Phat Matt
08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Yep. :)

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
All the hotels booked solid in Blythe.

CBadDad
08-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I haven't been in years. Dad and I used to go every year on the CRIT land.
Good times, get up early to hunt and spend the rest of the day hanging out at Parker.
I've done that for many years. It's gonna be crazy with the opener being on the Friday before Labor Day. This year our pheasant guide is coming from South Dakota with his GF. Ought to be good times!

UpRiver
08-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Loaded some .410 shells this past weekend and ready to go. For the first time in 15 years I'm not going to Blythe for the opener, it has gotten way too crazy for me. I have a spot up river near Needles I'm gonna try this year.

boxscore
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
How do I get a hunting license? Never had one... do I have to take a hunters safety course or equivalent? Or can I just get a license w/o one?

djunkie
08-25-2006, 12:26 PM
How do I get a hunting license? Never had one... do I have to take a hunters safety course or equivalent? Or can I just get a license w/o one?
Need a hunter safety course cert. or a licsence from a prior year to get one in Ca.

djunkie
08-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Sept. 1. Anybody going out? Where?
You know it. Going to Delano.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16992&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16993&stc=1

Phat Matt
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00998.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01000.JPG

djunkie
08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00998.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01000.JPG
I got more birds than you in my pic. Neener neener :p :p

Old Man Havasu
08-25-2006, 02:58 PM
I got more birds than you in my pic. Neener neener :p :p
And he has 75 MAGNUM shells? No wonder those birds are heading for teriyaki stew. :p
I will be in Hinckley (North Edwards AFB Cali) on Friday for a wide open shoot and on the south side of Havasu for the holiday. Where ever my golf cart can get me to. Two more weeks before therapy for the broken leg.
Look out quail! I will be ready! :D

SmokinLowriderSS
08-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Nope, will be at the lake for the holliday weekend. Will be out the following week tho. Pond 1/4 mile S of my house. Unfortunately gotta miss the NEXT weekend too. Riot Controll (how to beat people with a stick) class 3-yr refresher, Natl. Guard requirement. Might make it that Sun evening.

1manshow
08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Do you hunt private land in delano?? Also where do you hunt?? 1manshow

Beer Factor
08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Heading for Niland. Should be a good one.

Riverkid
08-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Good luck with that. More secrets in a hunting camp than anywhere in the USA. Just got back from bowhunting in Utah and every guy that tagged a buck came in and was whispering his ass off. Nothing like a bit of misinformation to keep your spot safe for next year! :)
What are you shooting Matt? I think the Supermag is staying home and I'll use the O/U again this year...

Mike D.
08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
used to hunt private property in paso, wife would get pissed that i was gone on abig weeekend.bought a place in blythe on crit land now i get up 20 minutes before sun up and get in poonton boat to a nice little canal pull motor out of water shot our limits and usual home brfore she gets up. then we head for the water best of both worlds

1manshow
08-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Good luck with that. More secrets in a hunting camp than anywhere in the USA. Just got back from bowhunting in Utah and every guy that tagged a buck came in and was whispering his ass off. Nothing like a bit of misinformation to keep your spot safe for next year! :)
What are you shooting Matt? I think the Supermag is staying home and I'll use the O/U again this year...
I already got my limit j/k:crossx: :crossx: . I just need to walk out my front door and go hunting in my almond trees where they are flying around by the hundreds :D . So i guess i'll just go to the river for labor day and go hunting when i get home :crossx: !!!

Riverkid
08-25-2006, 06:30 PM
^^^ Nice! We've got a hookup on private land this year. Can't hardly wait. Gila Bend was always good, but what do you do there for the 23 1/2 hours you aren't hunting??? It's gonna be another hot one.

Cheap Thrills
08-25-2006, 07:10 PM
It can't be dove season already , the corn is still on the stalk around here :rollside:
C.T. :wink:

angry dad
08-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Make sure you have your effin plug in your shotgun!! i gotta 720.00 fine last year!@!

SmokinLowriderSS
08-26-2006, 12:45 AM
It can't be dove season already , the corn is still on the stalk around here :rollside:
C.T. :wink:They were cutting the field N of my house Thurs when I got home from work.

djunkie
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Its private owned land that is open to the public. If that makes any sense. I have no clue where exactly it is. I'm just a passenger on this trip. I've gone there the last 2 years in a row and lets just say a shitty shooter can get a limit.

Never Satisfied
08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I already got my limit j/k:crossx: :crossx: . I just need to walk out my front door and go hunting in my almond trees where they are flying around by the hundreds :D . So i guess i'll just go to the river for labor day and go hunting when i get home :crossx: !!!
Blow off the river and come over and we'll BBQ in the backyard, the girls can bring us icy cold drinks and we can sit the the recliner patio chairs and shoot them out of my back yard! Just an option since you realllllly want to go that weekend! :crossx:

Old Man Havasu
08-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Blow off the river and come over and we'll BBQ in the backyard, the girls can bring us icy cold drinks and we can sit the the recliner patio chairs and shoot them out of my back yard! Just an option since you realllllly want to go that weekend! :crossx:
Do you still have the pheasant hunt in Pixley every year? I'm looking for invite!
What are you cooking? Are you famialiar with the Sanger Tri-tip barrel?

havasu5150
08-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Havn't hunted Dove n 20+ years. Back in the day I dated a girl whose family owned a ranch on the river in Blythe. Hunted for 2 hours or so in the am......then spent the rest of the day chasing drunken hunters out of the Alphalfa fields. Had more fun doing the latter. :p

Phat Matt
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
And he has 75 MAGNUM shells? No wonder those birds are heading for teriyaki stew. :p
I will be in Hinckley (North Edwards AFB Cali) on Friday for a wide open shoot and on the south side of Havasu for the holiday. Where ever my golf cart can get me to. Two more weeks before therapy for the broken leg.
Look out quail! I will be ready! :D
They aren't magnum shells.

Phat Matt
08-27-2006, 09:19 PM
It's a Beretta 391 Extrema 12 guage.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Hunter Liggit.

Old Man Havasu
08-28-2006, 05:55 AM
They aren't magnum shells.
It was supposed to be a humerous comment.

boxscore
08-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Need a hunter safety course cert. or a licsence from a prior year to get one in Ca.
If I say I can't locate the cert., can I just sign an affidavit? Or are those days of doing that long gone?

Phat Matt
08-28-2006, 08:36 AM
It was supposed to be a humerous comment.
They are slugs. That is why I need 75 of them. :)

Old Man Havasu
08-28-2006, 08:43 AM
They are slugs. That is why I need 75 of them. :)
Wow and in .410 to boot! I am impressed! :eek:

79Challenger
08-28-2006, 09:35 AM
If I say I can't locate the cert., can I just sign an affidavit? Or are those days of doing that long gone?
The Wal Mart by my house took my word for it.

djunkie
08-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Depends where you go. Sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. Its kinda weird though. I went to a Big 5 Sporting goods by my house to get mine. The girl at the counter asked to see mine. But when she gave me the license she didn't even have me fill it out in front of her. I could have given it to anyone. Some people are clueless I guess.

Phat Matt
08-31-2006, 06:16 PM
good luck

djunkie
09-01-2006, 11:51 PM
good luck
I didn't need luck. We killed em. :crossx: :crossx:

david_396
09-02-2006, 06:22 AM
If you hunt out of state, you will need a copy of your hunter safety course certificate to obtain an out of state licence.

djunkie
09-02-2006, 10:34 AM
If you hunt out of state, you will need a copy of your hunter safety course certificate to obtain an out of state licence.
Not in AZ. LAst year I did it online for an Az. license and they didn't want anything except for my money.
And now that I think of it I didn't need to show one either for my license I get when I go to Nebraska.

CBadDad
09-02-2006, 09:17 PM
For wht its worth.
Don't need one in SoDak nor have I ever been asked for one when I get my license to hunt CRIT land either.
BTW, my SoDak guide came out here for the dove opener and all he had to show was his SoDak license to get a CA non-resident.

Kindsvater Flat
09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Hunting was great here. The kid, 2 nephews, bro inlaw, and 1 friend all limited out in about an hour.
This might have something to do with it. Just harvested the safflower in front of the house last weekend. :D
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscfarm/tay.JPG
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Harvester%20008.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
09-02-2006, 11:13 PM
I have not even gotten my hunting lic this year.... :cry:
I did buy a new "duck boat" :crossx: I am kind of hooked on quak. :)