PDA

View Full Version : Recite the alphabet backwards.....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-30-2006, 02:20 PM
I just got some video of a cop giving some drunk guy sobreity tests and one of them was to recite the alphabet backwards.....is this just a trick to get drunk people to say "I can't even do that when I am sober" because I am sober and its not easy to do.

Her454
08-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I have always wondered the same thing and dreaded it too because I KNOW I cant say it backwards sober, much less after a drink or two.
Might as well cuff me if thats the case. :rollside:

Her454
08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
where is kilr when ya need him:idea:
At prayer meeting.

YeLLowBoaT
08-30-2006, 02:29 PM
lol... It all depends on how much time is given. I could do it. I would be just reciting in my head, until I figured out which letter came next...
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba
yep only had to recite it about 5 time... No way in hell I could do it if I was drunk...

DesertGirl
08-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Get me my lawyer, I'd be going down for sure!

That Guy
08-30-2006, 02:37 PM
At prayer meeting.
LOL :crossx: :crossx:

grads2112
08-30-2006, 02:40 PM
lol... It all depends on how much time is given. I could do it. I would be just reciting in my head, until I figured out which letter came next...
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfeDCBa
yep only had to recite it about 5 time... No way in hell I could do it if I was drunk...
another DCB post... way to sneak it in on us like that.

Jesster
08-30-2006, 02:40 PM
He should have just turned around and recited it. :crossx: :crossx: :p

Sotally Tober
08-30-2006, 02:51 PM
I could not do it. I would be stuffed and cuffed sober.

Cheap Thrills
08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Got pulled over one time and the officer said, Do you know your ABCs? .... Yessir I said.
he said ok, I want you to say your ABCs backwards.. I looked him right in the eyes and said..... Your ABCs backwards..... done deal I was on my way home.
C.T. :wink:

RiverDave
08-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I think my response would be "You First."
Albeit it I like the guy that just said "ABC's backwards" response better.
There was a huge thread about this about 6 months ago.
RD

RitcheyRch
08-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Dont think I could do it either.

CBadDad
08-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Just respectfully decline to take ANY field sobriety test. You don't have to, so don't. If you want to keep your license, you gotta submit to a blood alcohol test (breathalizer, blood or urine) but you do not have to do stupid roadside gymnastics. ABC's backwards? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:
I got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint once. Refused the FST, blew into the breathalizer and was on my way in less than 5 minutes. :cool:

Moneypitt
08-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Just respectfully decline to take ANY field sobriety test. You don't have to, so don't. If you want to keep your license, you gotta submit to a blood alcohol test (breathalizer, blood or urine) but you do not have to do stupid roadside gymnastics. ABC's backwards? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:
I got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint once. Refused the FST, blew into the breathalizer and was on my way in less than 5 minutes. :cool:
Pass the FST and you're still gonna have to do the breathalizer, so just skip right to it. If you pass it, you're going home. The FST is just more ammo against you if it's a marginal case............MP

Squeezing Spectra
08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
People, I am just wondering why they ask you to do that. i have no intention of getting pulled over for drunk driving and having to take a FST. I am just curious as to why they ask you to say the alphabet backwards.
Thats all.
Mrs. Bordsmnj <-----logged on at Squeezing Spectra's house!!

Rocknpalms
08-30-2006, 07:39 PM
When I was living at home and came home late my mother would ask the same question. The problem was she could do it in German and English. I could never get past "V" sober or not.

Ziggy
08-31-2006, 07:42 AM
There was a huge thread about this about 6 months ago.
RD
That thread was about skipping every other letter...which is doable.....backwards is a crock of shit. I'd ask the cop if its Homework and what day it's due :) ....geez.

Kachina26
08-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Get me my lawyer, I'd be going down for sure!
Just gonna bite my lip on that one........

SHOTKALLIN
08-31-2006, 07:46 AM
There must be something big goin on. Kilrtoy has not posted on this thread yet. lmao

ratso
08-31-2006, 09:53 AM
I just got some video of a cop giving some drunk guy sobreity tests and one of them was to recite the alphabet backwards.....is this just a trick to get drunk people to say "I can't even do that when I am sober" because I am sober and its not easy to do.
That would have been Reno 911 I do believe.