PDA

View Full Version : Trident #2 Maiden Voyage!

Froggystyle
08-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the maiden voyage of #2. A little over a year after getting the first one on the water, we have finally refined, neurosed, agonized and detailed the second one into production. It is everything I could have hoped for with regard to fit and finish, solid rigging and appearance.
First, here is us at about 5:30 in the morning getting ready to pull out on the way to Elsinore yesterday...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2139-2/Water+Test+8-28+001.JPG
Another shot pre-dawn...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2148-2/Water+Test+8-28+003.JPG
Getting her toes wet...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2160-2/Water+Test+8-28+006.JPG
Ryan from Performance Solutions doing some laptop work on the injection system...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2164-2/Water+Test+8-28+007.JPG
Blurry shot of the gorgeous purple engine...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2172-2/Water+Test+8-28+009.JPG
Courtney adding items to his "honey-do" list for delivery...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2176-2/Water+Test+8-28+010.JPG
Pulling out a little...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2188-2/Water+Test+8-28+013.JPG
Still working the fuel mapping here...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2200-2/Water+Test+8-28+016.JPG
A baby version of the rooster tail. This is a higher speed tail right here...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2204-2/Water+Test+8-28+017.JPG
We are delivering her today to Havasu, so keep your eyes peeled... not like you could miss it! Make sure everyone says hi to Robert and Arleen (RiverAddict on the forums) in the channel this weekend!
See you out there...
Wes

Kim Hanson
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Looks good Wes, okay tit's! :D :D ........( . )( . ).......did you forget this one :p
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2176-2/Water+Test+8-28+010.JPG

Kim Hanson
08-29-2006, 09:22 AM
you fix fast.........( . )( . ).............. :p

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Congrats!!:D
How did she run?
Your gonna have to hurry and pop the next couple out of the mold or your crew is gonna be twitteling thumbs pretty quick.... :p

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Sweet deal.
Brian

spectratoad
08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Looks awesome. The gel is on target and really make your projects stand out. Good to see you getting more of them on the water. Your attention to detail is gonna bring back huge dividends. :)

RitcheyRch
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Looks good. The new owner will love it.

Aqua Boogie1
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Looks Great!!!!!! Can't wait to see one in person, since Im father north than Havi!!!! :cool:

ChumpChange
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
That's going to be a long drive to Havasu for delivery. Where are all the stickers on your truck? Also, please give me a call when you can. Left a message with Craig(?) this morning about one of your boats.

socalUltra22
08-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Nice looking boat. Is that a double jet set up with a single engine. I've never seen that before, what kind of performance are you seeing?

Tequila-John
08-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Incredible bro. Congrats!

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I predict this thread will make to three pages by Noon
I got 10 bucks on it, any takers?
Brian

DCBDaytona
08-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Nice, #2 is done. Did I hear a rumor that sterndrives were going to become an option?

USCFAN
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Brian
I will take that bet....

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 09:58 AM
I will take that bet....
You're on
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2139-2/Water+Test+8-28+001.JPG
I can see the white/red boat in the window, looks like it is coming together.
I love that combo.
Brian

3 daytona`s
08-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Beautiful,get working on #3 now.Going to to Havasau to see in person. :)

Brady Bunch
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Looks great Wes..... Congrats on getting number 2 wet! When will the white and red be done?

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Looks great Wes..... Congrats on getting number 2 wet! When will the white and red be done?
Don't be trying to buy up my girl.
Just kidding, I hope she makes it to a good home.
Brian

abraman1326
08-29-2006, 10:20 AM
When are y'all making a trip up to Nor Cal, I'd really like to see one of these up close and personal?
BRA

RitcheyRch
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Someone lost a bet.
Brian

OldYeller
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I am not really a deck-boat or party-cat fan, BUT -- You have really come up with something really sweet here. I was impressed with the 1st one, and this one looks GREAT!!!!! Can't wait to see the next one. Keep up the great work.

AZKC
08-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Brian
20 after 12 here :crossx: and still on the first page :skull:

RitcheyRch
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Like I said in post #21, someone lost a bet.
20 after 12 here :crossx: and still on the first page :skull:

Froggystyle
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
OK... we are leaving a little late, but will be there soon enough. Had to install the Sirius unit that showed up on UPS red label.
CC, I am going to call you from the car in a minute here. White/Red will be starting rigging tomorrow, the 4th boat is going to be popped here in a week or so and started on right afterwards. The 5th boat is already sold as well, and we build that right after 4 pops.
We may have an actual regatta here pretty soon! ;)
See you out there...
Wes

AZJD
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Congrats Wes! Sounds like it's starting to roll...........

blackcloud75
08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
looks good, WES!!!!!!!!!
cory

Sherpa
08-29-2006, 11:48 AM
with the hull/glass technology you're using on the boat Wes, It's really amazing a boat of that size sits so high in the water......... that being a
traditional glass-hull, non-vac form technology, I'd be willing to bet it would
sit at least 10 inches lower............. really neat stuff you've got there......
I'd like to see the same tech used for making a few re-pop B-boats.....
I'd sign up for a hull............
--Sherpa

JB in so cal
08-29-2006, 11:51 AM
I like the swim platform :cool:

USCFAN
08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
wsuwrhr, I prefer the stuff the folds rather than the stuff that jingles. :p

al cole'holic
08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
....#3 has found a good home!! :boxed:
More pics please...

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Someone lost a bet.
Yea, that sucks.
Brian

RitcheyRch
08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh well, was only $10.
Yea, that sucks.
Brian

superdave013
08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Yea, that sucks.
Brian
:cry: :cry: :cry:
sucks to be you sucker! :D :D :D

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
wsuwrhr, I prefer the stuff the folds rather than the stuff that jingles. :p
If you are insinuating I was going to "pay up in pennies", I can assure you it wasn't part of my plans.
We are good my friend.
Brian

gqchris
08-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey Wes,
I saw you guys just leaving yesterday when we were launching our 25' Eliminator we had just dropped a new engine in. Was going to come up and introduce myself but you guys looked like you were on your way out.
Anyways, boat looked awesome and everyone with me was in awe of the dual jet setup. It was a great day out there and we got some great runs in as well. I am sure we will see ya out again!
Chris

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh well, was only $10.
Yep.
I am pleasantly surprised actually.
In the past with so many people lining up to take swings, I thought for sure this thread would get gayed up with the usual. Capping on Trident doing something out of the ordinary.
It is a bet I don't mind paying.
I am glad for team Tridents' emergence, for everyone involved.
Brian

YeLLowBoaT
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
If you are insinuating I was going to "pay up in pennies", I can assure you it wasn't part of my plans.
We are good my friend.
Brian
I would send him $10 worth in machining scraps, but that's just me.

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I would send him $10 worth in machining scraps, but that's just me.
LAUGHS,
Now that is funny. I never did SAY what I would pay the bet with.
I already made a trash can full of grade "A" 6061 chips this morning, 'bout 30 bucks worth. He can have the whole jiz, can and all.
Want to pick it up, or do I need to deliver?
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
sucks to be you sucker! :D :D :D
Yea and to the rest of you jerk offs and post whores....
Wait to post until AFTER 12
Thanks,
Brian
haha

USCFAN
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Yep.
I am pleasantly surprised actually.
In the past with so many people lining up to take swings, I thought for sure this thread would get gayed up with the usual.
Capping on Trident doing something out of the ordinary.
It is a bet I don't mind paying.
I am glad for team Tridents' emergence, for everyone involved.
Brian
Brian you are so right. It does seem as though people often line up to take swings at individuals on here, so I was surprised also.

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM
so I was surprised also.
Sure you were,
haha
Brian

USCFAN
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Sure you were,
haha
Brian
Hey the odds were in my favor when it was still at one page with an hour to go, however I still was suprised that you didn't get closer.

superdave013
08-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Yea and to the rest of you jerk offs and post whores....
Wait to post until AFTER 12
Thanks,
Brian
haha
:D

Brady Bunch
08-29-2006, 01:33 PM
More pics please...
Congrats, I am sure you will love that boat.. The red and white looks nice!
I live close to Trident and stop by often to see the progress of 2 & 3. Wes and his crew will take 2 steps back just to make sure that 1 step forward is perfect. He is building one hell of a boat. Keep up the good work guys!
THIS IS COMING FROM AN ULTRA GUY!!!!!!!!!! :)

wsuwrhr
08-29-2006, 01:51 PM
More pics please...
Can I ride around in it when it is done? Just like a homeless puppy.
Please?
I love the red/white scheme.
Brian

SmokinLowriderSS
08-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Froggy, my congrats to you and to everyone at Trident. That is one majot drool-machine. I only dream nights of lottery tickets.............. BIG ones. :)

ChumpChange
08-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Talking to Froggy on the phone right now. Great guy to talk to. He's almost to Parker.

Riverkid
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Who else is glad just to see the ass end of that rocket? Like it was a NASA secret. That boat is sweet! One more good year and you'll be building one for my family.
Nice work to the entire Trident crew. Wes supplies the inspiration and everyone else the perspiration...
I guess Wes gets a little sweat in there too...

F26
08-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I bet this rig will launch from the hole!

RiverAddict
08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I bet this rig will launch from the hole!
Yes, it has a great hole shot. I just got home from my first ride/drive in the boat. The boat looks great and ran good. We launched so late, and it was getting dark (well it was dark),so we didn't run it to hard. We just cruised it around a bit. But I'll be getting her wet tomarrow. That's when I'll put it to the test. If you see us out there say hi.

al cole'holic
08-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Yes, it has a great hole shot. I just got home from my first ride/drive in the boat. The boat looks great and ran good. We launched so late, and it was getting dark (well it was dark),so we didn't run it to hard. We just cruised it around a bit. But I'll be getting her wet tomarrow. That's when I'll put it to the test. If you see us out there say hi.
...congrats RiverAddict!! How stoked are you...???...I know I am. Keep this thread posted on your personal "test", especially top end numbers!!
:)

Screaming Pete
08-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Congrats RiverAddict Great looking boat that your going to have the weekend of your life on comming up :)

Froggystyle
08-30-2006, 06:41 PM
We had a phenomenal day on the water with Robert and Arleen today. Went over some of the cool stuff, went through the boat and showed them all of the features and such... Overall, what a great pair of folks to have our first boat go to. I knew it was in good hands when the first thing they did was do a speed run with the diverter all the way up, then head straight for the channel!
I will get some pics up here soon. We took a lot today.
See you all in Parker this weekend!

Riverkid
08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
What kind of tuneup is in this one Wes?

HavasuSelect
08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
We had a phenomenal day on the water with Robert and Arleen today. Went over some of the cool stuff, went through the boat and showed them all of the features and such... Overall, what a great pair of folks to have our first boat go to. I knew it was in good hands when the first thing they did was do a speed run with the diverter all the way up, then head straight for the channel!
See you all in Parker this weekend!
Awesome story and congrats to all parties involved! Hope to see the boat on the water in person soon.

wsuwrhr
08-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I will get some pics up here soon.
Get cracking.
Us landlocked peeps want to see some action.
Brian

Tom Brown
08-30-2006, 06:54 PM
I envy Robert. What a killer boat. :cool:
Congratulations all. :)

Froggystyle
08-30-2006, 07:08 PM
What kind of tuneup is in this one Wes?
VERY conservative. It is running rich and happy right now. Ryan is going out to Havasu here soon to dial it in for the lake now that it is broken in. We are going to be doing some underwater changes here shortly as well after we complete our testing in the prototype.
Basically, we wanted to get the boat into their hands before the season was over. There is a due-bill on the boat (something I was trying to keep from doing... ) but all in all we are extremely proud of the boat and are pleased as punch to have a couple of Havasu regulars pimping it out there for us.

YeLLowBoaT
08-30-2006, 07:11 PM
so whats the approx out put and mph?( ball park is fine.)

Riverkid
08-30-2006, 07:15 PM
VERY conservative. It is running rich and happy right now. Ryan is going out to Havasu here soon to dial it in for the lake now that it is broken in. We are going to be doing some underwater changes here shortly as well after we complete our testing in the prototype.
Basically, we wanted to get the boat into their hands before the season was over. There is a due-bill on the boat (something I was trying to keep from doing... ) but all in all we are extremely proud of the boat and are pleased as punch to have a couple of Havasu regulars pimping it out there for us.
Figured as much. Sound strategy. Now, Lean it out and let her loose! :)

al cole'holic
08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
...hey, let's do the same for them nice folks on #3!!

wsuwrhr
08-30-2006, 08:36 PM
...hey, let's do the same for them nice folks on #3!!
Let's hope boat #25 has the same white /red scheme and a twin turbo'ed 540 inch Dodge.
Brian

RiverAddict
08-30-2006, 10:29 PM
:) sorry

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Updates, pictures?
You guys are worse than a prom date, nothing but a tease.
Brian

andy01
09-01-2006, 08:09 AM
How come the "top speed" question is never answered? Dialed or not, you just posted they did a top speed run? What was it?
Andy

Bryan Rose
09-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Still no performance #'s from a $175,000.00-$200,000.00 Boat..........Some ppeople want to know but still no one ever answers...you would think that with all the hype and stuff there would be some info.... I know all the people who buy performance stuff the first thing they like to do is give the performance info, after all, they should be proud of what it does....................yes.......so WTF!

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
How come the "top speed" question is never answered? Dialed or not, you just posted they did a top speed run? What was it?
Andy
I think that has been covered nine different ways.
It wouldn't be prudent for insurance purposes would it?
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Still no performance #'s from a $175,000.00-$200,000.00 Boat..........Some ppeople want to know but still no one ever answers...you would think that with all the hype and stuff there would be some info.... I know all the people who buy performance stuff the first thing they like to do is give the performance info, after all, they should be proud of what it does....................yes.......so WTF!

syke-o
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
OTD?? no taxes or fees?? :crossx:

BADBLOWN572
09-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Brian
The first question that an insurance agent typically asks is "How fast does it go?" As the boat owner, I am sure that you know exactly how fast your boat goes. If you lie to the insurance agent you are taking a major risk.
Besides, if the boat has a conservative tune up, you are still over 600h.p. With the big tune up you are over 900h.p. The insurance agent is going to flag it anyways.
I would just give the number and be honest about it. Better to be honest than to duck the question. :)

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:43 AM
OTD?? no taxes or fees?? :crossx:
I'm not the expert, I have just seen the price posted.
Check out the Trident website.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:44 AM
I am not the expert here, I was just repeating what has been said on ***boat at least 9 times.
I am sure Trident will chime in on their business.
I was just posting information, it is not my place to speak for them.
Brian
The first question that an insurance agent typically asks is "How fast does it go?" As the boat owner, I am sure that you know exactly how fast your boat goes. If you lie to the insurance agent you are taking a major risk.
Besides, if the boat has a conservative tune up, you are still over 600h.p. With the big tune up you are over 900h.p. The insurance agent is going to flag it anyways.
I would just give the number and be honest about it. Better to be honest than to duck the question. :)

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
I have no GPS on either of my 2 boats, I have no idea how fast they are. Simple answer BB572.
Pretty slow right now considering neither of them run.
(Powered by Dodges, go figure)
Brian
BTW, thanks for the Banshee.

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Now the slinging starts.
Crap why didn't this start earlier so I wouldn't have gave up 10 bucks?
Brian

RiverDave
09-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Brian
Why do you keep saying that? When Wes himself has said in these EXACT words many times in the past
The various support industries have embraced the Revolution with open arms. Insurance alone is a huge reason to buy one. Our boat, as delivered is catagorized as a "runabout" with Progressive insurance, and not because they are ignorant but rather the opposite. After years of concerted effort we have convinced the agency and it's underwriters that our boat is inherently more stable than a Boston Whaler! Our prismatic co-efficient and different hydrodynamic and hydrostatic ratings make it extremely safe and stable, which combined with a jet drive and the foam core construction earned us a very preferential rating through them. What does it mean for you? Insurance similar to a $170,000 Bayliner Capri if such a thing existed. A good driver should be able to insure for $1500/year with the warrantied 650hp version of the engine.
I am not a naysayer by the way, nor slinging anything.. Just saying The insurance companies are pretty familiar with the boat already so what's the big deal?
Doesn't much matter to me anyways.. LOL I'm going to catch my 1st ride in one this weekend, so I feel like I'm going to be part of the secret club that knows. ;) :D
RD

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:56 AM
BB,
Honestly, you would be the last person I would think would be lineing up, seems that both of you are trying to do the same thing, starting a boat building company from scratch.
BTW
Just curious have you ever posted top speed number of your rigs? I don't remember seeing it.
Brian

playdeep
09-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Andy
thanks,glad someone finally addressed that....
We know the thing has a great holeshot...yada,yada,yada...
Why not post some real numbers...I am actually just really curious as to tangable numbers...i.e.,Top Speed at what RPM's,fuel consumption,etc. etc..

al cole'holic
09-01-2006, 08:58 AM
I am almost an owner and still don't have all the answers!!
I spoke to RiverAddict around 11pm the other night, maybe he was a bit tipsy but damn I couldn't get any straight answers on anything...no offense. :confused:

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Exactly,
I keep saying THE SAME THING because people keep asking the same questions, I read the posts, doesn't everyone else? It has been reponded to in the same fashion everytime someone asks.
Personally I don't think anyone is avoiding anything. I just think the company CHOOSES not to post it, it isn't my business to ask why it isn't made public.
Why is that so hard to understand sir?
Brian
Why do you keep saying that? When Wes himself has said in these EXACT words many times in the past
I am not a naysayer by the way, nor slinging anything.. Just saying The insurance companies are pretty familiar with the boat already so what's the big deal?
Doesn't much matter to me anyways.. LOL I'm going to catch my 1st ride in one this weekend, so I feel like I'm going to be part of the secret club that knows. ;) :D
RD

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Anyone want to bet this thread will reach 5 pages by next week?
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
I've ridden in the boat, and I don't know the top speed.
Who cares anyway. I like how it drives regardless how fast it goes.
RD

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Unless they are bragging about top end and how they are the fastest boat on the lake, then its none of your freaking business what the boat runs.
Forensic/wuswrhr <- Wishes they had Tridents
Red and white please. Christmas is coming.
Brian

RiverDave
09-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Exactly,
I keep saying THE SAME THING because people keep asking the same questions, I read the posts, doesn't everyone else? It has been reponded to in the same fashion everytime someone asks.
Personally I don't think anyone is avoiding anything. I just think the company CHOOSES not to post it, it isn't my business to ask why it isn't made public.
Why is that so hard to understand sir?
Brian
Sir? I got yer sir right here..
RD

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Sir? I got yer sir right here..
RD
Laughs. YEA?
I can't see it.
Brian

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm carefully wording my post right now... I will get back to you. ;)

TCN
09-01-2006, 09:46 AM
We saw that boat in Steamboat this week. Nice boat but they didn't stay long.

mondorally
09-01-2006, 09:48 AM
And the restless natives are sharpening their spears!
-Justin

Mandelon
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
I am thinking those white jet drives would look pretty slick in a nice polished silver or chromelike finish....
Nice boat Wes. I actually got to drive #1 for a bit, and it is no pig. It gets up and moves from the start.

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
And the restless natives are sharpening their spears!
-Justin
No kidding... I am right in the middle of my mandatory 10 minute cooling-off period for writing things about the boat performance. :D

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I am thinking those white jet drives would look pretty slick in a nice polished silver or chromelike finish....
Nice boat Wes. I actually got to drive #1 for a bit, and it is no pig. It gets up and moves from the start.
This one is a lot quicker. Drives nicer too. I didn't want to let go!

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Here are some pics of the delivery day. Havasu is truly awesome mid-week. The weather was awesome, we couldn't have had a nicer day...
First time behind the new tow rig...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2226-2/Boat+Two+Delivery005.jpg
The new speaker box...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2242-2/Boat+Two+Delivery009.jpg
Pulling out of Windsor...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2250-2/Boat+Two+Delivery011.jpg
Hangin in the channel...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2270-2/Boat+Two+Delivery016.jpg
And pulling out of Windsor, finally in their new Trident!
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2298-2/Boat+Two+Delivery023.jpg
45 seconds after delivery... ;)
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2363-2/Boat+Two+Delivery050.jpg

voodoomedman
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
posted at 10:28 am
No kidding... I am right in the middle of my mandatory 10 minute cooling-off period for writing things about the boat performance.
posted at 10:52 am
Hmmmm 52+28=24 minutes and if your right in the middle that would add another 24 minutes
24+24=48
So how does 10 minutes equal 48 again :D:D:D :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

MR HARLEY
09-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Beautiful Boat!!

RiverDave
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm not one for rooster tails, but that's a great picture!
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2363-2/Boat+Two+Delivery050.jpg/
RD

Jordy
09-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Wow, that's a great looking boat Wes. Love the colors on it!!! :D :D :D

AvengerBabe
09-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Numbers, schnumbers.... Wes's Tridents are gorgeous boats and I'd pretty much pay admission to shake my ass on it every time I was on the river. :) His boats are so sick I wouldn't care if it had a damn trolling motor on it-- its like being in Vegas on the water. :rollside: But hey, thats just my two cents...
Melissa <------- wishes she had a Trident

Cole Trickle
09-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Wes.....
I think the boat is broken? :cry:
This is the first time I have seen a picture of it without 10 girls dancing on the front!!!! :crossx: :p
Congrats I hope to bum a ride off you in Parker this weekend:D

mondorally
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm not one for rooster tails, but that's a great picture!
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2363-2/Boat+Two+Delivery050.jpg/
RD
Using the square root of the distance between the bimini and the apex of the jet to water ratio I calculate top speed to be......... ah f-it. Who cares, I just want to have a beer while getting a subwoofer back massage.
-Justin

Cole Trickle
09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Using the square root of the distance between the bimini and the apex of the jet to water ratio I calculate top speed to be......... ah f-it. Who cares, I just want to have a beer while getting a subwoofer back massage.
-Justin
I was trying to calculate spped based on looking at the gauges posted above;)
4K RPM's and the GPS shows 32MPH... based on my calculations the top speed is somewhere near 150MPH :crossx: :p
<------ no math genius;):D

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Regarding the top speed... While it is way down our priority ladder, we are aware that the top speed of the boat is a matter of great interest and concern to a lot of folks. We have a large engine connected to two jet pumps and people are waiting with rapt anticipation for what it will do.
We don't know yet. By opting for the Dual Drive jet propulsion system, which is offered in no other boat, we became by necessity the Dual Drive development team. While jet drives have been around since the 1960s, and tuning and optimizing the single jet has become established knowledge, we are finding that not all of this translates directly to the Dual Drive. The hydrodynamics of the intake are very complex, and to some degree not understood completely. A lot of our progress had been trial-and-error, attempting to balance top end, acceleration, and handling. Some of the solutions have been counter-intuitive. We will get a better top speed out of setups that should have delivered less water to the pumps, better handling out of ride plate angles designed to force the back end of the boat out of the water... go figure. What resulted was the beginning of the real progress... the QuickData acquisition system that is mounted in the prototype. It has been able to explain a lot of the quirks with regard to setup, but we are nowhere near complete with the testing. Jeff Bennett and Jack McClure, the dream team to have behind you during jet setups are uber-confident in a 90+ mph potential with the same exact motor and intake, but realize the challenges with getting there. We start with one shoe design, change it's depth by 1/8" increments for a whole day, then send the info to Jeff. Jeff reads the tea leaves and says "OK, now do this" which we do the next time we go out. All of it amounts to lots and lots of testing, with the results being both positive and negative. We are just aquiring information at this stage though. The top speed we have pulled out of the prototype is 78 with a by-no-means optimized setup.
The setup delivered with the first production boat was a guess. We knew which combinations gave us great handling and no bow-rise, and we knew which combinations caused the intake to air out (coincidentally jiving with the best speeds we have gotten to date). As we delivered it, the boat is way quicker than the prototype, handles better and is the best mannered boat of the two. It is not however the fastest. While the holeshot has to be felt to be appreciated, and the handling is better than any boat of this size that we have ever driven, it is only turning a little over 65 right now with two folks and 100 gallons or so of fuel. The number is a little dissapointing to us, but we know it is going up with setup, and we absolutely nailed the handling, accelleration and ride. The important thing is that the clients are beyond stoked with their new boat, and are working with us with regard to the end of the development period. For the record, all of the changes we are making with the bottom are bolt-on changes, and will be retrofit into all preceding boats at no cost to the buyer.
We are treading a fine line with our representations to insurance companies resulting in our boat being categorized for underwriting purposes as a runabout rather than tunnel hull. This is a significant savings in insurance costs. We will be delivering our production boats with a top speed in the low 70s, with breathtaking acceleration and all the other features that make the Revolution what it is. Those who are less concerned with insurance costs and more concerned with top speed will have options. For the truly speed possessed we will be offering a high performance Weissmann stern drive with top speeds well over 100. That is not, however, the purpose for which the boat was designed.
In the first three days of ownership Robert and Arleen have taken the boat to Havasu Springs, Topok and mobbed the channel. I am really fired up about the use they are already getting out of the boat, and the years to come with it.
See you all on the water this weekend in Parker!

RiverDave
09-01-2006, 10:54 AM
The top speed we have pulled out of the prototype is 78 with a by-no-means optimized setup.
If you don't mind fielding another question, was that on the 650HP tune? Or the 950HP setting?
BTW, 78mph is pretty good! For the lack of putting up the #'s in the past I was thinking much worse.. I also know how much a little test and tune can improve your #'s, especially when it comes to the black magic of jets..
You need an aborignese witch Dr. with a chicken foot to figure out the setup on those things correctly. :D
RD

al cole'holic
09-01-2006, 10:55 AM
...yea, well said...now get back to #3 damnit :mad:

al cole'holic
09-01-2006, 10:56 AM
If you don't mind fielding another question, was that on the 650HP tune? Or the 950HP setting?
RD
..you serious with that question??

ChumpChange
09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
...... and 100 gallons or so of fuel. .....
Is this standard with the boat? That would be quite a pricey upgrade!!!

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 10:58 AM
RD
About 850. We are just turning fuel into noise the way we have it set up right now though. It has this insane accleration curve up to 65 or so and then just starts falling on it's face with the underwater hardware dragging it ferociously. Underwater drag goes up at a square, and the faster you go, the worse it gets.
Everyone with a Trident loves it... that is the important part.

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Is this standard with the boat? That would be quite a pricey upgrade!!!
Yes. We filled the boat and them up (at Shugrues, with the boat's mood lights shining below) when we delivered it to them Tuesday night.

RiverDave
09-01-2006, 10:59 AM
..you serious with that question??
It wasn't meant to be derrogatory in anyway?
RD

RiverDave
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
About 850. We are just turning fuel into noise the way we have it set up right now though. It has this insane accleration curve up to 65 or so and then just starts falling on it's face with the underwater hardware dragging it ferociously. Underwater drag goes up at a square, and the faster you go, the worse it gets.
Everyone with a Trident loves it... that is the important part.
I wish I was independantly wealthy, I'd very much like to be a part of the test n tune team to dial in the jets.. If it's falling off that Hard, then a few setup changes in the future will yield some pretty astounding results if I had to guess. :) 90+ would be a realistic goal.
RD

HCS
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
The boat is bad ass to say the least.
70 is plenty fast for a deck boat.

460 jus getn it
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Man, never seen so many HATERS. Wes, boats looks great and keep up the good work.

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I wish I was independantly wealthy, I'd very much like to be a part of the test n tune team to dial in the jets.. If it's falling off that Hard, then a few setup changes in the future will yield some pretty astounding results if I had to guess. :) 90+ would be a realistic goal.
RD
Funny you should mention this. One of the reasons the testing is taking so long is that I am building boats instead of testing them. If you want to come down and check some boxes off on the test program... you know where we are at, and you know where San Vincente is. Testing is pretty boring though. It amounts to going out, turning on the data logger, going zero to top speed, turn left, turn right, go straight, back totally off the throttle, accellerate to 30 and hold, accellerate to 50 and hold, accellerate to 70 and hold, floor it and hold, then put it back on the trailer. Change the shoe depth, hit the water and go do it again.
What we have been doing is taking a different setup out there every time we go, hitting the logger at different points with the correct load (1/2 tank of fuel, two people) and playing for the weekend. Make the changes back at the ranch, then go do it again the next week...
The fact that we have delivered a boat will neccessitate speeding that process up, and I would welcome the help.
So... come on down!

OldYeller
09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Just my 2cents, a 27' boat using a jet at the 70MPH range seems pretty respectable to me. Add on top of that the acceleration rush that your getting, I could DEFINATELY live with those #s. Any more spped that you get by fine tuning seems like frosting on the cake.

al cole'holic
09-01-2006, 11:13 AM
It wasn't meant to be derrogatory in anyway?
RD
..my bad, I was thinking those numbers were based on the tune down of 600hp or so. :boxed:

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all of the good words folks. I don't see any haters, just peeps who are curious as to why all of the secrecy.
There is a fine line between getting the word out and shooting yourself in the foot. In the stock configuration, which includes a full load of fuel and a four person standard load, the boat will not exceed 72.5 mph. My reputation and word is on the line with the insurance companies, and I don't intend to besmirch either.
I also intend to be able to bring the heat with regard to top speed down the road a little ways. At the low $1000 range for insurance on this boat we are at the extreme low end of possible pricing. This boat with an outdrive or tunnel hull would be in excess of $3K per year. While that may not be a big deal for some folks, I know a lot of people would prefer to make an $85/month insurance payment instead of a $250+ per month one.

BajaMike
09-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Just my 2cents, a 27' boat using a jet at the 70MPH range seems pretty respectable to me. Add on top of that the acceleration rush that your getting, I could DEFINATELY live with those #s. Any more spped that you get by fine tuning seems like frosting on the cake.
Yea...what he said..... :idea:
:rollside: :boxed:

Debbolas
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Looks beautiful Wes,
awesome job!!
Can't wait to see one in person, stop by my house on your way out and pick me up!:D

Havasu Hangin'
09-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Hangin in the channel...
My team of lawyers will be contacting you shortly...

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 12:20 PM
My team of lawyers will be contacting your shortly...
I don't have a shortly... I will refer them to my lawyers though. They can do lunch.
You going to be out there this weekend?

Legal Chemistry
09-01-2006, 12:22 PM
I've been eyeing this thing for the past year. Congratulations on completing a wonderful concept into a reality we can all witness. BTW, I'm dying to see this run, when are you headed to San Vin? I'm there often enough -I would love to get some shots of this! WELL DONE!

Havasu Hangin'
09-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't have a shortly... I will refer them to my lawyers though. They can do lunch.
Damn defective keyboard is hurting my punchlines. :notam:
You going to be out there this weekend?
Naw...I'm Huntington Hangin' this weekend.

Big Kahunaa
09-01-2006, 12:31 PM
all i know is it's a bad ass boat and if i had the cash i'd be wating on #4 right now

al cole'holic
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
..spoke to Wes a bit ago, I may head to Parker early in the am for the long awaited 'climb aboard' and demo the demo! I may actually see the river in '06..???...!!! :)

RiverAddict
09-01-2006, 01:39 PM
As Wes has posted, the current speed of my boat is 65-66. That was with 3/4 tank of fuel, 3 adults, gear, coolers, etc. I'm extremely pleased with the boat. This thing handles awsome. Handling at speed, as well as lower speeds(docking, parking, cruising the channel) it's very predictable and easy to drive. The Trident team did a great job. Wes told me he was going to get my boat to run low 70's. I'm actualy confortable the way it is, but I think he's determined to hit that 70's mark. I'm sure he will get it. On a side note, I found the boat has a really nice sweet spot @ about 4200-4300rpm it runs about 53-54 mph. The motor is not laboring at all, and it's just a nice ride and where I like to cruise.

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 01:49 PM
As Wes has posted, the current speed of my boat is 65-66. That was with 3/4 tank of fuel, 3 adults, gear, coolers, etc. I'm extremely pleased with the boat. This thing handles awsome. Handling at speed, as well as lower speeds(docking, parking, cruising the channel) it's very predictable and easy to drive. The Trident team did a great job. Wes told me he was going to get my boat to run low 70's. I'm actualy confortable the way it is, but I think he's determined to hit that 70's mark. I'm sure he will get it. On a side note, I found the boat has a really nice sweet spot @ about 4200-4300rpm it runs about 53-54 mph. The motor is not laboring at all, and it's just a nice ride and where I like to cruise.
You lucky bastard.
I only got to ride in Wes' boat.
I loved the acceleration from dead stop, the roll on performance was awesome. The sound of the turbos was cool too.
Brian<<<---so jealous

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I want one......made from aluminum :cool:
A lot of it is! We have enough billet in this boat to keep wsuwrhr happy for years to come!

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 02:56 PM
A lot of it is! We have enough billet in this boat to keep wsuwrhr happy for years to come!
Happy?
Is that what you call it?
Laughs.
7-8 AM to Midnight everynight this week to get Team Trident into production.
Brian

Keith E. Sayre
09-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Wes: Quit apologizing for not stopping production while you fine tune the pumps package. If you knew how many big named west coast performance
boat companies have gone to the LA boat show with a brand new boat that
has never seen the water and then they start selling them quoting all these
speed numbers that they just made up. The truth is, they didn't even know
if the boat would work or not! I won't say who, but there was a v bottom
about 3 years ago same situation. I don't know how anyone could sell something not even knowing if it would work or not. I can think of another
one about 10 years ago that put wood inserts into the mold so that they
could simulate a stepped bottom, they went ahead and gelcoated the boat
and laminated it and then when they popped it out, they discovered that they had put the steps in backwards! They still sell that boat today!
You've done more R & D ( no relation to RD!) than anyone else. Smile, enjoy
your weekend on the river in Parker, sell some boats and relax you've earned it! and look out for one mean little 21' Schiada down there this weekend.
You know where to find me if you need any mechanicals or whatever.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Happy?
Is that what you call it?
Laughs.
7-8 AM to Midnight everynight this week to get Team Trident into production.
Brian
Good kind of busy...
We have a great team, and you are a huge part of it. Thanks for all of the hard work bro. We will try not to throw you under the bus so hard in the future.

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
We will try not to throw you under the bus so hard in the future.
All lies!!!!
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
How about some?
Brian

al cole'holic
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
...ahhh...Parker cuts into the R&R this weekend so no go. :mad:

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
BTW, in case you didn't know, you owe me $10.
Brian
Good kind of busy...
We have a great team, and you are a huge part of it. Thanks for all of the hard work bro. We will try not to throw you under the bus so hard in the future.

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 03:07 PM
All lies!!!!
Brian
Well, I don't try to throw you under the bus... you are just a lot smaller than the rest of us and easier to throw. ;)

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Yea, what else you got?
Brian
Watch out for the little guy.
Well, I don't try to throw you under the bus... you are just a lot smaller than the rest of us and easier to throw. ;)

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
My little PT got filled up this morning with 6061 destined to go under the knife and some of it will become shiny Revolution oil cooler mounts.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:24 PM
I can't wait to see my front loading ramp on my white/red Revolution come down to reveal two of these bad boys.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63dats_nice-med.jpg

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63lucky-med.jpg

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
I can't wait to see my front loading ramp on my white/red Revolution come down to reveal two of these bad boys.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63dats_nice-med.jpg
I can't wait to build that boat. Jetski this! :D

CornWater
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
and look out for one mean little 21' Schiada down there this weekend..
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
MBrown???

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 04:41 PM
MBrown???
I know Keith has one too... I wonder... :idea:

Froggystyle
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Wes: Quit apologizing for not stopping production while you fine tune the pumps package. If you knew how many big named west coast performance
boat companies have gone to the LA boat show with a brand new boat that
has never seen the water and then they start selling them quoting all these
speed numbers that they just made up. The truth is, they didn't even know
if the boat would work or not! I won't say who, but there was a v bottom
about 3 years ago same situation. I don't know how anyone could sell something not even knowing if it would work or not. I can think of another
one about 10 years ago that put wood inserts into the mold so that they
could simulate a stepped bottom, they went ahead and gelcoated the boat
and laminated it and then when they popped it out, they discovered that they had put the steps in backwards! They still sell that boat today!
You've done more R & D ( no relation to RD!) than anyone else. Smile, enjoy
your weekend on the river in Parker, sell some boats and relax you've earned it! and look out for one mean little 21' Schiada down there this weekend.
You know where to find me if you need any mechanicals or whatever.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
You rock Keith...
For the record, this is one guy I would any friend to looking for a boat purchase. Great guy.

ROZ
09-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Anyone know how well this customer likes number 2 thus far?
Also, hows the red and white one comming along? Guess I'll have to stop buy.. :D

Jordy
09-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Guess I'll have to stop buy.. :D
I'm sure you meant you're planning on stopping BY, however, if you stopped by to buy I'm sure that would work too. :D :D :D