, I have an understanding of where Outnumbered is coming from. There are a lot of bad appraisers out there, called 'skippy' by their peers. I am proud to not be one of those. But they do eat into the industry. And with poor lender practices and the the advent of electronic means of appraisal (AVM's), his (and my) career is threatened.
Dude, I am the last of your worries.