PDA

View Full Version : Someone HELP Please.. Impeller Question

GHT
08-25-2006, 06:59 PM
So, I start the Dalmation in the driveway. Hooked up the water to the drive start the boat and no water out of the exhaust. Water is shooting out of the front of the out drive.
- Is my impeller bad
- Am I doing something wrong (maybe?)
- How do I change and Impeller 496 HO and where is it?
- Does anyone know where I can get an impeller in Vegas tomorrow morning or Tonight?
Thanks everyone..
Don

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Sounds like the water is not getting up there....
not alot should come out of the lower when itis running

Jordy
08-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Am I doing something wrong (maybe?)
You mean aside from the Cowchina??? :D :D :D
I believe the impeller housing is on the lower left side of the engine, belt driven. You might look around and see if you can trace some water lines in and out of it to locate it. I'd venture a guess that most boat shops around V town should have a replacement impeller.

SummitKarl
08-25-2006, 07:03 PM
did you close the pick up valve?

Kilrtoy
08-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Put duct tape over the nose cone, you have two water pick ups. tHEN PUT THE WATER HOSE AND COVER BACK ON
then turn the water on hard enough, start the boat turn the motor up to about 2k.
MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS WATCHING THE WATER IN THE BACK. THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK...
iF IT IS STILL NOT WORKING THEN, YOU HAVE A BAD IMPELLER,

GHT
08-25-2006, 07:09 PM
did you close the pick up valve?
What and where is the pick up valve?

dicudmore
08-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Put duct tape over the nose cone, you have two water pick ups. tHEN PUT THE WATER HOSE AND COVER BACK ON
then turn the water on hard enough, start the boat turn the motor up to about 2k.
MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS WATCHING THE WATER IN THE BACK. THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK...
iF IT IS STILL NOT WORKING THEN, YOU HAVE A BAD IMPELLER,
good point...low water pick up on that X-drive...
also it takes several seconds (15?) before you'll see water out the exhaust

Havasu Hangin'
08-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I think it's pretty much the same as changing an impeller on a 500EFI (http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18967)?

sbcokeman
08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
if you have a bravo 1 out drive with the low water pickup the you will have to plug one of the openings duct take will work, turn water on and start motor water should come out of exhaust with in a few seconds. the water will not come out of the exhaust if the motor isn't running unless u have really high water presure. watch the water temp and make sure it doesn't over heat. if you still don't have water or the heat goes high your impeller is bad. i'm runnig a ralar motor so i don't know if the pump is in the same place, right hand ( bottom) side behind fuel pump and filter ( passenger side), if it's not there just follow the belt and look for a small pump with two big hoses on the back. :skull:

GHT
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Well..... I would like that thank everyone on HB again. All of the answers from everyone makes my subscription to HB.com worth every penny.
No, really. Thanks everyone. Here is what happened...
- Put Duct tap on the front of the out-drive turned on the water and ran up to 2k...... &... & ... It was all good... :D :D
Dudes & Dudettes... I thought I was all F'ed again.... But NOT!!!!!!! I got another one over on Fate...
Don... :D

No Name
08-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Do yourself a favor and pick up a spare impeller anyways. Mine took a crap last time I was in Havasu and I was glad I had one on hand. I was able to replace it right in the channel. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3087nerd_lg.jpg

GHT
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
get aholed of raddonkey in lv(lvhb) he wil fix it :cool: ,and put a sea strainer on it,no more SUCKN THE TRASH :cool:
Yo!! What up T&B.....? Going to Mead tomorrow... Boats already got a sea strainer... Yup... Ready to go to Catalina... Just waitin' for the next Big run over there..
D

GHT
08-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Do yourself a favor and pick up a spare impeller anyways. Mine took a crap last time I was in Havasu and I was glad I had one on hand. I was able to replace it right in the channel. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3087nerd_lg.jpg
First, I need someone to show me where it is... Then, I will get one so I can change it... And YES, I need someone to hold my hand. :cry: :)

No Name
08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
First, I need someone to show me where it is... Then, I will get one so I can change it... And YES, I need someone to hold my hand. :cry: :)
Mine is on the right lower side of the engine, it’s a 525 but I’m pretty sure that’s were they all are. Took me all of about 20 minutes.
Do you have the 496?

Parker Dreamin
08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
have a great safe trip bud.

GHT
08-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Mine is on the right lower side of the engine, it’s a 525 but I’m pretty sure that’s were they all are. Took me all of about 20 minutes.
Do you have the 496?
Yup... Ho..

GHT
08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
have a great safe trip bud.
THanks... I know it will be fun, no matter what...
Going to watch the UFC fight Sat night after boatin' all day.
:) :)
Should be a good day on Mead... Not a big fan of Mead but you just can't beat it in the month of Sept (end of Aug begining of Oct)..

No Name
08-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Yup... Ho..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/308711096_2.jpg

GHT
08-25-2006, 09:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/308711096_2.jpg
So, what do you do? Pull the belt off then the pulley? and Then the inpeller is right there?
Another words... How do I get to the impeller? I would think it is a easy as above??? At least I hope... :)

No Name
08-25-2006, 09:12 PM
So, what do you do? Pull the belt off then the pulley? and Then the inpeller is right there?
Another words... How do I get to the impeller? I would think it is a easy as above??? At least I hope... :)
You will need to remove the belt but not the pulley, also the two hoses in the back. If I remember correctly there will be five 9/16 bolts to remove the housing and the impeller just slides off. Make sure you get all the broken pieces of rubber out if it’s bad.

GHT
08-25-2006, 09:15 PM
You will need to remove the belt but not the pulley, also the two hoses in the back. If I remember correctly there will be five 9/16 bolts to remove the housing and the impeller just slides off. Make sure you get all the broken pieces of rubber out if it’s bad.
I'm printing this and putting it in my Glove box... And I'm buying another impeller for back up....
Thanks... God I love HB...
No Name when you coming out Havasu way again? Now I owe you a cocktail.. :)

No Name
08-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm printing this and putting it in my Glove box... And I'm buying another impeller for back up....
Thanks... God I love HB...
No Name when you coming out Havasu way again? Now I owe you a cocktail.. :)
Not until Sept 20th thru 25th......... I know I'm a loser. :cry:

GHT
08-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Not until Sept 20th thru 25th......... I know I'm a loser. :cry:
DAMN... Your boat might be sold by then...??? WTF?? :)

No Name
08-25-2006, 09:33 PM
DAMN... Your boat might be sold by then...??? WTF?? :)
I’m giving up on that idea, I’ve had nothing but azzholes with stupid questions and no money wanting to buy it. I've decided to run it into the ground and just sink it when I’m done with it.
Kind of like my X girlfriends. :)

GHT
08-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I’m giving up on that idea, I’ve had nothing but azzholes with stupid questions and no money wanting to buy it. I've decided to run it into the ground and just sink it when I’m done with it.
Kind of like my X girlfriends. :)
Know that's using your head.... :) Kinda what I'm thinkin' We'll do too (run it into the ground), Goin' bigger is always on my mind.. :rolleyes: