PDA

View Full Version : Esclades??????/

mmered8299
08-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Been thinking about buying one this weekend. Does anyone have any thoughts on this SUV? They are pricing out at 50K -60K here in Vegas. I like the 375hp.

djunkie
08-25-2006, 01:05 PM
50-60k for a Tahoe with a woodgrain Dash? Ouch.

mbrown2
08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
50-60k for a Tahoe with a woodgrain Dash? Ouch.
Hands downs Escalade looks much nicer....and much nicer engine.....IMO....
There is a reason you don't see Tahoe's on RAP Videos....but you sure see a lot in front of schools and soccer practice....:)....exclusivity costs...

NOTALENT
Not to mention they have had horrible crash ratings.... :220v:

USCFAN
Seem to be pretty nice vehicles. I have a friend who bought one about a month back and he loves it. But I thought they were over 400HP..

djunkie
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
There is a reason you don't see Tahoe's on RAP Videos....but you sure see a lot in front of schools and soccer practice....:)....exclusivity costs...
I know. I was only Joshing him. They are very nice vehicles. :crossx:

NOTALENT
08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Seem to be pretty nice vehicles. I have a friend who bought one about a month back and he loves it. But I thought they were over 400HP..
403HP and 417lbs of torque.
I may retract my previous statement..I think they did better on crash tests these last 2 years.

USCFAN
08-25-2006, 01:16 PM
403HP and 417lbs of torque.
I may retract my previous statement..I think they did better on crash tests these last 2 years.
No one buys a Escalade with intentions on crashing.... :crossx:

NOTALENT
08-25-2006, 01:18 PM
No one buys a Escalade with intentions on crashing.... :crossx:
They may not intend to, but with all the shitty drivers and peeps looking to make a buck...it may happen. :crossx:

Froggystyle
08-25-2006, 01:18 PM
They are WAY nicer than the Tahoes I was looking at. Not very much more expensive either. I test drove mine this last weekend in Phoenix and was hugely impressed. It will be done for SEMA.
Really strong deals to be had right now on the 06's BTW...

Redding Rat
08-25-2006, 01:20 PM
The 2007 Escalade has a new motor 6.2 that has 403 hp with 417 ft-lbs of torque. I bought mine about 2 months ago and it has NO problem pulling my 6,000 lb boat. They also have a new smart tranny that's a 6 speed and when in the tow mode it knows when to down shift, like the Alison does on the i ton trucks.

riverracerx
08-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Just don't buy one as an investment! I took a bath on my 3 year old one.

ADDICTED
08-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I have a new 07 ESV. I lowered it 4"-6" and absolutley love it!! The reason I like it so much is becuase it is actually fast! All around good vehicle. I drive with a real heavy right foot and get 12mpg around town. My 05 D-max only ever saw 10.5. All around great vehicle!

imbndvs
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I tried to buy one from Cadillac West in Las Vegas and kept getting the run around as to when it was coming in. Had it on order for 3 months and still could not get answers, so I drove up the street and bought a Porsche Cayanne Turbo. Awsome car and with 450 hp no problem towing my boat. I think Cadillac did me a favor by giving me the run around!

squirt'nmyload
08-25-2006, 01:38 PM
exclusivity???? its only a caddy

selfmade
08-25-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a new 07 ESV. I lowered it 4"-6" and absolutley love it!! The reason I like it so much is becuase it is actually fast! All around good vehicle. I drive with a real heavy right foot and get 12mpg around town. My 05 D-max only ever saw 10.5. All around great vehicle!
Do you have any pics i would like to see it lowered

reDECKulous
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Don't ever compare a Tahoe to an Escalade

djunkie
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Don't ever compare a Tahoe to an Escalade
Why, what are you gonna do about it? :crossx: :crossx:

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Nice vehicles although not my cup of tea. I like the Lincoln Navigator.

djunkie
08-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Nice vehicles although not my cup of tea. I like the Lincoln Navigator.
Oh so your a fan of an overpriced Expedition?
I'm just kidding people :crossx: :crossx:

Jyruiz
08-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Lol.

Brady Bunch
08-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Go see CHOPPER at Towbin...... He chops dim prices yo' :D
Get yo self a CHOPPER EDITION Escalade on bags wit some 24's.....

SurfOnH20
08-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Escalade=ghetto and please dont get the 22 inch rims..Way ghetto.

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Yep. LMAO

rivercrazy
08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
YUP!

dirtracer
08-25-2006, 03:47 PM
i just bought a white 07 denali. I love it. Just put some black 24" foose wheels and im done!

Big Kahunaa
08-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Tahoe, Escalade, H2 they are all the same diferent bodies

djunkie
08-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Tahoe, Escalade, H2 they are all the same diferent bodies
How dare you? :crossx: :crossx:

Big Kahunaa
08-25-2006, 03:58 PM
eliminator, dcb same :rolleyes: :rollside:

djunkie
08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
eliminator, dcb same :rolleyes: :rollside:
LOL!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

socalmoney
08-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Might want to get some new threads with that new ride. Just joshin.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3682escalade_uniform.jpg

Big Kahunaa
08-25-2006, 04:03 PM
i talked to muck sh1t already im going to dinner with my old lady in our mountainear/explorer

socalmoney
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Top 10 Most Stolen Vehicles
1. Cadillac Escalade
2. Hummer H2
3. BMW 7L Series
4. Honda S2000 Convertible
5. Lincoln Navigator
6. Chevrolet Avalanche
7. Mercedes-Benz S-Class
8. Chevrolet Corvette
9. Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible
10. BMW X5
http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/toptens/most_stolen/vehicles.html
Wonder what your insurance will be on this ride.

SurfOnH20
08-25-2006, 04:09 PM
SoCal your right on the money (pun intended) with my thoughts :boxed:

mbrown2
08-25-2006, 05:20 PM
exclusivity???? its only a caddy
I meant compared to the Tahoe....not saying its the most exclusive SUV...

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 06:16 PM
EVERY wannabe drug dealer, pimp, aspiring rap star in the ghetto drive escaldes....
That is the number 1 car down there

squirt'nmyload
08-25-2006, 06:25 PM
EVERY wannabe drug dealer, pimp, aspiring rap star in the ghetto drive escaldes....
don't forget about the illegals who stole an identity to get one. i have to laugh when i see a brand new escalade with 24s on it sitting in the driveway of a house that has garbage bags for windows

Brian
08-25-2006, 08:36 PM
That right there is the #1 reason to NOT buy an Escalade...
If I wanted a nice gas powered luxo SUV I'd probably buy a Denali. Same nice car, no f'd up RAP/GHETTO image!
:D

squirt'nmyload
08-25-2006, 08:39 PM
i just bought a white 07 denali. I love it. Just put some black 24" foose wheels and im done!
got any pics...i got a white one and was thinking about putting white wheels on it.....but i'm interested to see what black looks like

GHT
08-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Been thinking about buying one this weekend. Does anyone have any thoughts on this SUV? They are pricing out at 50K -60K here in Vegas. I like the 375hp.
Save the money and get a loaded GMC with an Allison Tranny and the Duamax... Nice ride, good gas mileage, good mileage while towing, and Most of the same options as Escalade. My 06 D-Max w/Allison (heavy foot) 14.5 Mpg. Pulling my Kachina 13.7...
Doesn't look as Bling as an Escalade....
If interested I know someone here in Vegas that will give you a hook up..
Partner in People's GMC.. Drop a PM

mbrown2
08-25-2006, 09:49 PM
That right there is the #1 reason to NOT buy an Escalade...
If I wanted a nice gas powered luxo SUV I'd probably buy a Denali. Same nice car, no f'd up RAP/GHETTO image!
They have Denali's in Rap videos too....better stick to the Tahoe...you would not want to be associated with those types...:)
Magic's are kind of like Tahoe's; everybody has them and they are not in rap videos so u should be ok!:) :crossx: :)
For SUV's I like the Tourag V10 Diesel or the H2 Duramax Conversion....but I don't drive an SUV...

squirt'nmyload
08-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I meant compared to the Tahoe....not saying its the most exclusive SUV...
i got you...just focking with ya....if i could figure out how to put a smiley in the post i would've!!

bignet
08-25-2006, 10:07 PM
That's cuz there soo cheap, huh? :rolleyes: Hey if Snoop Dogg came out with a song called DCB...Da Chronic Baby...You know ghetto fabulous mofos's would be buying up DCBs faster than you could say, "Playa Hata.." :p I love mine, it's ghetto as hell, sittin on 24s...and they spinning ni88a they spinnin!
bignet

HCS
08-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Don't like em. GM is having too many problems.
If you buy one get rid of it when the warranty is up.

Brian
08-26-2006, 08:43 AM
They have Denali's in Rap videos too....better stick to the Tahoe...you would not want to be associated with those types...:)
Magic's are kind of like Tahoe's; everybody has them and they are not in rap videos so u should be ok!:) :crossx: :)
For SUV's I like the Tourag V10 Diesel or the H2 Duramax Conversion....but I don't drive an SUV...
Oh well, cross the Denali off the list too then...
So if everybody has Magics I guess they're like Honda Accords. So rollbar boats must be Civics then!

Froggystyle
08-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I am trying hard to think of a single person I would rather have in one of my boats than Snoop Dogg and I am coming up empty. I'll take Snoop over John Tomlinson.
I'll take Jay-Z over Bob Teague.
The ONLY culture being actually developed in America today is the Hip Hop culture. It is completely pervasive and has effected every aspect of our society, almost to a laughable degree. I think it is great. At least someone is setting trends.
When was the last time you saw anything cultural come out of any other genre in America? The only possible exception is the racing end of things, and even that trend has been set to a large degree by the import and domestic racers. Big wheels/brakes/exhaust, racing derived suspensions, "tuner" cars have invaded the Europeans as well.
Sorry folks, the days of a stink-bugged Chevelle on Pro-Tracs and 15" Weld Drag Stars are over. The classic "Hot Rod" look will retain a retro standing, as will all of these rat rods you see cropping up, but there is nothing retro about Hip Hop.
Hip Hop is so dynamic, it follows that it would evolve daily. I know that it has effected my life to a large degree. How so? The following for starters.
1) I can't imagine owning a wheel smaller than 20". They look ridiculous today on a vehicle. I am suprised it took this long to see them grow. The best thing about it is, brakes have gotten a lot bigger too. My new Escalade is going to have 15" rotors and six piston calipers. Try that with 15's.
2) I love chrome. Always have. Now there is more chrome stuff to be had.
3) The stereo systems I have always craved and demanded in my vehicles are now commonplace and accepted. Subs, amps and video are the norm now. Awesome!
4) A greater emphasis has been placed on music and the muscial culture. I am all about that. It has always been the #1 driving force in my life, I love to see the cultures built up around it, whether I like the music or not.
5) A LOT of money is spent per year in this culture. More emphasis on the finer things, the best things, the shinier things means more market for the best. That, is music to my ears.
6) The Hip-Hop culture is decidedly self-supporting. If someone from within that culture innovates, the culture adopts it. Even if only for a brief period. We should be so lucky. Somone innovates in the Hot Boat culture, it is only a matter of time until somone else "splashes" it and builds it cheaper. We tend to reward the lower priced competitor instead of the innovator. I have fought to buck that myself, but see it happen every day. You don't see anyone representing with pseudo Roca Wear though.... I guess the same doesn't follow for the imitators in the purse world, but the peeps that carry "swap meet Louis" are known for it and placed way further down the pecking order than those with the real gear.
I have a million of these. Like I said, I am just glad someone is setting some trends these days...

USCFAN
08-26-2006, 09:55 AM
That's cuz there soo cheap, huh? :rolleyes: Hey if Snoop Dogg came out with a song called DCB...Da Chronic Baby...You know ghetto fabulous mofos's would be buying up DCBs faster than you could say, "Playa Hata.." :p I love mine, it's ghetto as hell, sittin on 24s...and they spinning ni88a they spinnin!
bignet
LMAO...

mbrown2
08-26-2006, 09:58 AM
So if everybody has Magics I guess they're like Honda Accords. So rollbar boats must be Civics then!
Pretty much, but quieter then the Ricer Civics until I put the Coffee Can exhaust on the BU..:)

GoCiggie31
08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Really strong deals to be had right now on the 06's BTW...
Can we say Sell Down-price wars-a-coming on 06's.
the deals will get really strong on 06's during their sell down(this qtr).
You may ask about demos/service loaners at dlrs/they may have them already pimped-out and you can save big coin and still have a warranty left. Usually demo/service loaners are best deal in house because any back-end money on new can be passed on to the demo saving you big bucks-remember its a depreciating asset which sucks.
What ever you do, if you plan to keep it past the warranty limit- buy the extended FACTORY (gmpp) extended warranty-you may need if if you tow much. If you sell it early, you can recoupe prorated amount.

Kilrtoy
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
bignet
I would sell mine and buy a carrera deckboat

AZKC
08-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Dam G, don't hate. Its hard bein a Pimp :boxed: Yo. Camber it up fo sho :skull:
http://www.streetgangs.com/gallery/shaquille/photos/photo2.jpg

3 daytona`s
08-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I am trying hard to think of a single person I would rather have in one of my boats than Snoop Dogg and I am coming up empty. I'll take Snoop over John Tomlinson.
I'll take Jay-Z over Bob Teague.
The ONLY culture being actually developed in America today is the Hip Hop culture. It is completely pervasive and has effected every aspect of our society, almost to a laughable degree. I think it is great. At least someone is setting trends.
When was the last time you saw anything cultural come out of any other genre in America? The only possible exception is the racing end of things, and even that trend has been set to a large degree by the import and domestic racers. Big wheels/brakes/exhaust, racing derived suspensions, "tuner" cars have invaded the Europeans as well.
Sorry folks, the days of a stink-bugged Chevelle on Pro-Tracs and 15" Weld Drag Stars are over. The classic "Hot Rod" look will retain a retro standing, as will all of these rat rods you see cropping up, but there is nothing retro about Hip Hop.
Hip Hop is so dynamic, it follows that it would evolve daily. I know that it has effected my life to a large degree. How so? The following for starters.
1) I can't imagine owning a wheel smaller than 20". They look ridiculous today on a vehicle. I am suprised it took this long to see them grow. The best thing about it is, brakes have gotten a lot bigger too. My new Escalade is going to have 15" rotors and six piston calipers. Try that with 15's.
2) I love chrome. Always have. Now there is more chrome stuff to be had.
3) The stereo systems I have always craved and demanded in my vehicles are now commonplace and accepted. Subs, amps and video are the norm now. Awesome!
4) A greater emphasis has been placed on music and the muscial culture. I am all about that. It has always been the #1 driving force in my life, I love to see the cultures built up around it, whether I like the music or not.
5) A LOT of money is spent per year in this culture. More emphasis on the finer things, the best things, the shinier things means more market for the best. That, is music to my ears.
6) The Hip-Hop culture is decidedly self-supporting. If someone from within that culture innovates, the culture adopts it. Even if only for a brief period. We should be so lucky. Somone innovates in the Hot Boat culture, it is only a matter of time until somone else "splashes" it and builds it cheaper. We tend to reward the lower priced competitor instead of the innovator. I have fought to buck that myself, but see it happen every day. You don't see anyone representing with pseudo Roca Wear though.... I guess the same doesn't follow for the imitators in the purse world, but the peeps that carry "swap meet Louis" are known for it and placed way further down the pecking order than those with the real gear.
I have a million of these. Like I said, I am just glad someone is setting some trends these days...
I think the resin fumes from boat shop have totally messed with you.Open a window get fresh air in immediatley. :rolleyes:

Brian
08-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I think Froggy has somehow confused progression of technology with ghetto style...

YeLLowBoaT
08-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I think Froggy has somehow confused progression of technology with ghetto style...
LMAO

Brian
08-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Dam G, don't hate. Its hard bein a Pimp :boxed: Yo. Camber it up fo sho :skull:
http://www.streetgangs.com/gallery/shaquille/photos/photo2.jpg
Hey Kev that'd look real sharp stuck about halfway down Fish Creek Hill...
:rollside:

3 daytona`s
08-26-2006, 09:24 PM
I have got to tell you of all the posts I`ve read on here,which makes one really shake their head this one is near the top.I can`t tell you how many e-mails and PM`s there have been on the subject.Hey if we come for a test ride can we skip the Snoop Dog ride along?

Brian
08-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I have got to tell you of all the posts I`ve read on here,which makes one really shake their head this one is near the top.I can`t tell you how many e-mails and PM`s there have been on the subject.Hey if we come for a test ride can we skip the Snoop Dog ride along?
It's all in fun. Lots of different styles reflected on the board here and we all have our own outlook. Not sure what you're asking though...
:cool:

3 daytona`s
08-26-2006, 10:08 PM
It's all in fun. Lots of different styles reflected on the board here and we all have our own outlook. Not sure what you're asking though...
:cool: I feel many will agree that the Barett-Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale is the gauge where the market is and going.I have to say it`s odd the old MUSCLE CARS are going for unbelievable prices.The "Custom bikes" sell for a fraction of what they originally sold for.I try to watch it when can I have yet to see a "LOW RIDER" or any thing close cross the stage and anyone in the audience who would buy one. I will admit this is just my opinion,but I guess 10 years from now we`ll see where a BUG STAINED Chevelle is going for and a LOW RIDING ESCALADE is worth? Just one more question,is the betting window open?

Brian
08-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I feel many will agree that the Barett-Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale is the gauge where the market is and going.I have to say it`s odd the old MUSCLE CARS are going for unbelievable prices.The "Custom bikes" sell for a fraction of what they originally sold for.I try to watch it when can I have yet to see a "LOW RIDER" or any thing close cross the stage and anyone in the audience who would buy one. I will admit this is just my opinion,but I guess 10 years from now we`ll see where a BUG STAINED Chevelle is going for and a LOW RIDING ESCALADE is worth? Just one more question,is the betting window open?
3D - I'm thinking we're on the same page here just not communicating... Could be I've had too much to drink tonight though! :D
My comments were really meant to say that advancing technology is driving the changes in the automotive styles, not any particular cultural influence. Big brakes, big wheels, low pro tires have been developing in the racing and high performance circles for a long time, years before the "rap" culture got ahold of it. I would say that modern "style" is just an imitation of the "function" that has been in racing for years. Same goes for stereo/video systems. Gearheads and car freaks have been putting big systems in cars for as long as the hardware has been available. My first exposure to a serious car stereo was in 1985 in a friend's Supra that had multiple amps, subs, and lots of high end equipment - sounded bitchen and way beyond anything I had heard at the time. If I'm not mistaken that was a few years before the rap and/or hiphop culture really took off. All I'm saying is that to give credit for automotive advances to cultural influences is a bit of a stretch, or maybe a lot of a stretch.
And yes, I think slammed 4x4s on super low-pro tires look pretty silly. For anyone who has seen the movie "Cars", I love the last scene where the old army jeep is conducting "SUV boot camp". One car (an Escalade or similar) is heard to say "I've never been off road," and another (an H2) "oh man, I don't wanna get my rims dirty"...

mbrown2
08-26-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't believe Barett Jackson is a guage for the Market....it is a car auction for collectors the same as Sothesby's is for the finer things in life...
Althought some of the stuff there might cause car makers rethink their retro initiatives it is definitely not indicative of what is mainstream or the next trend..
Mainstream is SUV's on big rims, lifted trucks on big rims, and imports on big rims.....You don't see any of those at Barett Jackson however you will see them at SEMA and CES where trends do get set....in addition the mainstream cars make up the majority of aftermarket sales in electronics, wheels, tires, and suspension...
It might not be your cup of tea, but it is for the majority of people out there as far as aftermarket goes..

RP2
08-27-2006, 06:54 AM
So true.... along with Navigators.

Froggystyle
08-27-2006, 08:16 AM
I feel many will agree that the Barett-Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale is the gauge where the market is and going.I have to say it`s odd the old MUSCLE CARS are going for unbelievable prices.The "Custom bikes" sell for a fraction of what they originally sold for.I try to watch it when can I have yet to see a "LOW RIDER" or any thing close cross the stage and anyone in the audience who would buy one. I will admit this is just my opinion,but I guess 10 years from now we`ll see where a BUG STAINED Chevelle is going for and a LOW RIDING ESCALADE is worth? Just one more question,is the betting window open?
I don't care what it is worth in ten years. I will be selling it in four. I didn't say "bug stained" either. I said "stink bugged" as in the ass in the air with hi-jacker rear suspension.
Why don't you take a look at what 1965 Impalas are going for right now tricked out.
Ghetto fabulous is here for good. Like I said, love it or hate it, it is one of the only cultures being propagated right now. A thirty year old musclecar is not culture, it is history. Any way you look at it.
BTW, all of the cool hot rod camaros I have seen have been rolling 20's lately.

Froggystyle
08-27-2006, 08:24 AM
My comments were really meant to say that advancing technology is driving the changes in the automotive styles, not any particular cultural influence. Big brakes, big wheels, low pro tires have been developing in the racing and high performance circles for a long time, years before the "rap" culture got ahold of it.
The first 20" rim I ever saw was on a rappers truck. Prior to that, I had never seen a "dub" on any race car I have ever been around. The largest rims I had seen for a while were a set of three piece 17's on a high-performance BMW my dad had. The Corvette, well after the big wheel boom started coming with 18's in back and now 19's.
Essentially, the demand for larger tires has allowed the industry to respond. Nobody needed 20" plus rims for any kind of racing purposes, so no tire manufacturers were going to spend the far larger amount of money neccessary to build tires for them. Once the hip hop culture took off, the market for 20" rims increased, and tire manufacturers started answering the call.
Anyone who doesn't agree can feel free to step in and show me another American culture being propagated right now. I have put a lot of thought into this, and other than the hip hop influences in styling, language etc... I am coming up without much.
And 3D, the answer is yes. I will schedule you and Snoop for different days.

3 daytona`s
08-27-2006, 09:04 AM
The first 20" rim I ever saw was on a rappers truck. Prior to that, I had never seen a "dub" on any race car I have ever been around. The largest rims I had seen for a while were a set of three piece 17's on a high-performance BMW my dad had. The Corvette, well after the big wheel boom started coming with 18's in back and now 19's.
Essentially, the demand for larger tires has allowed the industry to respond. Nobody needed 20" plus rims for any kind of racing purposes, so no tire manufacturers were going to spend the far larger amount of money neccessary to build tires for them. Once the hip hop culture took off, the market for 20" rims increased, and tire manufacturers started answering the call.
Anyone who doesn't agree can feel free to step in and show me another American culture being propagated right now. I have put a lot of thought into this, and other than the hip hop influences in styling, language etc... I am coming up without much.
:)

roostwear
08-27-2006, 09:23 AM
With all due respects, another perspective on what "cultures" are.
Why don't you take a look at what 1965 Impalas are going for right now tricked out.
Impalas are a niche car and hardly anything to base a valuation upon. They are (and have been for decades) the favorite of lowriders and hold the most value in that niche
Ghetto fabulous is here for good. Like I said, love it or hate it, it is one of the only cultures being propagated right now. A thirty year old musclecar is not culture, it is history. Any way you look at it.
The way I look at it, these are not "cultures", they are simply fads. As the mainstream tries to adopt the look, it will merely move into another "culture" that is different and sets a vehicle apart from the rest.
BTW, all of the cool hot rod camaros I have seen have been rolling 20's lately.
There's a real original look. Looks like crap, and does a dis-service to the design and flow of classic cars. The proportion of wheel to wheelwell is off and cartoonish. Newer cars that are designed for larger wheels have a better proportion between wheels and wheelwells.
As always, these are just my opinions, and people are going to build what they think looks good. Taste in design is no different than taste in any other area..... it's governed by what the majority feel is appealing. Kinda explains why you see 6" wide whitewall tires mounted on 8" wide wheels on Impalas.....

wsuwrhr
08-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Kinda explains why you see 6" wide whitewall tires mounted on 8" wide wheels on Impalas.....
Now that is something to see. If you have never seen it done, it is an experience.
Anyone got any ether?
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Big brakes, big wheels, low pro tires have been developing in the racing and high performance circles for a long time, years before the "rap" culture got ahold of it. I would say that modern "style" is just an imitation of the "function" that has been in racing for years.
Big wheels, big brakes, yes.
Are any race cars are using a wheel larger than 18"?
Can Am, F1, Indy?
Drifting maybe.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I can't wait until Nascar is rollin' on 22's.
Won't that be sweet.
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-27-2006, 09:59 AM
I gotta agree on all points.
I remember when we built the first molds for 20" wheels around '98 or '99 sometime, I never thought it would take off like it did.
At that time, few cars even looked good with wheels that big. Automakers caught up, now it is a different story.
We rented a Dodge Magnum last weekend and it looked silly with the stock wheels, maybe 16-17's. That car needs 20's to look "right". Ten years ago, it wouldn't even have been possible.
Brian

bignet
08-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I would sell mine and buy a carrera deckboat
That' why we love you Miguel....always making jokes! :p
See you in Labor Day
bignet

Wicky
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
I guess that is why they are nearly the most stolen vehicle on the streets today!!!! Yuk!!! Don't forget the 30" wheels...YO what up G?
Nigga palease!!! Homey don't play dat!! Rollin hard....in Boise!! Where's my welfare check??

Wicky
08-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Funny thing....I'll pull over and help ANYONE broken down on the side of the rode EXCEPT for a 4wd suv/truck with BIG DUMB rims on it. I guess that's why I don't drive throught the GHETTO!!!!!!LMAO!!! It's kind of like putting a bra on a 4x4 or a jock strap on a chicks pussy!!!

sleekcraft137
08-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't mind the Esclade's (not for me though) But I think it's all in who's driving it. I know a guy in cali who has one with the phat rim's and all, but his little yuppie white christian wife drive's it around with her 2 kids, looks kinda weird. It kind of looks like a guy in a suit and tie driving a cement truck....Just dosen't look right!

Wicky
08-27-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't mind the Esclade's (not for me though) But I think it's all in who's driving it. I know a guy in cali who has one with the phat rim's and all, but his little yuppie white christian wife drive's it around with her 2 kids, looks kinda weird. It kind of looks like a guy in a suit and tie driving a cement truck....Just dosen't look right!
One of my very best friends drives one too. It even has a satelite dish on top of it. He's a CPA living in Claremont. I tease him about it too!! Just doesn't look right.

sleekcraft137
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
One of my very best friends drives one too. It even has a satelite dish on top of it. He's a CPA living in Claremont. I tease him about it too!! Just doesn't look right.
LOL.....Hey your in Boise too?? Cool I thought I was the only one from HB out here.

Brian
08-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Big wheels, big brakes, yes.
Are any race cars are using a wheel larger than 18"?
Can Am, F1, Indy?
Drifting maybe.
Brian
A lot of the series like F1, champ cars, NASCAR etc have pretty strict rules about specific sizes that must be used. Sports car classes have more freedom to use low profile tire/wheel combinations but most of the cars are not big enough to need anything more than 18"/19" or so, which also seems to be a common size for street exotics as well.

Froggystyle
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
A lot of the series like F1, champ cars, NASCAR etc have pretty strict rules about specific sizes that must be used. Sports car classes have more freedom to use low profile tire/wheel combinations but most of the cars are not big enough to need anything more than 18"/19" or so, which also seems to be a common size for street exotics as well.
I had 19's on the Vette. Looked awesome. Big brakes went with it.

blackcloud75
08-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Caddi's SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
I once knew a guy who had put 35's on a EXT.....
HOW PHUKKING RIDICULUS IS THAT!!!!!!!!!

djunkie
08-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Caddi's SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

Wicky
08-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Caddi's SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Not if they're in the back of a Tatum hooked up to a Mendola 5sp