PDA

View Full Version : labor day in havasu

oilfieldtrash
09-04-2006, 06:44 PM
anyone make it to havasu this weekend? and what did you think of it?

HavasuSelect
09-04-2006, 06:50 PM
It wasn't that crowded. The water seemed like it had more chop during Desert Storm then this weekend. I was also surprised that I didn't hit traffic once on the way out there. And we left at 6:00 pm on Friday.

havasurat27
09-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Perfect conditions. Amazing time. Big surprise for a holiday. Saw a lot of familiar boats from the boards. The only bad thing for the weekend was the lack of any wind at all so the channel had bad air quality!
Overall opinion of holidays is Mem. Day is a no! 4th of July is maybe. Labor is always!

DCBDaytona
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
I definately enjoyed Havasu this past weekend. The Mini Sandbar was off the hook Sunday...I'm sure glad my boat was in the locker!

Devil's Advocate
09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
I miss Havi.. :cry: And this was the last unofficial weekend of the summer....

purrfecttremor
09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
It wasnt that crowded and it was a real nise weekend except for than channel being closed sun. night a the huge bust in steamboat satuday.

Jyruiz
09-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I was only on the water on Friday, it was very nice, not a lot of boats out there. Saturday we spent it in Vegas and Saturday night I went to the E-Ticket club and what a great sound system it has, very nice deck boat too. Met a lot of cool peeps from this forum and had a good time the whole time I was there.

Todd969
09-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Fantastic weekend with the kids and friends. Today was even better with locals and about 1/4 the people. The channel was great Sat and Sun with the exception of no wind so the air got kinda nasty in the late afternoon.

HavasuSelect
09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I definately enjoyed Havasu this past weekend. The Mini Sandbar was off the hook Sunday...I'm sure glad my boat was in the locker!
That's for sure! I was there Sat and Sun. I really liked that spot. Almost more then the big Sandbar. We were one of the first ones there both days and I'm really surprised at how many people ended up there by the end of the day.

dkehzrd
09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Had a great time except for a few incidents i had with inconsiderate drunks. Saw some fellow HB'rs and raced a few magics and eliminators.

slowinhavasu
09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Fantastic weekend with the kids and friends. Today was even better with locals and about 1/4 the people. The channel was great Sat and Sun with the exception of no wind so the air got kinda nasty in the late afternoon.
What a family..... :)

dicudmore
09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
What a family..... :)
hope somebody got pics since I had to work :220v:

Kilrtoy
09-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I BET YOU DID, :boxed:

slowinhavasu
09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
WORK...that's a stretch...lol......I'll tell ya what..they take more pics then any other family I've ever seen.... :)

Todd969
09-04-2006, 08:25 PM
WORK...that's a stretch...lol......I'll tell ya what..they take more pics then any other family I've ever seen.... :)
Yep, family and friend memories:Here's Carey and his wife & daughter, and one with my wife. Cudmore you got HOTMAIL.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0849.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0855.JPG

RiverPirate
09-04-2006, 08:30 PM
We had an exceptional weekend. The crowd is always lighter on Labor Day. Saw some funny and irratating stuff on the ramp, but that comes with the weekend. Met Summit Karl this weekend, the radio works fine, stand up guy.

slowinhavasuskid
09-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Yep, family and friend memories:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0849.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0855.JPG
could someone please photochop me into the first one that is not the whole family and i am feeling a bit left out..... :rolleyes:

ultra27jay
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
what happened at steamboat on sunday? something about a big bust....anyone....but be sides that what a GOOD weekend one of the best.... :rollside:

dkehzrd
09-04-2006, 08:46 PM
what happened at steamboat on sunday? something about a big bust....anyone....but be sides that what a GOOD weekend one of the best.... :rollside:
I was in steamboat all day sunday. Didnt see a big bust but the sheriff helicopter was flying around quite a bit.

slowinhavasu
09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
could someone please photochop me into the first one that is not the whole family and i am feeling a bit left out..... :rolleyes:
Baby your never left out...we miss ya...love ya....dad

purrfecttremor
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
There was about 30 le transporting almost everyony off a house boat on the beach in steamboat.The rumor was a whole lot of meth on boardIThey appered to arrest about 40 people.Dont know if they impouded the boat as we left for the channel.The bust was saturday.

Wake Havasu
09-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Surprised at how un crowded it was.
Weather was better than forecasted.
Sad the sand bar was closed but the mini sandbar was rockin'.

DCBDaytona
09-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I BET YOU DID, :boxed:
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

little rowe boat
09-05-2006, 07:40 AM
What a great weekend. The weather was fantastic the crowds never showed up and the boat ran great. I usually don't go out on holiday weekends but 1 extra day on the water made it hard to resist.

blown dough
09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
It was a great weekend, traffic sucked on the 40 took us an extra hour plus!!!!!!!!

GRUNION
09-05-2006, 09:03 AM
some guys got out of hand and flashed a gun at some sheriff they all got hauled off I didnt see the houseboat incident.

SoCalOffshore
09-05-2006, 09:14 AM
we were there for a couple of hours and left around 4:00 pm. Really didn't see anything. although, there were a number of police boats cruising.

unleashed
09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
The crowd was way down this year. The lake was not crowded at all. One of the best holiday weekends in a long time. A couple of fights at the mini sandbar Saturday but that was about it. Fun Times!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Bradman
09-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Park Moabi was awesome on Saturday. Had the BBQ going, played some horseshoes and the weather was perfect. Sunday we hung out in Steamboat. Again, great weather. Went out to dinner Friday, Saturday and Sunday and never had to wait for a table. When we headed out of Steamboat on Sunday around 4:30 pm, there were 3 or 4 sherrif boats around 1 boat. Everybody in the boat had there hands behind their heads. They had the men in handcuffs and it looked like they were getting ready to handcuff the women. Couldn't get very close as the sherrif's kept us away.

SoCalSouthpaw
09-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Weekend was awesome(sort of)! Got my new XR drive to replace the P.O.S. Stern Power BX (that I went through 3x's in a year) - motor was able to spin up another 600+RPM's. Spent Sat nite onda water with my chick and the puppy. Waking up looking out to a calm river, nice weather and a BJ cant be beat by any stretch of the imagination. :) Gota noise ticket right at TOPOCK - no mufflers. Then, just as I was about sayin' I could probably move up a pitch or two with the newly discovered performance my motor has seemed to find......BLAM! Motor blew...... But, I still hada great weekend.

Throttle
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
i dont think anyone took camera's :cry:

isthismikeon?
09-05-2006, 03:44 PM
what gives with this new regulation . no overnight mooring. thats the last time I stumble out of the lake and leave my boat there.

GRUNION
09-05-2006, 06:07 PM
I did I will post some when the wife resizes them.

Windy
09-05-2006, 06:30 PM
We got pics Cam...we'll get them up tomorrow. :)

oilfieldtrash
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
we made the trip from farmington NM with high expections to see the baddest boats and the hottest chicks. we left saturday morning because of a drop in oil presurre in my new 565 bbc. we did not want to walk to the channel. does anyone have advice on a good weekend to show up for some partying?

Get415
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
:mad: What was up with all the low-life gangsters in town. Thats really what i needed to see all weekend. I dont recall seeing that much of that element out there like that on a big weekend, or is it just me?????

Kilrtoy
09-05-2006, 09:23 PM
:mad: What was up with all the low-life gangsters in town. Thats really what i needed to see all weekend. I dont recall seeing that much of that element out there like that on a big weekend, or is it just me?????
Yes there was and they were in full force smoking weed like a snoop dog tour and not even being bothered...
Good thing they caught granma and granpa with the glass beer bottle sitting in their boat... :rolleyes:

al cole'holic
09-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I heard from 2 completely different sources that this was the worst they've ever seen...

harddriver
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
We were at Steamboat all day Saturday when they busted the Houseboat crew. It appeared that LE saw a girl doing a little flashin around 1 - 2PM and asked her to step aboard so they could see what all the fuss was about. :rollside: After about 5 minutes of discussion, LE called for backup. 4 - 5 LE boats showed up and boarded the HB. They basically haulled everyone off to jail over a 2 hour period. Looked like around 25 - 40 peeps. We saw a few people that were let go though. LE was kind enough to let them grab their belongings and leave the area. We left Steamboat around 7PM and the HB was still under control of LE and it appeared they were going to impound the boat.
Weekend was busy, but did not compare to the crowd level of Memorial Day. What was up with all the gang-bangers? Reminded me of Sping Break about 5 years ago. CO2 level in the channel was crazy on Sunday. Peaked on our C02 meter at 578 PPM and that was just passing through.