PDA

View Full Version : Diamondbacks No Hit

Not So Fast
09-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Well looks like the D-Backs are throwing in the towel for this year :( They have brought up some of the younger players and should be pretty good next year :idea: The Marlin pitcer, Anabal Sanchez threw them a no hitter tonite, bad thing was there were about 500 people to see it. Is there no fans in Marlinville!!!!!! Go Padres or Dodgers (screw the giants) :D NSF

squirt'nmyload
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Well looks like the D-Backs are throwing in the towel for this year :( They have brought up some of the younger players and should be pretty good next year :idea: The Marlin pitcer, Anabal Sanchez threw them a no hitter tonite, bad thing was there were about 500 people to see it. Is there no fans in Marlinville!!!!!! Go Padres or Dodgers (screw the giants) :D NSF
did you watch the dback game yesterday????? there was some guy sitting next to the mic by home plate heckeling the dbacks for the last couple innings....it was classic!!!!

HavasuSelect
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
The Marlins are an incredible young team and they're going to be a force to reckon with for many years to come. People were laughing at them during their fire sale and now you can obviously see that it's paying dividends now. Don't forget about their payroll. In the off season they can go out and get some bg name players to improve their lineup.

HavasuSelect
09-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I think the funniest part is their entire payroll is less expensive then A-Rod and Bonds. (15 million). It's actually quite impressive. Joe Girardi is hands down mangaer of the year. He's gotta be.

HavasuSelect
09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Good call on Girardi.
I heard a conversation about a possible scenario of Girardi getting manager of the year and being fired in the same year. That being after the run in he had with the owner.

HavasuSelect
09-06-2006, 06:55 PM
You got to like the job Grady Little has done with the Dodgers too. I hope Girardi doesn't get fired, he's excellent with the younger players.
Grady is doing a hell of a job. Grady and Ned Colleti. They basically turned last years disaster into a team making a run this year. I'm fairly certain that if Girardi got fired he'd have a spot somewhere else in the immediate future. I guess the old saying about catchers being the best managers is true.

Not So Fast
09-07-2006, 03:28 AM
did you watch the dback game yesterday????? there was some guy sitting next to the mic by home plate heckeling the dbacks for the last couple innings....it was classic!!!!
YES, and even Gracie commented on that asshole, was he annoying or what. Thats the kind of guy that usually sits next to me if I go to a game, why I stopped going to games also. NSF

ChumpChange
09-07-2006, 06:17 AM
I have not seen the footage but they were talking about this game on the radio this morning and the last out of the game. I guess it was a routine grounder to second but the second baseman took his time and threw the ball late.
Tie goes to the runner? Was he really safe? or did the ump call him out since baseball needs a no-hitter?

DILLIGAF
09-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I have not seen the footage but they were talking about this game on the radio this morning and the last out of the game. I guess it was a routine grounder to second but the second baseman took his time and threw the ball late.
Tie goes to the runner? Was he really safe? or did the ump call him out since baseball needs a no-hitter?
I saw the end of the game...That play was very close.

HavasuSelect
10-02-2006, 03:35 PM
YES, and even Gracie commented on that asshole, was he annoying or what. Thats the kind of guy that usually sits next to me if I go to a game, why I stopped going to games also. NSF
Well it happened....They're going to fire Girardi.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2609813

Not So Fast
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Well it happened....They're going to fire Girardi.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2609813
Dont know what this has to do with that obnoxious fan but Girardi called out the owner right in front of the cameras and fans during an earlier game and you dont F--- with the bull or you get the horn. He did a hellofa job with the team and deserved better, good manager IMO. NSF

HavasuSelect
10-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Dont know what this has to do with that obnoxious fan but Girardi called out the owner right in front of the cameras and fans during an earlier game and you dont F--- with the bull or you get the horn. He did a hellofa job with the team and deserved better, good manager IMO. NSF
He did a great job. And as stated before should be the manager of the year. I'm just hoping he dosen't end up in S.F., maybe Chicago would be a better spot for him since he did play there.