PDA

View Full Version : Kick Ass Boat Shop - So Cal - LA Area

Three Days Only
08-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Theres good news for all of us boat owners that were kinda lost in where we were taking our boats when not in Havasu. Somethings have changed around town in the LA area and some of the service and people we were used to dealing with have left other companies, but theres really, really good news.
Mario Latka which alot of us have known for some years now from another local location has opened his own place in Simi Valley. So Cal Speed & Marine is offically open and conducting business. Mario has been involved in many of our boats for years. DCB's, Skaters, Eliminators, Howards, Cigs, World Championship race boats, the list goes on and on, basically everything out there.
Nothing is to big or too small unlike other shops. Mario, hands down kicks ass. He has come through for me on so many differnt and making it so I never missed a weekend due to anything. Anyone that has ever worked with him knows what a standup person he is and he takes care of business getting you back on the water without further problems.
Lets show some support for someone that took care of elsewhere and has now taken the risk to become self employeed (LOL). Everyone knows that Aron at Absoulte pulled it off and is the man to deal with in Havi no matter what. Now we all got a local guy for everything at home.
I only got his cell phone number so here it is.
So Cal Speed & Marine
Mario Latka
661-644-3177
Its service without that arrogant attitude all of us had to deal with.
3DO

VanDeano
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Simi Valley is still to far for me. It might as well be on the moon.

wolfie
08-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Simi Valley is still to far for me. It might as well be on the moon.
Me too.

RitcheyRch
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Definitely an option.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-22-2006, 06:48 PM
3DO you still have your boat :)

Jyruiz
08-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Glad for anybody in that side of the world.

Partycattin
08-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Will give his shop a try. We've needed a good shop in town. I used to go to Teague but it was always such a wait for us smaller boats, especially if a race or something was coming up.
Do you know where the shop is at in Simi?

tcook33
08-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Whats the address?

Three Days Only
08-23-2006, 10:13 AM
3DO you still have your boat :)
Of course Marios got it right now, rebuilding the drives. First time in a 1 1/2. You want to buy it 155K

Three Days Only
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Will give his shop a try. We've needed a good shop in town. I used to go to Teague but it was always such a wait for us smaller boats, especially if a race or something was coming up.
Do you know where the shop is at in Simi?
118 off Tapo. Mario was at Teague for years, he knows his shit.

Three Days Only
08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Whats the address?
Off Tapo!!!
661-644-3177 is his cell.

No Regrets
08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I can 2nd 3DO's statement.
You will not meet a nicer guy.
You wont be disappointed. Now we have a Cali- Aaron.
Good luck Mario, I'll be callin you this winter.
BP

FullUp
08-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Everyone should be happy about this. Mario is the BEST! The marine repair business needs more honest guys like him.

syke-o
you posted this in every section.... are you part owner or getting some sort of kick back... i think this needs to be moved to spam only.. :)

DM57
118 off Tapo. Mario was at Teague for years, he knows his shit.
Yes he does!

Three Days Only
08-23-2006, 10:29 AM
you posted this in every section.... are you part owner or getting some sort of kick back... i think this needs to be moved to spam only.. :)
I have nothing to do with any of it. The guy has just taken great care of my boat for years and I owe him a major favor. Plus who really wants to deal with Bob's arrogant attitude anymore. NOT ME, THATS FOR SURE.

syke-o
08-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I have nothing to do with any of it. The guy has just taken great care of my boat for years and I owe him a major favor. Plus who really wants to deal with Bob's arrogant attitude anymore. NOT ME, THATS FOR SURE.
just giving you a hard time :p i wish i was closer to simi valley to give the guy my business actually...

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 10:39 AM
You got that right! Amen!

Three Days Only
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
just giving you a hard time :p i wish i was closer to simi valley to give the guy my business actually...
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Someones got a help a brother out!!!!! I was begining to feel alittle scorn!!! LOL

RitcheyRch
08-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Surprised there not other boat companies in Simi Valley.

Three Days Only
08-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Well theres one now and from my past and present dealings no one will be disappointed. My boat is already back in my storage and it was there for less then a week. Both drives R&R'd, Gimbals, and ready to go. Its further for me to drive then to Teague, but its the service im used too and the same guy working on my stuff.

Partycattin
08-24-2006, 08:20 PM
High Tech is still around town. They are not very popular though. Most people I know that have gone there, will never go back due to the attitude and lack of getting the job done right.
Marine Service Center is also out here. They did a good job repairing my boat last year. Got it done pretty quick. Didn't seem too interested in performance mods and stuff like that.
I'm guessing this new shop is in the area of Tapo Street and LA avenue. If anyone goes there, stop by my house for a brew, I'm off of Tapo as well.

RitcheyRch
08-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I've been using Lakeside Marine and Robertos Boat Center in Castaic. Nice to have another place to try in the event cant get in at the places close to home.

H20 Toie
08-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Mario is great, Not only a nice guy but knows his stuff. and you don't have to wait forever to have him work on it.

Acommanderguy
08-24-2006, 09:21 PM
hey RR lakeside use to be a great place a few years ago.. Now they are just the same as everyone else..over priced and and bunch of BS... they have been working on my boats since Amir was in north hollywood with his galaxie dealership. I will be seeking out Mario myself, hopefully he has some idea what the funny noise coming from jet is.. since LAKESIDE cant figure it out. 500 bucks for an impeller change that didnt cure the problem

YODA
08-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Lakeside has been good to me for a while, but a hassle to drive out there. Marine svc center in simi sux! They hosed me on a basic service-had to bring it back 3 times. I'll definately check out the new place in Simi.

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 06:34 AM
They treated me fair when was there a few weeks back trying to figure out the issues with my boat. I will definitely give Mario a try when my boat needs service. I dont mind the drive if get good service.
hey RR lakeside use to be a great place a few years ago.. Now they are just the same as everyone else..over priced and and bunch of BS... they have been working on my boats since Amir was in north hollywood with his galaxie dealership. I will be seeking out Mario myself, hopefully he has some idea what the funny noise coming from jet is.. since LAKESIDE cant figure it out. 500 bucks for an impeller change that didnt cure the problem

Three Days Only
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Mario is great, Not only a nice guy but knows his stuff. and you don't have to wait forever to have him work on it.
I couldnt agree more. We just got to keep him busy until he has a strong client base and tons of work from referals.

Three Days Only
08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Thats the truth, he just redelivered my boat to me, 1 week, drives & gimbals. Thats pretty damn fast.
Jeff

Cole91
08-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Theres good news for all of us boat owners that were kinda lost in where we were taking our boats when not in Havasu. Somethings have changed around town in the LA area and some of the service and people we were used to dealing with have left other companies, but theres really, really good news.
Mario Latka which alot of us have known for some years now from another local location has opened his own place in Simi Valley. So Cal Speed & Marine is offically open and conducting business. Mario has been involved in many of our boats for years. DCB's, Skaters, Eliminators, Howards, Cigs, World Championship race boats, the list goes on and on, basically everything out there.
Nothing is to big or too small unlike other shops. Mario, hands down kicks ass. He has come through for me on so many differnt and making it so I never missed a weekend due to anything. Anyone that has ever worked with him knows what a standup person he is and he takes care of business getting you back on the water without further problems.
Lets show some support for someone that took care of elsewhere and has now taken the risk to become self employeed (LOL). Everyone knows that Aron at Absoulte pulled it off and is the man to deal with in Havi no matter what. Now we all got a local guy for everything at home.
I only got his cell phone number so here it is.
So Cal Speed & Marine
Mario Latka
661-644-3177
Its service without that arrogant attitude all of us had to deal with.
3DO
This guy lives right next to me, and every weeks he has some sick a$$ ride hooked up to his sweet a$$ Dodge got a love it. I always look forward to my weekly boat show :crossx: it's clear he knows his stuff.

desertbird
03-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Anybody know if he is still in business? I've got some work to send his way.
No website, no address, and just a voicemail on the ph#
...hopefully so, he was the best reason to take your boat to Teague! :)

moneypit
03-29-2007, 04:19 PM
ttp

chrisf
04-14-2007, 08:05 AM
So Cal Speed & Marine
Mario Latka
661-644-3177
He is real busy, a little behind on the phone calls, but definitely worth the wait.
Chris

H20 Toie
04-14-2007, 11:28 AM
yep i had my boat in last week, great prices and awesome work, he really cares about the quailty of his work

Liquid Courage
04-14-2007, 11:49 AM
His shop has moved from Simi to Moorpark. New address below. I was there picking up my boat last week and it's like a boat show everytime I'm there. He had the following there:
38 Cig Top Gun
35 Playboy Cig
42 Cig Tiger
(2) 38' Scarabs
28' Eliminator cat
28' Howard Bullet
19' Eliminator pickle (he's doing a full build up on it...looks like a cool project)
a ski boat
an open bow (Fourwinns)
and some other boat under a cover
Needless to say, he's busy. New shop:
619 Fitch Ave. #5
Moorpark, Ca. 93021
(right next to Sport Trucks by Dean)
PH# 661-644-3177
Here's a post I put on aother thread.
Just wanted to publicly give thanks to Mario (Owner/operator So-Cal Speed & Marine)
I hate to say that it is a rare event to run into someone in the marine industry with such a high amount of integrity but Mario is definately one of the few!
It has been the rare case that I have actually left a mechanic with a smile on my face. But that is exactly what happened today after getting the boat fully serviced and a laundry list of nick-nacks to do. Imagine paying LESS than you expected when you pick your boat up. Not only is Mario an awesome mechanic that's been in the game a LOOOOONG time but he is honest, has more than a decent hourly rate, and actually sticks to a quote (or less!).
I know some of you on here know of his work quality and ethic first hand and others have heard stories recently about him but if you are looking for a mechanic, you need look no further.