PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists & Airplanes - WTF!!

Richie Rich
08-25-2006, 10:57 AM
So I'm at work sitting at my desk watching the Fox News Channel because they have the hottest female anchors and they just broke two stories in the last hour:
1. A plane diverted to Maine because of a bomb threat.
2. A college student reportedly boarded a plane with dynamite in his carry-on bag.
Is it just me or are these reports becoming everyday common events??

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Sure seems like is becoming a daily event.

doesitfloat?
08-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Get used to it. Remember when a school shooting was a huge national story...now it's commonplace.
Same thing with terrorism...our kids will never know any differently.

Holland
08-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Get used to it. Remember when a school shooting was a huge national story...now it's commonplace.
Same thing with terrorism...our kids will never know any differently.
That is a crappy thought...

boxscore
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
So I'm at work sitting at my desk watching the Fox News Channel because they have the hottest female anchors and they just broke two stories in the last hour:
1. A plane diverted to Maine because of a bomb threat.
2. A college student reportedly boarded a plane with dynamite in his carry-on bag.
Is it just me or are these reports becoming everyday common events??
Which news anchor is that? Cuz Jane Skinner has had me in a twist for years.

MrsSigEpMock
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Frat initiation??? :idea: I really believe that anyone with serious intentios would not be caught if they make it far enought to get on the plane. Unfortunately, I really feel they would complete their mission.
It's the A-holes that have screws just loose enough in their heads to inconvinence everyone else, that should get the frigin book thrown at them.

centerhill condor
08-25-2006, 11:15 AM
outcome based education!

Richie Rich
08-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Which news anchor is that? Cuz Jane Skinner has had me in a twist for years.
Dayside with co-host Juliet Huddy. Sombody should put up a pic of her in a thong on that hot chicks thread that was making the rounds a few days ago. :)

Warfstain79
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
We're making it easier for the Arabs to get away with this stuff.
I work in the aviation industry. We're not allowed to racial profile because of law suits.
When I was flying for a regional airline, an Arab was praying outloud and told a passenger that no one on this flight will be going to heaven.
My Captain and I threw him off the airplane. Of course he sued for Racial Profiling.
This last week I was on 4 commercial airline flights. All of them, TSA now does a random passenger check seconds prior to boarding.
PHX-MDW they searched 4 white women, 2 girls were about 10 and 13 yrs old. They didn't look at one Arab. There was about 6 Arabs on that flight. Why? Because white women are statistically less likely to argue or put up a fight about what is going on.
MDW-PHX. TSA searhed EVERYONES carry on bags, BUT the one Arab lady who was all covered up in rags. One black lady noticed it, and called out the TSA agent on it. That TSA agent avoided the arguement by putting her walking talking to her ear, and walked quickly to another gate.
PHX-LAS - I had no carry on bags with me seeing that I checked everything. They pulled me into their glass room to look at my new shoes because they were "suspicious" looking. I asked him was so "suspicious looking" about them. "Was it because the laces were tied? IS it because they're new shoes and they're clean?" No Answer, just told take my shoes off.
While I was in there, they brought a Captain in there to randomly search him. I looked at the female agent that brought him in. I looked at her ans said "You're searching a pilot? He has more security clearance than you do! You guys are taking this power trip too far!" The Captain waited till the TSA Supervisor got there, and then he was never searched.
LAS - HII....No problems seeing I was one of 2 people on the flight.

boxscore
Dayside with co-host Juliet Huddy. Sombody should put up a pic of her in a thong on that hot chicks thread that was making the rounds a few days ago. :)
This gal?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/129015_21_350_huddy_juliet.jpg

doesitfloat?
That is a crappy thought...
Okay, sorry for the dose of reality.
How 'bout this:
The WTC buildings are still standing.
2,500+ soldiers have NOT died in Iraq.
Iran and N Korea are NOT building Nuclear weapons.
Ashlee Simpson DOES have talent.
Here's your flower...Kumbayah! :rollside:

boxscore
08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
OK.. not the greatest shot of Skinner... but trust me... I've held her photo up with one hand for years.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/129014_21_350_skinner_jane_2006.jpg

Richie Rich
08-25-2006, 11:31 AM
This gal?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/129015_21_350_huddy_juliet.jpg
She looks better on my TV than in that picture but yeah, given the chance, I'd hit it!!

desertbird
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Off subject, but here is a site for you Richey. 66 pages of Juliet Huddy Video Captures. There's probably even an upskirt in there for ya! :crossx:
Juliette Huddy (http://www.kapturedforyou.com/huddy/huddy.html)

Richie Rich
08-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Off subject, but here is a site for you Richey. 66 pages of Juliet Huddy Video Captures. There's probably even an upskirt in there for ya! :crossx:
Juliette Huddy (http://www.kapturedforyou.com/huddy/huddy.html)
Thanks. I feel like an official member of the ***boat.com family now.

desertbird
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
I "googled" for images and came up with this guy's website. He seems to be infatuated with New Anchors!

Debbolas
08-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Then they had that one flight that was sent back to the Netherlands airport because all these Arab passengers started passing out cell phones as soon as the plane took off.
:(
and the poor guy that was traveling with his mom. I guess he had a penis enlarger and instead of declaring it (in front of his mom) he just said it was a bomb :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
http://cbs2.com/national/topstories_story_237134902.html
An American Airlines flight from England to Chicago was forced to land here Friday for security reasons, and a U.S. Airways jet was diverted to Oklahoma City after a federal air marshal subdued a passenger who was involved in an incident with a flight attendant, officials said.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Arlene Murray said American Airlines Flight 55 out of Manchester was diverted to Bangor for security reasons but would not elaborate. FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz also declined to discuss the nature of the problem.
"We're responding to determine the cause of the diversion. It's going to take a number of hours for passengers to be interviewed," Marcinkiewicz said.
The Boeing 767 carrying 167 passengers and 12 crew members was diverted at the request of the Transportation Security Administration, airline spokesman John Hotard said.
"Nothing is wrong. We will put a new crew on it, and the flight will continue to Chicago," Hotard said. "The TSA had a security concern about the flight, and the concern has been addressed."
A TSA spokeswoman said the agency was preparing a statement.
Hotard declined to say whether any passengers were removed from the flight, but said the flight crew needed to be changed because of restrictions on how many hours they can work.
At Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport, law enforcement officers were questioning the passenger involved in the incident that led to the diversion of the U.S. Airways flight, airline spokesman Morgan Durrant said. The Charlotte, N.C.-bound flight had left Phoenix at 6:15 a.m.
Durrant did not disclose the nature of the problem between the passenger and the flight attendant. Officials at the airport and the FBI did not immediately return telephone calls.
A passenger interviewed by a television station said an air marshal tackled the man, but that it wasn't clear what prompted the incident.
The Airbus A321 was to resume its flight to Charlotte, Durrant said. There were 141 people on board, including crew members.

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 03:16 PM
http://cbs2.com/national/topstories_story_237145453.html
A stick of dynamite was found in a college student's checked luggage on a Continental Airlines flight from Argentina, authorities said, in one of six security incidents Friday affecting U.S. flights.
Federal authorities were investigating why the student, who got off the Continental plane in Houston before it continued to Newark, N.J., had the explosive, FBI spokeswoman Shauna Dunlap said. She said the student did not appear to be connected to terrorism.
Houston Fire Department Assistant Chief Omero Longoria said the man told authorities he works in mining and often handles explosives. Longoria said federal officials were investigating whether the explanation was true.

mickeyfinn
08-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay, sorry for the dose of reality.
How 'bout this:
The WTC buildings are still standing.
2,500+ soldiers have NOT died in Iraq.
Iran and N Korea are NOT building Nuclear weapons.
Ashlee Simpson DOES have talent.
Here's your flower...Kumbayah! :rollside:
I am a den leader for my son's cub scout pack. Scout rules say that a child can not sleep in the same tent as an adult who is not their parent or legal guardian. If we have an overniter and a kid's parent can not go the child has to sleep in a tent by their self or w/another child. 30 years ago people were told something like "for your chil's safety he will have to sleep with another child and his parent",now we have to tell them "for your child's safety he will have to sleep alone or with another child. Sad statement about our society today.

doesitfloat?
08-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I am a den leader for my son's cub scout pack. Scout rules say that a child can not sleep in the same tent as an adult who is not their parent or legal guardian. If we have an overniter and a kid's parent can not go the child has to sleep in a tent by their self or w/another child. 30 years ago people were told something like "for your chil's safety he will have to sleep with another child and his parent",now we have to tell them "for your child's safety he will have to sleep alone or with another child. Sad statement about our society today.
Yep, I coach girls soccer: 5's,6's, 7's, and now 8 & 9 year olds. These are some of the sweetest little girls but I have to be sooo careful NOT to be around any of them alone or hug them when they're hurt, etc.
I feel like I'm constantly under surveillance because of the liability.