PDA

View Full Version : Flamino Laughlin

24ROD
09-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Stayed at the Flamingo last weekend for a couple of days what a DUMP What happened to that place used to be preety nice?

Beer-30
09-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Stayed at the Flamingo last weekend for a couple of days what a DUMP What happened to that place used to be preety nice?
We stayed there during Mem Day, 2005. Never again. Our reservations were screwed up as we walked in the door. I had resvd 4 rooms, and they had double-booked me. Suddenly, I had 8 rooms on my card. The gal behind the desk did not care at all and obviously was not happy about working there. It finally took a manager to come de-book the rooms and start all over.
Then, parking became an issue. 2 nights in a row, we ended up parking the boat/pickup ACROSS THE RIVER at their "sister" establishment. Nightmare.

3 daytona`s
09-06-2006, 08:18 AM
They have new owners in the process of a multi million dollar renovation.I know several who work there.They said after meetings with new owners everything will be upgraded and it will be a jewel on the river. :)

AirtimeLavey
09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
We stayed there during Mem Day, 2005. Never again. Our reservations were screwed up as we walked in the door. I had resvd 4 rooms, and they had double-booked me. Suddenly, I had 8 rooms on my card. The gal behind the desk did not care at all and obviously was not happy about working there. It finally took a manager to come de-book the rooms and start all over.
Then, parking became an issue. 2 nights in a row, we ended up parking the boat/pickup ACROSS THE RIVER at their "sister" establishment. Nightmare.
Just gotta talk nice to the parking lot attendant :wink: , they have a special parking place.
We've had reservations jacked up there a couple of times. They told us that they don't guarantee rooms. They'll hold a room for you, but no guarantee that it's a King or 2 Queens, smoking or non, etc. I'm looking forward to the redo of that place. Until then, we just stayed at the G. Nug. and that place was great!

24ROD
09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Just plain dirty and nasty :mad: Had every where else not been full we would have switched. Still came home 2 days early :mad: Flamingo=Sh** Hole.

desertbird
09-06-2006, 08:58 AM
It got bought out. Harrahs owned it for a little while and just sold it agaoin in May. Notice the sign was taken off the building too this time!
It's gonna stay a dump if I had to bet on it. It was purchased by some real estate investment group that also owns Arizona Charley's, The Stratosphere, and some other $hitholes in Atlantic City [aren't they all?].
If the Stratosphere is any precursor to the future of the Flamingo, they might as well just tear it down! It will be called "The Aquarius" in 2007. Expect watered down drinks, overpriced rooms, and 6 to 5 on your blackjack table. :yuk:
I was an Edgwater BJ player for over 5 years when Mandalay bought them and CB next door. That season the place went downhill and I left for The Riverside. I have no plans on leaving soon.....
More info:
http://www.areplp.com/
http://www.namedevelopment.com/blog/archives/2006/05/the_age_of_aqua.html