PDA

View Full Version : Cobra deck boat....

Deano
08-29-2006, 10:18 AM
My brother is seriously looking at deck boats. He has been to advantage, magic, cobra, and is going to visit conquest, trident then howard.
He went to Cobra last week and fell in love with the boat they have on the floor. It has a 600SC in it.
Can someone explain to me why this thing is priced in the mid 140K? They told him it is a demo so they lowered the price from mid 150K. I think he had his checkbook in the truck and would have bought it, if it wasnÂ’t priced higher than other deck boats with Teague 850s.
Is a 600SC worth 60K above a 496? I donÂ’t think so. Maybe it will sit on the floor a while longer. :yuk:

Tequila-John
08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
My brother is seriously looking at deck boats. He has been to advantage, magic, cobra, and is going to visit conquest, trident then howard.
He went to Cobra last week and fell in love with the boat they have on the floor. It has a 600SC in it.
Can someone explain to me why this thing is priced in the mid 140K? They told him it is a demo so they lowered the price from mid 150K. I think he had his checkbook in the truck and would have bought it, if it wasnÂ’t priced higher than other deck boats with Teague 850s.
Is a 600SC worth 60K above a 496? I donÂ’t think so. Maybe it will sit on the floor a while longer. :yuk:
Yes on getting the Cobra and yes on the $$$ for the upgrade

Todd969
08-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Good question! Was the red and silver 260 venom canopy with an HO from the LA show worth 120K? It was to somebody recently and he went and put a Viper in it. Now if you take away the core charge for the HO, say 10K and add the viper cost back in say 35K you're at 150ish. Worth it to somebody just not this nobody :)

Jyruiz
08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow, I think there are deckboats out ther with twin 496 HO's going for that price.

redi4fun
08-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Dude,
If your brother has that kind of coin tell him not to forget to visit E-Ticket. They have great looking boats with lots of room and he can get twins.
As for the motor department. With that kind of money for a motor I would take a very close look here. http://www.tpboats.com/home.html The attention to detail and bling are over the top in my opinion. :rollside:

Deano
08-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks, I guess I am more informed now. Pretty spendy though (in my opinion) being the end of the season and all.
He really likes how the front of the sponson opens up. nice touch

MR HARLEY
08-29-2006, 10:38 AM
140K for a Cobra Deckboat with a Merc 600? :2purples: :2purples:
Throttle where are you. :p

Deano
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
He is considering e-ticket as well.
As far as the engine goes, he knows that merc has really, really expensive paint :crossx:
I keep trying to have him buy my advantatge, but he would rather spend an extra 100g :rolleyes:

River918
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm sure they'll throw in some t-shirts, "coolie-cups" and window stickers to make him happy.... :)

Deano
08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
actually mid 150s, this boat is used/demo

prosthogod
Tell him to buy the hull and have it rigged for a merc.,then take it to Tuscon and Larry peto drop a efi650hp motor in it and save 25k+.

Jyruiz
I'm sure they'll throw in some t-shirts, "coolie-cups" and window stickers to make him happy.... :)
And maybe upgrade the steering wheel for free. :D

River918
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Dude,
If your brother has that kind of coin tell him not to forget to visit E-Ticket. They have great looking boats with lots of room and he can get twins.
If I was looking at getting a deckboat and had that kind of change to spend, I would definately look closely at the "E-Ticket." The boat has nice lines, is available with twins, a crap load of storage and sits high out of the water.....Just a great lookin' deck boat...

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
And maybe upgrade the steering wheel for free. :D
haha thats funny...from what I remember of Hernando every upgrade is $1,000 :wink:

Deano
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
If I was looking at getting a deckboat and had that kind of change to spend, I would definately look closely at the "E-Ticket." The boat has nice lines, is available with twins, a crap load of storage and sits high out of the water.....Just a great lookin' deck boat...
I agree. nice boat.

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Agreed.
It also runs hard with just the twin HO's and one would think reliability would be a little better.(Not to mention you can run 87 Octane)
How long does it take E-ticket to build you a boat right now if you tell them your Matts friend? :p (I heard 1.5+ yrs out right now)

redi4fun
08-29-2006, 11:14 AM
How long does it take E-ticket to build you a boat right now if you tell them your Matts friend? :p (I heard 1.5+ yrs out right now)
That is where you are wrong. Tell them you are GOLDI's brother and not MATT's friend. That will move you up the build list and get you a discount also. :) :)

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
That is where you are wrong. Tell them you are GOLDI's brother and not MATT's friend. That will move you up the build list and get you a discount also. :) :)
You my friend are a thinker!!!:D
What if you know Goldi and have played Ball with bud at the Sandbar? :p
Think I could get the same Deal they got? :crossx:

Tequila-John
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
We got that bud. So cool

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
You my friend are a thinker!!!:D
What if you know Goldi and have played Ball with bud at the Sandbar? :p
Think I could get the same Deal they got? :crossx:
What if I just let you borrow both of them when you walk in the shop. :D

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
I love my boat. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/267011-Havi.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/267010-Havi.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02465.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02427.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02360.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02261.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02260.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02202.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02200.JPG

USCFAN
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes I will agree Matts E ticket is pretty nice.

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I just picked mine up with the Ilmor Viper 625 and I wouldn't change a thing and it's worth it! If they're selling it in Mid 140's they are giving it to you if you ask me. For that price show me something that compares. Take it out for a test ride or let me know when your going out I'll take you for a ride, I usually go to Kathrine's Landing but do maybe have a Havasu trip left this year.

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
I really like to looks of this boat also.
http://www.cobraperformanceboats.com/280_python/280_python_header.jpg

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 12:13 PM
What if I just let you borrow both of them when you walk in the shop. :D
Your a giver!!!! :p :D :) :D :rollside:
Shoot if I stay in the car with you and send my better half in with your troops maybe I will get a better deal than you??!! :crossx: ;) :idea:

SnakeWrench
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
actually mid 150s, this boat is used/demo
Deano, that boat is not "used /demo" It has been in the water one time. That does not consider it used.

Deano
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
If they're selling it in Mid 140's they are giving it to you if you ask me. For that price show me something that compares.
Oh...where to start..... just about every other deck boat.
Or you can just go to Howard and pick one up with a blue motor for about 10g less. I know howard doesnt compare to quality and rigging though ;) :idea: :D

TOBTEK
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
The cobra decks are nice.... BUT DANG things are expensive :(
Tell him I'll sell him our 2006 DCB F26 "sportdeck" TWIN 300x Merc's with a kung-Fu stereo and every upgrade you could think of for mid 130's.... PIMP DADY DELUX :) Tell him to save some cash and get a nice DCB with 40 hours on it.

Deano
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Deano, that boat is not "used /demo" It has been in the water one time. That does not consider it used.
I know he is going back and talking to you guys alittle more serious soon. unless that price is "the price" :wink:

Deano
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM
The cobra decks are nice.... BUT DANG things are expensive :(
Tell him I'll sell him our 2006 DCB F26 "sportdeck" TWIN 300x Merc's with a kung-Fu stereo and every upgrade you could think of for mid 130's.... PIMP DADY DELUX :) Tell him to save some cash and get a nice DCB with 40 hours on it.
I already have dibs on your boat.... Im just on the DL right now.

Keith E. Sayre
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Deano: Please advise your brother that Conquest is certainly another nice boat to consider, as a matter of fact, I can build him a "loaded" Top Cat
28' deckboat with SC 600 Merc package for somewhere in the neighborhood
of $125,000 plus taxes including a triple axle trailer with disc brakes and all
the cool options that he'll want. Ours has a nice swimstep on the rear to sit on when you're floating around on the lake also!
The Merc 600 will make our boat run about 84 to 85 mph according to Hot Boat and Powerboat magazines and that was with last years bottom. We've
made new molds this past winter and seem to have picked up about 4.5 mph!
by adding a second step and staggering and increasing the size of the strakes.
As you know, Conquest has been building deckboats since the early 90's. and they get better every year!
Our resale value is better than any boat I've ever seen. We'd welcome the
opportunity to help your brother in his search for a quality performance deckboat! Please let us know how we can help.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

SnakeWrench
08-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Oh...where to start..... just about every other deck boat.
Or you can just go to Howard and pick one up with a blue motor for about 10g less. I know howard doesnt compare to quality and rigging though ;) :idea: :D
Howard with the same options is about 15K more. Have him come talk to me and I'll give him the best price I can.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Personally I'd take the Howard, but that's just me.....In fact they have one on the showroom floor with a TPI 600 for sale

SnakeWrench
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Personally I'd take the Howard, but that's just me.....In fact they have one on the showroom floor with a TPI 600 for sale
Oh, Don't get me wrong. The Howard is a fantastic boat and they build a quality piece. I just don't want anyone here thinking I am badmouthing any other builders, because I don't do that unlike some people on this board.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 01:14 PM
do you guys want to hear my .02?

NashvilleBound
08-29-2006, 01:16 PM
If we say no your going to tell us anyways so go for it :yuk:

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Absolutely:D
I think the 28' Cobra deck is a great looking boat and from all the reviws seems to run harder than most with the same power.
They seem to be a little pricey compared to the other single engine 28' boats but I have never seen what it would cost for one with an HO like most of the Magics,Howards and conquests are ordered with.
I think Keith said he could do a loaded Top Cat II with a HO for low to mid 90's a couple weeks back.How does the Cobra compare?

Jafojunkie
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
You can't beat the cobra. First mold out, it was very fast. Now conquest is tryin to keep up. Magic's are old now. E-ticket has no walkthrough. Howard is nice but quality and rigging??? i don't know. Trident, i think is 160,000 base price. Bitchin boat though. That boat on the showroom floor, is a demo, like any new boat. Also the merc has a waranty on it, like any other merc. I belive that setup should run close to 90.
Just my opinion.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Howard is nice but quality and rigging??? i don't know.
Having looked at a few Howards, their rigging is flawless and the quality speaks for itself.....

Throttle
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
I am gonna go off of the last show price (may be slightly different now)... Started at $99,900. The boat that is available from the showroom floor right now as previously mentioned for $$$ would be an awesome deal for someone that wants the big HP, however most peeps do not want to spend 40k for an upgraded motor, there are a few other upgrades in it too. I think we were runnin 84 or 86 with a 6 or 7 onboard a few weeks ago.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I am listenin...

Throttle
08-29-2006, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=Cole Trickle]Agreed.
It also runs hard with just the twin HO's and one would think reliability would be a little better.(Not to mention you can run 87 Octane)
QUOTE]
? why run twins when you don't have too?

Throttle
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Deano: Please advise your brother that Conquest is certainly another nice boat to consider, as a matter of fact, I can build him a "loaded" Top Cat
the cool options that he'll want. Ours has a nice swimstep on the rear to sit on when you're floating around on the lake also!
The Merc 600 will make our boat run about 84 to 85 mph according to Hot Boat and Powerboat magazines and that was with last years bottom. We've
made new molds this past winter and seem to have picked up about 4.5 mph!
by adding a second step and staggering and increasing the size of the strakes.
As you know, Conquest has been building deckboats since the early 90's. and they get better every year!
Our resale value is better than any boat I've ever seen. We'd welcome the
opportunity to help your brother in his search for a quality performance deckboat! Please let us know how we can help.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
Moved to SPAM

Deano
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey Keith, actually my sister is buying a boat from you real soon. I think you took em for a ride a few weeks back. Kelley and Gary.
Maybe he doesnt want to be a copycat, lol. He is coming to see you too.

OutCole'd
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
the cool options that he'll want. Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
125K??? With a SC600?? Damn, that sounds cheap Keith.
Way to go, I would look no further.

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Cole Trickle]Agreed.
QUOTE]
? why run twins when you don't have too?
Aren't Twins almost always more fun!!?? :crossx:
What would the Python run with a 525 (MPH wise)

Jafojunkie
08-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I believe it is in the mid 70's or low 80's

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
125K??? With a SC600?? Damn, that sounds cheap Keith.
Way to go, I would look no further.
Seems like a pretty damm good price!!!! :p :)
Wonder what Keith could do with a only a small little 525 including the HB discount?;) :crossx:

Jafojunkie
08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
I believe anywhere between mid 70 to low 80

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 02:26 PM
at that price point I would definitely be shopping elsewhere...
my favorite deck boats are the Conquest, Howard, Ultra and probably the 28' Magic.
For functionality I think I like the Conquest best...little things, like the flat area on the front is easy to get on or off simply by pulling straight into the dock, don't need to side tie. Easy on/off from the beach, etc. When talking deck-boats, little user-friendly details are what makes a world of difference for the family out there with the pooch, grandma, etc along for the day.
I love the lines on the Howard, their fit and finish speaks for itself, almost nobody with better workmanship than the Howard crew. The only part of that boat I question is the 3' or so from the front of the deck to the end of the sponsons. That means whoever gets elected trailer duty has a BIG step to take to get off, or has to walk down the sponson and hopefully not wind up in the lake :220v:
the new 26' Ultra deck is one to consider for sure as well...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/49726running.jpg

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM
You just spent it...Sorry :boxed:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 02:35 PM
You can't beat the cobra. First mold out, it was very fast. Now conquest is tryin to keep up. Magic's are old now. E-ticket has no walkthrough. Howard is nice but quality and rigging??? i don't know. Trident, i think is 160,000 base price. Bitchin boat though. That boat on the showroom floor, is a demo, like any new boat. Also the merc has a waranty on it, like any other merc. I belive that setup should run close to 90.
Just my opinion.
I want whatever this guy is smoking, cuz that is some mind altering shit

OutCole'd
08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Seems like a pretty damm good price!!!! :p :)
Wonder what Keith could do with a only a small little 525 including the HB discount?;) :crossx:
Whats the difference between a SC600 & a 525? I bet 20k or so. So a Conquest with a 525 for 105K +-?? Can this be right? If, so, that is a smoking price.

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I want whatever this guy is smoking, cuz that is some mind altering shit
I concur

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I think there is a reason some can charge the price they do and get away with it....
When it comes to Quality,rigging and service there are only a few on the west coast at the top of the pyramid .
Howard, Schiada and DCB come to mind...
for other builders to charge what they are charging is just plain insane....
they seriously need to revalute their product and adjust the price to where they fall in...
Could you imagine Kia or Hyundia charging what Mercedes or BMW charge... They would soon be out of business

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I think there is a reason some can charge the price they do and get away with it....
When it comes to Quality,rigging and service there are only a few on the west coast at the top of the pyramid
Absolutely. You get what you pay for.....

98 Vector 21
08-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I have nothing to say about the 3 westcost bilders you refer too...one of those dont fit!

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I have nothing to say about the 3 westcost bilders you refer too...one of those dont fit!
who refer to?

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
And one is missing. :rollside:

havasu5150
08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Quality of the design, rigging, fit and finish as well as the ride are what led me to purchase my Conquest. Their recent design changes in the hull only improve an already excellent product. In addition their customer service is fantastic. I've got 54 hours on it since I took delivery with zero issues.

Mrs.Killer
08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Don't be a little B****, speak your mind.....

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
You're right, Schiada is quite possibly in it's own class.....

Keith E. Sayre
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Out Coled and Cole Trickle: Not bad pricing?? Here's the real "buy" numbers.
new 2007 (you pick all the colors and designs and options) Top Cat 28' Deckboat-loaded with options including triple axle disc brakes etc. with a
600SC Merc EFI package with dual ram steering etc. $125,000 plus tax. It's
gonna run between 84 and 86 mph empty with 2 people in it about half full of gas. build time 8 weeks.
The same boat with a 525EFI will run about $110,000 plus tax and will usually run about 80 mph empty with 2 people in it half full of gas.
The same boat with a 496HO, same options and trailer will be about $90,000
plus tax and will go about 69 mph with 2 people half full of gas.
Hope that helps!
And whoever it is that keeps picking on the Howard boat's "rigging and quality"
for whatever it is worth. you're picking on the wrong company, noone builds
a stronger boat than Gene and his rigging and quality are as good as anyones. maybe not better but as good in a worst case. if your digs on them are "inside" jokes then please forgive my intrusion. if you're being serious, I'd go take a closer look. you've got the wrong impression of those guys. When I think of companies that can affect our deckboat sales here at
Conquest, they are Howard, Hallett E ticket, DCB and Laveycraft and if Lee
ever gets hold of some blanks, Schiada! End of the list.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
PS--With a few minor adjustments, Ultra and Trident could sneak onto that
list also.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
And whoever it is that keeps picking on the Howard boat's "rigging and quality" for whatever it is worth. you're picking on the wrong company, noone builds a stronger boat than Gene and his rigging and quality are as good as anyones. maybe not better but as good in a worst case.
After having spent some time poking around some Howards, I'd put their rigging up against anyone elses and yes even against the zip-tie <tongue in cheek> kings DCB. :rollside:

2forcefull
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I went to this shop look'in at deck boats, would have never believed the quality or the attention to detail. this guy builds the strongest, best turning, fastest plaining deck boat out there, and is probley the best kept secret out there.when these guys I was talk'in to said that they were buying 28 deck boats from them I thought to my self, why? but after I went there I knew! you have to see the boats to believe how nice, I hate to put his name up cause people who have never seen them will talk trash but here goes
DOMN8ER

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I went to this shop look'in at deck boats, would have never believed the quality or the attention to detail. this guy builds the strongest, best turning, fastest plaining deck boat out there, and is probley the best kept secret out there.when these guys I was talk'in to said that they were buying 28 deck boats from them I thought to my self, why? but after I went there I knew! you have to see the boats to believe how nice, I hate to put his name up cause people who have never seen them will talk trash but here goes
DOMN8ER
Dory does build a nice boat but not my cup of tea...
strongest, best turning, fastest planing etc may be a stretch without carefully examining every boat on the market :rolleyes:
Yes, I have seen them...yes, I have driven one.

2forcefull
08-29-2006, 05:49 PM
gonna run between 84 and 86 mph empty with 2 people in it
Kieth,
not to be a smart a$$, but a serious question, Why would any one want to go 84/86 mph in a deck boat with 2 people in it!
I went for a ride in a fast deck boat, probley cool if you are driving, sitting in a bolstered seat with the wheel to hang on to but here was what it was like for me!
on the smooth water it was like ridding in the bed of a lifted 4x4 down the freeway at 100mph, nothing to hang on to but the rail and the horrible wind blasting you from all directions.
then for the ruff water, it was like you took the same truck and headed off road!
here is the two different stories i kept getting from the couples I talked to
Husband;
I really like the deck boat, just wish it was faster, kind of miss my hot boat,
wife.
oh we love our deck boat, just wish he wouldn't drive it so fast!

2forcefull
08-29-2006, 05:55 PM
strongest, best turning, fastest planing etc may be a stretch without carefully examining every boat on the market :rolleyes:
I was just so surprised at his operation, and yet you never hear much about them. Have you been to his shop on foothill? very impressive!

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I was just so surprised at his operation, and yet you never hear much about them. Have you been to his shop on foothill? very impressive!
lol maybe he has cleaned up his foothill shop since I was there last...when I was there he had a couple boats on display taking up a couple bays in his body shop and honestly it has been a couple years since I was there. I did talk to him at the boat show this year and check out his place in Havi last year. He's in Havasu all the time running one of the boats. Had the deck out last weekend with the diesel.

Parker Dreamin
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
When it comes to Quality,rigging and service there are only a few on the west coast at the top of the pyramid .
Howard, Schiada and DCB come to mind...
for other builders to charge what they are charging is just plain insane....
they seriously need to revalute their product and adjust the price to where they fall in...
Could you imagine Kia or Hyundia charging what Mercedes or BMW charge... They would soon be out of business
And in your opinion, where does Cobra fall into this ?

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
thats easy Dave...somewhere between Kia and BMW of course :cool:

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Out Coled and Cole Trickle: Not bad pricing?? Here's the real "buy" numbers.
new 2007 (you pick all the colors and designs and options) Top Cat 28' Deckboat-loaded with options including triple axle disc brakes etc. with a
600SC Merc EFI package with dual ram steering etc. $125,000 plus tax. It's
gonna run between 84 and 86 mph empty with 2 people in it about half full of gas. build time 8 weeks.
The same boat with a 525EFI will run about $110,000 plus tax and will usually run about 80 mph empty with 2 people in it half full of gas.
The same boat with a 496HO, same options and trailer will be about $90,000
plus tax and will go about 69 mph with 2 people half full of gas.
Hope that helps!
And whoever it is that keeps picking on the Howard boat's "rigging and quality"
for whatever it is worth. you're picking on the wrong company, noone builds
a stronger boat than Gene and his rigging and quality are as good as anyones. maybe not better but as good in a worst case. if your digs on them are "inside" jokes then please forgive my intrusion. if you're being serious, I'd go take a closer look. you've got the wrong impression of those guys. When I think of companies that can affect our deckboat sales here at
Conquest, they are Howard, Hallett E ticket, DCB and Laveycraft and if Lee
ever gets hold of some blanks, Schiada! End of the list.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
PS--With a few minor adjustments, Ultra and Trident could sneak onto that
list also.
More SPAM!
oh yeah - Keith you forgot one!

Todd969
08-29-2006, 06:11 PM
thats easy Dave...somewhere between Kia and BMW of course :cool:
You really meant Yugo and Honda right? :wink:

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:13 PM
He did not mean to forget, but - well - he's not the only one... some would rather not remember where their business ends up going sometimes... :cool:
hard to face the truth

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:15 PM
You really meant Yugo and Honda right? :wink:
thats enough you two... lol

GBarron97
08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Here's just an observation. I never actually log in here because most of you sound as smart as teenage girls.
1. There are plenty of good boats on the market and COBRA is one of the better ones. Are they to the spec of DCB, Hallet, Schiada, and the other ones you've mentioned? Yes they are. If you ignorant people would pull your heads out and actually look at one, you would see the major differences between a true custom and one built out of an L and L catalog. So add Cobra to that finest built boats list.
2. As for the bad mouthing of Cobra boats, You that are doing it have no class. Cobra guys never have bad mouthed any other builder on these boards, and I know because the people with class are the ones I deal with. I.E. Cobra, DCB, and maybe one or two others.
3. As for Mr. Sayre, I will tell you one thing. As the president of a multi-million dollar corporation, I would never install my opinion in a thread that even begins to look like it is degrading another company. I will also say that I have ridden in one of your deck boats and to tell you the truth, if my $100,000 Benz rattled like your boat does, I would drive it through the front window of the dealership.
Take a look at Cobra's boats so you can see how it is supposed to be done. They have true billet hinges on that thing unlike the L and L hinges you use. As far as I am concerned, I wouldn't have one of your boats simply because you lowered yourself to the level of all these teenagers.
That's just my opinion.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:21 PM
r u following me?... :idea:

Mrs.Killer
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM
So is this barron the same as Barron of hallet...
This outta get good

Todd969
08-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Whatta Dick! Poking at each other is half the fun. I'll be the first to say my Nordic and JC ARE NOT PERFECT, but I like them. :p

2forcefull
08-29-2006, 06:26 PM
lol maybe he has cleaned up his foothill shop since I was there last...when I was there he had a couple boats on display taking up a couple bays in his body shop and honestly it has been a couple years since I was there. I did talk to him at the boat show this year and check out his place in Havi last year. He's in Havasu all the time running one of the boats. Had the deck out last weekend with the diesel.
I know what you are saying, I did a drive thru about 2-3 years ago and impressed was not the word I would have used either.
but when I was at havasu these two guys where talking about buying deck boats and when they said DOMN8ER i could not believe what i was hearing, these guy cold buy any deck boat they wanted and just write the check and they were buying Domn8er?----
like I siad you have to see to believe

Tequila-John
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
You know better than that bud. He will never answer your question!!!

Tequila-John
08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
He did not mean to forget, but - well - he's not the only one... some would rather not remember where their business ends up going sometimes... :cool:
hard to face the truth
True that bro. We love our Cobra F all the haters!

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
You know better than that bud. He will never answer your question!!!
Really , I already told cameron what I thought, If he wants me to say it on here I will

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/2610100_2757.JPG
:rollside:

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 06:38 PM
thanks for posting that Cameron...I couldn't remember what the front end looked like. I like it :cool:

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Really , I already told cameron what I thought, If he wants me to say it on here I will
I want to hear :cool:

RAZORSHARP
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
talking with other owners and previous owners, many will admit that they paid too much for their cobra. But they also say they have no regrets and was worth the money.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
tell it like it is!
i'm not escared!

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
back to basics...

2forcefull
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
would you believe 2 out of 3? :rolleyes:

Todd969
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Kinda reminds me of a whale shark
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Rhincodon_typus.jpg

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610101_0001.JPG

soupersonic
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Here's just an observation. I never actually log in here because most of you sound as smart as teenage girls.
1. There are plenty of good boats on the market and COBRA is one of the better ones. Are they to the spec of DCB, Hallet, Schiada, and the other ones you've mentioned? Yes they are. If you ignorant people would pull your heads out and actually look at one, you would see the major differences between a true custom and one built out of an L and L catalog. So add Cobra to that finest built boats list.
2. As for the bad mouthing of Cobra boats, You that are doing it have no class. Cobra guys never have bad mouthed any other builder on these boards, and I know because the people with class are the ones I deal with. I.E. Cobra, DCB, and maybe one or two others.
3. As for Mr. Sayre, I will tell you one thing. As the president of a multi-million dollar corporation, I would never install my opinion in a thread that even begins to look like it is degrading another company. I will also say that I have ridden in one of your deck boats and to tell you the truth, if my $100,000 Benz rattled like your boat does, I would drive it through the front window of the dealership.
Take a look at Cobra's boats so you can see how it is supposed to be done. They have true billet hinges on that thing unlike the L and L hinges you use. As far as I am concerned, I wouldn't have one of your boats simply because you lowered yourself to the level of all these teenagers.
That's just my opinion.
Everyone has one, opinion that is. Looks to me like your either the pot or the kettle trying to act all knowing and above the rest of us. Mr Sayre has always always been very informative,polite,willing to point out a deal to his fellow boater even if it wasnt one of his own.He has never bad mouthed another builder and been there for numerous other boaters.That is a class act.You on the other hand, should have stayed a lurker :yuk:

Throttle
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610101_0011.JPG

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
So are talking about a 17 year old teenage girl, or like a 18 or 19 year old?
It makes a difference. :D

havaduner
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
And thats exactly what this thread is full of...... opinions.
Quit worrying about what the other guy owns. Look at the boats, see what features and details you like (and dont) ride in the boat you are thinking about buying, make up your own mind, justify your buying decision and buy the boat regardless of what brand it is.....
Then you can come on here and give your opinion on everybody elses boat!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, do those front storage locker doors rattle at speed? I've always thought that was a very ingenious idea but was also curious about rattles from them.....Actually, I suppose even if they did, with the wind in your face you would not hear them anyway.....

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 07:10 PM
:) :) :) :)
http://www.***boat.com/banners/function/adimage.php?filename=e-ticket.jpg&contenttype=jpeg (www.eticketboats.com)
stir stir stir. :p

Hallett19
08-29-2006, 07:10 PM
For that kind of loot, I'd go Trident, hands down the most innovative and beautiful boat on the market.

havaduner
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, do those front storage locker doors rattle at speed? I've always thought that was a very ingenious idea but was also curious about rattles from them.....Actually, I suppose even if they did, with the wind in your face you would not hear them anyway.....
First ones rattled, took a little enginering on the hinges and the latches to stop it.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
:) :) :) :)
http://www.***boat.com/banners/function/adimage.php?filename=e-ticket.jpg&contenttype=jpeg (www.eticketboats.com)
stir stir stir. :p
you are correct, and I love your boat! how come someone said earlier it was not a walk through? :idea: cuz I have never had a hard time walkin anywhere when I have been on it!
I think I recall a statement similar to "the 280 Python S.U.B. - a sports boat in a class of its own" :rollside:

GBarron97
08-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I am sorry, I forgot to add E-ticket to the quality built boats list.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 07:26 PM
u r following me... you will do good kid! :rollside:

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
you are correct, and I love your boat! how come someone said earlier it was not a walk through? :idea: cuz I have never had a hard time walkin anywhere when I have been on it!
I think I recall a statement similar to "the 280 Python S.U.B. - a sports boat in a class of its own" :rollside:
I think they meant out the back. Instead it has the big sun pad you have to walk over. Otherwise there is plenty of room to walk or dance on all around. :)
I really do like the looks of the Cobra deck also. I was kind of partial to the colors of the blue and grey one too. :D I have never been on one so I can't speak about performance or function. But they do look great. :)

Throttle
08-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I think they meant out the back. Instead it has the big sun pad you have to walk over. Otherwise there is planty of room to walk or dance on all around. :)
I really do like the looks of the Cobra deck also. I was kind of partial to the colors of the blue and grey one too. :D I have never been on one so I can't speak about performance or function. But they do look great. :)
the drinks are cold, c'mon aboard!

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 07:35 PM
tell it like it is!
i'm not escared!
As for that deckboat, IT IS DAMN UGLY...
ok I crawled thru the 26 red razor with canopies at the show infront of cameron...
I said I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the canopies to the mold and was equally impressed with the clarity of the canopies unlike almost all of the rest of the west coast builders that use that cheap crap. I did say they did need to adjust the height of them as it was in the center field of vision. I was equally impressed with the quality of gauges and interior ammenities, handles, cup holders, controls etc. I was told they were standard
I did not like the seat being raised up and down kinda hooky, the rigging of the boat was the best I had seen from cobra, but the boat was BUILT FOR THE BOAT SHOW. They have come along way since the beginning, but their prices have climbed quicker than quality....
For 155K, I would look to the other two west coast cat builders to build the same at a cheaper price...

SnakeWrench
08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
That's just my opinion.
Uh, Thanks I think, But just for the record, Cobra does not condone a statement such as the one you have made. Ribbing between who's boat is better is something that happens here and as for Kieth Sayre, he made his statement with class and didn't degrade anyone here. Thanks for your support.

Todd969
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Uh, Thanks I think, But just for the record, Cobra does not condone a statement such as the one you have made. Ribbing between who's boat is better is something that happens here and as for Kieth Sayre, he made his statement with class and didn't degrade anyone here. Thanks for your support.
Look at you Jay being all political and schitt. :p

INSman
08-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I like the Viper 290 SXT, less talk about that !! :cool:

Parker Dreamin
08-29-2006, 07:53 PM
And thats exactly what this thread is full of...... opinions.
Quit worrying about what the other guy owns. Look at the boats, see what features and details you like (and dont) ride in the boat you are thinking about buying, make up your own mind, justify your buying decision and buy the boat regardless of what brand it is.....
Then you can come on here and give your opinion on everybody elses boat!
Not worried about anybodies opinion bud, just would like to know. I looked at boats, made up my mind, justified the buying decision and came home with a...
COBRA.......
I have been coming on here for about 2 years and have never given my opinion on any other boat other then what I OWN !!!...

Throttle
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
how bout we just look at it...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_1827.JPG

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
that is a pretty cool thing :cool:

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 07:55 PM
With all this talk about boats being sub par and there rigging not being up to snuff I have to speak my mind.
My budget was somewhat limited (Under 90K) so certain builders were left off the list.(DCB,Howard,Eliminator,Shiada,Hallet,etc..)
When I shopped boats last year I walked into quite a few dealers to test the merchandise and collect info.
I visited Shockwave,Dana,Nordic,Cobra,Advantage and Magic/Sleek before making a decision.
Out of all of the shops I visited my least favorite shop was Cobra.I really liked the 27' V and all of it's cool features.The engine compartment looked really nice and the hide away bimini really stood out.We walked around and looked at boats for probably a half hour and were barely noticed by anybody but the little dogs running around.
There was a long haired guy that was too busy talking on the phone to help.I think we got a random yell to let him know if we wanted something.I don't think my father and I looked like some random hooligans off the street looking to waste time but that is how I felt.
we hit the door without even a business card and never looked back.(I liked the 27 and it very well could have been the boat I chose)
I have now interacted and met a couple people that represent Cobra so I don't think I would have the same trouble today but it urked me as a consumer.(Snake and his wife are very nice and cool people and from what I have seen in the past few months there boats are turning out amazing)
On the flip side we had some good visits with other manufactures.
Tom at Dana was very nice and I might have ended up in the 27 if the interior wasn't so small.
Barry while at Shockwave was great and took a decent amount of time to show us around and educate us as consumers.The 25 Tremor was easily my second choice due to interior room.
Advantage and Nordic were OK nothing special but the they took the time to show us the boat and make sure we left with literature.
With that being said I ended up with the Sleek because the way we were treated from the get go and the deal they made us on the boat was next to impossible to refuse.They have always gone out of there way to fix any issues and handle problems.
There is no doubt in my mind that Cobra pays more attention to rigging then some of the others on the list but they blew it when it came time to pay attention to the consumer. :)
When I build my next boat I will without a doubt add Keith and John West to my shopping list before pulling the trigger.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_2179.JPG

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Cameron how many pics do you have? You're always prepared to post pics on damn near any topic :cool:

Parker Dreamin
08-29-2006, 08:02 PM
With all this talk about boats being sub par and there rigging not being up to snuff I have to speak my mind.
My budget was somewhat limited (Under 90K) so certain builders were left off the list.(DCB,Howard,Eliminator,Shiada,Hallet,etc..)
When I shopped boats last year I walked into quite a few dealers to test the merchandise and collect info.
I visited Shockwave,Dana,Nordic,Cobra,Advantage and Magic/Sleek before making a decision.
Out of all of the shops I visited my least favorite shop was Cobra.I really liked the 27' V and all of it's cool features.The engine compartment looked really nice and the hide away bimini really stood out.We walked around and looked at boats for probably a half hour and were barely noticed by anybody but the little dogs running around.
There was a long haired guy that was too busy talking on the phone to help.I think we got a random yell to let him know if we wanted something.I don't think my father and I looked like some random hooligans off the street looking to waste time but that is how I felt.
we hit the door without even a business card and never looked back.(I liked the 27 and it very well could have been the boat I chose)
I have now interacted and met a couple people that represent Cobra so I don't think I would have the same trouble today but it urked me as a consumer.(Snake and his wife are very nice and cool people and from what I have seen in the past few months there boats are turning out amazing)
Tom at Dana was very nice and I might have ended up in the 27 if the interior wasn't so small.
Barry while at Shockwave was great and took a decent amount of time to show us around and educate us as consumers.The 25 Tremor was easily my second choice due to interior room.
Advantage and Nordic were OK nothing special but the they took the time to show us the boat and make sure we left with literature.
With that being said I ended up with the Sleek because the way we were treated from the get go and the deal they made us on the boat was next to impossible to refuse.They have always gone out of there way to fix any issues and handle problems.
There is no doubt in my mind that Cobra pays more attention to rigging then some of the others on the list but they blew it when it came time to pay attention to the consumer. :)
When I build my next boat I will without a doubt add Keith and John West to my shopping list before pulling the trigger.
when we dealt with Hernando at Cobra (long haired guy) he did a great job, was ontop of the build process and kept in great communication the whole time. Everybody has a bad day I guess, sorry your expierence was not as good as ours.

Todd969
08-29-2006, 08:03 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_2179.JPG
If it wasn't for that tiny bit of trailer, I'd say you pulled up a little to far :)

Parker Dreamin
08-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Cameron how many pics do you have? You're always prepared to post pics on damn near any topic :cool:
lets see if he can pull out a pic of our Cobra...... anything other then the pics on ***boatpics......

Throttle
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
lots, lol. :rollside:

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 08:06 PM
when we dealt with Hernando at Cobra (long haired guy) he did a great job, was ontop of the build process and kept in great communication the whole time. Everybody has a bad day I guess, sorry your expierence was not as good as ours.
Understandable :)
When I have a bad day my girl makes me take out the trash and go to bed without love.
When a boat salesman has a bad day it costs the company a $80K sale.;)

Parker Dreamin
08-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Understandable :)
When I have a bad day my girl makes me take out the trash and go to bed without love.
When a boat salesman has a bad day it costs the company a $80K sale.;)
He probably thought you had no money because of the car you pulled up in........
and funny about that little rat dog....

Throttle
08-29-2006, 08:10 PM
lets see if he can pull out a pic of our Cobra...... anything other then the pics on ***boatpics......
who do ya think posts em...

OGShocker
08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh, Don't get me wrong. The Howard is a fantastic boat and they build a quality piece. I just don't want anyone here thinking I am badmouthing any other builders, because I don't do that unlike some people on this board.
FUK YOU!
I know that wasn't directed at me, I just wanted to say HI! Great seeing you guys last weekend!...
:D

Parker Dreamin
08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
who do ya think posts em...
Lets see you pull a pic of our Cobra 260 Razor out.... come on bud, you can do it.

Throttle
08-29-2006, 08:13 PM
FUK YOU!
I know that wasn't directed at me, I just wanted to say HI! Great seeing you guys last weekend!...
thats funny...

Todd969
08-29-2006, 08:14 PM
FUK YOU!
HiJACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you get your Rhino?

OGShocker
08-29-2006, 08:16 PM
HiJACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you get your Rhino?
Yup!

Todd969
08-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Yup!
That's real exciting. What model did you find?

OGShocker
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
That's real exciting. What model did you find?
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/sxs/500/06RhnSpEdBlu-01-001.jpg

OGShocker
08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Can we PLEASE get back to dumping on SnakeWrench,,,PLEASE!!! :D:D:D

SnakeWrench
08-29-2006, 08:25 PM
FUK YOU!
Back at ya......Senior'

Throttle
08-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Lets see you pull a pic of our Cobra 260 Razor out.... come on bud, you can do it.
I am lookin...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0458.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0457.JPG

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
He probably thought you had no money because of the car you pulled up in........
and funny about that little rat dog....
LOL....
It was raining so we drove the beater;) :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0837.JPG

Jyruiz
08-29-2006, 08:32 PM
The long hair guy at Cobra was not to helpful with me either, I had to walk into his office to ask him questions, maybe he didn't think I was serious because I was there with my son, but he would not get off from behind his desk at all, he wasn't even on the phone. Now though, knowing Snake and Throttle, I would defenitely check them out when it comes time for my next boat.

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 08:38 PM
The long hair guy at Cobra was not to helpful with me either, I had to walk into his office to ask him questions, maybe he didn't think I was serious because I was there with my son, but he would not get off from behind his desk at all, he wasn't even on the phone. Now though, knowing Snake and Throttle, I would defenitely check them out when it comes time for my next boat.
We must look like hooligans...you probably had the beeanie ans glasses on;)
I will set up an appointment to look at there 26 deck when it is finished.I would rather talk to Snake or Throttle since I can't understand dog;)(Looks great so far:))

Jyruiz
08-29-2006, 08:44 PM
We must look like hooligans...you probably had the beeanie ans glasses on;)
I will set up an appointment to look at there 26 deck when it is finished.I would rather talk to Snake or Throttle since I can't understand dog;)(Looks great so far:))
No beanie that day bro, it wasn't cold enough for one, only in Havi during January bro. :)

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 08:47 PM
When I bought my first boat I went by Magic/Sleek in Fontana. The tried to sell me a Cheeta trade in they had in the back. I then looked at the new boats and said get me a price of this boat with these options and let me know. They never called me back. I bought a new boat the next day somewhere else. I guess I just looked like a kid with no money. I don't know.

Biglue
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
No beanie that day bro, it wasn't cold enough for one, only in Havi during January bro. :)
Foo.....I saw you wearing that get up in church. :D

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 08:52 PM
When I bought my first boat I went by Magic/Sleek in Fontana. The tried to sell me a Cheeta trade in they had in the back. I then looked at the new boats and said get me a price of this boat with these options and let me know. They never called me back. I bought a new boat the next day somewhere else. I guess I just looked like a kid with no money. I don't know.
So your saying they could have kept you out of a Commander? :crossx: :220v: :rollside: :D
I will never forgive them!!!;)

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I am lookin...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0458.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0457.JPG
that is an awesome pic with the reflection off the water from all those boats :cool:

Jyruiz
Foo.....I saw you wearing that get up in church. :D
Must have been somebody else bro, I don't go to church. :)

Throttle
its a long shot, is this it?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0424.JPG
:cool:

Biglue
08-29-2006, 08:54 PM
So your saying they could have kept you out of a Commander? :crossx: :220v: :rollside: :D
Hey man.....no need to get ugly. :D

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
As for that deckboat, IT IS DAMN UGLY...
ok I crawled thru the 26 red razor with canopies at the show infront of cameron...
I said I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the canopies to the mold and was equally impressed with the clarity of the canopies unlike almost all of the rest of the west coast builders that use that cheap crap. I did say they did need to adjust the height of them as it was in the center field of vision. I was equally impressed with the quality of gauges and interior ammenities, handles, cup holders, controls etc. I was told they were standard
I did not like the seat being raised up and down kinda hooky, the rigging of the boat was the best I had seen from cobra, but the boat was BUILT FOR THE BOAT SHOW. They have come along way since the beginning, but their prices have climbed quicker than quality....
For 155K, I would look to the other two west coast cat builders to build the same at a cheaper price...
Your Boat must be pretty bitchin, what does yours look like????

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey man.....no need to get ugly. :D
Ugly would be bringing up gardner stuff like the cut throats on the other board;)
I don't roll like that:D

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Yep. And as I have said in the past, I have never had a problem with them or the boat. :)
So I was happy with my choice. I must be, I still have the boat. :D

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
negative, but its a nice pic none the less :cool:

Biglue
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Ugly would be bringing up gardner stuff like the cut throats on the other board;)
I don't roll like that:D
FLMAO.

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
http://forums.waterwolves.com/uploads/post-327-1156681474.jpg
His boat is so bad the girls hover towards it!!!:D

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
You happen to have a pick of kilrtoy??

Cole Trickle
Yep. And as I have said in the past, I have never had a problem with them or the boat. :)
So I was happy with my choice. I must be, I still have the boat. :D
shoot... that things gonns be paid off soon:)
How many years have you had the E-Ticket now??!!;):D

dicudmore
I saw the build of your boat...and it came out real nice :cool:
as for the pics of Kilrtoys...ask and you shall receive...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192DSC01412.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192New_Image.JPG

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
I can't find one of his boat. Here is one of his dash.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC02029.JPG

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
FLMAO.
:crossx: :D

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 09:02 PM
shoot... that things gonns be paid off soon:)
How many years have you had the E-Ticket now??!!;):D
This is America. Is anything ever paid off? :)

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:02 PM
http://forums.waterwolves.com/uploads/post-327-1156681474.jpg
His boat is so bad the girls hover towards it!!!:D
LOL!

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
trust me when I tell you this...Mrs Kilrtoy photographs MUCH better than he does :D

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
This is America. Is anything ever paid off? :)
Not yet?;)
I am trying to re fi my house for the 8th time so I can keep buying gas for the boat:D

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 09:05 PM
trust me when I tell you this...Mrs Kilrtoy photographs MUCH better than he does :D
LOL....
And as hard as it is to believe she looks better in person!!!!!!!!!! :p :rollside: :D

MR HARLEY
08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
What kind of boat do you have and what does it look like? :D

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
What kind of boat do you have and what does it look like? :D
I want to know what kind of engine he has. lol :p

MR HARLEY
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Me too. :)

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Does he have perfect hair and wear black socks? :p

Throttle
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
mmmm?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0380.JPG

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I can't find one of his boat. Here is one of his dash.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC02029.JPG
That would suck, not to be able to leave behind a "DAMN UGLY BOAT", a deck boat at that, and with one motor.

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Here is my pic
http://files.myopera.com/Mathilda/albums/50430/thumbs/Fabio's%20Ugly%20Little%20Brother%20.jpg_thumb.jpg
and here is my boat
twin powered at that
dont tell Mrs Killer that my sancha was rowing her
http://www.by-the-sea.com/middlepathboats/images/mp_rowing1.jpg

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 09:14 PM
That would suck, not to be able to leave behind a "DAMN UGLY BOAT", a deck boat at that, and with one motor.
I think he was only using one whacka. I think he would go twice as fast and straighter with the other whacka running. :)

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Jealousy, is not very becoming on your part

MR HARLEY
08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Are you serious? Kilr has a deckboat with one motor? :D

Cole Trickle
08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
I think he was only using one whacka. I think he would go twice as fast and straighter with the other whacka running. :)
I think the bimini was up as well!!! :idea:

SnakeWrench
08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Here is my pic
http://files.myopera.com/Mathilda/albums/50430/thumbs/Fabio's%20Ugly%20Little%20Brother%20.jpg_thumb.jpg
and here is my boat
twin powered at that
dont tell Mrs Killer that my sancha was rowing her
http://www.by-the-sea.com/middlepathboats/images/mp_rowing1.jpg
LMAO Good one Miguel. LMAO

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Jealousy, is not very becoming on your part
Only thing i'm jealous of is my girl is cheating on me with you, if that is really your sancha? You do have a Very nice boat, I just so happen to be a Python Owner.

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
I think the bimini was up as well!!! :idea:
Just think if he cut loose the guy on the parasail. :jawdrop:
http://www.exwired.org/david/parasail/parasail_12.jpg

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Are you serious? Kilr has a deckboat with one motor? :D
You should start the thread at the beginnig or even a few posts before.

MR HARLEY
08-29-2006, 09:21 PM
You should start the thread at the beginnig or even a few posts before.
And if I wanted your opinion I would give it to you. :)

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
lol
:argue:
:boxingguy

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Only thing i'm jealous of is my girl is cheating on me with you, if that is really your sancha? You do have a Very nice boat, I just so happen to be a Python Owner.
I know you are , dont get hurt by my comments, your happy and that is all that matters, if it makes you feel better
the hallet deckboat is the UGLIEST MADE....by far
now I hear gbarron97 coming for me

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 09:29 PM
I know you are , dont get hurt by my comments, your happy and that is all that matters, if it makes you feel better
I think you mean the old Hallett deck boat...the newer 285 is a touch nicer :cool:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I think you mean the old Hallett deck boat...the newer 285 is a touch nicer :cool:
Ok the last place(old one) and second to last place(new one), is that better

Biglue
08-29-2006, 09:36 PM
mmmm?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0380.JPG
Closer.........but not quite it. :rollside:

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok the last place(old one) and second to last place(new one), is that better
yeah that is more like it :cool:

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
LOL....
And as hard as it is to believe she looks better in person!!!!!!!!!! :p :rollside: :D
I nominate this post for understatement of the year :D

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
That's what your suppose to do on the internet is BS sometimes, all I've ever heard about you and your wife is that you guys are VERY nice people

GotIlmor?
08-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm soooo sorry, I thought you asked me a question, oh ya you did, but don't worry I will not reply to any more of your posts because you might have a Harley and you might even be a Raider fan by the sound of your text.

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 10:02 PM
That's what your suppose to do on the internet is BS sometimes, all I've ever heard about you and your wife is that you guys are VERY nice people
We are and we would hang with ya anytime, or should I say, you can try and hang with us...LOL
I just express my opinions, sorry about that...

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
try not to ruin his tough guy reputation :wink:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 10:09 PM
try not to ruin his tough guy reputation :wink:
HEY NOW,
I never said I was a tuff guy

Phat Matt
08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. :D
He is a big meanie. :p

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. :D
He is a big meanie. :p
Oh yeah, Now im gonna post pics of you and my dog at 6 in the moring

Troubles No More
08-30-2006, 05:45 AM
I prefer this Howard deck boat, this one was on the showroom floor the last time I was at the shop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/112128-sportdeck.jpg

Todd969
08-30-2006, 06:02 AM
HEY NOW,
I never said I was a tuff guy
You're such a stuck up DCB snob :wink:

ChumpChange
08-30-2006, 06:54 AM
This was my exact experience in buy a boat as well. We went to see Cobra from seeing advertising but ended up across the street buying a boat from Dana. When my wife asked a questions to Hernando, he just ignored her. I htink there might be a problem with profiling young people there. It's a new economy and the young people now have money too(or great financing options).

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Still For Sale with a TPI 600 for power.
I prefer this Howard deck boat, this one was on the showroom floor the last time I was at the shop.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/112128-sportdeck.jpg

havaduner
08-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Not worried about anybodies opinion bud, just would like to know. I looked at boats, made up my mind, justified the buying decision and came home with a...
COBRA.......
I have been coming on here for about 2 years and have never given my opinion on any other boat other then what I OWN !!!...
Hey PD, my question wasnt directed directly to you, sorry if I offended. I also, dont give my opinions of boats I dont own. I was directing my quote of your question to everybody who likes to spout opinions of everybody elses boat. BTW, I own a COBRA.

MR HARLEY
08-30-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm soooo sorry, I thought you asked me a question, oh ya you did, but don't worry I will not reply to any more of your posts because you might have a Harley and you might even be a Raider fan by the sound of your text.
Raider fan? , thats Kilrtoys favorite team not mine, I heard he likes USC also. :D
And yes I own a Harley. :)

Todd969
08-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Raider fan? , thats Kilrtoys favorite team not mine, I heard he likes USC also. :D
And yes I own a Harley. :)
Come on Craig, that old Huffy beach cruiser with a motor doesn't make it a Harley. :p
http://www.americanchaindrive.com/images/BeachCruiserTitan1000lge.jpg

MR HARLEY
08-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Come on Craig, that old Huffy beach cruiser with a motor doesn't make it a Harley. :p
Oh you got jokes now.......................lol :)

riverracerx
08-30-2006, 08:16 AM
This thread amuses me to no end. :smile:

wedge44
08-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey PD, my question wasnt directed directly to you, sorry if I offended. I also, dont give my opinions of boats I dont own. I was directing my quote of your question to everybody who likes to spout opinions of everybody elses boat. BTW, I own a COBRA.
Jeff is this you let this be known....I almost bought from you guys, but your boy hernando came right out and tryed to charge $2000.00 for Bravo 1X on the 496 HO....and hello 1X is standard on the HO....dumbshit thought I was stupid.....I took my $70 and went to ultra......wedge :D :D :D
MY BAD Havaduner I thought you might have been Jeff Bohn

SnakeWrench
08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Stay tuned for an important anouncement.

redi4fun
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Snakewrench is the new GM of Cobra Boats and all ***boaters get 20% off????????????????????????????????????? :idea: :idea: :)

centurion tunnel
08-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh boy :rollside:

Magic
08-30-2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.kasperco.dk/pic/pic_popcorn.gif

centurion tunnel
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Snakewrench is the new GM of Cobra Boats and all ***boaters get 20% off????????????????????????????????????? :idea: :idea: :)
Now that would be an idea...

Jyruiz
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
And giving us full value on our trade-ins. :)

ChumpChange
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Are you going to show us a broken Raylar Piston? :)

Deano
08-30-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm still waiting for that one

Parker Dreamin
08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
no sir....
here it is...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9227141051749303_0_BG.jpg

Parker Dreamin
08-30-2006, 10:38 AM
right on bro.....
i hear ya about opinions too and you know what they say. What cobra do you own?

TOBTEK
08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
I already have dibs on your boat.... Im just on the DL right now.
STEP UP BUDDY! and If you need help with financing I may be able to assist in a few ways. LETS MAKE A DEAL

TOBTEK
08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
After having spent some time poking around some Howards, I'd put their rigging up against anyone elses and yes even against the zip-tie <tongue in cheek> kings DCB. :rollside:
YOU DIDNT SEEM TO MIND RIDING MY THIS DCB
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419HD_in_Tobtek_1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135SHASTA_2.jpg
You can have a deck boat without buying in " STATION WAGON " :)
have I mentioned its for sale latley :)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Nope, that was a great ride in a fabulous boat! Wasn't knocking DCB at all. Was just trying to point-counterpoint the peeps that were questioning the rigging of a Howard. As far as rigging, based on what I have seen DCB and Howard are in the same league. Kind of surprised you have not sold it already.....
YOU DIDNT SEEM TO MIND RIDING MY THIS DCB
have I mentioned its for sale latley :)

SnakeWrench
08-30-2006, 01:03 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Well, because of all the attention this post brought, we had a customer come in to see what it was all about. Well, Thanks to all of you, he bought the 280 Python with the 600sc.
Again, Cobra would like to thank all of you for making the sale of this boat so easy.

Jyruiz
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Well, because of all the attention this post brought, we had a customer come in to see what it was all about. Well, Thanks to all of you, he bought the 280 Python with the 600sc.
Again, Cobra would like to thank all of you for making the sale of this boat so easy.
Cool, whats our cut? :)

riverracerx
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
As I have said before, I really like the looks of the Cobra line. I have never ridden in one, and would like to, but my initial reaction to the looks and what fit and finish I have seen are positive!
Keep up the good work.
I may not own a baller boat, but it has been trouble free (except for water pumps) and is as solid as the day I bought it!

OutCole'd
08-30-2006, 01:09 PM
As I have said before, I really like the looks of the Cobra line. I have never ridden in one, and would like to, but my initial reaction to the looks and what fit and finish I have seen are positive!
Keep up the good work.
I may not own a baller boat, but it has been trouble free (except for water pumps) and is as solid as the day I bought it!
:cool: :)

centurion tunnel
08-30-2006, 01:15 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
So we get to split the commission right :rollside:

Cole Trickle
08-30-2006, 01:19 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Cool!!
Hopefully you hooked him up with a smoking deal!!! :)
How fast do you think Kilrtoys new boat will be? :crossx: ;)

Deano
08-30-2006, 01:29 PM
you're welcome.
Nice boat for sure.

Parker Dreamin
08-30-2006, 01:43 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
THATS HOW WE DO IT BROTHA.... HOW ABOUT SENDING OUT A COUPLE TEES, HATS OR STICKERS.......

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 01:46 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Does this mean my commission check is in the mail...

Cole Trickle
08-30-2006, 01:48 PM
THATS HOW WE DO IT BROTHA.... HOW ABOUT SENDING OUT A COUPLE TEES, HATS OR STICKERS.......
Size (L) T- shirt and a Flex fit hat would work for me:D

dicudmore
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
RIGHT ON :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
That would be a TPI 700
My mistake, for some reason I thought it was the 600.....

INSman
08-30-2006, 08:07 PM
That is funny right there Matt :)

Parker Dreamin
08-30-2006, 08:55 PM
yup, i am a xxl and a xl flex fit... thanks bud... and hernando for the address........

Throttle
08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Cool, whats our cut? :)
I have been askin the same ? for a long time, lol.

Throttle
08-30-2006, 09:47 PM
new shirt would be kool, cuz i spilled some jack on it tonite celebrating the sale...

Throttle
08-30-2006, 09:49 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
rumor has it that he was gonna buy a conquest :idea:
sorry Keith, couldn't let that go without being said, don't know if its true but it sounded good.

Throttle
08-30-2006, 10:00 PM
here ya go bro...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610000_0108.JPG

Throttle
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
yep, :idea:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0610.JPG

havaduner
08-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Yep, commission checks for everyone, along with Hats, T- Shirts, Stickers and Cup Coozies, yeah thier all in the mail to you all, yeah thats it, thier in the mail! LOL

havaduner
08-31-2006, 06:37 AM
right on bro.....
i hear ya about opinions too and you know what they say. What cobra do you own?
I own a Venom, I dont know how to post a picture here, but go look in Throttles pictures, its in there a couple times.

Parker Dreamin
08-31-2006, 06:39 AM
here ya go bro...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610000_0108.JPG
damn bro, you pulled it off.... that is a pick that I dont even have.... good work right there. Got any others?

Throttle
08-31-2006, 07:08 AM
I own a Venom, I dont know how to post a picture here, but go look in Throttles pictures, its in there a couple times.
here it is...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0259.JPG
:)

SnakeWrench
08-31-2006, 10:13 AM
yep, :idea:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0610.JPG
Wait a second, where is the jumper cable picture at. We've all seen running shots, but I wanna see the jumper cable shot. It's one of my faorites.
LOL Kidding Kilr. It's all Cams fault. Blame him.

Hotcobra270
08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Who does this deck boat belong to? I saw it being built while mine was being done..

King Bee AZ
08-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Deano,
I have an 06' 28' Magic w/600sc for sale if your brother is interested. It has less than 20 hrs, used 2x's. I can email pics if he is interested or have him call me @ 602-920-1700.
King Bee AZ :boxed:

havaduner
08-31-2006, 12:19 PM
here it is...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0259.JPG
:)
Thanks Cam, we had a blast with you guys last weekend, Sunday morn. was great. Give me a call Sunday at the track, we'll have a beer. Is the boy going with you?

SnakeWrench
08-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Deano, Have you bro call me and I will build him whatever he wants.
Thanks
Jay

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Wait a second, where is the jumper cable picture at. We've all seen running shots, but I wanna see the jumper cable shot. It's one of my faorites.
here it is just for you
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616HB11.JPG

Deano
08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Deano, Have you bro call me and I will build him whatever he wants.
Thanks
Jay
I will, He is leaning pretty far over towards a e-ticket now. He lurks on here and wants to name it "Phatt Matts friend" :p

SnakeWrench
08-31-2006, 02:17 PM
here it is just for you
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616HB11.JPG
Thanks Kilr, I knew that was around somewhere.

SnakeWrench
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
I will, He is leaning pretty far over towards a e-ticket now. He lurks on here and wants to name it "Phatt Matts friend" :p
LOL Cool. Well if he needs anything, tell him to call me.

Phat Matt
08-31-2006, 03:52 PM
LOL. If he does that I will personally walk him in and help him out with his deal. :D

Throttle
08-31-2006, 08:36 PM
how is it my fault again? :cry: