PDA

View Full Version : Laws concerning (your) private property

wsuwrhr
08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
I like this site, alot of different opinions here.
Another thread has got me thinking about "man up" and pay for storage for your toys.
How many ***boat peeps actually have their Boats/trailers/toys/bikes, or whatever in storage?
I have met a few of you, been to your houses, shops, and it has been in your garage, on your property, or parked in the street.
What if the city you are in decides you can't even have it on your property.
Parked it in your garage, backyard, on the street, or wherever?
You purchase the item, insure it, register it, now you need to get a storage to keep it?
Is it possible?
I'm curious what everyone thinks about the law reaching onto your personal space?
Brian

Singleton
08-24-2006, 02:07 PM
In my last place the HOA had rules that stated it could not be seen from the street. If not in view, then OK.
Current place allows you to store it, but it needs to be behind a fence in the backyard or on your driveway (issue driveway is only 10 feet), plus you could only park it on street for 48 hours then it had to move 150 feet.
New place (next week - can't wait) you can store it in driveway (30 feet) or on sideyard without fence and has same 48 hour limit.
I am OK with some of these laws (store on sideyard \ driveway) to keep the area up, but it is starting to get out of control.
Buddy of mine lives in Del Mar and he can't even wash his car in the driveway without a HOA fine (now that is pushing the limit).
Just my .02

YeLLowBoaT
08-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Buddy of mine lives in Del Mar and he can't even wash his car in the driveway without a HOA fine (now that is pushing the limit).
Just my .02
WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Now that right there is fooked up.

Singleton
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
He comes to my place to wash the cars, since the fines go up after first offense. Last fine was $250.
No way I am ever going to live in another palce wiht HOA's

HavasuSelect
08-24-2006, 02:50 PM
He comes to my place to wash the cars, since the fines go up after first offense. Last fine was $250.
That's just utterly ridiculous.

RitcheyRch
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Boat is in storage. HOA doesnt allow on the street or in the driveway. Would put in garage but already have a few cars in there.

Ike
08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Good GOd! It's creeping into the boating world too! This has been a huge issue in the RV world for quite a while now. A lot of cities and towns first passed laws saying you couldn't park your motorhome, RV trailer, whatever, on the street. Then they went farther and said you couldn't park it in your drive. Some now say it doesn't even matter if it's in a Garage it's gotta be off the property in an RV storage area or a licensed RV park. The RVIA and other RV lobbies have been fighting this in the courts but don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Maybe the boating people and the RV people ought to get together on this

squirt'nmyload
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Boat is in storage. HOA doesnt allow on the street or in the driveway. Would put in garage but already have a few cars in there.
boat and yukon in the garage....it's a tight fit but it works

acatitude
08-24-2006, 04:22 PM
guess ill stick to my older house with no stupid ccr or hoa. 38 ft garage stores boat and had motor home parked beside garage behind fence... 1/2 acre lot is just right with detached garage in the back...

buzzaro
08-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I know we have CCR's but no HOA in place and the boat wont fit in the garage, its a tight fit with the truck and the car already so its on the side yard. I actually had to move the house water supply line 3" closer so the boat would fit.
This is with me on the opposite side of the fence holding the camera:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16964

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-24-2006, 06:08 PM
I like this site, alot of different opinions here.
Another thread has got me thinking about "man up" and pay for storage for your toys.
How many ***boat peeps actually have their Boats/trailers/toys/bikes, or whatever in storage?
I have met a few of you, been to your houses, shops, and it has been in your garage, on your property, or parked in the street.
What if the city you are in decides you can't even have it on your property.
Parked it in your garage, backyard, on the street, or wherever?
You purchase the item, insure it, register it, now you need to get a storage to keep it?
Is it possible?
I'm curious what everyone thinks about the law reaching onto your personal space?
Brian
Move. That's what we did. Got the heck out of the Fascist City of Murrieta and moved back to White Trash Menifee. I like it here. Should have never left. :D

havasu5150
08-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Motorhome, Conquest and 24' box trailer can all fit in the garage :rollside: :rollside: Used to keep everything at a storage lost until I moved to a larger chunk of land. No CCR's or HOA. Couldnt stand that.

lewiville
08-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Move. That's what we did. Got the heck out of the Fascist City of Murrieta and moved back to White Trash Menifee. I like it here. Should have never left. :D
my nieghbor just got a ticket for having there sea doo in there drive way. what a waste of official's time. phuckin Murrietucky

OCMerrill
08-25-2006, 05:08 AM
Two spaces in one storage location, one 60' space in another. All for Business crap (box trucks) with my motorhome plugged in there.
Boat is in my garage. Poked it into my office by a cuple of feet and dry walled the deal in. Saves yet another storage space and its here nice and dry.
I have a smaller lot and house. Nothing can fit beside the house.
Nothing allowed out front for any length of time.
This is where I chose to live and knew it going in. I like it better this way anyway. If boats and RV's were allowed then you would have allot of nice stuff parked around with that occasional RV with siding torn off, flat tires, etc. to look at. I also don't want to know if I live next to any Lake Lice. I don't want that shit spreading.

duffster
08-25-2006, 05:48 AM
I would not buy a house with out RV access. I went through that crap before fighting the city and it's no fun.
Plus if you are able to keep your boat at home in a nice locked coverd side yard. Their is nothing like going out and drinking 20 beers working on it. :crossx:

ChumpChange
08-25-2006, 06:04 AM
I'd turn him on to Magic34 and DriWash. That way he can wash his cars in the garage like I do.

lawbreaker2
08-25-2006, 06:12 AM
This is why I live out in BFE. I can park my rig in my drive and they can't do anything about it. :mad: And my 30ft race car trailer is next to the house, untill I get my barn built, If and when I move out there I will have to buy land way out in BFE so nobody bothers me. :rolleyes:

lawbreaker2
08-25-2006, 06:14 AM
oh They have laws about no trucks and no rv in your drive in the city here, but it is a small town, and they don't mess with anybody about there rv's, But more and more folks are buying these toyboxes, so it's only a matter of time.

whited44
08-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Up here in Ohio this is a problem with our zoning department. My dad had his brand new motorhome parked in the driveway and the neighbors complained. Turns out he was parked completely legally because he could start it up and leave. However trailers had to be in the furthest part of the back yard, which is a stupid law. The crazy thing is, is after my dad put the motorhome in a storage unit i park my 29 Baja Oulaw which was bigger than the motorhome in the driveway and nobody said anything and that was illegally parked!
It's crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Dave C
08-25-2006, 07:57 AM
mines on the side yard. tight fit.. 10ft side to side.
RV is in storage. too big.
I would need a 35 ft garage to fit this inside which is just not possible in this area (cost prohibitive)
I'm not in an HOA.
our laws state that you can keep the boat or RV in front of your house for 72 hours then it must go in the garage or backyard behind a fence. The enforcement is very lax. The police have more important things to do. :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/904daytona4-med.jpg

roostwear
08-25-2006, 08:58 AM
If Anaheim bans boats in the driveway, I'll just have to keep both boats at the river. If Bullhead bans boats in the driveway, it's a sure sign we've entered bizarro world.....

RiverDave
08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
I'd turn him on to Magic34 and DriWash. That way he can wash his cars in the garage like I do.
LMAO... I was just thinking the same thing. :D
Hell he should be able to even wash it in the drive way.. What are they going to fine him for wiping some of the dust off of it? That's about the same as fining somebody for unloading groceries or something. Have him switch over to Dri-Wash and they shouldn't be able to say shit about it.
RD

Magic34
08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Are they concerned with the water runoff?
If so, I have some stuff where makes it possible for him to do it in his garage or driveway without issues. :rollside:
Just noticed RD and CC post. LOL.