PDA

View Full Version : If you live in the City of Torrance...Bad News

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 05:20 AM
City of Torrance just past a ban on RV, Boats, Trailers,...etc. from parking on city streets. You can not even bring your RV home to pack unless you get a permit. Neighboring cities will soon follow.

RitcheyRch
08-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Other neighboring cities will definitely follow suit. I wonder how much the darn permit will cost.
I cant park my boat or anything in front of my house either due to HOA rules.

6 Dollar Boat
08-23-2006, 05:31 AM
Sounds good to me. That has been the law in Temecula for several years. It keeps your neighbors from planting that '74 Winebago in front of your house...

wsuwrhr
08-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Good news for the "Land of the free and the home of the brave"
I am so glad I live in a free country.

Her454
08-23-2006, 05:49 AM
I am so glad I live in THE country.
Yea, me too ;) :rollside:

wsuwrhr
08-23-2006, 06:08 AM
Yea, me too ;) :rollside:
huh?
I said what?

slingingsmoke
08-23-2006, 06:34 AM
...just another way for "the man" to make some $$$ that the citizens will never see!

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Other neighboring cities will definitely follow suit. I wonder how much the darn permit will cost.
I cant park my boat or anything in front of my house either due to HOA rules.
I heard its going to be $10 a day for permit and only limited to 96 permits a year.
I think the only way around this is if some how you can fit it in your drive way, at least just to load your gear in. This explains why all of a sudden about 3 years ago all these RV storage lots were popping up. I wouldn't be surprised if a little pay off took place.

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 06:44 AM
Sounds good to me. That has been the law in Temecula for several years. It keeps your neighbors from planting that '74 Winebago in front of your house...
I know exactly what you mean. It is an eye sore. I can understand the whole idea of it all, but not being able to park just to load up is just a little overboard (no pun intended). I can picture all my neighbors now dancing around there living room now that this has past. The law doesn't go into force until July 2007

Parker Dreamin
08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Just FYI----
http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/articles/3712961.html

JetBoatRich
08-23-2006, 07:19 AM
permit to load your RV :mad: sounds like a pain inthe ASS :rolleyes:
if you decide Friday night to go out in your RV, how do you get a permit? Sure glad mine is parked on the side of my house :rolleyes:

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 07:32 AM
I guess it could be worse, in Redondo beach a near by city you can not even have a empty trailer or any RV parked in your driveway. You even have to get an approval if you want to paint your house another color. I can understand for condo complex, but for the entire city!

lalhc
08-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I grew up in La Verne, and it is illegal to park any vehicle, overnight, on the street w/out a permit. It has been like that for over 30 years.

beaverretriever
08-23-2006, 08:18 AM
I guess it could be worse, in Redondo beach a near by city you can not even have a empty trailer or any RV parked in your driveway. You even have to get an approval if you want to paint your house another color. I can understand for condo complex, but for the entire city!
I lived in Redondo and Manhattan Beach before I moved to Nv. There isnt room to barely park a car in either of those places...LOL :)
I feel bad for everyone that lives in Cali. I dont know how you guys do it.

MudPumper
08-23-2006, 08:34 AM
You even have to get an approval if you want to paint your house another color. I can understand for condo complex, but for the entire city!
If you lived across the street from my nieghbor you would have a different opinion. Every house on the street is painted a nice neutral color, shades of brown, tan, white, with nice matching trim. She decides to paint her house mint phucking green. :mad: It goes well with her red tile roof. Now every time I look out front I have to look at this friggin eyesore. The problem is, people have shitty ass taste. Have you not noticed the thousands of people in public every day who obviously don't own a mirror in their home. Some of the shit people think look good just kills me. Goes the same for some Gel Coat jobs I see on boats. Amazing. :rollside: But anyway.
I don't agree with having to have a permit to even park for a short time to load, unload, wash, whatever. But the city should have some plan in place to cut down on the amount of RV's and boats that are parked on the street or even in driveways. It makes the neighborhood look like shit and I don't want to drive down the street or look out my front window and stare at my neighbors shit. I don't mind it for a day or two before or after a trip but it needs a proper place to be stored. Either put it behind your gate if you have RV parking or man up and pay for some storage.

superdave013
08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
I lived in Redondo and Manhattan Beach before I moved to Nv. There isnt room to barely park a car in either of those places...LOL :)
I was the renter right on the corner of Pacific and Valley. We had 4x4's and boats all over. :) Never did store a boat out on the street though.
Now that I'm a home owner I hate guys like I was. lol

Caribbean Jet
08-23-2006, 09:29 AM
This is just wrong. I can see not more than 2 days but a permit to load your toys up. This is just a way for the local goverment to get more money.

vegasriverjunkie
08-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I was going to say the same thing. I grew up in the South Bay so I know what your saying. :rollside:

spectras only
08-23-2006, 10:27 AM
with our multicultural theme in canada , I'm happy living in a townhouse complex with some rules . Without rules homes and townhomes would look like built out of LEGOs in Vancouver :idea: :D

socalmoney
08-23-2006, 10:52 AM
I live in Murrieta and I get 48 hours to park my recreational vehicles.
10.44.020 Parking prohibitions for certain vehicles.
A. It is unlawful to park, keep, or store any oversized vehicle, recreational vehicle, non-self propelled vehicle, vessel, or similar such vehicles, within any portion of the front yard setback, as defined by this code. Except that, if such vehicles are kept, parked, and stored permanently on private property, other than the front yard setback, they shall be screened from view to the required fence height allowed by this code. Wrought iron fencing, landscape material, and lattice shall be considered as acceptable screening materials. Recreational vehicles shall be allowed for a total of forty-eight (48) hours before and after a recreational trip only, and not in combination with any other public right-of-way parking exemption. This provision shall not apply to commercial vehicles weighing 10,000 pounds or less, and having a width of ninety-two (92) inches or less, and having a length of twenty-one (21) feet or less, and having a height of eight (8) feet or less, if such vehicle is parked on an approved surface in the front yard setback and is limited to two such vehicles per residence.
If I went boating on Lake Elsinore every third day, I think I can park my boat at my house forever. Haha

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 10:55 AM
If you lived across the street from my nieghbor you would have a different opinion. Every house on the street is painted a nice neutral color, shades of brown, tan, white, with nice matching trim. She decides to paint her house mint phucking green. :mad: It goes well with her red tile roof. Now every time I look out front I have to look at this friggin eyesore. The problem is, people have shitty ass taste. Have you not noticed the thousands of people in public every day who obviously don't own a mirror in their home. Some of the shit people think look good just kills me. Goes the same for some Gel Coat jobs I see on boats. Amazing. :rollside: But anyway.
I don't agree with having to have a permit to even park for a short time to load, unload, wash, whatever. But the city should have some plan in place to cut down on the amount of RV's and boats that are parked on the street or even in driveways. It makes the neighborhood look like shit and I don't want to drive down the street or look out my front window and stare at my neighbors shit. I don't mind it for a day or two before or after a trip but it needs a proper place to be stored. Either put it behind your gate if you have RV parking or man up and pay for some storage.
True....I can see your point because I know exactly what color your talking about. I have been paying $175.00 a month for storage for the last 5 yrs for my boat. I just hate the idea I have to get a permit if want to take it home and give it a wax job or whatever, especially if it is one of those times I get a hair up my butt and feel like doing something in the middle of the night. I guess I should be grateful that they at least offer a permit. From the few post I have read, I didn't realize how wide spread this law was. Maybe they'll offer the permits like a booklet. When you need one you just pull a ticket from your booklet like you did at Disneyland years ago.

socalmoney
08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
I have been paying $175.00 a month for storage for the last 5 yrs for my boat.
I hope for that price your storage is indoors.

VanDeano
08-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Are you kidding me! It sets right under some big'o power lines that probably give your house the juice. Useless land that someone is making a killing on. I even had my boat broke into. I actually haven't paid that much the whole time, it started out at $90 but every few months the jack it up $15. Now that this law has past Im sure it will be a lot higher then $175.00. As it is now there is a 6 month waiting list.

socalmoney
08-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Wow, I pay 135 every quarter. I could have paid about 110 a month for indoor but my boat is not done yet so I figured outside is fine for now.

djunkie
08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
City of Torrance just past a ban on RV, Boats, Trailers,...etc. from parking on city streets. You can not even bring your RV home to pack unless you get a permit. Neighboring cities will soon follow.
Its kinda that way in RPV where I live. But its not really enforced. You can store your RV at home as long as its not visible from the street. How in the hell is that even possible? God knows they won't let you build a garage big enough to store one.

HOOTER SLED-
08-24-2006, 07:45 AM
AHAHAHAA Torrance is so wannabe OC. South Torrance is probably the only part that will get uptight about it. Too bad that's where all the peeps with toyhaulers, boats, etc are. One more reason why I'm glad we left there. :rollside:

Tequila-John
08-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Sound slike a real SHITE HOLE!

wsuwrhr
08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I couldn't give a shit less what my neighbor's house looked like.
I didn't buy that house, I bought mine. If the moron want's to paint THEIR house mint phucing green with a red tile roof, so be it.
There are a couple pussy pink houses, so what?
Isn't this a free country?
Where does it end?
I can't understand why a city needs to tell people what they can and can't do on private property, and why the neighbors would seem to care what is with the color of their neighbor's house and what is parked outside.
People need to mind their own damn business. So worried about what everyone ELSE is doing so they don't have to look at their own problems.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Either put it behind your gate if you have RV parking or man up and pay for some storage.
MP,
My wife and I have met you and your girlfriend(wife maybe), and you seem like cool people, hell I think I even lauched your boat one day at freeboard challenged.
Man up and pay for some storage? harsh.
I think people who live in a "gated" cummunity are subject to their "rules" they signed up for, but I don't believe cities should be able to pass laws governing matters such as this. I think rights and privileges of citizens are being erroded a little at a time. Not really a big-brother deal but almost.
I am curious where everyone stores their boats/bikes/toys? On your property? In your garage maybe? I don't know.
How feasable is it that a city can pass a law saying you can't even park RV's on your property, in your garage or whatever?
Not on your property, Period.
Brian

Desert Rat
08-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I park all my toys on my property, of course I have a acre+ with a 1000' garage out back too :crossx:
And quite often friends toys too

wsuwrhr
08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I park all my toys on my property, of course I have a acre+ with a 1000' garage out back too :crossx:
And quite often friends toys too
What is going to happen when Quartz hill wants to be like everyone else?
Are you going to "man up" and pay for storage?
Where is Quartzhill anyway? Maybe I need to move.
I think laws such as this are rediculous.
Brian

desertbird
08-24-2006, 01:30 PM
It's amazing how different cities come up with such different laws. Santa Clarita has an oversize vehicle ordinance which applies to RV's as well as a connected trailer. I am a member of my HOA board of directors, and even if I wasn't, I still agree with the SCV rules. I think Torrance loses sight of the real issue with the "daily" permit. Up here you are allowed 48 hours, and or a weekend to park a vehicle, and they respond very quickly to complaints
Here is an excerpt from : SCV ordinance (http://www.santa-clarita.com/cityhall/cmo/ovo/ovo_ordinance.PDF)
A. The parking of oversized vehicles, as defined in Section 12.94.010 of this ordinance,
shall be prohibited on any public street. This section shall not apply to any oversized
vehicle:
1. Parked on a public street during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) or a
national holiday; or
2. Parked for the purpose of, and while being, loaded or unloaded for a maximum
period not to exceed forty-eight (48) consecutive hours in any calendar week
(Monday through Friday); or
3. Parked for temporary maintenance or emergency repairs not to exceed fortyeight
(48) consecutive hours within any calendar week (Monday through
Friday); or
4. Parked for the pickup or delivery of goods, and merchandise; or
5. Displaying a current valid State Department of Motor Vehicles issued disabled
person license plate.

Parker Dreamin
08-24-2006, 01:35 PM
AHAHAHAA Torrance is so wannabe OC. South Torrance is probably the only part that will get uptight about it. Too bad that's where all the peeps with toyhaulers, boats, etc are. One more reason why I'm glad we left there. :rollside:
You left because you could not hang and you enjoy the smell of cow shit every day. ...wannabee OC, give me a damn break. Sorry, the beach area is much nicer then Riverside.......

Desert Rat
08-24-2006, 01:36 PM
What is going to happen when Quartz hill wants to be like everyone else?
Are you going to "man up" and pay for storage?
Where is Quartzhill anyway? Maybe I need to move.
I think laws such as this are rediculous.
Brian
West of Lancaster/Palmdale
Don't think that will ever happen, we are unincorporated county/die hard conservative. Besides my boat is in a garage and can't be seen. The motor home is a different story. If it were to come to that I would have to address it then but one reason I bought where I did was for the storage on my property. I had looked to buy in an area that I found had too many restrictions and opted to look elsewhere. Unfortunately it's hard to just target the people that park junk in front of their house with today’s lawsuit happy environment so a blanket approach is taken. Don't agree with it but I can see the reasoning behind SOME of the laws.

SUPERDUTYRHINO
08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
The article doesn't mention but I got a warning once because my toyhauler was sticking out past the front of my house. I still love Torrance...

VanDeano
08-25-2006, 02:53 PM
It's amazing how different cities come up with such different laws. Santa Clarita has an oversize vehicle ordinance which applies to RV's as well as a connected trailer. I am a member of my HOA board of directors, and even if I wasn't, I still agree with the SCV rules. I think Torrance loses sight of the real issue with the "daily" permit. Up here you are allowed 48 hours, and or a weekend to park a vehicle, and they respond very quickly to complaints
Here is an excerpt from : SCV ordinance (http://www.santa-clarita.com/cityhall/cmo/ovo/ovo_ordinance.PDF)
A. The parking of oversized vehicles, as defined in Section 12.94.010 of this ordinance,
shall be prohibited on any public street. This section shall not apply to any oversized
vehicle:
1. Parked on a public street during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) or a
national holiday; or
2. Parked for the purpose of, and while being, loaded or unloaded for a maximum
period not to exceed forty-eight (48) consecutive hours in any calendar week
(Monday through Friday); or
3. Parked for temporary maintenance or emergency repairs not to exceed fortyeight
(48) consecutive hours within any calendar week (Monday through
Friday); or
4. Parked for the pickup or delivery of goods, and merchandise; or
5. Displaying a current valid State Department of Motor Vehicles issued disabled
person license plate.
I could live with that.

djunkie
08-25-2006, 02:54 PM
You left because you could not hang and you enjoy the smell of cow shit every day. ...wannabee OC, give me a damn break. Sorry, the beach area is much nicer then Riverside.......
Pedro!!!:rollside: :rollside:

Parker Dreamin
08-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Pedro!!!:rollside: :rollside:
ya, Pedro is awesome !!!!!!!!

No Name
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
This is just wrong. I can see not more than 2 days but a permit to load your toys up. This is just a way for the local goverment to get more money.
:idea:

GHT
08-25-2006, 09:06 PM
I could live with that.
So do they drive around all the time checking for boats and RVs?
Next.... I know someone with the same Avitar.
Titties & Beer... :D

Boy Named Sue
08-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Just FYI----
http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/articles/3712961.html
Did anyone notice the name Mayor Frank Scotto? That son of a bitch owns a towing company that has contracts with all the cities to do the police towing! Oh yeah this deal stinks.
The article states that the vehicle may be cited or TOWED!
Bet you fifty they tow almost every time! What is the tow charge on an RV?
How much is it dear old mayor Frank POS Scotto?
Frank feels bad it has had to come to this.

JetBoatRich
08-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Frank Scotto is Mayor now :rolleyes: I worked and lived in or around the Torrance area late 80's to early 90's. We used his company for the company vehiclesnow he is mayor :rolleyes: never would have seen that

SHOTKALLIN
08-26-2006, 07:31 AM
That is why i live in the 951. There is actually room to park on the street around here.

Tequila-John
08-26-2006, 07:46 AM
sO FRISKY BUD

Parker Dreamin
08-26-2006, 07:53 AM
sO FRISKY BUD
You would agree that is a great way of doing business now wouldn't you ?

TT_trawler
08-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Did anyone notice the name Mayor Frank Scotto? That son of a bitch owns a towing company that has contracts with all the cities to do the police towing! Oh yeah this deal stinks.
The article states that the vehicle may be cited or TOWED!
Bet you fifty they tow almost every time! What is the tow charge on an RV?
How much is it dear old mayor Frank POS Scotto?
Frank feels bad it has had to come to this.
Sorry to shoot down your conspiracy theory, but Frank Scotto Towing
does not tow for the city of Torrance...Van Lingen Towing has that contract.
The tow charge would depend on the size of the RV. Most class C and smaller
would only need a light duty truck (F-550 for example) approx $90.00 per hour,
class A motorhomes, fifth wheels etc would need a medium duty truck approx
$160.00 per hour, 2 hours minimum due to a more complicated hook up, pulling driveshafts etc. Diesel pushers would need a Heavy Duty truck approx $225.00 per hour, 2 hours minimum for reasons above. There also would be storage fees of approx $30.00 per day and most cities add a fee of $50.00 to $100.00 collected by the tow company that is paid to the city on a monthly basis. These charges are approx since all cities set their own rates for police towing.

termiteguy
08-28-2006, 07:52 AM
i for one wish the city of lakewood would start this. i have a boat rv and a trailor of bikes and none of if it is viable from the street i store the boat and rv at the river. i dont understand how people can spend the kind of money they do on boats and just leave them out side if you cant afford storage you proaly cant afford the boat rv etc.

wsuwrhr
08-28-2006, 07:55 AM
i dont understand how people can spend the kind of money they do on boats and just leave them out side if you cant afford storage you proaly cant afford the boat rv etc.
Man up and pay storage ey?
Please.
That is a pretty broad statement.

superdave013
08-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Man up and pay storage ey?
Please.
That is a pretty broad statement.
You know, you telling people to man up is pretty funny. lol

wsuwrhr
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
You know, you telling people to man up is pretty funny. lol
I can't take credit for it though.
I plagarized ol' mudpumper. It was too good to pass up.
Brian

superdave013
08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I can't take credit for it though.
I plagarized ol' mudpumper. It was too good to pass up.
Brian
But it's not funny from him, you on the other hand I see total humor in it. lmao
Think zoning and why and how it got to be the way it is.

Boy Named Sue
09-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Sorry to shoot down your conspiracy theory, but Frank Scotto Towing
does not tow for the city of Torrance...Van Lingen Towing has that contract.
The tow charge would depend on the size of the RV. Most class C and smaller
would only need a light duty truck (F-550 for example) approx $90.00 per hour,
class A motorhomes, fifth wheels etc would need a medium duty truck approx
$160.00 per hour, 2 hours minimum due to a more complicated hook up, pulling driveshafts etc. Diesel pushers would need a Heavy Duty truck approx $225.00 per hour, 2 hours minimum for reasons above. There also would be storage fees of approx $30.00 per day and most cities add a fee of $50.00 to $100.00 collected by the tow company that is paid to the city on a monthly basis. These charges are approx since all cities set their own rates for police towing.
My fact checking was lacking. At the time FST was towing for Redondo Bch and they had demolished my new motorcycle. I was 6 doors down from my house and the cops insisted on towing because I had no MC license. I said I would push it home but that was not good enough. When I went to pick up my bike it was DESTROYED and they would not admit fault. They behave like gangsters and criminals and would not accept responsibility until the RBPD got involved then they cut a check for blue book on a new bike and I took a beating. The whole deal was crooked. Yes, I broke a license law but they sucked! If Frank Scotto is involved in something that needs to be towed you can bet its a crooked deal. Wait till your property is in his or his cronies lot.