PDA

View Full Version : Almost Stolen Trailer Tire - Saguaro

Cole Sanger
09-01-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't know about some people. I go to Saguaro yesterday with the family like usual. Pull the boat out after a good day on the lake and start heading home. For some reason I just happened to be looking in my rear view mirror and see something shoot across the other lane. I pull over real quick. What I find is still a mystery. My drivers side rear tire on the trailer is just sitting there with no lugs. I think what I saw was a lug fly off. Now the real mystery part is how the hell did all of them come out. All of the threads look perfect. These are the lugs that thread into the hub by the way. I seriously think someone needed a tire, thought they could get mine off due to the tandem trailer without a jack, but figured out it wouldn't come off. I don't know how else to explain it. I have never had these tires off since I bought it last year and regularly check my tire pressure. I think I would have noticed all of my lugs missing when I last checked.
Getting home was another story all in itself. Lets just say it was nice to have the straps on the rear of the boat. I used them to strap up the rear axle and drove slow all the way home.

Desert Rat
09-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Why didn't you just pull a lug from each of the other three tires and secure the fourth. Should have gotten you to a parts store. Glad it all turned out safe. My brother have a friend visit him on his houseboat on Shasta and when he got back to his trailer the tires were replaced with bricks :mad: I went out and bought lock lugs after hearing that!!

Cole Sanger
09-01-2006, 07:23 AM
That would be my stupidity. I didn't have my four lug wrench with me. Won't let that happen again. Just sold my Suburban. Used to keep all that stuff in there. No excuse though.

PHX ATC
09-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Probably the losers that park their PWCs right next to the launch ramp and dock area and then dick with you when you're launching/retrieving your boat by cutting in front of you. I hate those people. I just want to smack the living shit out of them.
Rage over. :mad: :crossx: :220v:

Jordy
09-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Probably the losers that park their PWCs right next to the launch ramp and dock area and then dick with you when you're launching/retrieving your boat by cutting in front of you. I hate those people. I just want to smack the living shit out of them.
Rage over. :mad: :crossx: :220v:
Don't you have some planes to control or some horse poop to scoop? :D :D :D

Cole Sanger
09-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Could have been, but there were only 11 boats on the lake the whole day. I should have known the trip home wasn't going to be good when I got stung by a bee recovering the boat.