PDA

View Full Version : Little kitty looking for a good home

lewiville
08-31-2006, 12:21 PM
anyone want a little kitty?
here kitty kitty (http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/looking_for_a_happy_home.wmv)

lucky
08-31-2006, 01:10 PM
anyone want a little kitty?
here kitty kitty (http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/looking_for_a_happy_home.wmv)
Man that should be in Topless sig line :)

Caribbean Jet
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
My dogs came running like where's the cat and can we eat it?

Rexone
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM
My dogs came running like where's the cat and can we eat it?
I hear ya. My dog (now deceased RIP) Jack woulda shut that shit off in a heartbeat. The brave neighborhood cats only visited my house once.

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
I hear ya. My dog (now deceased RIP) Jack woulda shut that shit off in a heartbeat. The brave neighborhood cats only visited my house once.
So being a big meanie runs in your family
:boxed:
Poor cat, looks like it was an abused cat and that is why it is that way

Debbolas
08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
OMG!!
I think that is the orange cat that keeps beating up my black and white male cat..... :rolleyes:
I have REAL cute kitties for sale, not for scientific study, or dog feeding or anytype of speedbump use.
:D

ratso
08-31-2006, 02:38 PM
...scary :2purples:

Rexone
08-31-2006, 03:03 PM
So being a big meanie runs in your family
:boxed:
You won't find a bigger group of assholes than my clan KT.

Miss Jackie
08-31-2006, 03:47 PM
See, it's stuff like this that makes Art say "NO" when I say I want a kitty cat for my Sancho...

Tom Brown
08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
That cat will be long dead by now. I assume that's a shelter.
I think our shelter puts down 40~100 cats per week and this isn't a particularly big city. The cats at our shelter have two shots at living, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. There is an open house two days each weekend where animals get to meet potential families for adoption and then they're put down.
Several dozen cats come in through the week, a few are adopted on the weekend, the rest are put down. By the next weekend there are many dozen more cats.
If anything is wrong with the cats, if they're in a bad mood, or everything isn't perfect in every way, they have zero chance of survival. Some cats don't seem to have a nice disposition and aren't put in the general area to meet the public. If they are sweet and affectionate, come to strangers and rub up against them, and purr their little brains out, they have only a tiny chance of survival but at least it's something.
A girl I know likes kittens. She will get a kitten and take it to the shelter in a few months when it's not tiny and cute anymore. I used to think that was the lowest form of disregard for life I could imagine but now I think it's not a huge deal in the death cycle of domestic animals. ... that's not to say I respect the behavior but at least some animals are enjoying a few months of life they probably wouldn't have had otherwise.

chub
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
That cat will be long dead by now. I assume that's a shelter.
I think our shelter puts down 40~100 cats per week and this isn't a particularly big city. The cats at our shelter have two shots at living, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. There is an open house two days each weekend where animals get to meet potential families for adoption and then they're put down.
Several dozen cats come in through the week, a few are adopted on the weekend, the rest are put down. By the next weekend there are many dozen more cats.
If anything is wrong with the cats, if they're in a bad mood, or everything isn't perfect in every way, they have zero chance of survival. Some cats don't seem to have a nice disposition and aren't put in the general area to meet the public. If they are sweet and affectionate, come to strangers and rub up against them, and purr their little brains out, they have only a tiny chance of survival but at least it's something.
A girl I know likes kittens. She will get a kitten and take it to the shelter in a few months when it's not tiny and cute anymore. I used to think that was the lowest form of disregard for life I could imagine but now I think it's not a huge deal in the death cycle of domestic animals. ... that's not to say I respect the behavior but at least some animals are enjoying a few months of life they probably wouldn't have had otherwise.
Brown.......is that you Brown?
I have a dislike for cats but that's a nice demeanor Sir.

Tom Brown
08-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Brown.......is that you Brown?
When I was young, a buddy of mine caught a mouse and put it in the bottom of a garbage can. He called me over and I was checking it out while he went to get a can of gas. I had no idea those little bastards could scream like that.

beaverretriever
08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
How adorable. Im very interested. Please let me know when and where I can pic him up.
Thanks.

chub
08-31-2006, 04:33 PM
When I was young, a buddy of mine caught a mouse and put it in the bottom of a garbage can. He called me over and I was checking it out while he went to get a can of gas. I had no idea those little bastards could scream like that.
Nothing like that. As an Electrician I was attacked twice under houses by mother cats. I ain't mad at um but very leary of um. :yuk:

sorry dog
09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
now that sounds more like the brown we know:D:D
Except one thing...it ain't really true.
The mice at a bench racer convention scream MUCH louder.