PDA

View Full Version : 1st. Lawsuit Filed

3 daytona`s
09-01-2006, 01:31 PM
A wife of one of the victims from last Sunday`s airline crash just filed suit against the airline.I think unbelievable they have not even had the first funeral yet.I guess so much for the grieving widow,there is plenty of time for suing. :yuk:

beever_retreever
09-01-2006, 01:38 PM
A wife of one of the victims from last Sunday`s airline crash just filed suit against the airline.I think unbelievable they have not even had the first funeral yet.I guess so much for the grieving widow,there is plenty of time for suing. :yuk:
Maybe you should educate us and the grieving widow on the proper etiquette for filing a lawsuit. Don't try to put yourself in her shoes and then criticize her decisions. :yuk:

3 daytona`s
09-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Maybe you should educate us and the grieving widow on the proper etiquette for filing a lawsuit. Don't try to put yourself in her shoes and then criticize her decisions. :yuk:
Well I`ll tell you what HOT ROD since there has not been a completed investigation,stating the airline to blame.I feel rather odd to sue for negligence. In the terrible event any of your close relatives losing their life just remember to get to your attorney ASAP.

beever_retreever
09-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Well I`ll tell you what HOT ROD since there has not been a completed investigation,stating the airline to blame.I feel rather odd to sue for negligence. In the terrible event any of your close relatives losing their life just remember to get to your attorney ASAP.
From: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/business/delta/stories/2006/09/01/0902bizcomairsuit.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=6
"The action needed to be taken immediately to make the family a full part of the investigation, giving it power to subpoena witnesses who also are being questioned by federal investigators, said another of the family's lawyers, Robert Clifford of Chicago."
Your assumption that this is ONLY about money, is making an ass of u. Your self righteousness is matched only by your obtuseness, if that's even possible.

mickeyfinn
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
What else is it about? Vengence maybe, still won't bring back the lost family member. Does anyone else remember once upon a time, long, long ago when sue was a name, not a verb?

Sleek-Jet
09-01-2006, 02:24 PM
unfortunatly(sp?) it seems to be the american way:( and she will probably get millions
I'm suprised it took them this long... :rolleyes:

3 daytona`s
09-01-2006, 03:39 PM
From: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/business/delta/stories/2006/09/01/0902bizcomairsuit.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=6
"The action needed to be taken immediately to make the family a full part of the investigation, giving it power to subpoena witnesses who also are being questioned by federal investigators, said another of the family's lawyers, Robert Clifford of Chicago."
Your assumption that this is ONLY about money, is making an ass of u. Your self righteousness is matched only by your obtuseness, if that's even possible.
When the husband has not been buried yet IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY but that is just my opinion BTW just what this place needed is someone who has command of the english language :rolleyes:

ratso
09-02-2006, 12:32 AM
...typical C#NT. It ain't about grieving at all. :yuk:

ROZ
09-02-2006, 01:19 AM
...typical C#NT. It ain't about grieving at all. :yuk:
She was probably going to divorce him anyways... :D

YeLLowBoaT
09-02-2006, 01:53 AM
maybe she just wanted to make sure the NTSB is doing thier job :rolleyes:
Sorry, but I see this as veng/hunt for cash. I Mean wait for the fooking report to come out. Then sue who ever was responsable. :)

ratso
09-02-2006, 06:23 AM
maybe she just wanted to make sure the NTSB is doing thier job :rolleyes:
Sorry, but I see this as veng/hunt for cash. I Mean wait for the fooking report to come out. Then sue who ever was responsable. :)
Haven't you heard? Everybody you can possibly drag into a lawsuit nowdays is responsible... :mad:

Chipster27
09-02-2006, 06:40 AM
.....IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY
No sh!t it's about the money. Suppose they are the typical dual income family living check to check. The typical income profile in America is that men make more than women. Does anyone think for a minute that his employer is going to continue to give the widow his paycheck? What are the chances he has life insurance? How many people here have it? What about the loss of future income because he's no longer around. Is their mortgage company/credit card co/auto loan company going to let her skate on the bills because they've lost probably 60-70% of their income. I doubt it.
Any idea how long it will take to settle this case and actually see a disbursement of funds? Years. Yea she could have probably waited, but she may have a deal with the law firm that they will front her money to keep the household going.
I'm already working on my Hot Boat Forum lawsuit, I'm just waiting for the right time to strike :cool:
Just my 2 cents.

YeLLowBoaT
09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
No sh!t it's about the money. Suppose they are the typical dual income family living check to check. The typical income profile in America is that men make more than women. Does anyone think for a minute that his employer is going to continue to give the widow his paycheck? What are the chances he has life insurance? How many people here have it? What about the loss of future income because he's no longer around. Is their mortgage company/credit card co/auto loan company going to let her skate on the bills because they've lost probably 60-70% of their income. I doubt it.
Any idea how long it will take to settle this case and actually see a disbursement of funds? Years. Yea she could have probably waited, but she may have a deal with the law firm that they will front her money to keep the household going.
I'm already working on my Hot Boat Forum lawsuit, I'm just waiting for the right time to strike :cool:
Just my 2 cents.
Actually every one that has died in a plane crash has had thier next of kin taken care of by the airlines. So thats a mute point. She just does not want the few hundred k they are going to send her way, she wants millions.( if not 10s of millions) Trust me she will get way more then she could have gotten if he had life INS. She didn't even have to sue to get that. Like I said its all about veng or she wants big bucks.

Jimmy James
09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Dont you know, you are guilty until proven innocent.....
She sure has a good chance of getting some $$$$.
:argue:

robk
09-02-2006, 09:40 AM
The impulse to resort to litigation over the slightest thing has gotten completely out of hand. It's like walking on eggshells. My younger brother was in a traffic accident (minor fender-bender) last year and sure enough, the other guy involved saw that my brother was on the clock and decided that since he had a corporation to go after rather than just "some guy" he decided to sue.
Same thing with another friend who made a left turn a little too close to a guy on a mountain bike (who decided to bail into a fence). My friend offered to replace the damaged parts of the guy's bike and riding clothes and the guy turned him down, said he was fine, no problem, etc. Turns around and sues him a month later.
This airline suit seems to be the norm these days -- someone screws up = $$$ for you, no matter what the circumstances. I just read about some guy who's doctor didn't diagnose his cancer quickly enough so he turned around and sued the doctor. Hello? I've had friends and family members die from cancer that was diagnosed a little too late, but their families certainly didn't turn around sue the person who prolonged their life as long as possible for not doing a good enough job.
Ridiculous.
Rob

Devil's Advocate
09-02-2006, 09:57 AM
This is just a horrible tragedy. I just found out that I knew someone on that flight. I'm undecided on the lawsuit stuff, it's just such a horrible loss. :frown: