PDA

View Full Version : Add on a DVD player?

Itsahobby
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Tried this over in Tow Rigs and didn't get any response, so I thought I would try over here. :)
I just got a 1999 Suburban and want to add a dvd player for the kids. I've heard it is better to get a laptop computer. Any Pro's and Con's on either setup? And, what setup would you recommend?
Thanks for any replies,
Jerry

LAFD
08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
have you checked out any overhead consules at best buy??

Jyruiz
08-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Tried this over in Tow Rigs and didn't get any response, so I thought I would try over here. :)
I just got a 1999 Suburban and want to add a dvd player for the kids. I've heard it is better to get a laptop computer. Any Pro's and Con's on either setup? And, what setup would you recommend?
Thanks for any replies,
Jerry
It is a pain to go the laptop route, not as friendly as having a DVD installed in the SUV. I did this for a while, then I finally got off my lazy azz and installed one. Much easier for the kids to use and I even installed an X-Box for the kids because the ride to Havi is longer than one movie.

squirt'nmyload
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
i have all directed video monitors in my denali.....they come with built in dvd players and work great

Itsahobby
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks, I will check the ones at Best Buy. I can't spend too much, which brand gives you the most bang for the buck?
Thanks again,
Jerry

LAFD
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks, I will check the ones at Best Buy. I can't spend too much, which brand gives you the most bang for the buck?
Thanks again,
Jerry
try a few places best buy, circuit city, fry etc. most will have overhead consoles with built in dvd players. a laptop would work but a pain to figure out where its gunna sit and all that.

C-2
08-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Target has a 2 DVD/2 screen system for between $175-$250, depends if you catch it on sale. Kids can watch 2 separate movies at once. In fact Target has several systems, all reasonably priced. I think they are Kawasaki (WTF?).
The laptop is nice, but a pain in the arse. All that bumping around can't be good on the screen hinges.