PDA

View Full Version : Lap Top or DVD?

Itsahobby
08-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Hi All,
I just got a 1999 Suburban and want to add a dvd player for the kids. I've heard it is better to get a laptop computer. Any Pro's and Con's on either setup? And, what setup would you recommend?
Thanks for any replies,
Jerry

spectratoad
08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
I guess with the laptop they may be able to play some games as well or type their kindergarten term paper. :)

Itsahobby
08-31-2006, 11:55 AM
I was thinking it would serve 2 purposes, I could connect at the hotel and lurk on ***boat :) Can't do that with a DVD installed in the Truck :boxed:
From what it sound like, the laptop is not the way to go. Too much of a hassle taking in and out. :rolleyes:
I guess with the laptop they may be able to play some games as well or type their kindergarten term paper. :)

Brian
08-31-2006, 09:29 PM
We did the laptop thing in our previous truck. Picture was fine but the sound was weak in the noisy car environment, and my laptop is made for multi-media with stereo speakers built in. If there is a way to hook into the truck stereo then you'd be good to go.

4day!!
09-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I have a drop down dvd in my expedition with wireless headphones for the kids. It's great, but we now use my new truck to go to the lake and i ended buying each of the kids their own 7" screen protable dvd players. That way they can watch their own movies or link tthem together to watch the same movies. Headphones are a must. Another benefit of this is you can take it into the hotel room and if the tv has rca inputs you can watch a movie in your room. They can take them on the boat, airplane or wherever. You can buy them for less than a hundred bucks each.