PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

CMATT21
08-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Just made my picks for the draft at noon tomorrow. This is my first time playing. Anyone here played before? I hear it makes games more exciting no matter whos playing. Any tips or advise...

TRUMP TIGHT
08-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Just made my picks for the draft at noon tomorrow. This is my first time playing. Anyone here played before? I hear it makes games more exciting no matter whos playing. Any tips or advise...
Never done it but i can see how it gives you interest in players on teams you wouldn't normally watch.

SHOTKALLIN
08-26-2006, 09:02 PM
It can also make you hate football season. Some love it. Some get a big ass headache when you are playing for money.

Tyson Ross
08-27-2006, 08:06 AM
I won the entire thing last year ($500 bucks), which was my 1st year. Got lucky w/ Priest going down as I had L.J. Definetly made watching games that you would otherwise care less about more exciting. Stressful too though. Wife hates it cause I won't leave the TV/Computer on Sundays. This year she is part owner of my team in hopes she will be a couch potato on Sundays w/me.
Good luck.

Tequila-John
08-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Our draft day is today YIPPIE!

bignet
08-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Drafting in 2 hours!! $100 buy in and 10 players makes for a lot of sh*t talkin throughout the year.
bignet

Richie Rich
08-27-2006, 11:50 AM
...and I'm in 3 leagues this year. I estimate I spend about $1000 annually between fantasy football and those "survivor leagues" where you pick a different team each week and are knocked out of the money if your team doesn't win. Te biggest hassle besides the wife complaining about the money is that I find myself becoming less of a fan of my favorite team and routing more for certain players. The real fun is in the sh!t talk that gets to go on between friends when you hang a big "L" on them.
The best advice I can give is to play attention to the info the guys give on those NFL pre-game shows. The difference between a win and a loss can often depend on a mere scrap of information that these guys get paid to research and report to the viewing public.
Good luck!!

Danhercules
08-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I am in on one this year for the first time. I learned a lot already! LOL
Hope I do well. I do have Terry Holt!!