PDA

View Full Version : Not Good?

asch
09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
--

Perfect Mixer
09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Just change the oil and run it till it blows up!

Perfect Mixer
09-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah... and make sure your sea tow subscription is current!

ThongMagnet
09-04-2006, 10:03 PM
and your insurance is up to date.
Sorry to see that stuff.

ScapeGoat
09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
most likely blew a gasket before selling,repaired it and just did not flush all the water out and its still mixing. presure test the cylinders/block. or change oil often till it stops milk shaking.

LAFD
09-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Was SUPPOSED to be heading out to the lake tomorrow but went to change the oil and found this. This is the dreaded motor "milkshake" that ruins everything, including your plans.
I'm thinking it's probably the intake manifold but I'm not real familiar with marine blocks. Don't think it's a head gasket because the cylinders didn't pump any water out the spark plug holes. Who knows??? Just bought this boat from a fellow Hot Boater 2 days ago, so I hope the right thing gets done and resolved HONORABLY.
will work with you the best i can iv done nothing but bend over backwards for you getting pictures,facts etc never hid anything from you and we even ran the boat at your house for almost ten minute and ran bitchen.

LAFD
09-04-2006, 10:16 PM
most likely blew a gasket before selling,repaired it and just did not flush all the water out and its still mixing. presure test the cylinders/block. or change oil often till it stops milk shaking.
last time i had the boat out it was running like crap cause the points and condensor went bad. replaced them and motor runs bad ass. motor only has about 30 hours on it if that from a total rebuild from a well known shop. drain the oil a few times and it will clear up cant be anything major.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 08:40 AM
bump

Huckleberry
09-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Just bought this boat from a fellow Hot Boater 2 days ago, so I hope the right thing gets done and resolved HONORABLY.
If you wanted to resolve this matter HONORABLY, you should have contacted the buyer personally or via PM before posting it on a public forum. This would give them the opportunity to resolve it HONORABLY. Airing your dirty laundry right off the bat on this forum is just plain chicken-shiat if you ask me. If they don't step up and do the right thing...then the power of the internet is a great tool.

ratso
09-05-2006, 02:11 PM
If you wanted to resolve this matter HONORABLY, you should have contacted the buyer personally or via PM before posting it on a public forum. This would give them the opportunity to resolve it HONORABLY. Airing your dirty laundry right off the bat on this forum is just plain chicken-shiat if you ask me. If they don't step up and do the right thing...then the power of the internet is a great tool.
I agree... but then that's what makes this ***boat!!! :boxingguy :D

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:11 PM
thanks thats what i said. im helpin him out the best i can and say that it doesnt turnout the way he wants that there nothing that can be said that would put it on me i was honest with him and ran the boat for him so he knew how it ran before i left his house and everything was fine. it has to be a simple fix more opinions or suggestions would help.again i am tryin the best i can to help him fix his problem.

Huckleberry
09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
thanks thats what i said. im helpin him out the best i can and say that it doesnt turnout the way he wants that there nothing that can be said that would put it on me i was honest with him and ran the boat for him so he knew how it ran before i left his house and everything was fine. it has to be a simple fix more opinions or suggestions would help.again i am tryin the best i can to help him fix his problem.
Sounds like you're doing the honorable thing, perhaps he could do the same and delete this thread!

Nord
09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Take it back to the people who rebuilt it and see what they say, I'd assume that they would guarantee their work for at least 30 hours.

ratso
09-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Is there any chance rain water could have gotten in through the breather? Other things are a cracked exhaust manifold, cracked block, or bad head gasket maybe? Has it been in any cold freezing weather?

Hustler
What did the dipstick look like when you checked the boat out? Try doing a oil change and see if it comes back. Have you ran the boat since you got it?

NautiTwins
what kind of boat is it? This happened once with my old boat. It had an exposed motor and if I got caught with it outside in the rain it would leak in through the valve cover breathers. Not a big deal, just change the oil and filter, hook it up to the hose and run it. do it twice if you have to.

ratso
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Sounds like you're doing the honorable thing, perhaps he could do the same and delete this thread!
...no can do.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:23 PM
i am trying ive been picking peoples brains about what could possibly be the issue and the only thing that has been said is possible intake or head gasket or some water got in the crank case from when running the boat on the hose. i can understand that he is upset but it was a unforseable incedent that if i knew was there i wouldnt of sold it until i knew it was fixed you can ask anyone who knows me on here that i take care of my stuff and im honest. he just has to be willing to try a couple things.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Is there any chance rain water could have gotten in through the breather? Other things are a cracked exhaust manifold, cracked block, or bad head gasket maybe? Has it been in any cold freezing weather?
negative on the rain water has always been covered and motor has engine cover. might be manifold gasket but not sure.i doubt its a cracked block if it was wouldnt i run rough or like crap? also might be head gasket but i didnt think one could fail that quick especially how easy i ran that motor.no cold wheather in so cal so define cold.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:27 PM
What did the dipstick look like when you checked the boat out? Try doing a oil change and see if it comes back. Have you ran the boat since you got it?
motor never had a dipstick ive changed the oil on it 6 times since rebuild and oil has always been clean. and only had about 5 hours since last oil change.

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Thats alot of water. Im thinking head gasket, it looks like it has been mixing for sometime now.

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Yep. thats what I would do.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Thats alot of water. Im thinking head gasket, it looks like it has been mixing for sometime now.
has maybe 5 hours on it from last oil change. than the points and condensor went bad changed those out and ran the motor on the hose at my house for 1 minutes ran great than at the new owners house for almost10 minutes and ran awesome.

JetBoatRich
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
What kind of boat?
What engine temps did you see?

Hustler
09-05-2006, 02:40 PM
motor never had a dipstick ive changed the oil on it 6 times since rebuild and oil has always been clean. and only had about 5 hours since last oil change.
Go buy 3 cases of oil and 3 filters for the guy. change the oil and run it for a little bit. pull the filter and see what it looks like and repeat the steps again. Has asch put the boat in the water yet?

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
has maybe 5 hours on it from last oil change. than the points and condensor went bad changed those out and ran the motor on the hose at my house for 1 minutes ran great than at the new owners house for almost10 minutes and ran awesome.
So the boat hasnt seen water since you sold it. Hmmmmmm, like JBR said what were the temps like.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:43 PM
What kind of boat?
What engine temps did you see?
79 southwind jet. always low water temp never got hot at all. always had great oil pressure.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Go buy 3 cases of oil and 3 filters for the guy. change the oil and run it for a little bit. pull the filter and see what it looks like and repeat the steps again. Has asch put the boat in the water yet?
not sure if he has put it in the water yet i think he said he didnt but im not sure.

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 02:44 PM
79 southwind jet. always low water temp never got hot at all. always had great oil pressure.
But, when you ran it on the trailor, what did the temps say????????????????

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:45 PM
So the boat hasnt seen water since you sold it. Hmmmmmm, like JBR said what were the temps like.
temps have always been low never ran high at all.

JetBoatRich
09-05-2006, 02:45 PM
may not be getting warm enough :rolleyes: looks like a lot of water :yuk:
Are you turning the water hose all the way on?

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
But, when you ran it on the trailor, what did the temps say????????????????
again temps where low even asch can back that up everything was readin great lows temps and great oil pressure.

Hustler
09-05-2006, 02:47 PM
was the hose left on with the boat not running?

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 02:47 PM
again temps where low even asch can back that up everything was readin great lows temps and great oil pressure.
Take the advice of myself and hustler. Change the oil and see if it happens again. I doubt it is anything major.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:48 PM
may not be getting warm enough :rolleyes: looks like a lot of water :yuk:
Are you turning the water hose all the way on?
yes water was turned on all the way not sure at his house cause he turned it on but at my house it was turned all the way on.

JetBoatRich
I was headed to the same question :rolleyes:

460 jus getn it
Has he ran the boat on the trailor since he got it. Possible over heated it by not giving it enough water from the hose. Then when he did run it again it pushed water in threw a bad gasket. Just throwing things out there.

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh please. Get a clue you moron. DID I NAME ANY NAMES??? NO!
What dirty laundry??? NONE of you had a clue who I bought this boat from until now. I was hoping to get some input and keep the seller ANONYMOUS!
ASCH, walk outside, hook it up to the hose and run it till the motor gets warm. Turn off hose, then turn off boat. Change oil. Turn boat on, then turn water on. Run for 10 mintues, making sure you do not have the hose on full blast and see what the oil looks like.

LAFD
What dirty laundry??? NONE of you had a clue who I bought this boat from until now. I was hoping to get some input and keep the seller ANONYMOUS!
i stepped up and made myself known im not hiding anything and havent yet again im trying to help you out the best i can and there has been input on what to do.

JetBoatRich
yes water was turned on all the way not sure at his house cause he turned it on but at my house it was turned all the way on.
you don't need that much pressure :yuk:
Change the oil a couple times and lower the water pressure :rolleyes:

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
no turned the hose off and waited till the exhaust got loud again to shut the boat down.

Biglue
09-05-2006, 02:51 PM
not sure if he has put it in the water yet i think he said he didnt but im not sure.
That should be the question at hand. If both of you were there and ran it and it ran good, then I would suspect something after that. HAs the new owner ran it since? I think the new owner should change oil and filter and go from there. Best of luck.

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Esay there killer. People are trying to help ya. Take a step back, gather yourself and relax.

NautiTwins
That should be the question at hand. If both of you were there and ran it and it ran good, then I would suspect something after that. HAs the new owner ran it since? I think the new owner should change oil and filter and go from there. Best of luck.
Or maybe check the fuel pump!! LMAO>
How you been Lue.

LAFD
Has he ran the boat on the trailor since he got it. Possible over heated it by not giving it enough water from the hose. Then when he did run it again it pushed water in threw a bad gasket. Just throwing things out there.
we ran the boat on the trailor the day i sold him the boat ran it for almost 10 minutes and the temp never got high at all. motor ran great no spuddering and idled smooth. even acsh looked at all the gauges and said it was good so yes it has been ran at his house.

Biglue
09-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Or maybe check the fuel pump!! LMAO>
How you been Lue.
LOL sup Jer. Been good bro. You? How did you spend the long weekend?
Good thing it was not an oil "leak" huh? LOL

460 jus getn it
we ran the boat on the trailor the day i sold him the boat ran it for almost 10 minutes and the temp never got high at all. motor ran great no spuddering and idled smooth. even acsh looked at all the gauges and said it was good so yes it has been ran at his house.
Ok, so the ? what has he done since you left. Something has to have happen to have that much water in the oil yes?

LAFD
you don't need that much pressure :yuk:
Change the oil a couple times and lower the water pressure :rolleyes:
didnt know that again i did have hose on full and i have high pressure at my house so would that push water in to mix with the oil?

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Took the wife and kids to CA to visit with friends and family. A non-eventful weekend for once. Played in the ocean a couple of days and went to the lake on Sat morning with a buddy and his new ride.

diggler
If this is a jetboat, then you probably have water coming in through the headers....

LAFD
Ok, so the ? what has he done since you left. Something has to have happen to have that much water in the oil yes?
not sure what he has done he says he hasnt taken it out only changed oil.im thinking i had my hose on high and i have high water pressure now would that cause water to be pushed into the oil because of the pressure?

460 jus getn it
didnt know that again i did have hose on full and i have high pressure at my house so would that push water in to mix with the oil?Now we are getting somewhere. Yes if its on full blast you can over load the motor and push water in.

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 02:57 PM
not sure what he has done he says he hasnt taken it out only changed oil.im thinking i had my hose on high and i have high water pressure now would that cause water to be pushed into the oil because of the pressure?
Yes, post 54.

squirt'nmyload
we ran the boat on the trailor the day i sold him the boat ran it for almost 10 minutes
hopefully you aren't pinned for any impeller damage too

Biglue
Took the wife and kids to CA to visit with friends and family. A non-eventful weekend for once. Played in the ocean a couple of days and went to the lake on Sat morning with a buddy and his new ride.
Right on. Foo give us a holler when you're down here. We could have hooked up.

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
didnt know that again i did have hose on full and i have high pressure at my house so would that push water in to mix with the oil?
Every time. It really does not take that much. Just start with a little pressure and when you start to get water out of the exhuast stop.

460 jus getn it
I wasnt going to say anything....FU, if he comes back next week saying its leaking oil IM OUT.

LAFD
Now we are getting somewhere. Yes if its on full blast you can over load the motor and push water in.
i figured thats what might have happened when he told me about the water in the oil. i told him to change out the oil a few times and it would probly clear up.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I wasnt going to say anything....FU, if he comes back next week saying its leaking oil IM OUT.
that would suck wouldnt it. no it doesnt leak oil. :cool:

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Right on. Foo give us a holler when you're down here. We could have hooked up.
I dont make it to compton to often. LMAO. We just went to Piru from open at 6:15 to about 11 am. Then went home to play on the beach. It was to hot in the valley's. Next time is in two weeks. Boys trip to Parker.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Every time. It really does not take that much. Just start with a little pressure and when you start to get water out of the exhuast stop.
cool so this is what seems to be the problem asch theres been a few responses with this answer try it out and you'll probly be pleased with the outcome.

XTRM22
I think it would take running it longer at low temp to develop the problem I had that caused the dreaded brown milky oil. My tstat was stuck open and the engine would never get over 120-130 degrees, and with water temps in the low 80's it caused condensation that would burn off in a hot (160-190) engine. it only took a couple of hours running at the low temps for my oil to show milky. Probably something else, but I changed the oil, filter and tstat and haven't had an issue since (60 something engine hours ago).
Chuck

460 jus getn it
that would suck wouldnt it. no it doesnt leak oil. :cool:
Please dont get um started. Isl talk, no need to involve HB......................

NautiTwins
LMAO. Easy there buddy!

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Please dont get um started. Isl talk, no need to involve HB......................
LMAO. Whos getting started?

LAFD
There's no dipstick so theres no way to accurately monitor the oil level.
Have not ran the boat
Have not put the boat in the water.
Moved it into driveway to change oil.
getting ready to change oil as I write this. Just need find out how much this behmoth of an oil pan holds. :)
10 or 12 quart pan... should be on the build sheet i gave you.

LAFD
haha roger that. :220v:

Biglue
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I dont make it to compton to often. LMAO. We just went to Piru from open at 6:15 to about 11 am. Then went home to play on the beach. It was to hot in the valley's. Next time is in two weeks. Boys trip to Parker.
I don't live in the CPT. LOL
What kinda boat did you guys go out in?

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
There's no dipstick so theres no way to accurately monitor the oil level.
Have not ran the boat
Have not put the boat in the water.
Moved it into driveway to change oil.
getting ready to change oil as I write this. Just need find out how much this behmoth of an oil pan holds. :)
Change the oil and run it. Then check again, your probally going to see some water but thats ok. Change the oil again and run it again. After that enjoy the rest of your summer.

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 03:03 PM
12 quart pan...
There seriously is no dip stick? That can be kind of dangerous, especially if you run in hot temps like at the river. How can you check it other then taking the filter on and off?

460 jus getn it
09-05-2006, 03:04 PM
LMAO. Whos getting started?
haha roger that. :220v:
ROTFLMAO.......................................... ...........................................

Biglue
09-05-2006, 03:05 PM
There seriously is no dip stick? That can be kind of dangerous, especially if you run in hot temps like at the river. How can you check it other then taking the filter on and off?
Nah no dipstick. LAFD was not part of the sale. :crossx:

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't live in the CPT. LOL
What kinda boat did you guys go out in?
It is an exact copy of my boat. He just bought it. Now we have two roll bar boats to sink 460 if he ever makes it out to the river.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah never had a dipstick on it. no way of really checkin it. have only ran it at the river 2 times mostly local lakes like castaic.

ratso
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Why no dipstick??? :rolleyes:

LAFD
09-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Nah no dipstick. LAFD was not part of the sale. :crossx:
thanks lue can always count on you.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Why no dipstick??? :rolleyes:
never had one since the day i bought it. not sure why i never had one. im just crazy like that.

Hustler
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Is'nt it a Moroso pan? If it is it is a 9qt pan.

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
hopefully you aren't pinned for any impeller damage too
again....you guys are telling this guy to run the boat on the trailer???? not that i don't but where are the haters that say its sooooooooooo bad???http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/busted_blue.gif

LAFD
09-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Is'nt it a Moroso pan? If it is it is a 9qt pan.
yeah it is a moroso i gave the guy a build sheet it should be on there and if it isnt theres a number to burbank speed and marine on it that he can call.

Hustler
09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
again....you guys are telling this guy to run the boat on the trailer???? not that i don't but where are the haters that say its sooooooooooo bad???http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/busted_blue.gif
One hose to the motor and the other shoved in nozzle.

LAFD
09-05-2006, 03:44 PM
thats what i did at my house.

Biglue
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
thanks lue can always count on you.
No prob grasshopper. You know me. Always offering advice. LOL
What are you going to do about a boat now bro?

squirt'nmyload
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
ask that is just jets and..........http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/blowup.gif

marty722
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
You should know better then that, You have not been on HB that long and I fully agree that you should have contacted him by email or phone and discussed it then... Now I know NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM LAFD!!!!!
Just kidding!!!!!!! Thats what happens when you buy used... My story is I bought a boat from a fellow ***boater and yes it ran find on the trailer but when I took it out it had a bad miss... I spent countless hours and $$$ finding the problem but again AS-IS is Ass-gets!!!! My boat runs bitchen now!!!!!

ratso
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=marty722]Thats what happens when you buy used...[QUOTE=marty722]
I know, I know.
You warned me brotha :)
Hopefully as a few have said on here, may be as simple as too much water pressure. ;)

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Doesnt necessarily have to have water through the spark plug holes to be a head gasket.
Change the oil,, try it again,, Ya gotta alot of caramel there,,
I'd suspect the head gasket.
And,, see if a cylinder liner is cracked causing the HG to blow too.

LakesOnly
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
1) Perform a cylinder leakdown test (NOT a compression test); this may reveal a blown head gasket or otherwise.
2) If it checks out okay. R&R intake manifold with new gaskets and use plenty of silicone sealer at the water outlets in the heads, both front and rear. Torque to specification, let the sealer dry, let the gaskets relax, and then re-torque. Change oil & filter. Test run with gate valve as close to closed as safely can be, and look for shake.
3) A lot happens in 30 hours of run time, especially in a marine engine, and I wouldn't expect any machine shop to feel obligated to owe any type of warranty on a high performance marine application jet boat engine unless this was specifically purchased with the build (but I seriously doubt is/was offered).
LO