PDA

View Full Version : Sea Foam

CBadDad
08-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Sea Foam Fuel Additive. Have you used it?
I have over 63K miles on my diesel Excursion (7.3 PSD) and have never added an additive (and I haven't had any problems with it either). I'm getting ready to go to the river this weekend and just picked up a quart of the stuff and now I'm having second thoughts. The fuel tank is full, all I gotta do is pour it in.
What's your experience?

SOCALDETAIL1
08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Used it on my Silverado, fouled the plugs real bad, I wont use it again

RitcheyRch
08-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Have heard mixed reviews on the stuff.

SOCALDETAIL1
08-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Have heard mixed reviews on the stuff.
yea if you go on the Full Sized Chevy forums you will see all the mixed reviews. The stuff worked great it just cost me more after, then taking it to the shop to have the injectors service.

doesitfloat?
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Not the kind of product that you want to see "mixed reviews" on.
I wouldn't put anything into my tank unless it was unanimous.

Jyruiz
08-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Not the kind of product that you want to see "mixed reviews" on.
I wouldn't put anything into my tank unless it was unanimous.
Especially when you are about to make a long drive.

CBadDad
08-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Used it on my Silverado, fouled the plugs real bad, I wont use it again
Do you remember what ratio you used? How many ounces per gallon? I was just looking at their website, they've been around for 50 years.
If not Sea Foam, which product would you use or would you not use an additive.

Big Kahunaa
08-25-2006, 03:54 PM
i have had great luck with it in all of my gas motors

SOCALDETAIL1
08-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Do you remember what ratio you used? How many ounces per gallon? I was just looking at their website, they've been around for 50 years.
If not Sea Foam, which product would you use or would you not use an additive.
I sucked it up through the brake vacume line like it said on the can about 1/2 the can, then the engine dies, then you re-start black smoke like crazy. then it ran great . about a day later the problums started.

CBadDad
08-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I sucked it up through the brake vacume line like it said on the can about 1/2 the can, then the engine dies, then you re-start black smoke like crazy. then it ran great . about a day later the problums started.
:confused: I didn't see that...I was just gonna pour some in the fuel tank. Directions say about 16 oz to 25 Gallons of fuel.

cc322
08-25-2006, 04:44 PM
If it aint broke dont fix it, especially on a long trip. Now go do the right thing :rollside:

centerhill condor
08-25-2006, 04:59 PM
I've used in wet boat gas with dazzling results...really! great stuff. I think you're supposed to ad it then fill the tank. but that was for wet boat gas. good luck!

NOTALENT
08-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I put some in my gas tank and in my Throttle body, ran great no problems.. Still running strong.

LHC Kirby
08-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I have used it in my Boat, my Pinzgauer, and my kids Wave runners - and have had no problems what so ever - I use it as a stabilizer and have always gone to "high concentration range" - so, for 3 years no problems.
when I researched it - I only found good information on it . . . I will keep using it!
But none of my stuff is a Diesel.

Tom Brown
08-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I used it and it improved my fuel mileage by 15 mpg. Also, my car has way more power now. I can turn the rear tires into thread bare carcasses with the tap of a toe and it used to bog and die when I'd pull away from stop lights. The stereo sounds better now too. Highly recommended!

HCS
08-25-2006, 09:29 PM
I used it and it improved my fuel mileage by 15 mpg. Also, my car has way more power now. I can turn the rear tires into thread bare carcasses with the tap of a toe and it used to bog and die when I'd pull away from stop lights. The stereo sounds better now too. Highly recommended!
You need to get with it. Who was your best blow job? :p

CBadDad
08-26-2006, 07:12 AM
If it aint broke dont fix it, especially on a long trip. Now go do the right thing :rollside:
Best advice you'll ever here.:D From a diesel mechanics stand point, i wouldn't add anything. I dont know about the smaller engines as I work on class 8 and offroad equipment but on the larger stuff the manufactures(ex. cummins, cat, detroit) all say to NOT use additives. just my .02:D
We don't put anything into the apparatus at work, so this makes sense.
Right on, nothing goes in today.
I'm outta here! :cool:

LHC Kirby
08-26-2006, 09:29 PM
i wouldn't add anything.
What about parking the boat for 3-4 months? no additive for stabilization?

PACKINAIR
08-26-2006, 09:34 PM
used it 2x, once in my vette after it developed a "hunt" smoked like a MOFO for a bit then was great. then in my rover with a rough idle,fixed that also love the stuff

AZKC
08-26-2006, 09:39 PM
It's a cleaner :idea:

3 daytona`s
08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
I never believed in the instant cure deal.A friend who I really trust and who has a huge operation convinced me to try.Lucas Fuel Conditioner is awesome It is for Gas,Diesel,injected the real deal.I recall the first time I used it several years ago,could tell within 10 miles the difference.

OCMerrill
08-27-2006, 06:46 AM
I use Lucas in my Isuzu NPR's as a fuel lubricant. No injector pump problems and lots of miles on them. Have used it for the past 5 years. The manual says no additives in fuel and never run syn. oil. I also run Delvac 1300 full syn for the past 5 years as well.
Sea Foam I have used one time and only for a run-on problem with my motorhome generator. There was so much carbon build up on the piston that the starter motor could barley turn it over and it would diesel when shut-off.
That stuff cured it all but wat a MAJOR mess with all the black liquid stuff blowing out the exhaust and tons of smoke. It took three spark plugs to clean it up after as well. This is a single cylinder Onan.
I would be scared to death to run it in my Yukon or 2500HD.

RitcheyRch
08-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Lucas does make good products.

OCMerrill
08-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Lucas does make good products.
I see now that Lucas is making Syn. Oil for sale on the retail level now. It used to be only on the race level.
Saw it at Pep Boys @ 7.99 qt.
I agree this company puts out good products. As long as they dont come out with a car care line....

RitcheyRch
08-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I saw the synthetic oil line as well at the local Pep Boys. Glad to see they finally making it available to the general public.
I see now that Lucas is making Syn. Oil for sale on the retail level now. It used to be only on the race level.
Saw it at Pep Boys @ 7.99 qt.
I agree this company puts out good products. As long as they dont come out with a car care line....

eliminator1974
08-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I have used lucas in my all of my diesels and gas trucks for six years and have put about 1 million miles on them in the last six years and have never had any fuel problems or injector problems :argue:

INSman
08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
I tried the latest and greatest product this past few weeks towing to Powell, then back to Havasu and then back home. Had very good results as did my buddy in his Powerstroke that was not towing and could not believe the immediate increase in performance and mileage.

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Which product did you use?
I tried the latest and greatest product this past few weeks towing to Powell, then back to Havasu and then back home. Had very good results as did my buddy in his Powerstroke that was not towing and could not believe the immediate increase in performance and mileage.

INSman
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Which product did you use?
I'll try to post some info on the product later today..

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Sounds good.
I'll try to post some info on the product later today..

INSman
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Sounds good.
Here is the link to the product. I will be a distributor (part time at best) of the product and will get some samples out to people here on the boards pretty soon for some additional testimonials.
http://my.ecoenergizer.com/getstarted.php?id=bc0843

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info.
Here is the link to the product. I will be a distributor (part time at best) of the product and will get some samples out to people here on the boards pretty soon for some additional testimonials.
http://my.ecoenergizer.com/getstarted.php?id=bc0843