PDA

View Full Version : Havi City Counsel changes the rules, AGAIN!!!

Spotondl
08-30-2006, 05:22 AM
http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2006/08/30/news/news02.txt

TCN
08-30-2006, 05:40 AM
We watched the council meeting on tv lastnight and the mayor and council definately do not agree on everything. The new police chief is trying to rule with an iron fist.

GHT
08-30-2006, 05:49 AM
Sooooo, this is only for the east side of the channel? and Now we will have a tie down? And the spacing is 11 ft (most boats are eight to eight and a half wide)? This would leave an average of three feet between boats. Unless two people get close to one side and use two tie downs then it could leave up to six feet to one side for the kids to play??
Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. If I want to have an "Adult Day" I'll find another party on the lake. I agree some of the other potential issues are B.S. but this doesn't sound bad to me.
Don

GHT
08-30-2006, 05:51 AM
We watched the council meeting on tv lastnight and the mayor and council definately do not agree on everything. The new police chief is trying to rule with an iron fist.
Seems the new Police chief is trying to make up some of the other rules like riding on the engine cover in the channel etc... Mutha F'er needs to worry about his own house. I'll bet his life is a complete gaggle F... So, this is why he worries about others so much.

bignet
08-30-2006, 05:58 AM
It's BS, no matter how u slice it.. I've got to lil girls, and I think this is BS....Making an ignoramous rule like this, doesn't better boating, it's just another way this city wants to take more and more away FROM boaters. It's like when the federal govt decides it's in OUR best interest to put "security" cameras in every frickin orifice of America, and ignorant mofo's always say,"well if it it'll keep me safer than I don't see the harm." I always say, "You don't see the harm because you're an idiot!" :mad: I'm sure the city is hiding behind mama's skirt by saying,"It's safer if we can keep 11 feet in between each boat." Ya it's safer, and so is keeping every boat out of the water between 11 am thru 4 pm...Oops did I say that??? :rolleyes: There goes another ordinance next year, sorry people!
my .02
bignet

GHT
08-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Look, I agree with the point your trying to make. I also, agree the City Counsel is hidding behind Mama's skirt too. I'm not looking at it as a "safety issue". I'm looking at it as a "comfort issue" (only the 11ft item, and nothing else). How many idiots try to shove their boats into an area much too small for their skill then everyone is running to save the boat of the person already on the beach? 11ft give plenty of space for the "Newby, idiot boat driver", for kids to play, and for people to go between boats and not worry about a possible wake making the boats come together an crush a kid or person that happened to want to take a dip. Not to mention, if we have ties we don't have to keep setting our boat back on the beach and you won't have to set your own spike.
I think this, and only this item is not so bad. All the other issues are BULLSH!T

Spotondl
08-30-2006, 06:22 AM
The thing that pisses me off is that they are making offenses a focking misdemeanor (up to 6 months/$1000)... WTF? It's a friggen parking ticket if anything... So they will enforce this stupid new rule, piss someone off and arrest them on the new behaviour law? It's entrapment I say... :mad:

duffster
08-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Do they still have signs in front of Kingsview condos??

catman-do
08-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Dont mean to be the drag here, but I dont believe any of us that are complaining were at these meetings trying to do something about it (me included)... Therefore I dont complain about it because obviosly its not a big enough issue for me to care about.

Riveratz
08-30-2006, 06:45 AM
So they are saying that on the Island side anything goes???

lawbreaker2
08-30-2006, 06:45 AM
The parking thing is not to bad, Like GHT said, but the rest is B.S. and all you guy's have to do is pull together and take your boats somewhere eles, and well the city loose money from food, gas, hotel, tax, and stores start complaining, they will take a look at what went wrong, Here in clevland we had a place called the flats down on the river bars all along the river 100's of boats, the city did not like the drinking and partying, they raided all the bars for code vilolations, and now nobody will go down there, most of the bars closed up and it is a gost town, and now the city is trying to bring people back down there. NOT ME , since 2000 40,000 people have moved out of this shithole. :mad: None of the big show will come here anymore cuz there is nothing to do in the after hours like vegas. So what I'm trying to say is they will keep going till they run you out!!! And I know alot of you own houses there, And if you all start selling and getting out, that city will go down hard and will take along time to come back. :cry:

GHT
08-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Dont mean to be the drag here, but I dont believe any of us that are complaining were at these meetings trying to do something about it (me included)... Therefore I dont complain about it because obviosly its not a big enough issue for me to care about.
You have a point... But not everyone here lives there so, therefore couldn't go. Although their decisions affect all of us that boat there. So, we all have a reason to bitch, don't you think?
Guess you shouldn't have an opinion about Iraq because you aren't over there (or maybe never where). But yet it affects us.?.?.?
my .02 (not being confrontational)

Ziggy
08-30-2006, 07:11 AM
A wave runner is gonna look funny in an 11' space all by itself.
NExt the city will have to deal with trip and fall suits brought on by bozo's tripping over all the mooring lines..
Its a never ending viscious circle.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2006, 07:19 AM
I would expect the seawall on the Island to be extended all the way down to either the current no mooring area or the entrance from Thompson Bayl with mooring stanchions evenly spaced out. Something tells me that will be a winter project for the City. Who knows, they may start charging a day use fee for the mooring spots like they do when you beach anywhere South on the lake on the AZ side.

phebus
08-30-2006, 07:58 AM
I was at an earlier city council meeting, and they approved an extension of the seawall on the island side, so yes, it will be an upcoming project.

Todd969
08-30-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't understand the uproar here. The suggested rules aren't going to hurt anybody. If anything several of the rules will make for safer boating. How many times have we seen little kids sitting on the front or transom and said" WTF are these parents thinking?"
As for the mooring issue, why do most of you complaining care? It seems like most, not all bitch about the channel anyway. If the laws are to hard for you to work with, go to Steamboat,Copper, Sandbar, Moabi etc.
I say these things because:
1) I don't drink so I could care less about the risk of a OUI or lewd conduct charge.
2) Dana and I are not part of the hardcore weekend party crowd, but we do enjoy visiting with several of them when they are close.
3) If and when I feel the need to see half naked women we can go to sandbar. ( went 1 time this year )
The ordinances are being placed to help the channel become more family friendly and remove the "trouble".

Ion
08-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Well...no mooring restrictions will apply where no mooring tie-off rings exist...like on the island side.

HavasuHome
08-30-2006, 08:33 AM
I agree with what Todd said. If you do not like it go someplace else. The lake is big enough for everybody. And if you think this town will dry up because the city is passing an ordinence regarding mooring you are crazy.