PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell was traffic so bad today on the 15 and 91

lewiville
08-28-2006, 11:13 PM
motha "F ERRRRR" why the hell was traffic so fricken bad today. It took me 2 hours and 20 min to go from murrieta to the 91 and 57.
I just done get it. This is a 45 min drive "with traffic"!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Riomouse911
08-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Riverside County is famous for building tons of homes, and doing nothing for the infrastructure... Moreno Valley, 160,000 people are stuck with 2 lanes of traffic on the 60W to 215S (that actually squeeze into 1) for 15 YEARS before they work on it. I15 has 3 lanes for Temecula/Murrietta/Temescal Valley etc. 200,000 people. Look at the sterling job they allwed at "Eastvale", tons of homes with a 1 lane off ramp (until 2 months ago, now it's 2). The I15 is a crawl all day from the Cajalco exit all the way through the county to Devore. The worst freeway ever, Route 91, carries more traffic than any freeway in Ca. and it's crap all day EVERY day. Unbridled growth and a County that doesn't give a hoot...the perfect gridlock combination. :mad:

Kilrtoy
08-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Riverside County is famous for building tons of homes, and doing nothing for the infrastructure... Moreno Valley, 160,000 people are stuck with 2 lanes of traffic on the 60W to 215S (that actually squeeze into 1) for 15 YEARS before they work on it. I15 has 3 lanes for Temecula/Murrietta/Temescal Valley etc. 200,000 people. Look at the sterling job they allwed at "Eastvale", tons of homes with a 1 lane off ramp (until 2 months ago, now it's 2). The I15 is a crawl all day from the Cajalco exit all the way through the county to Devore. The worst freeway ever, Route 91, carries more traffic than any freeway in Ca. and it's crap all day EVERY day. Unbridled growth and a County that doesn't give a hoot...the perfect gridlock combination. :mad:
Sounds like horrible engineering, you should work for cal-trans and help them solve the problems , because obviously they can't or dont care...
the 405 and 101 are the busiesy freeways thou

Jesster
08-28-2006, 11:33 PM
motha "F ERRRRR" why the hell was traffic so fricken bad today. It took me 2 hours and 20 min to go from murrieta to the 91 and 57.
I just done get it. This is a 45 min drive "with traffic"!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
From what I understand some of it was from school starting back up today for a lot of students, especially High School.

lewiville
08-28-2006, 11:37 PM
From what I understand some of it was from school starting back up today for a lot of students, especially High School.
makes sense.
I really loved it when we had the mexican strike day. That was awesome. I got into work in 35 min. truley amazing.

djunkie
08-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Damm and people keep trying to convince me to move to Corona. If I had to drive that 91 every day for work I'd probably shoot myself.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-29-2006, 03:05 AM
There it is.
Be even worse this Wednesday, tomorrow.

Rexone
08-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Sounds like horrible engineering, you should work for cal-trans and help them solve the problems , because obviously they can't or dont care...
the 405 and 101 are the busiesy freeways thou
More like "no engineering" or forethought to handle the traffic created by thousands of new homes. It's all about money, tax revenue, for the county, cities, profit for the developers, etc. The thought of something actually designed to function for the people isn't of any concern compared to the above. Until loads of jobs are created (industry) in the I-15 corridor (which aint' happinin) so people don't have to drive to LA and OC for work it will only get worse as it seems unrestricted home building just continues to eat up the hills down that direction. Having been in So Cal all my life it's really sad to see what local governments have let the area become with bad or no planning ahead for what is built where.

RitcheyRch
08-29-2006, 04:10 AM
Get used to it as not going to get any better with more and more homes being built.

RiverRatMike
08-29-2006, 04:55 AM
and that's just why I don't live in California anymore!

ahhell
08-29-2006, 05:09 AM
and that's just why I don't live in California anymore!
AMEN...........I got stuck in traffic today...musta been 6 cars in front of me at the light on hwy 95, AND the light was red :220v:
no more cali for me

burtandnancy
08-29-2006, 06:51 AM
How about the I-15 at Devore? 13,300 new homes plus commercial to be built in the next few years there. Not that the 15 and 215 ever get jammed up. And talk about freeway engineering that doesn't work; how about the 210 from Glendora to Fontana, 4 lanes down to 3, back to 4 then to three. After trucks take the two right lanes, it leaves only the left lane for auto's. Great planning...

Tom Slick
08-29-2006, 07:06 AM
How about the I-15 at Devore? 13,300 new homes plus commercial to be built in the next few years there. Not that the 15 and 215 ever get jammed up. And talk about freeway engineering that doesn't work; how about the 210 from Glendora to Fontana, 4 lanes down to 3, back to 4 then to three. After trucks take the two right lanes, it leaves only the left lane for auto's. Great planning...
Yeah, the new 210 extension cracks me up. Who was the idiot that thought that one up. Like you said, the 3 to 4 to 3 to 4, etc is fricking stupid. And it's not like they didn't have the room to make that freeway 4 lanes or even 5 lanes wide, considering the emergency lanes are at least 2 cars wide. I've tried to figure out the thought behind their decision and all I could come up with was traffic control, (keeping everyone slow) or just plain old bad planning and stupidity.

Riverkid
08-29-2006, 07:24 AM
I've seen plans for a proposed industrial park within the 15 corridor that will be the largest in SoCa (concentrated square footage). Mainly all commercial concrete tiltups. Plan includes making Temescal Canyon Road go from Lake Street up to the 91 and build it out to 4 lanes...
That should really help out the 91/15 traffic. Ouch.

ChumpChange
08-29-2006, 07:36 AM
Yeah, the new 210 extension cracks me up. Who was the idiot that thought that one up. Like you said, the 3 to 4 to 3 to 4, etc is fricking stupid. And it's not like they didn't have the room to make that freeway 4 lanes or even 5 lanes wide, considering the emergency lanes are at least 2 cars wide. I've tried to figure out the thought behind their decision and all I could come up with was traffic control, (keeping everyone slow) or just plain old bad planning and stupidity.
I think they did that so they would have a new job to do in ten years or so when they decide that they need to repaint the freeway due to congestion. It's congested now....get to work. They didn't want to work themselves out of a job so they planned accordingly.

lewiville
08-29-2006, 07:42 AM
i am glad that the bond passed last year to widen the 91 and 15. Thats all good and nice, but do you think that these city planners have the comon sense to over build? In other words, if stats tell us that growth in the next 10 and 20 years we will need two more lanes on each side of the freeway, why dont we over do it and add "one more" lane totaing 3 new lanes.
Just like going to the river and estamating how much beer your going to "need vs really going to consume".
Well you know the answer to that one. If your going to be there for 2 days and the stats say that you usally drink a case, then comon sense says, " I better bring two.....just in case".

NautiTwins
08-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Because California is BROKE and can not afford to fix the roads. It has nothing to do with them wanting to, it is because they can not afford to. They will work for a couple of months on one project then stop because they are not getting paid.

HM
08-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Traffic SUCKED today. I had to sit at the only traffic light on my way to my office for like 45 seconds. Makes my 1.9 mile commute, in my golf cart, extemely unbearable. :D

Tom Slick
08-29-2006, 09:19 AM
I think they did that so they would have a new job to do in ten years or so when they decide that they need to repaint the freeway due to congestion. It's congested now....get to work. They didn't want to work themselves out of a job so they planned accordingly.
You're absolutely correct, but the best part is how bad traffic will get before they finally get around to changing the lanes. I bet they wait until it is nearly grid locked before they even think about it, then they will close lanes and put up the idot barriers so they can sand blast the old lines and paint new ones. I'm guessing this project will start in 10 more years and then they will take about 3-5 years to change the lines.

Tom Slick
08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
i am glade that the bond passed last year to widen the 91 and 15. Thats all good and nice, but do you think that these city planners have the comon sense to over build? In other words, if stats tell us that growth in the next 10 and 20 years we will need two more lanes on each side of the freeway, why dont we over do it and add "one more" lane totaing 3 new lanes.
Just like going to the river and estamating how much beer your going to "need vs really going to consume".
Well you know the answer to that one. If your going to be there for 2 days and the stats say that you usally drink a case, then comon sense says, " I better bring two.....just in case".
I heard rumors that they don't have plans to start the 15 expansion in Riverside County for another 7-8 years. I would assume that the expansion will only include a car pool lane and once the expansion starts it will take about 5-10 years to finally complete. So maybe in 15 years the expansion will be done, but by then the population in the area will have grown so much that the extra lane wouldn't even have mattered. :mad:

lewiville
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I heard rumors that they don't have plans to start the 15 expansion in Riverside County for another 7-8 years. I would assume that the expansion will only include a car pool lane and once the expansion starts it will take about 5-10 years to finally complete. So maybe in 15 years the expansion will be done, but by then the population in the area will have grown so much that the extra lane wouldn't even have mattered. :mad:
My point exactly

C-2
08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
And just where do we get all the land to expand freeways?
That's what baffles me when it comes to issues like this.
Eminent Domain - HELL NO
..... of course, not unless it shortens MY drive by 5 minutes, then it's ok. :220v: :220v:

Newcastle
08-29-2006, 11:13 AM
I heard on KROQ this morning there were a couple lanes on the 91 shutdown today. I think it was an accident, making traffic even worse than a normal workday.