PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dog Chases Skunk

Wet Dream
08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
And gets nailed! Then the son of a bitch runs through the house before we knew it. Then the smell knocks you on your ass, then you have to try to coax the little prick back outside so you dont have to touch him or so that he doesn't touch anything else. Don't get me wrong..I love the dog (yellow lab mix), but he's a complete tool! This happens about an hour after I get off the phone with an adoption agency. We're getting ready to adopt a Greyhound and this poor lady is making a house visit to check things out. We're off to a great friggin start here. The house stinks and I wasn't planning on getting new carpet until we knew how well this Greyhound is going to do inside. UGH. Now I'm back to mixing another batch of explosive ozygen. (Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and soap.) Fugger.

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Get several large cans of Tomato Juice and bathe the dog with it. The acid will kill the skunk stinch .. :rollside:
C.T. :wink:

ratso
08-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Get several large cans of Tomato Juice and bathe the dog with it. The acid will kill the skunk stinch .. :rollside:
...then hopefully the house won't smell like a skunk anymore... just a dog. :D

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 08:41 PM
...then hopefully the house won't smell like a skunk anymore... just a dog. :D
A wet Tomato with a hit of dawg :D hell if you get some celery juice to add to the tomato juice he'de smell like a bloody mary. :D

Rexone
08-30-2006, 01:17 AM
And gets nailed! Then the son of a bitch runs through the house before we knew it. Then the smell knocks you on your ass, then you have to try to coax the little prick back outside so you dont have to touch him or so that he doesn't touch anything else. Don't get me wrong..I love the dog (yellow lab mix), but he's a complete tool! This happens about an hour after I get off the phone with an adoption agency. We're getting ready to adopt a Greyhound and this poor lady is making a house visit to check things out. We're off to a great friggin start here. The house stinks and I wasn't planning on getting new carpet until we knew how well this Greyhound is going to do inside. UGH. Now I'm back to mixing another batch of explosive ozygen. (Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and soap.) Fugger.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732hilarious.gif
I keep a couple cans of T Juice in the cupboard just for such an occasion.

Riomouse911
08-30-2006, 03:17 AM
My buddy's wife adopted a determined Blue heeler that was thrashing about in some bushes at the end of their driveway about 3 months back. Mitch smelled the odor, and tried to get the dog to come out but it was too late, he got blasted. Mitch sends his wife to the store to grab the T-juice and bathe her dog. They thought all was well but when she was done the dog jumped outta the tub, went outside, and yakked up the entire skunk tail and all. They both said THAT really stunk up the place... :cry:

Wet Dream
08-30-2006, 06:00 AM
Tomato juice doesn't work. Thats an old wives tale. According to research, skunk scent overwhelms the olfactory nerves in your nose. When you bathe in tomato juice, it actually has a different odor and so the nose thinks the smell is gone. Reports will say that it "neutralizes" the EFFECTS of the odor. Well, in a way it does, it lets the tomato scent more noticeable, but it does not diminish the skunk scent. The bomb is: hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. I've upped the oxygenation process, which now includes bleach. Kinda nice. the dogs actually smells normal, but the house is a different story.

Tremor Girl
08-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Natures Miracle makes a product for skunks that really works. The enzymes in it feast on the odor. That's what a vet or groomer will use if you take it to them.

Riverless
08-30-2006, 07:40 AM
They thought all was well but when she was done the dog jumped outta the tub, went outside, and yakked up the entire skunk tail and all. They both said THAT really stunk up the place...:cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: ...is right, yuk!!!