PDA

View Full Version : Launch Ramps? :help:

RiverIndo
08-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Staying in Parker but would like to Launch in Havi and head up to the channel sunday or so. Anyone know of any Spots beside Take off point. Seeming this might be real busy early and might not have a parking spot. This is gonna be an adult weekend how is the parker action anyways? Where are the spots? For some good "OH" action?? Sorry not meaning to sound sick. But have some friends going that want to see what the "ADULT" action is like. Anyways thanks for the help.. And Be safe this weekend.

CBadDad
08-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Cattail Cove is about 15 miles (I'm guessing) north of the Parker Dam. Plenty of parking and the Rangers keep everything moving.

mondorally
08-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Havasu Springs. I think its $10 to launch. How big is your boat? I ask because you'll be traveling up the whole lake..... and it can get rough on a big (any!) weekend.
-Justin

Chromegorilla
08-31-2006, 11:21 AM
But have some friends going that want to see what the "ADULT" action is like.
Smells like a sausage barge in the making...... :)

Hardly Satisfied
08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Cattail Cove is about 15 miles (I'm guessing) north of the Parker Dam. Plenty of parking and the Rangers keep everything moving.
cattail cove but get there early

bruddah
08-31-2006, 11:51 AM
i like goint to parker granted i have a 21' jet, so it is better for the passengers and the hull. but the action is fun, its mellower that havi for sure but you can get the lower sand bar across form the bluewater pretty pakced and meet some cool people or you can go to the mini sandbar thats more liek a beach right across from the bar. all in all you will have a good time, problem with parker on a big weekend is there is too many people for the amount of water on the river, gets a little tight!

Mrs. casean
08-31-2006, 11:59 AM
cattail cove but get there early
VERY EARLY! We got denied at 8am on the Sat morniing of Memorial weekend, but Sunday they let us in if we parked all crazy and in front of each other... we did :) I'd say no later than 7 to be safe.

RiverIndo
08-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Smells like a sausage barge in the making...... :)
No sausage boat here. Me and Wifey, Her 2 girlfriends and one of my best friends. 2 guys 3 gals and & 6 Hooters. Which would include 4 D's and 2 Double D's!!! Where's the pasty Boat..WhooHaa!! :p
Oh yeah by the way Thanks for the info. Hopefully won't get stuck down South. Would be fun to hit it all up.

andy01
08-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Havasu Springs. I think its $10 to launch. How big is your boat? I ask because you'll be traveling up the whole lake..... and it can get rough on a big (any!) weekend.
-Justin
Not on a holiday weekend, they willl turn him away.

RiverIndo
08-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Havasu Springs is that a state operated launch? I have a Genesis 247. The chop wont eat me up headed to the chan? or will it?

mondorally
08-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Not on a holiday weekend, they willl turn him away.
Good to know. We had a place in there and then a storage...... until a few months ago. Now that I'm not on the list.... how much for the gate code? :) :)
-Justin

mondorally
08-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Havasu Springs is that a state operated launch? I have a Genesis 247. The chop wont eat me up headed to the chan? or will it?
Its private. I used to do the run in a 21' Schiada RT. That boat ate up chop but it was still a wild ride.
-Justin

Cole Trickle
08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
You can aso go to Lookout point.
It is the closest launch ramp to the damm and accsesible from the 95.
It is free to launch but you better get there early and bring a 4x4 as the ramp is steep.(No dock so someone will have to swim or bum a ride to the boat)
Parkers lower Sandbar will probably get wilder than Havasu.The police in Parker are more concerned with Drinking and driving then girls showing there naughty bits.(This is good police work as opposed to Havasu's no fun policy)
Upper sandbar is full of HB regulars and has a little beach area with a good crowd.It's fun but with the kids there people only get a little wild.(Not your spot if your looking for stripper poles and Drill Do's)

RiverIndo
08-31-2006, 12:41 PM
You can aso go to Lookout point.
It is the closest launch ramp to the damm and accsesible from the 95.
It is free to launch but you better get there early and bring a 4x4 as the ramp is steep.(No dock so someone will have to swim or bum a ride to the boat)
Parkers lower Sandbar will probably get wilder than Havasu.The police in Parker are more concerned with Drinking and driving then girls showing there naughty bits.(This is good police work as opposed to Havasu's no fun policy)
Upper sandbar is full of HB regulars and has a little beach area with a good crowd.It's fun but with the kids there people only get a little wild.(Not your spot if your looking for stripper poles and Drill Do's)
Yeah i thought that was Take off point. I launched there on a non busy weekend and had no problems. Figured it would get full quick. If It is I guess i will head Back to emerald cove and then kick it at the Lower sandbar. Thanks again for the info.

Cole Trickle
08-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Yeah i thought that was Take off point. I launched there on a non busy weekend and had no problems. Figured it would get full quick. If It is I guess i will head Back to emerald cove and then kick it at the Lower sandbar. Thanks again for the info.
No prob!!
Post a picture of your boat so I can bum a beer off you for the advise!!! :crossx: :D

BajaMike
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Staying in Parker but would like to Launch in Havi and head up to the channel sunday or so. Anyone know of any Spots beside Take off point. Seeming this might be real busy early and might not have a parking spot. This is gonna be an adult weekend how is the parker action anyways? Where are the spots? For some good "OH" action?? Sorry not meaning to sound sick. But have some friends going that want to see what the "ADULT" action is like. Anyways thanks for the help.. And Be safe this weekend.
Just drive the boat up the river from Parker.... :idea:
:argue: :skull: :220v: :crossx:
j/k
:cool:

RiverIndo
08-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Just drive the boat up the river from Parker.... :idea:
:argue: :skull: :220v: :crossx:
j/k
:cool:
Mike How fast do I need to hit the barriers to be able to jump it you think? :)

Deano
08-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Which would include 4 D's and 2 Double D's!!! Where's the pasty Boat..WhooHaa!! :p
Let me know if you need some help with 2 of those D's :rolleyes:

essexjet
08-31-2006, 03:41 PM
I too have a launch ramp question: Who else besides the Marina can I launch and leave my trail parked there all weekend ( and have it safe )?

CRACKWHORE
08-31-2006, 03:48 PM
I too have a launch ramp question: Who else besides the Marina can I launch and leave my trail parked there all weekend ( and have it safe )?
go to windsor I leave my trailer there all weekend no prob $4.00 night

essexjet
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
go to windsor I leave my trailer there all weekend no prob $4.00 night
I thought of that, but heard of a lot of thefts out of windsor on holiday weekends

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Okay from the South coming up there is as follows
Take off point in Parker: Free but steep and a drop off. Smaller boats only.
Havasu Springs: Run by the Indians so may or may not get in on Holiday weekend.
Cattail Cove: Great Rangers Nice grounds and ramp. Annual State Park Pass works. Ramp is a little steep so adjust trailer accordingly. Get there early.
Sandpoint Marina: Right next to Cattail. Same turn in from 95. Privately run.
On the island you have
Havasu Marina: Nice place but they are jerks to anybody and everybody
Site Six: Free which brings a certain element. Also ramp has a dropoff. Don't launch larger than a 24. Actually keep away from the ramp completely.
Then on the mainland north a bit is
Windsor: Launch at the north ramp and stay in the middle.
There are also a couple of private ramps or campground ramps but you have to have a room or pay for a campspot but those are taken cuz it's a holiday. Best advice is screw launching on Saturday. If you must then get up super early and launch at Takeoff since your boat is small. If not there then Cattail. Wear your kidney belts and take it easy because it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Also on the California side is Black Meadows and Havasu Landing. You may be able to do day use at Black Meadow but I would call first.

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I thought of that, but heard of a lot of thefts out of windsor on holiday weekendsJust a trailer you should be okay if you have wheel locks because what else is there to take. But I would personally go down to Cattail to do it or drive that trailer back to house or storage or whatever.

JB in so cal
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
depending where you're staying in Parker (CA or AZ) Black Meadow Landing may be close. Don't mind the twisty 9 mile road or the possibly cranky front office peeps or the $ fee to launch...
I doubt it will close down. You can call the office and ask before heading up 800 742 8278. It's like a ghost town right now :rollside:

Boatcop
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Okay from the South coming up there is as follows
Take off point in Parker: Free but steep and a drop off. Smaller boats only.
Havasu Springs: Run by the Indians so may or may not get in on Holiday weekend.
Cattail Cove: Great Rangers Nice grounds and ramp. Annual State Park Pass works. Ramp is a little steep so adjust trailer accordingly. Get there early.
Sandpoint Marina: Right next to Cattail. Same turn in from 95. Privately run.
On the island you have
Havasu Marina: Nice place but they are jerks to anybody and everybody
Site Six: Free which brings a certain element. Also ramp has a dropoff. Don't launch larger than a 24. Actually keep away from the ramp completely.
Then on the mainland north a bit is
Windsor: Launch at the north ramp and stay in the middle.
Havasu Springs is NOT run by the Indians. They have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Havasu Springs is a BLM lease to a gentleman by the name of Hap Burnett.
On Holiday weekends, they do not allow anyone to launch who isn't registered at the Resort. There's not enough parking, and they have their hands full with the guests and residents.
Take-off Point will fill up early, and isn't very secure for the truck/trailer. We try to patrol it regularly, but can't sit on it all the time.

CRACKWHORE
08-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I thought of that, but heard of a lot of thefts out of windsor on holiday weekends
someone bent the bumper on my truck with there RED boat trailer other than that no probs yet

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Havasu Springs is NOT run by the Indians. They have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Havasu Springs is a BLM lease to a gentleman by the name of Hap Burnett.
On Holiday weekends, they do not allow anyone to launch who isn't registered at the Resort. There's not enough parking, and they have their hands full with the guests and residents.
Take-off Point will fill up early, and isn't very secure for the truck/trailer. We try to patrol it regularly, but can't sit on it all the time.
My bad. I thought it was for some reason. Somone needs to tell Hap that breakfast doesn't start at 11 on weekdays. We were a little upset that day and hungry too.

jbtrailerjim
08-31-2006, 05:02 PM
You'll be fine. I have the same hull but an Ultra. I've never had any problems out on Havasu.

essexjet
08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Just a trailer you should be okay if you have wheel locks because what else is there to take. But I would personally go down to Cattail to do it or drive that trailer back to house or storage or whatever.
I'm staying in havasu palms and the road is too washed out from the last monsoons to drive a trailer on.
I think i'll go get some wheel locks.

essexjet
08-31-2006, 05:04 PM
someone bent the bumper on my truck with there RED boat trailer other than that no probs yet
Thanks, I'll try it

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm staying in havasu palms and the road is too washed out from the last monsoons to drive a trailer on.
I think i'll go get some wheel locks.
Go to Cattail Cove then. It's closer when you come around the lake from the South Side. Way south of town so the only people there are the Rangers and the people camping. Or if you know somebody in town with extra room for you to park it at their house.

essexjet
08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Go to Cattail Cove then. It's closer when you come around the lake from the South Side. Way south of town so the only people there are the Rangers and the people camping. Or if you know somebody in town with extra room for you to park it at their house.
Thanks i'll go to cattail and pay the $4 per day overnight parking fee. Does anyone know how late you can launch there?
Never mind, saw on there web site from sunrise to 10pm

Parker Dreamin
08-31-2006, 06:20 PM
What type of problems do you run into there ??... not very secure ?

Boatcop
08-31-2006, 06:46 PM
What type of problems do you run into there ??... not very secure ?
We've taken reports of "Smash & Grab" thefts from vehicles parked there. Usually those parked over night. Break a window and grab cell phones. CDs, Sat Radios, etc.

Parker Dreamin
09-01-2006, 07:05 AM
We've taken reports of "Smash & Grab" thefts from vehicles parked there. Usually those parked over night. Break a window and grab cell phones. CDs, Sat Radios, etc.
Thank you for the information. I have only launched out of there once and did not do any over night parking.