PDA

View Full Version : Boat hits 11 yr old boy

Orange Gasm
09-06-2006, 11:34 PM
If anyone knows of a yellow and white ski boat with tower and yellow speekers that was at Shaver Lake by Fresno Calif. Sat Sept 2 please read. This person hit a 11 yr old boy with his or her boat. The boy is in critical cond. and in a coma, at Valley Childrens Hospital with prop cuts to his face and chest. This boat keeped going and this person needs to step up and face the music. If anyone knows of this person please call the Fresno County Sheriffs at 559 485 3111.
Thanks

wsuwrhr
09-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Bummer,
Someone in your family?
What are the chances they never saw anyone in the water?
So sad,
Brian

Rexone
09-07-2006, 12:17 AM
So sad,
Brian
I would think slim to none IF:
1. They weren't drunk or drugged out.
2 They were paying attention to where they were going as all boat drivers should be at all times.
It would be tough to imagine running over someone and hitting them with the prop without feeling something abnormal in the boat.

Not So Fast
09-07-2006, 03:06 AM
I dont know about that Mike. We went down to the Parker Strip last Sunday (by car and observed), while doing so from a couple of high spots I saw people towing small ones which shocked me. It was so busy with boats and ski's plus the water was like a washing machine that I said if someone fell they would be in harms way Immediately because of the confused water conditions. Easy to not see a persons head if you ask me.
Sad story though and I pray the little guy makes it OK. NSF

Rexone
09-07-2006, 03:17 AM
I dont know about that Mike. We went down to the Parker Strip last Sunday (by car and observed), while doing so from a couple of high spots I saw people towing small ones which shocked me. It was so busy with boats and ski's plus the water was like a washing machine that I said if someone fell they would be in harms way Immediately because of the confused water conditions. Easy to not see a persons head if you ask me.
Sad story though and I pray the little guy makes it OK. NSF
I agree hard to see, I've boated in those conditions too, people in the water, late afternoon glare in your eyes. In ski race situations too where the speeds are high, the racing is intense and crowded with boats and skiers 10-20 feet apart in a pack going 80 to 100 mph. You hit someone in those conditions they're dead. Not an excuse in my book.
Hard to imagine hitting someone though and not feeling it in the boat, especially with prop cuts. Due dilligence would indicate to at least stop turn around and see what you hit. Common sense to me. I guess common sense maybe isn't all that common any more. Or they knew what happened and just hauled ass. Hit and runs in cars happen all the time. Same mentality.

purrfecttremor
09-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Same mentality ASS HOLES!!

Orange Gasm
09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
bump

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 07:46 AM
My post in know way absconds ANYONE from "not turning around to see what that was".
Since time of day wasn't mentioned, I was only saying the first thing on my mind.
Sorry if I came off as an idiot.
It is terrible, and we hope the little guy makes it out OK.
Brian

TheLurker
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Brian
I agree hard to see, I've boated in those conditions too, people in the water, late afternoon glare in your eyes. In ski race situations too where the speeds are high, the racing is intense and crowded with boats and skiers 10-20 feet apart in a pack going 80 to 100 mph. You hit someone in those conditions they're dead. Not an excuse in my book.
I have a solution, All Life Vests should be Bright Orange so they stand out like a sore thumb. All I ever see is black or dark blue ones .

Not So Fast
09-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I have a solution, All Life Vests should be Bright Orange so they stand out like a sore thumb. All I ever see is black or dark blue ones .
Better yet, and I do not know the conditions where this happened but where i described (Parker Strip)I would not let an adult be towed around much less a little kid. When the water is all pitched and confused a head can look pretty small plus watching for all of the other watercraft in the immediate area, just seems in that situation you should say "lets do this tomorrow" OK kids. Not defending the guy by any means but I know that at times my wife has said "do you see that boat" and no I didnt see it. Still though TRAGIC, pray he's OK!!!!!!!!! NSF

TheLurker
09-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I didn’t mean to imply that if a person could be made more visible in the water it would be OK to take them out in any situation. Some sections of the river get very crowded and I would not put anyone at the end of a towrope under that type of circumstance.
I would just like to see an effort by the PFD manufactures to make them more visible like a Caltrans vests.
In this case function over form.

Schiada76
09-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Better yet, and I do not know the conditions where this happened but where i described (Parker Strip)I would not let an adult be towed around much less a little kid. When the water is all pitched and confused a head can look pretty small plus watching for all of the other watercraft in the immediate area, just seems in that situation you should say "lets do this tomorrow" OK kids. Not defending the guy by any means but I know that at times my wife has said "do you see that boat" and no I didnt see it. Still though TRAGIC, pray he's OK!!!!!!!!! NSF
On Sunday we watched a guy towing two kids in tubes at about 1:00. Seperate tubes, one to port one to starboard. When one of the kids dumped right in front of us we stood up hoping nothing was going to happen when the driver turned and whipped the remaining kid across the chit that was going on. Thank god they got the kid in the boat, twenty seconds later an ocean boat came screaming by at at least fifty through the hugh amount of traffic. At the same time some freaking idiot was heading North on the wrong side of the river. :2purples: :2purples:
It really scared the crap out of us. :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
09-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Hopefully the boy makes it and that the police find out who hit him.

AirtimeLavey
09-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Hopefully the boy makes it and that the police find out who hit him.
Ditto... :mad:
I won't drop my kids in the water unless we're well away from traffic. Usually coves. Never in the river, unless it's a weekday.

Not So Fast
09-07-2006, 11:22 AM
On Sunday we watched a guy towing two kids in tubes at about 1:00. Seperate tubes, one to port one to starboard. When one of the kids dumped right in front of us we stood up hoping nothing was going to happen when the driver turned and whipped the remaining kid across the chit that was going on. Thank god they got the kid in the boat, twenty seconds later an ocean boat came screaming by at at least fifty through the hugh amount of traffic. At the same time some freaking idiot was heading North on the wrong side of the river. :2purples: :2purples:
It really scared the crap out of us. :rolleyes:
Yup, thats what I'm talking about exactly but they continue to do it just like boating when its very windy. I guess it's the case of we are here and damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.:( NSF

Orange Gasm
09-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Dallen, the boy, came out of his coma on monday and was taken off the ventalator. He was moved from critical to serious. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks

pixilatedpussy
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
If anyone knows of a yellow and white ski boat with tower and yellow speekers that was at Shaver Lake by Fresno Calif. Sat Sept 2 please read. This person hit a 11 yr old boy with his or her boat. The boy is in critical cond. and in a coma, at Valley Childrens Hospital with prop cuts to his face and chest. This boat keeped going and this person needs to step up and face the music. If anyone knows of this person please call the Fresno County Sheriffs at 559 485 3111.
Thanks
So so sad! Thoughts & Prayers go out!

Badger301
09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Dallen, the boy, came out of his coma on monday and was taken off the ventalator. He was moved from critical to serious. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks
Thats good news...Prayers still going out though

kingLHC
09-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Ditto... :mad:
I won't drop my kids in the water unless we're well away from traffic. Usually coves. Never in the river, unless it's a weekday.
I'm always amazed at the people who tow tubes or skiers out by Site 6, in front of Windsor Beach and the lower river. It's crazy enough, just watching for boats and jet skis, let alone put a swimmer in the water. Accidents do happen, and in a perfect world, yes, we SHOULD see everything. But then there's a little bit of the dumb factor in most accidents.
I always feel like I got punched in the gut when I hear of a child getting hurt. My prayers go out for him.