PDA

View Full Version : Boat Insurance

HatenWinter
09-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Our last trip to Havasu my wife asked when we bought our boat (June 05) she then said that she just realized that we never received the notice to renew our insurance for this year. We get home and make a call and find out that we have been boating without insurance for 2 friggen months!!! Turns out they sent the renewal and cancellation notice to the boats physical address in Havasu although they have our California address for mailing. We never got anything in our mailbox out there either. They then proceed to tell her that they can write another policy today and "oh yeah, it is going to be $250 more per year." What a bunch of friggen idiots! I hate to think what would have happed if I got into an accident or something.
Needless to say we went with AAA and got a way better deal but now we need to have the boat appraised. Anyone know who does this in Havasu???

RitcheyRch
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I have AAA and thought thier rates were fair. Actually have AAA for all my insurance.

HatenWinter
09-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Same here, we have it for all our cars, and both houses, now the boat. They came in almost $200 under our last carrier. They also cover vessel assist or sea tow for up to $300 which is nice.

cc322
09-01-2006, 07:34 PM
We have had AAA for everything home, auto and when we bought our boat they were one of the highest, neeless to say we went with Allstate, our agent is the bomb and they were way cheaper then AAA. in fact we are in the process of changing over our auto insurance to Allstate because they came in 350.00 cheaper then AAA whom we have had for 15 yrs, go figure. imo it pays to price shop once in a while. If you would like my agents name let me know.

HatenWinter
09-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah definately, were paying under $600 for a '01 Nordic with a 496HO, seems pretty good but I'd be curious to see if they can beat it! :)

cc322
09-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah definately, were paying under $600 for a '01 Nordic with a 496HO, seems pretty good but I'd be curious to see if they can beat it! :)
Here is our agents contact info
Darcy Price Neid
949 348-1450

djunkie
09-03-2006, 11:22 AM
We have had AAA for everything home, auto and when we bought our boat they were one of the highest, neeless to say we went with Allstate, our agent is the bomb and they were way cheaper then AAA. in fact we are in the process of changing over our auto insurance to Allstate because they came in 350.00 cheaper then AAA whom we have had for 15 yrs, go figure. imo it pays to price shop once in a while. If you would like my agents name let me know.
Thats weird. I have a buddy who is an allstate agent and he couldn't come close to what I pay with AAA. I have everything insured through AAA.

riverby5
09-03-2006, 11:23 AM
You better check with aaa again. Davis dam to parker dam is a "hot zone restricted zone" aaa is not covering claims

djunkie
09-03-2006, 11:27 AM
You better check with aaa again. Davis dam to parker dam is a "hot zone restricted zone" aaa is not covering claims
I've read through my policy twice and it says nothing about any restricted areas.

riverby5
09-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I've read through my policy twice and it says nothing about any restricted areas.
Its not in your policy, your agent failed to read you the disclaimer. I went through this with AAA when they gave me a great rate on the phone, I went down there and they showed me the disclaimer for dam to dam restriction

djunkie
09-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Its not in your policy, your agent failed to read you the disclaimer. I went through this with AAA when they gave me a great rate on the phone, I went down there and they showed me the disclaimer for dam to dam restriction
When I bought my boat I had to take it to them to inspect it. The agent asked me then where I'd be using it. I told him 90% Havasu/Parker and 10% in the ocean. He never said anything about it being restricted. Guess I should give them a call.

CBadDad
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Triple A sucks. They used to be one of the best, but I think they were bought up by Al Queda or something. When I went thru my divorce a few years ago, I had been a loyal multi policy holder for 20 yrs. When I went to re insure everything that was left into my name I was told I would have to start all over. No more long time memeber discounts, etc. So I took it in the short for a year bt then shopped around and found that Allstate was WAAYYY cheaper. Saved a few hundred a year and increased my policy tremendously.
If you still have AAA, you should really shop around. They are not the same great deal that they were years ago. JMHO. :yuk:

TCN
09-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Contact either Nordic or the Boat Brokers in Havasu for your appraisal. Deborah Miller @ State Farm Insurance in Havasu has the best rates of anywhere we checked. 928 854-6693. They also cover sea tow/vessel assist up to 500.00 no limit on times used. Good luck.

CBadDad
09-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Contact either Nordic or the Boat Brokers in Havasu for your appraisal. Deborah Miller @ State Farm Insurance in Havasu has the best rates of anywhere we checked. 928 854-6693. They also cover sea tow/vessel assist up to 500.00 no limit on times used. Good luck.
Nick, is that part of your boat insurance policy or is that an additional Vessel Assist policy that you have thru State Farm?

riverby5
09-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Do it yourself.... Go to www.nada.com and rate it yourself

Cas
09-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Triple A sucks. They used to be one of the best, but I think they were bought up by Al Queda or something. When I went thru my divorce a few years ago, I had been a loyal multi policy holder for 20 yrs. When I went to re insure everything that was left into my name I was told I would have to start all over. No more long time memeber discounts, etc. So I took it in the short for a year bt then shopped around and found that Allstate was WAAYYY cheaper. Saved a few hundred a year and increased my policy tremendously.
If you still have AAA, you should really shop around. They are not the same great deal that they were years ago. JMHO. :yuk:
The different experiences that people are having and what they are being told by the different insurance companies is very interesting. I was insured by AAA from 1973 up until 2000 when I decided to give a family member our business. Earlier this year we were notified that our rates were going to be raised due to the flooding in our area. Mind you, we had no flooding nor have we made any claims. I went checking around and AAA turned out to be the best prices with the best coverage and they also gave us a discount for long time membership.

racecar.hotshoe
09-04-2006, 07:46 AM
We have AAA on our home and cars but have Progressive on our boat they were way cheaper.

kingsransomracing
09-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Most people do not know this, but (at least with my Farmers insurance) you can insure your boat under your House Insurance policy. Cost me $26 a year more. You can only put one boat under the policy, and it shows up under the name "floaters" in my policy.

djunkie
09-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Different strokes for different folks. I agree, definately shop around. Just so happened that AAA was the cheapest for us and the best coverage. And they are great if you have a claim. And another thing, don't go with a company just because thay are cheap. Look at their reputation with claims. When my dads POS Ford burnt in our garage and took the garage with it, AAA was on the ball and took care of everything. And they were awesome to work with. They showed up on the spot with a check in hand to hold us off and the fire was still smoldering. First class IMO.