PDA

View Full Version : Raiders_are You Kidding

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
The Raiders have signed Jeff George who hasnt taken a snap in five years. I hate the Raiders but somebody with half a brain needs to buy them away from Al Davis. This once proud and ferocious (sp) team is a joke, crap a 13 & 35 record for the last three years, get a clue, Jeff George :rolleyes: NSF

buzzaro
08-28-2006, 02:37 PM
The Raiders have signed Jeff George who hasnt taken a snap in five years. I hate the Raiders but somebody with half a brain needs to buy them away from Al Davis. This once proud and ferocious (sp) team is a joke, crap a 13 & 35 record for the last three years, get a clue, Jeff George :rolleyes: NSF
Al Davis doesnt remember the first time they had him?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

squirt'nmyload
08-28-2006, 02:37 PM
lol

Caribbean Jet
08-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I've been a Raider fan for some time now and this has broken the camels back. The Raiders suck and they couldn't make a good deal if someone offered it to them for FREE...

MayDaze
08-28-2006, 02:51 PM
I've been a Raider fan for some time now and this has broken the camels back. The Raiders suck and they couldn't make a good deal if someone offered it to them for FREE...
do you think he is actually going to play? There has to be a catch

Tyson Ross
08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Maybe he signed a 1 day contract to retire as a Raider!
He is a hall of fame QB and all..... :rolleyes:
Maybe Plunket will sign next week!

Caribbean Jet
08-28-2006, 02:59 PM
He didn't play long enough or do well enough to actually get a retirment party from them. Maybe the Raiders are just that stupid. They'll let a Hall of fame type player retire with the chiefs like Marcus Allen. Maybe it will be a sign and retire and maybe after they throw him that party he'll sign with the Patriots like Junior did :)
The Cowboys just let a good kid Quarter back go, I wish the Raiders would have picked him up.

MKEELINE
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
The only thing that makes any sense about this is that it's the Raiders. Maybe they are bringing him in for his leadership qualities :) .
GO BOLTS!!!!

dmontzsta
08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
The Raiders are 4-0 in pre-season, they will win atleast 8 games this year...watch!
GO RAIDERS!

MR HARLEY
08-28-2006, 03:37 PM
What, was Todd Marinovich busy? :)

AngryJosh
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
raiders suck

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Cant imagine them winning more than a few games. They have done well during pre-season before and sucked during regular season.

a catered life
08-28-2006, 04:01 PM
The only thing that makes any sense about this is that it's the Raiders. Maybe they are bringing him in for his leadership qualities :) .
GO BOLTS!!!!
:confused: :confused: never looked at it this way ut you may have something

a catered life
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
raiders suck :cool: sorry just my .02 :rollside:
i thought you have nothing smart ass to say? :p

JetBoatRich
08-28-2006, 04:18 PM
classic Al Davis move

a catered life
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
classic Al Davis move
hey you stay out of this :rolleyes:

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
The only hope is that they can get Andrew Walters in and he learns fast, real fast. If you think the Raiders preseason record is any indication of the regular season then you are living somewhere besides earth. NSF

a catered life
08-28-2006, 04:36 PM
hey you stay out of this too :p GO RAIDERS WIN LOSE OR DRAW

soupersonic
08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
What are you crying about,Jeff Goerge is better than Kerry Collins :D

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
hey you stay out of this too :p GO RAIDERS WIN LOSE OR DRAW
You talkin to me :D And after I restored your faith in music this is the thanks I get LOL :rolleyes: NSF

Boatcop
08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
The Raiders are my team, but I think that Al Davis has only been using them as a tax write-off for the past several years.

08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
This will be good Art Shell who cant do anything unless he
asks Al Davis and George who never follows what the coach
says

bignet
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Dude, for a guy who's team just started winning a few years ago, maybe you should give the R8Rs a break. Al Davis does need to fall out the skybox and die, I agree, but you can't call the team a joke because of one horrible signing......Besides, the superchargers decision to get rid of Brees over Rivers may be the biggest f-up in history. GO RAIDERS!

Riomouse911
08-28-2006, 08:10 PM
The Lord only knows what George will teach Brooks....I been a Raider fan since the 70's... but Al's losing it.

Kilrtoy
08-28-2006, 08:12 PM
The raiders have always done good with washed up old has beens,
YOU NEVER KNOW

lalhc
08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Comical - I hated the Raiders when they first moved to LA, and I hated them even more when they left.

MKEELINE
08-29-2006, 07:17 AM
:confused: :confused: never looked at it this way ut you may have something
Actually, I was being sarcastic. Jeff George has been a cancer everywhere he's been.
Only time will tell with Rivers, he has all the tools to be successful. Ryan Leaf was the biggest f' up move of all time.

Not So Fast
08-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Dude, for a guy who's team just started winning a few years ago, maybe you should give the R8Rs a break. Al Davis does need to fall out the skybox and die, I agree, but you can't call the team a joke because of one horrible signing......Besides, the superchargers decision to get rid of Brees over Rivers may be the biggest f-up in history. GO RAIDERS!
DUDE, read ShockWave Bobs post OK, and dont have such a hissy fit, you gotta admit this makes no sense AT ALL even if you are a raider fan. :rolleyes: NSF

bignet
08-30-2006, 08:11 PM
DUDE, read ShockWave Bobs post OK, and dont have such a hissy fit, you gotta admit this makes no sense AT ALL even if you are a raider fan. :rolleyes: NSF
NSF...not having a "hissy fit" :rolleyes: . Shoot I agree with you guys, Jeff George is a horrible horrible pick up, but Shockwave has a point, Walters has a bum shoulder, and JG is an insurance policy. Time will only tell. Hopefully,. I won't have to even see JG take a snap.
bignet

BajaMike
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM
The Lord only knows what George will teach Brooks....I been a Raider fan since the 70's... but Al's losing it.
I've been a Raider fan since the 70's too, but yea, Al's lost it years ago....the "football genius" is a "football moran", the sooner he strokes out the better for the team.
Al won't hire a real coach because a real coach won't work for that ass hole. Of course, he developed Jon Gruden into a good coach and then traded him to Tampa so they could kick the Raiders ass the following year in the Super Bowl....that's real genius, Al!!!! :idea:
:rollside:

Not So Fast
08-31-2006, 12:29 AM
NSF...not having a "hissy fit" :rolleyes: . Shoot I agree with you guys, Jeff George is a horrible horrible pick up, but Shockwave has a point, Walters has a bum shoulder, and JG is an insurance policy. Time will only tell. Hopefully,. I won't have to even see JG take a snap.
bignet
No prob Bignet :D I even used to like the Raiders back in the day (way back) but they have become sort of a joke and my point was that making a move like this was senseless. I didnt think A. Brooks was much of a move either, he's had like 5 years and done nothing so anybody expecting more than a 6&10 season is not being realistic.
As far as my Chargers JUST becoming a winner in the last few years thats just not true, have they won a super bowl, no, but a lot of teams haven't. Did they play in one of the best football games ever, HELL YES, the playoff game with Miami which they won in double overtime I believe, SWB will confirm the year and that was quite possibly the best game ever played. So just becoming a winner, naw, think back to John Hadl, Bambi, John Jefferson,Big hands Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Jr.Seau, and one of the best unheralded QB's to ever play the game, Dan Fouts and AIR CORYELL. Nope, they suffer just like any football team from up & down years but they've had plenty of winning times my freind.
And P. Rivers WILL be a good QB in time, bank on it. D. Brees was a safe QB but had a lot of bad numbers plus in todays game as said on here before, he's 5'10 at best and thats just not big enough with the size of defensive lineman today. Time will tell. Peace, NSF

soupersonic
09-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Your saved, just saw on the ticker on ESPN that Jeff George was released today.

disco_charger
09-02-2006, 07:38 PM
What, was Todd Marinovich busy? :)
Actually as of about a week and a half ago, he was back in the Orange County Jail. :)

SHOTKALLIN
09-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Does he still play for the LA Arena football team. Avengers maybe? I guess they dont drug test huh? Kinda like the NBA. Maybe they only test for some drugs.

SHOTKALLIN
09-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm a die hard RAIDER FAN. But Jeff George?

SHOTKALLIN
09-02-2006, 08:12 PM
ALAMEDA, Calif. (Sept. 2, 2006) -- Jeff George's attempted comeback into the NFL is over for now. George, who has not played in an NFL game since 2001, was among 20 players who were released or placed on injured reserve by the Oakland Raiders.
The No. 1 overall pick by Indianapolis in 1990, George signed with the Raiders last week and was with the team in Seattle for Oakland's final preseason game but did not play.
"Jeff knew that we wanted to bring him in and take a look at him for a week," Raiders coach Art Shell said. "As I said when we first brought Jeff in here, it was a precaution."
George hasn't played since 2001, when he was cut after two games with the Redskins. He was signed by Seattle as insurance midway through the 2002 season, but didn't play. Chicago signed him late in the 2004 season, but he never played for the Bears, either.
Oakland signed George on Aug. 28 because of concern over the health of backup quarterback Andrew Walter, who has been nursing a sore right shoulder. But Walter, a third-round pick in 2005, played in the preseason finale against the Seahawks and showed no lingering effects of the injury, persuading the Raiders to part ways with George.
That was a close one!!!

SHOTKALLIN
09-02-2006, 08:14 PM
We need to dump Tuiossasopo also. Thats a waste of 500K a year.

doesitfloat?
09-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Did they play in one of the best football games ever, HELL YES, the playoff game with Miami which they won in double overtime I believe, SWB will confirm the year and that was quite possibly the best game ever played.
Let me help you with that one. Being a die hard Dolphin fan, I can tell you all about that game. It WAS the best game in NFL history and it was also the biggest disappointment for me as a fin fan (even more than the Super Bowl loss).
Anyway, 1981. Kellen Winslow, Fouts, Joiner, Muncie (?), Jefferson, Bernerschke
Stout, Duhe, Tony Nathan, Blackwood brothers. 2 OT's...
ESPN replays that game all the time as a classic...I watch it still hoping it will turn out different.

Not So Fast
09-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Let me help you with that one. Being a die hard Dolphin fan, I can tell you all about that game. It WAS the best game in NFL history and it was also the biggest disappointment for me as a fin fan (even more than the Super Bowl loss).
Anyway, 1981. Kellen Winslow, Fouts, Joiner, Muncie (?), Jefferson, Bernerschke
Stout, Duhe, Tony Nathan, Blackwood brothers. 2 OT's...
ESPN replays that game all the time as a classic...I watch it still hoping it will turn out different.
Thanks Doesit; I didnt want to sayTHE BEST, but IMO it was the best. My condolences on that loss although as a Bolt fan, well you know how I felt :rolleyes: NSF

doesitfloat?
09-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks Doesit; I didnt want to sayTHE BEST, but IMO it was the best. My condolences on that loss although as a Bolt fan, well you know how I felt :rolleyes: NSF
Lol, yeah 25 years later and I'm still crying about it! Time to grow up, I guess....