PDA

View Full Version : Well if your insured by state farm.

YeLLowBoaT
08-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Expect your premiums to go up. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/katrina_whistleblowing_sisters)

centerhill condor
08-27-2006, 03:36 AM
and legal fees to rise also...years from now instead of calling an ambulance you'll call a lawyer. The judicial system takes delite in proving Plato wrong and Mr. Bumble right!

SHOTKALLIN
08-27-2006, 12:28 PM
More evidence of "DA MAN KEEPIN FOLKS DOWN"

ratso
08-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I hate dealing with those SOB's... They used to not be that way up until a few years ago, and now they are gonna Fu#k you out of every dollar they can and find some loophole or excuse to keep from paying on a claim. It has come to the point at my business where we will not deal with State Farm at all anymore. On the other hand, Progressive is much easier and a hell of a lot more efficient to deal with. They have an adjuster out usually within a day or two. State Farm on the other hand has taken 2 months on claims because of all the BS and arguing with them back and forth just trying to settle up. It isn't worth the stress... If you come here for a job and State Farm is your insuror, you will be sent down the road. :yuk:

Boatcop
08-27-2006, 02:36 PM
State Farm has always been screwed up.
I had them on my house for 8 years, no claims, nothing. Then a power failure (brown-out) fried the compressor/motor in the house A/C. Filed a claim for the new compressor. ($600)
A month later I received a notice that they were cancelling my my policy (mid-term) because of a faulty roof. ???????? (The roof was 8 years old, new when I bought the house) I asked them if they did an inspection, and they said they did. I asked who and when they inspected it, and they said an agent drove by the house and looked at it. (from the street)
I filed a complaint with the State Insurance Board, claiming that the cancellation was arbitrary, capricious, and without merit, since the roof hadn't been inspected by a qualified, certified building inspector.
They bowed and didn't cancel me, but when the policy period was up, they advised they weren't renewing since I hadn't had the roof inspected.
Fock them. I went with a different company, got cheaper rates, and their inspector came by and said there was nothing wrong with the roof. Matter of fact, I had the same roof for 8 more years and the only reason I did repace it, was because I built an addition, and went with a different roofing system.
State Farm Blows!

VanDeano
08-27-2006, 02:50 PM
My parents have state farm and someone broke into my dad's warehouse and stole some tools and he called state farm and the agent said it isn't worth claiming because of the value and the risk of state farm canceling you. Even though my parents have been with state farm for over 50 years and never one claim, they risked being canceled.

Hardly Satisfied
08-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I have everything with state farm and had a few small claims with them and no problems yet

Seadog
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
I have used State Farm for vehicles for 35 years and 15 on my home. I have been very happy, but recent events have me fearing the future. A lot of it is the quality of the local people, and I have been real lucky there. All the insurance companies are hurting and they are resorting to scumbag tactics. I have considered trying another company, but I doubt if it would be much better.

wolfie
08-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I have used State Farm for vehicles for 35 years and 15 on my home. I have been very happy, but recent events have me fearing the future. A lot of it is the quality of the local people, and I have been real lucky there. All the insurance companies are hurting and they are resorting to scumbag tactics. I have considered trying another company, but I doubt if it would be much better.
Had State Farm but had no help from the agent when we moved to Utah. We switched to American Family. Better coverage and lower rates. Everything gets taken care of. Might help that a few month after switching my wife got a job with them. Still, they're on top of things.

ParkerRat
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM
I have 13 policies with state farm, They are not the cheapest but I have had pretty good luck with them. The only claim I ever had was when the Filler cap came loose on one of my outdrives coming back from catalina. The Drive seized and they cut a check for $8K, no questions asked. Cant complain too much about that.

Cheap Thrills
08-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I had no complaints with State Farm when I was with them.(Auto)
Once when I filed a claim they were out there the same day and wrote a check right there on the spot.
Allstate on the other hand is a different story during the last ice storm we had , a limb broke out of this big oak beside my driveway and crushed the top in on my convertable and did some slight damage to the house.
For over 20 years we have had home owners insurance with them and this was the first claim we had ever made and they refused to pay it. I believe that all the "Good Hands" of Allstate are doing is diging in our F'ing pockets.
Farm Bureau just sent me a notice the other day stating that they were raising my rates I'm spending over $480 a year now just for bare liability on 2 vehicles and my driving record is clean.
I guess thats pretty cheap though. but who knows how much it's going to be once they raise the rates. The notice didn't give a percentage of increase, just said increase :cry:
C.T. :wink:

harddriver
08-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Everything I own is with the farm (which isn't much). :crossx: Spend over 5K a year with those rip off artists with no claims, no points, bla bla bla. No probs as of yet, but god forbid some crazy shiat goes down and they pull the crap they're doing out in Alabama. Saw a newscast on how bad the people are getting forked by all insurance companies, especially SF. Talk about free publicity. They've got their work cut out it they want to turn the negative media campaign around. I think I'll need to start shoppin.