PDA

View Full Version : boating: what annoys you?

cxr133
09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
what annoys me the most when boating is.......
when you try to go on a nice relaxing run and someone is asking you to slow down every 2 min ... to change seats, get something out of the cooler, hand someone a towel, sunscreen or whatever :mad:

EliminatorJet
09-04-2006, 07:38 PM
grocery bags full of chips and other misc snacks, and no storage.

W.O.T
09-04-2006, 07:43 PM
grocery bags full of chips and other misc snacks, and no storage.
that bugs me to my girlfriend brings so much crap its not even funny. i like things neat and organized. i think what bugs me the most is reckless ignorant lousy drivers that make it dangerous out there for everyone. also people who cant launch their boats!

doesitfloat?
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
The easy answer is PWC's. What really bugs me is bringing friends and all the kids, dragging 'em all day long on the tube, etc. and then them not even offering to clean the boat and/or offer gas money.
When some of them do offer, I never accept as they are my guests. However, just the gesture means a lot to me...it means that they get it and aren't either cheap users or ignorant.
The people that do offer help get asked back out!

slowinhavasu
09-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Friends that come with nothing...towels, sunscreen, beer , ice, food, jump on the boat, don't wipe sand off there feet... :220v:

squirt'nmyload
09-04-2006, 07:53 PM
people with no experience on rental lake lice

RitcheyRch
09-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Boaters that dont know the rules.

dicudmore
09-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Friends that come with nothing...towels, sunscreen, beer , ice, food, jump on the boat, don't wipe sand off there feet... :220v:
hey are you talking about me again? :220v:

slowinhavasu
09-04-2006, 07:58 PM
hey are you talking about me again? :220v:
Did I say anything about cleaning products.... :)

dkehzrd
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Lake lice, messy people and drunks.

dicudmore
09-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Did I say anything about cleaning products.... :)
lol cleaning products I've got covered...got a "source" on that :wink:
it was the bringing nothing and the sand that got my attention...

phebus
09-04-2006, 08:05 PM
what annoys me the most when boating is.......
when you try to go on a nice relaxing run and someone is asking you to slow down every 2 min ... to change seats, get something out of the cooler, hand someone a towel, sunscreen or whatever :mad:
I just call that "married" boating :argue:

slowinhavasu
09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I just call that "married" boating :argue:
LOL....

andy01
09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
When someone is in my boat or other boats are on the same body of water as me..........
Andy

TRUMP TIGHT
09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
NOT GOING!!:cry:

W.O.T
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
when you see a bunch of people at the lake or sandbar with trash and piles of empty beer cans all over the place. just makes it look bad for everyone else.

Tom Brown
09-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I love boating. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything annoying about it.
I don't even mind pulling up to the pump, and putting 250 bucks into the boat and my car. It's much less annoying than putting $70 into the car alone.

MudPumper
09-04-2006, 09:01 PM
People that take forever to back up the trailer and launch and recover their boat. It's not rocket science, get it done and get the hell out of the way.

ElimJimsOtherHalf
09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
...and having jet skis speed in, rough up the water, and make a bunch of noise

YeLLowBoaT
09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
When your siting alone in a nice quiet cove, eating, sleeping, siwming, fishing, fooking and etc. Some fool with blasting rap or other anoying "music" comes and parks right next to you. There are 25 other coves that have no1 in them, why did you have to pick this one?
That and ppl that are not paying attention. If I had a dallor for every time some 1 has come with in 50 ft at speed when I or anohter skier was in the water. Flag up and every thing... its bright fooking orange, how can you not see it? I would be a very rich man.

Perfect Mixer
09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Any day on the water is a better day than sitting in traffic on the 405! I've got a lot of patience with new boater...PWC...wives backing in trailers...drunk idiots...all the above. We've all been there. I think everyone needs to take a quick look at their surroundings before they judge someone that is irritating them and say to themselves "it could be worse!" Your daughter could be pregnant on drugs with a speed freak for a boyfriend! Just avoid the situation. If you don't like the surroundings.... move on!

Thorsinc
09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Any day on the water is a better day than sitting in traffic on the 405! I've got a lot of patience with new boater...PWC...wives backing in trailers...drunk idiots...all the above. We've all been there. I think everyone needs to take a quick look at their surroundings before they judge someone that is irritating them and say to themselves "it could be worse!" Your daughter could be pregnant on drugs with a speed freak for a boyfriend! Just avoid the situation. If you don't like the surroundings.... move on!
Your right but i still hate hard plastic ice chests, filled with Miller

Perfect Mixer
09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Your right but i still hate hard plastic ice chests, filled with Miller
Hey you've got my boat only BIGGER!

Thorsinc
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey you've got my boat only BIGGER!
The flames make it go faster!

River918
09-04-2006, 09:38 PM
People that drift in front of the launch ramp while waiting for the person that is driving the truck to either park or come pick them up....Once you launch, get the hell out of the way so other people can maneuver.....

ThongMagnet
09-04-2006, 09:55 PM
1)In general, Lack of experience and common sense with the boating crowds.
2)Gas prices, although it was nice to have a 30 cent per gallon discount over Labor Day weekend.
3) Waiting in line to launch and recover.

deltaAce
09-04-2006, 11:20 PM
People who bring the city with them to the wilderness. 1200 watts of Rap Music on 12 speakers mounted on a superstructure w/ 12 people on board a 19' bling-bling boat!

Wake Havasu
09-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Lake lice renters and forty foot plus "Offshore Only" boats.
Guys that fish at the launch ramps.
Boats that float at the launch ramps.
Chevys.
DCB's.

havasu5150
09-05-2006, 05:31 AM
When your siting alone in a nice quiet cove, eating, sleeping, siwming, fishing, fooking and etc. Some fool with blasting rap or other anoying "music" comes and parks right next to you.
I agree with this....or for that matter even when sitting in the channel....no one around is blasting their tunes, yet some one pulls up and assumes that I want to listen to their sh&^%.
People who have trouble backing down the ramp don't annoy me, at least they are trying and they will eventually get it, it's the poeple who get to the ramp and then do all of the prep work at the ramp! Putting in plugs, taking off trailer straps, loading the boat with supplies etc. most of this could and should be done prior to getting to the ramp.

Jbb
09-05-2006, 05:45 AM
Tom Brown annoys me.....Every time I go out ......Tom always pulls the best lookin chickies...and then goes by me like Im standing still....just to rub it in......He throws his cigarette butts in my boat too.... :mad: :mad:

DILLIGAF
09-05-2006, 05:46 AM
The easy answer is PWC's. What really bugs me is bringing friends and all the kids, dragging 'em all day long on the tube, etc. and then them not even offering to clean the boat and/or offer gas money.
When some of them do offer, I never accept as they are my guests. However, just the gesture means a lot to me...it means that they get it and aren't either cheap users or ignorant.
Total agreement here.....

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2006, 07:15 AM
If they know you won't accpet gas money that might be why they don't offer. Now, not helping wipe the boat down is just plain rude.

Tom Brown
09-05-2006, 07:20 AM
It annoys the hell out of me when Jbb manages to get his boat running and gives it a little gas so my cigarette butts land in the water instead of his boat. :mad:
Littering sucks.

doesitfloat?
09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
If they know you won't accpet gas money that might be why they don't offer. Now, not helping wipe the boat down is just plain rude.
I'm talking first timers...

Sun burners
09-05-2006, 07:29 AM
When people are putting the boat back on the trailer at night...
TURN YOUR HEAD LIGHTS OFF, AND CLOSE YOUR DOOR!
Oh and the guy that tries to run you into shore because he thinks he owns the Channel.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
09-05-2006, 07:34 AM
I can't agree more.....TURN YOU LIGHTS OFF AT AT THE RAMP AT NIGHT!
AND if your choose not to, then don't get mad at me when I ask, as nicely as possible, TURN YOUR LIGHTS OFF!!!
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Jyruiz
09-05-2006, 08:08 AM
When we get back to the house and every body runs inside and forgets that there is shit to get off the boat. The only person that ever comes out is my 8 year old son and ask me if I need any help. Last time this happened, I got so mad because they (and I mean the relatives that came with us and it is not there first time either) went inside took a shower and everything, they were sitting there waiting for me so we can go to dinner. Well, I did not turn the AC on in the garage and made them come out and had them wipe the boat down, inside and out. They got all sweaty again and had to go to dinner like that.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm talking first timers...
Gotcha.

Cas
09-05-2006, 08:38 AM
people that need to wear the appropriate clothes for the type of body they have and
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870FatAss_jetskier.jpg

chub
09-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Gotcha.
The fact that I haven't seen you all summer! As far as the thread, I've been there with all of that and.........I'm just over it. It's boating lad. Get used to it! You'll sleep alot better at night.
Now off to the river for the rest of the week. :p

Pro Max
09-05-2006, 08:53 AM
I SECOND THAT

Jbb
09-05-2006, 08:54 AM
The biggest annoyance to me.....is that I dont own one of these.......yet...
http://eticketboats.com/RC-28/rc28_gallery/images/35.jpg

Partycattin
09-05-2006, 09:01 AM
How bout the jackhole that drives right down the middle of the channel and isn't going to give an inch to anyone. No courtesy whatsoever.

rivercrazy
09-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Wakeboard boats with full water bladders running just off plane
Any kind of boat running just off plane.
Either stay at idle or get with the program and put that damn boat on plane!!!!!!

a catered life
09-05-2006, 10:02 AM
i agree and what makes it worse sometimes their boaters themselves and act all stupid

Bradman
09-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Why is it so hard for smokers to put their cigarette butts in a trash can? We see it to often, smokers throwing their cigarette butts into the lake or on the beach.

sleekcraft78
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
I was launching on tahoe this weekend and there were a bunch of foreigners in paddle boats right in the way. I went up to pick up my wife at the dock and one went right behind me, I could have stepped onto his boat. So what am I supposed to do beach my boat on the rocks or run them over. So F-in rude.
On another note I hate it when people let there kids play on the ramp while they are loading and unloading.
As for money and keeping the boat clean, They have 1 chance to respect my shit then theres no more for them

rodnjen
09-05-2006, 12:10 PM
The same thing that bothers me every other day, bad manners, plain and simple. The water is not a license to be an idiotic, inconciderate jackass.

Desert Rat
09-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I can relate with the newbes needing to learn to back the boat in, we all have had our problems at one time or the other but not the loading on the ramp crap. I think I get a little pissed at the idiots that sit and laugh at the newbes trying to recover in big wind and waves. I myself have helped quite a few that were scared to even attempt to put the boat on the trailer due to said inconsiderate Aholes! A inconsiderate dickhead is a inconsiderate dickhead on or off the water! :mad:

Parker Dreamin
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
When a good buddy of yours brings a "girl friend" and all the girl does is say she wants to go there, or wants to go here, or I am hungry..... and she ask for me to get her a beer out of the cooler the whole day, while she lays there with her DD's and Tbar thinking she is gods gift to Parker.....

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2006, 02:21 PM
the guy that takes up 2 lanes on the ramp with doors open and music blaring also pisses me off!!!!!

riverroyal
09-05-2006, 04:21 PM
and drivers who never look behind them while going 40ish when everyone else in havasu is going 60 plus

YeLLowBoaT
09-05-2006, 04:35 PM
ok I got a new one.... Family memebers and friends that keep asking "when is the boat going to be done" yet they have never helped or given me a dime. Where were you when I spent several hundred hours sanding of the old crazing paint?(about half had to be done by hand...lots of other things I could have used help with that no 1 wanted to help...)

Tequila-John
09-06-2006, 08:09 AM
When a good buddy of yours brings a "girl friend" and all the girl does is say she wants to go there, or wants to go here, or I am hungry..... and she ask for me to get her a beer out of the cooler the whole day, while she lays there with her DD's and Tbar thinking she is gods gift to Parker.....
I hated her bud. But i saw her ballon knot!!! And running over all her SHITE was the best!

Parker Dreamin
09-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I hated her bud. But i saw her ballon knot!!! And running over all her SHITE was the best!
ha ding.

HOSS
09-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I hate it when people take a dump in the lake and its a floater.

Tequila-John
09-06-2006, 10:33 AM
ha ding.
Super HA DING! BUD

riverracerx
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
putting the boat away at the end of the weekend, not knowing when you will be back out again. :( :cry:

FreshTracks
09-06-2006, 04:11 PM
inconsiderate dip$hits who stand on my painted trailer fenders with sandy shoes loading their $hit into the boat.... got two nice scratches this weekend... looks like those peeps wont be coming back with me.......

Schiada76
09-06-2006, 04:30 PM
When a dipshit jumps on the bow after pushing you off the trailer and starts to stand up with his laced up river mountain guide knobby tired covered embedded with gravel hippie sandals on and you have to yell at him then he thinks you're an azzhole. :D
Later on you pull up to gas dock and at least he has the sense to wear regular flaps but then he jumps up on the gunnel with the damn flaps on.
Oops! Then he slips between the boat and the dock. DUDE! No shoes on the boat. :D

Mr. Crusader 83
09-06-2006, 04:39 PM
that bugs me to my girlfriend brings so much crap its not even funny. i like things neat and organized. i think what bugs me the most is reckless ignorant lousy drivers that make it dangerous out there for everyone. also people who cant launch their boats!
thats when you tell the chick "hey!!! Only beer" no chips, no sandwiches, no g.d. sunscreen. "there is a bimini top for shade, and there is a sandwich in every can of coors light."
other then that i hate hate hate pwc!!! i was on elsinore on sunday (labor day) almost killed 3 of them. I was cruzn along at 50mph, in a 35. my fault i know. but its smellsomemore. and they are along side of me. they dont look back, then all of a sudden they both pull 360's. and i had nowhere to go.
i love pwc!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-06-2006, 04:43 PM
other people
:crossx:

ratso
09-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Jet Skis...Fat Chicks in Bikinis...People Bumping Their Boats Into Mine...People Expecting You To Work On Their Boat On Sunday At The Lake Simply Because You're In The Boat Business...Freeloaders

gsb_77_xl
09-06-2006, 05:41 PM
People that pull their kids around on tubes with total disregard as to where the hell they are going, or who is in their way. Also pontoons that cruise around with like 20 people on them on the left side of the lake. God Damnit people, treat it like a road, you are supposed to drive on the right side of the lake. Dont get pissed off at me for going 45 MPH past you when you are on the wrong side.

TCHB
09-06-2006, 06:35 PM
People who get their boats ready on the ramp. Last week a guy in a 21 ft Schiada took twenty minutes getting the small boat ready to launch. He was a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nodigg
09-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh and the guy that tries to run you into shore because he thinks he owns the Channel.
Worth saying twice. DIM your lights on the ramp, you are BACKING up.

nodigg
09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh yeah, and not running into Angie all summer ticks me off plenty!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
what is really bothersome to me is watching 1 guy do all the work when there is a boat full of people.
pulling out ropes, anchoring up, tieing up, putting out buoys and so on. I hate that. poor guy is worked and hasn't even drivin the boat yet. :220v:

nodigg
09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
what is really bothersome to me is watching 1 guy do all the work when there is a boat full of people.
pulling out ropes, anchoring up, tieing up, putting out buoys and so on. I hate that. poor guy is worked and hasn't even drivin the boat yet. :220v:
That used to be me, then I went and got a son-in-law!

voodoomedman
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
inconsiderate dip$hits who stand on my painted trailer fenders with sandy shoes loading their $hit into the boat.... got two nice scratches this weekend... looks like those peeps wont be coming back with me.......
Not only are shoes not allowed on the boat or the trailer, we have a bathmat that goes on the fender that we are getting in or out of the boat from.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
That used to be me, then I went and got a son-in-law!
LMAO!! Jamie got married. LOL!! :p

breezeblocker
09-06-2006, 08:24 PM
brother-in-laws that want to go in your boat becuase they bought a prop boat that they cant use in big river.

breezeblocker
09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
wakeboard boats and all 21 foot open bow jets converted to wake board boats with that god awful rollcage :220v: